Medisca Employee Reviews

I don't have good review for Medisca.
Packing Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2017
There's nothing I like about this company, nothing special anyway accept it paid me ok. And that is all I have to comment about this company sorry wish I had more.
No respect for this company
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 24, 2015
Medisca is a very flawed company. Irving has no leadership, and is constantly being watched on cameras by supervisors and higher ups in Canada. The director of quality intervenes in daily operations and insists reprimands on employees instead of letting his staff do their job. They staff lacks professionalism, and a clear vision. I represent the twenty fourth person to leave the company in a 6 month period. There is 0 percent for advancement, and the compensation is below average. Medisca does not follow their own quality policy and have approved procedures that will put patients at risk. I do not recommend anyone to work at Medisca, it's just not worth it..
Cons
Poor management, zero advancement, stressful conditions
They really stabbed me
Door opener, greeter, seldom order creator (Former Employee) –  IrvingAugust 7, 2015
I did a fantastic job competing the very little duties they gave me here. I loved my job, got along with everyone and always attended. They hardly gave me 3 tasks a WEEK that lasted each 30 minutes or so to complete and fired me for using the computer on my spare time, although provided zero work when I asked for more and was left literally playing with my thumbs. They had given me a warning and I promised I would not do it again and we went on with our day. Then the next day a lady from canada, HR dept. & very rude and unGodly, fired me. Point blank. Even after I had a warning the day prior even after I gave my ALL to that job with as little work as there was, even after I treated everyone so kind and respectfully and was hoping to be there long term and even after sitting there and begging to keep my job I JUST GOT WARNED YESTERDAY AND PROMISED NOT TO DO IT AGAIN, I got SHUT DOWN. I am extremely upset with this ccompany as they do not believe in forgiveness and are all very unkind and treat you like you are nothing after making ONE mistake. oh yeah, they fired me a few weeks before I become a mother. You think that had something to do with it? Yes. I sent an email asking about my leave THE DAY I was warned about the computer and never heard anything back! Sneaky. Cruel. UnGodly. If you're a Godly person, you'll want to find another company to work for. Plus I was warned by several of the quality management and other people in the warehouse to watch my back with regular management. Well, at least I can say I was a hard worker, loyal to them, honest and gave the job my all.  more... 100% brightened that place up, I was told that I did on a daily basis by fellow employee's. This company is the one who is missing out, I have great work ethic so finding another job after my baby will not be an issue. However, them finding another lady like I to come to work and be SO HAPPY with my job, even though given little work, good luck Medisca, I hope you find someone as dedicated to improving all area's possible within the company. I got nothing in return for being so great to them, just FIRED. THANKS. & congrats to me on being a new mom.  less
Pros
Cold water was offered.
Cons
The management.
work day
Inventory Clerk/Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2015
inventory of product being realesed from production use of rf scanner to do bin movemnts around the warehouse use of high reach to relocate prouduct through out the warehouse
very unorganized
other (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Very unorganized company. Management is terrible here. They have a "pick who I like " attitude about employees as far as jobs go. The pay is terrible for the work that is done. Wearing a respirator for 7 hours a day and only being paid a 50 cent commission for that and you still go home knowing you've inhaled that product
Pros
Monday -Friday
Cons
short on pay, short on breaks, terrible management, no incentives
Extremely bad place to work
? (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 29, 2014
Management is the worst. They do not treat employee's well that do not kiss up to management. if long time employee and you get hurt don't expect to come back to anything at all you will loose everything you worked for including your vacation, sick time pay and what ever else you accomplished.
Pros
No pros at all
Very disorganized and unprofessional
management (Former Employee) –  Irving TexasNovember 28, 2014
They start out hiring you for a job for Medisca then switch you to their privately own lab called CED. They advertise it as a 3rd party independent lab but is owned and run by Medisca. HR benefits payroll IT and executive management is in Canada and is a nightmare to get any support. The lab is poorly constructed and designed. They have new equipment but give no support or people to get job done. High expectations with little or no planning to execute the plans. Executive staff in Canada micro manage everything down to the time spent on cell phones, amount of paper used and requires exempt employees to punch a time clock. Entire lab and office areas are under constant monitor by cameras. Feels like a jail more than a lab. The HR staff has little understanding of the US employment laws or Texas employment laws. Not a professional place to work.
Pros
endless supply of funds
Cons
see above
it was easy going job
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  661 route 3 plattsburgh ny 12901April 9, 2014
a typical day at work was getting priorities in labs and getting personel ther jobs for the day.
i learned many job functions warehouse receiving and fork lift oppreations.
the management was alright.
i loved all my coworkers and enjoyed working with all of them.
trying to understand manegment.
working with the employees.
Lab Technician
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh nySeptember 6, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company. Was full time hours people and the company were always very nice. Typical day consisted of completing work orders that were on that days to do list.
Pros
This company had alot of pros about it, .
Cons
Handling Chemicals