MedImpact Employee Reviews

Great company
Senior Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2015
So far the company is great, for being around so long they do have a lot of processes in place but at the same time there is a lot of continuous improvement that can be done and they are open to it.
Great place to work, interesting work, friendly coworkers, fair compensation
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. An environment where you can learn a lot. Access to a lot of great resources to continue your education. Easy to work and learn from different departments.
Good company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2015
This company provides a very comfortable working environment. Tasks are clear with reasonable due dates. The people are experienced and good to work with.

Managers work well with their direct reports and support their decisions.

Every effort is made to update technology in a reasonable time frame.
Pros
New building; comfortable cubicles; free lunches; good benefits
Cons
Compensation is average compared to market
a great company to work for
client benefit analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2015
A challenging position with lots of room to grow and increase your scope of experience in the pharmacy benefit management industry.
Human Centered Industry mutually profits both workers and clients
QA Software Eng - NE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2015
Working in an FDA regulated industry with eager professionals provides a benefit and stability not seen in consumer software, games and industries whose model relies more many small transactions more than the quality of their service.

It is also very complex due to government regulation and large mass of data required by each state for their many insurers. Balancing complex details, and rewriting legacy documents, and deployment schedules is a daily goal.

Problems do arise, but most Medimpact managers are alert to new ways to improve both the end product and the human processes that maintain and add to the bottom line of all involved.
No life balance with work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Van Buren Twp. MichiganMarch 7, 2015
You sit in a chair for 8-12 hours a day. Two 15 minute breaks and 1 half hour break. Can't leave the premises and very cold in the building in the summer opposite during the winter. Floor manager is not approachable and comes around once a week to have "employee interaction and pretends she cares". They monitor ALL emails, phone calls and you with cameras in the building.
Make sure you do not get off or pause the phone for a bathroom break. It will be used against you and you will be written up. You have a 5 minute window to clock in. Make sure you are READY to work on the dot your shift starts or... you will be written up for a minute too soon or a minute after.
Excellent place to work.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 24, 2015
MedImpact is a awesome place to work. The Leadership is dynamic. The atmosphere is energetic and positive. A typical day would be meeting with your team in the morning. We would go over goals and give feedback. We would then go to our desk and began t provide the customers with excellent customer service. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
catered lunches/lots of overtime
Cons
company outsourced
Productive and great environment to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Buren Twp, MIOctober 15, 2014
Very fast pace place to work.
Learned several different programs to work on.
Great management team.
Great co workers.
Pros
free workout gym
Cons
long lunches, and onsite clinic.
Customer Care
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 8, 2014
Customer Care: Adjudicate prescription claims with 100% accuracy. Accept physician & patient request for clinical authorization, eligibility and co-pay-benefit. Excellent organization of various claim records, business alerts and client information.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
temporary positions only
productive Pharmacy Benefit management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 13, 2014
MedImpact Is a New pharmacy benefit company. I learned a great deal regarding the insurance and health benefits. The hardest part of the job was that to many hours were required. management is still unorganized. At times it was relieving to be financially stable.
Great Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 17, 2013
Will discuss, please see resume.
This was a great place to work with potential.

overriding codes for perscriptions
Mentor 4 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2013
helping people get their medication. How to talk to people when you tell them they can not have it. The best part was when you could help spmeone
Pros
i loved taking care of grandma
Cons
she passed away
love the people there
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2013
excellent place to work, people were very nice very high paced
Great company
CS Rep, PA Coord, Benefit Coord, Internal Clms Aud (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2013
Great company. It's easy when you focus on your duties. I learn different things every day. I truly enjoyed working there for over 13 years.
Pros
career path, great training and outcome
Managing Clients at an executive level
Senior Client Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, caJanuary 21, 2013
I managed several clients at an executive level, mostly including TPAs and small PBMs that we processed claims for. Much like my other jobs, I was there for the client as needed and also at a high level for annual reviews to include trend
Pros
my peers were very pleasant to work with
Cons
had to drive to san diego every day
I enjoyed working everyday it was like a family to me.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2012
I have worked with Phys,Pharmacy,PT and Clients. I really enjoyed helping customers.
Pros
enjoyed my co workers
Cons
nothing