MedImpact Employee Reviews

Good place to start.
Network and Security Operator II (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 18, 2017
I started here after graduating with an AS in Network Administration. I've learned a few things about managing a data center and end user support. Working nights has been exhausting but the pay compensation was worth it.
Pros
Not too difficult with good pay and benefits.
Great experience in introduction to insurance companies and policies
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIAugust 30, 2017
Really like getting to see the other side of health care and work with the doctors office to get the information we need to do everything we can to get patients there needed medication.
Lots of room for advancement
Supervisor / Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2017
Medimpact promotes from within as employees' skills in one department will carry over to other roles/departments. Good compensation and benefits. Ongoing training and senior leadership does make efforts to engage their employees and be transparent about the company.
Pros
Training, advancement, compensation
Cons
Slow to update technology
Fun and relaxing workplace
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 8, 2017
The workplace provided ergonomics time as well as customer satisfaction.Calls were constantly coming in and we were provided with the right tools to provide excellent customer service.
Pros
free lunch and half days
Cons
n/a
Great opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 2, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work and get started on a career path with multiple departments to move into. Management and teams are excellent at communication.
working a pharmacy help desk and speaking to customers and pharmacists daily
Pharmacy Help Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2017
Interesting position and using empathy, and great concern and respect for HIPPA regulations, customer service skills greatly needed in discussing sensitive benefit issues.
Pros
Very early hours shift, extremely friendly staff
Cons
Position was temporary
Great People but Management is making the company bad to work for.
IT Business Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2017
This place could be good to work for if they got better management. And it also depends on the department. Some departments are worse than others...
IT Department is very bad
Software Engineer IV (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2017
MedImpact is a good company over all. However, it is depends on which department you are working for and who your boss is. Some managers abuse their employees and treat employees unfairly. Some IT department managers don't seem to work for business. IT developed very bad software and forced business users to use it. They hide issues under the rugs and blame others for problems. Many developers don't want to share their knowledge because they were afraid of loosing their job. It is the worse IT department I have ever work for. Stay away from IT department.
Pros
pay well
Cons
Unbalance work schedule, favori
Pharmacy Solicitation Contract Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2017
Good place to work, but I am a contractor and I would like to find a permanent position.
When I began working here I had not been in the PBM world before.
Many new things to learn but the team I am on is a great team and provides many learning opportunities.

I have taken on more tasks than what I was hired to do but I had the opportunity to expend my knowledge of the PBM industry.
Management is unqualified
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 11, 2017
Management is unqualified to lead the Employees under them. Completely focused on revenue and growth, with no understanding of day to day departmental operations

Want to know more about MedImpact?

Ask a question
IT department
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 10, 2017
This company has gone through a lot of changes and has grown a lot in the last 10 years. The IT department especially has grown and has changed it's culture.

Overall there have been a lot of turnover in IT for particular teams due to the bad and unethical management. This is the worst of all the years I have been there. All the good people are slowly moving out and new hires are not well trained and skilled.
Pros
Good people to work with that are not at management level
Cons
IT management don't know what they are doing and most of the time, they do not put the company at best interest.
Horrible communication
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, MIFebruary 2, 2017
Favoritism from management, being good at your job is not always enough to move up. Career progression process is a bit mysterious. Tons of gossip a bit like high school. Pay is competitive.
Good culture
Senior Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2017
MedImpact has a good culture and people are friendly. They also have good benefits. They are loyal to their customers and resolve issues and offer a solution fast.
Good work life balance.
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 22, 2016
Good work life balance.
Good tools and technologies to learn from.
Nice co-workers to work with.

Open culture and managers are accessible for you always.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wayne miNovember 21, 2016
Ready to work for you. I love a challenge. Dependable, attentive, observant, flexible and creative. Open availability. I can start as soon as possible.
Bait and Switch
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, MIJuly 26, 2016
Nothing is what it seems here. Co workers are overwhelmed and tired, there is no incentive or appreciation for overworked employees, it feels like jail because EVERY SINGLE THING you do is monitored and timed. No music to help the day go by (unless you are a supervisor or a PA specialist). Even restroom breaks are timed and counted against you. NO job security for contracted employees and very high turnover rate. Literally the most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers because management doesn't communicate with you at all unless you do something wrong. This company needs to reflect and figure out why the turnover is so high and maybe change some things to make their employees feel more valued no matter if they are full time or contracting...each are EQUALLY important.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
very short breaks, no electronics allowed, no management relationship, feeling expendable everyday
Pa/customer service tech
Pa/customer service tech (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 1, 2016
Taking calls from doctors offices and pharmacies for Pa's and overrides. I got a deeper knowledge of how to handle Pa's and overrides. The environment was serious.
Review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85284May 15, 2016
It paid the bills. Not something I enjoy doing nor is it a place where I enjoy being. Laid back, drama free environment, lots of pot lucks and catering. Everyone is helpful and puts in a team effort for the most part.
Pros
pot lucks or catered lunch often, not a LOT of micromanaging
Cons
High call volume, no time between calls (10 seconds) to document
Medimpact was a great place to work and I learned alot about the heathcare industry
Client Services Business Systems Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2016
I learned a lot about the health care industry. I worked with both internal and external customers in both technical support and new requirements definition through implementation.
Great place to work.
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 6, 2015
Great place to work. I had a great experience and learned a lot. Huge call center over 500 employees. Great managers and leader all around. Great place to grow.