Mediscan Staffing Services Employee Reviews

Its a good way to get to familiarize with all type of employers out there.
Radiologic Technologist / CT Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2017
I like working with Mediscan because you get to go to alot of different facilities and you get to work with all type of machines. You also get to know alot of new people out in the same field as you are. The management in most places is for the most part really nice and understanding.I would say the hardest part of the job would be driving far if they ever send you somewhere far.
Pros
get to meet new people and new machines.
fun and productive
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Traveler) (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 5, 2017
great positive energy among co-workers. everyone is always willing to lend a hand to each other. the various disciplines in the facility co-coordinate with each other to keep everything running smoothly.
Bottom of the Barrel
Recruiter/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 3, 2017
Poor leadership, shady book keeping, poor clients list, extremely micro managed, expect you to take on additional responsibilities without paying you.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch
Cons
Everything Else
good first job
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 31, 2017
great place to get acute care experience, the staff is very nice and organized, the culture relaxed. keep an open schedule and you get lots of shifts.
company run by Professional and well educated competitive
RN National Recruiter/Educator (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 14, 2017
Developing new ways of recruiting and evaluation and professional advancement for candidates. Not provided necessary training rather let learn and try .
Pros
Nice Upper management
Cons
not supportive technical department
its good while your looking for better options
Diagnostic Medical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 29, 2017
If you need job now, its a good place to start, but they need to take care of their field staff and in house employee, There is a lot of turnover, someone is always leaving or just starting.
I really like Mediscan Staffing Services. I usually get what I want.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 11, 2017
Mediscan staff are very professional & dedicated. They work with employees very well to provide work according to employee preferences. & demands. I will continue to work through Mediscan & tell other Respiratory Care givers that they are a great company to work for.
Pros
I can work any day I choose. Pay is great. Staff is excellent.
Cons
work slows at slow time of year. I want to work at 1 hospital only sometimes.
Lack of integrity; Lack of professional ethics; untenable
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 9, 2017
Stay away from this employer if you value your professional license and reputation. When an employer treats their employees like I was treated, they skirt The Golden Rule, knowing there will likely be no repercussions. Telling the truth is not a fantasy reserved for 'others'. If you are going to tell your employees that you believe the individual with a reason to lie, instead of the employee, who has a professional requirement for truthfulness in the conduct of their employment, then you are telling the public that this is not a company that deserves business. And yes, the Labor Board can explain Reporting Time Pay. Owed, when an employee is dispatched to an assignment, but is turned away by the client, through no fault of the employee. Look it up Mediscan management.
Cons
Unethical
Good and supportive staff.Flexible hours,pay rate is medium.
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 8, 2017
Nurse recruiters are supportive and give adequate directions .Supportive staff members.Staff members has longevity.Support growth. Accommodating to area of expertise and location of work area.Appreciative of hard work.
Pros
Temporary assignments, flexible hours.
Cons
Sometimes assignment are too far, job is under contract basis, benefit are not the best
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 30, 2017
It is a company that provides professional staffing to the area hospitals. The assignments are short-term and temporary. My occupation involved, mostly, seasonal employment. I no longer work in the field.
Pros
a temp agency
Cons
a temp agency
The company is in it to make money off the nurses
nurse (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 17, 2017
I expect the company to make some money...but I found out they are getting half my salary. And they never told me about the 3 days paid sick leave until 7 months into my assignment. I agree with the other reviews about communication...it is lacking between recruiter and employees. Never any feedback on my performance during my 9 month employment, no recognition during Nurses week. Also my contract agreement states," The employee subject to her adequate performance shall be entitled to a bonus provided the employee works through the end of the term of this agreement." I called to find out about a bonus and was told it was included in my salary! I have worked with several registry's, and this is the worst by far. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Cons
poor communication, does not honor contract, my experience is they are in it for the money, little respect for the person.
great for traveling
Cardiology EKGs Tech (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 15, 2017
mediscan was a great staffing company I would recommend them to nurses, ultrasound technicians or ekg techs. mediscan has a great contacts at los angeles hospitals
Pros
great hours
Cons
not guarenteed a full time spot
The best
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  DelawareMay 11, 2017
I have worked as a contractor with several companies in the past ten years. Mediscan is easily the best. Everyone I've had contact with as been both professional and friendly,at times going over and above to accommodate me. My recruiter has made every step clear and easy, and negotiated an hourly rate that I feel comfortable with. When I was having difficulty on my assignment, she stepped in and advocated for me. THEY SENT ME FLOWERS as a thank you.

I feel appreciated and valued. And in case I'm not sure, my recruiter tells me so on a regular basis.

Good pay, a good assignment and friendly, professional interactions. I would recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Clear communication, professional interactions
Flexibility...
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 12, 2017
The facilities are contracted to an employee. the hours are extremely variable, based on geographic location, and usually have involved working at a combination of outpatient facilities, urgent care and hospital settings.
Pros
Flexibility of chosen assignment
Cons
not consistent hours
Staff is not well coordinated.
Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 30, 2017
Double-booking assignments was a repeated issue. Another, my assignments were always far from my home. I met another person, while working at a site, who was usually sent far from his residence. So, I learned that this is a common issue. The staff sends you far, even if they have assignments locally.
Great place to work always had a job lined up for me
Ultrasound Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 22, 2017
I worked for about a year and a half at a clinic in El Monte through the registry. When they no longer needed an extra tech I went back to Mediscan to get back to work right away and although it was a bit slow at first, any job opportunity they had they would always call me. Hardest part of the job is waiting for them to find work for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work in the field I studied so hard for and being able to be the one they call when they need someone to cover a shift. Every workplace is different but I am able to adapt easily.
Registry staffing service
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 10, 2016
Typical day at work would depend on the facility sent to. Learned how to adapt quickly and deal with changing situations. Rarely work with coworkers in the same company. Hardest part of the job is not knowing where you will be going. Enjoyable part is meeting new people often.
Extremely Professional and Courteous
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 20, 2016
I have always loved working for Mediscan! They have always been great to me. I have never really had to travel much for work, I have been blessed with hospitals requesting my return to their hospital.
I like working with people and Mediscan provides a wide range of cultural experience.
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  21050 Califa St. Woodland Hills, CA. 91367August 2, 2016
So far I love traveling to the different sites and meeting new people.
The protocols vary from measuring insignificant things to not over measuring or measuring normal structures. I also learn about the different software.
Pros
Every day is a totally new experience.
Cons
Sometimes is hard to get acclimated with the new equipment.
Great
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 3, 2016
Mediscan is a great company to work for. It offers it's employees competitive pay packages, excellent opportunities, and great benefits. My recruiter was friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable. Mediscan treats it's employees very well. I would highly recommend Mediscan to any therapist who is looking to work in great school based settings around the country.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mediscan Staffing Services. Our community is ready to answer.