Medimpact Healthcare Systems Employee Reviews

Ba
Pharmacy Benefit Management (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2017
Lots of PBM experience needed in order to make your career a successful one. Lots of room for advancement. Really great company for pharmacists. Manager is flexible with scheduling.
Look Elsewhere
N/A (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2017
Management over-works the grunts, while they online shop, read the news headlines, or stare at one file all day long. They yell at their employees, without bothering to provide support. Employees hired right out of college were left to drowned. They were never trained, then let go.

Departments work in silos.

You have to know the right people to get ahead.

The company cannot retain talent. They push talent out.
Pros
No burnt popcorn
Cons
Very busy and good support group.
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2017
Have to review prescription request for approval. Have to review medical records, with pharmacy records, and even test results. I had to contact physicians office for more information when needed. Helped call center if call volume got too high. Have to place in final status within 24 hours. If anyone needed help, there was a good support staff.
Pros
Had own cubical.
Cons
Short break when very busy. Didn't have best benefit package.
good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Buren Twp, MIMay 9, 2017
great experience, but I wish they had stuck to their original philosophy of helping employers to succeed. Upper management needs to to be revamped. but a good opportunity
Business Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIApril 25, 2017
Medimpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is a great opportunity for those who are interested learning the role of a Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) plays in the healthcare industry. As a representative of the company you are exposed to assist and answer questions about pharmacy benefits to pharmacies, physicians, healthcare plan sponsors, and their members and beneficiaries.
MedImpact Healthcare Systems
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2017
MedImpact's upper management is wealthy and arrogant. The employees were worked very hard without good work-life balance. The culture was competitive and secretive.
Pros
Hard- working employees
Cons
Poor work-life balance
Dont waste your time
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, MIJanuary 19, 2017
If you have kids, mother or father. This is not the place for you. They care nothing about your family, the hours wasnt that bad, but forced. The management is just horrible. Once i got out of training i was sent an email who my suporvior was, she didnt say anything to me, not introduction or nothing until a month had passed. I didnt know what my stats was, didnt know how i was doing on the job. I had to ask Shawanda (Sup) myself for a sit down with her in order to know where i stood with this company. It so much more wrong about this place. But i have better things to do. Just dont waste your time at this place.
Pros
Cons
everything
Micromanagement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Buren Twp, MIMay 28, 2016
The turnover rate for Customer Service Representatives is alarming, but understandable.

If you want to be micromanaged and work lousy hours at a low pay this is the place to for you.

Good luck!
Challenged by Innovation delivery
Vice President, Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2015
A building full of great people who are dedicated to delivering world class service. Management are operators who lack the ability to evolve with the marketplace.
Fast pace team oriented environment
Senior Business Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2015
I worked with a team where we had to build a government mandated product from scratch. Developers, BA, business units and management stakeholders collaborated well together to translate the government spec into requirements. I was with this project from the beginning all the way through implementation. Completing this project and supporting it through go live was the most enjoyable part of this position.
Pros
Processes, Communiction, Teamwork
Cons
Government deadlines
Pharmacy call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2015
demanding as well as rewarding. Management turn over was rather high. My co-workers were incredible and would pull together as a team for support during the hard times.
Pros
the clients
Cons
unable to spend enough time truly assisting members
Pharmacy Help Desk/ Call Center
Customer service rep I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaSeptember 17, 2013
I liked working for Medimpact. The benefits were good and so were the hours. The pay was also sufficient. I was very sad to leave but i ended up getting more pharmacy experrience at my current job.
Pros
Desk job, benefits, pay rate
Cons
Company Lay offs, no face-to-face interact with customers