The CMIO will play a key IT leadership role within the MediSys organization. Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer, the CMIO will represent the physician community, advocating the use of Information Technology within the clinical setting.
1. Work with Executive management on strategies that leverage the power of EMR systems to advance patient care and predict and improve outcomes.
2. Promote and advance the use of informatics and analytic capabilities across the entire MediSys organization.
3. Leads the design of clinical pathway models with physician, nursing and administrative leadership in developing new tools to manage patient populations, develop quality of care measurements and improvement within the electronic health care environment.
4. Leads the organization in meeting federal and state program requirements for electronic health record incentive and payment programs.
5. Leads and/or facilitates clinician advisory groups in the design of clinical systems to support excellence in patient care, education and research.
6. Acts as a liaison to clinical staff in the identification of information solutions to meet customer needs and educates clinicians on the user of clinical systems.
Required Education and Experience
1. Physician IT executive with at least 5 years of experience in leadership positions, ideally managing enterprise-level clinical information systems. Experience and expertise in healthcare informatics and analytics.
2. A strong manager who is approachable, adaptable and has strong collaborative management style, a creative thinker with high energy and enthusiasm, and a team player who promotes the concepts of people in consensus versus individual performance.
3. Results-oriented individual with a sense of urgency to effect meaningful change in a complex organization.
4. Team-player with collaborative and collegial skills and a strong customer service orientation.
5. Thorough understanding of various business intelligence tools, turning EMR data into information that advances better decision-making.
6. Experience and expertise in healthcare informatics and analytics.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
1. MD with at least 5 years of experience in leadership positions, managing enterprise-level clinical information systems.
2. Outstanding leadership abilities and a demonstrated track record of success implementing an electronic medical record in a completed healthcare environment.
3. Degree or fellowship training in medical informatics desired.
4. Previous EPIC experience is highly desired.