Meditech Employee Reviews

Poor management, salary, and lack of advancement
Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MADecember 3, 2017
Meditech is great for a new college graduate, but due to the lack of advancement, salary, and atmosphere I would not recommend them to a friend.

My time here did allow me to further hone my sales skills.
My work experience at Meditech
Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Natick, MANovember 16, 2017
I would not recommend working at Meditech.
Though the training was good, and it gave me a starting point for Healthcare IT, the job is stressful, and the pay is far below average.
Pros
Good start to my Healthcare IT career
Cons
Lousy pay
Large, stable company with excellent balance
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 2, 2017
Work environment is team oriented and very encouraging. You build strong relationships with your colleagues and customers. Its a very fast paced working environment where you are often switching gears between your various roles and responsibilities.
Work from home selling DME
SALES, CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Pinellas County, FLNovember 1, 2017
Can pretty much make your own hours. Work from home with your home computer calling and taking calls from people wanting to get back and knee braces etc. using insurance.
Pros
easy schedule
Cons
no job security
Large, stable company with excellent balance.
Developer (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAOctober 10, 2017
Company culture at this company is, overall, very good for the individual. Work/life balance is excellent, with overtime work very seldom needed for anyone other than the service teams. It is a low-pressure environment, where time management is handled very well. The only downside is that the company, as an entity, is very slow to adopt new technologies or new processes. Has never had a layoff in their almost 50 years, and is very difficult to get fired from. Compensation is very low compared to the average in the area.
Good worklife balance, Difficult work balance
Clinical Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MASeptember 8, 2017
Each group at Meditech is like it's own separate functioning entity. No two groups are the same, and if you get placed in a group that doesn't match your personality/learning style/work ethic, then expect to have a difficult time. The benefits are great and is probably one of the main reasons people stay with the company. The open concept work environment is not for everyone, so consider this when applying. The hardest part of the job, if you don't know the behind the scenes software functionality, is understanding your every day job duties.
Benefits
Cons
Company culture
Receptionist
Switch Operator/Recptionist (Current Employee) –  Canton, MASeptember 6, 2017
Answer a multi-line switchboard in order to help direct calls from customers looking to troubleshoot errors at their hospital. Greet customers/guests/employees including VP's
Great Place to work until...
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAAugust 18, 2017
Executive leadership bears no responsibility and ALWAYS identifies a scapegoat for their losses and shortcomings.

They expect loyalty and do not reciprocate. The revenues continue to drop, stock values drop and the blame goes to the lower level employees.

good place to start. DO NOT get stuck there. They do not care
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Do not stay there long
My first full-time office experience
Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 14, 2017
I've been at my current job for about three and a half years now and have learned a lot in that time about what I do and don't want for my career moving forward. I arrive at 8am and leave around 4:30 in the afternoon. The commute to and from work is about an hour both ways, through the throes of rush hour traffic. This definitely is a negative aspect of my routine. I enjoy my peers, although as in any setting, everyone has a unique personality that can take some getting used to. My current job does not have a good retention rate, which makes meeting new staff a rather common occurrence. However, this hasn't stopped me from building solid relationships with many of my past and current co-workers. The staff are definitely one of the reasons I do this work. The hardest part of my job is keeping customers happy since much of the work we do is time sensitive in nature. But at the same time, it feels really good to get these issues accomplished. The management structure is very sound, which is nice in the sense that there is a clear hierarchy in place, although the opportunity for advancement does not come along often and the competition is always strong.
Pros
flexible scheduling (with ability to work from home), accrue both PTO and sick time at strong monthly rates, annual golf tournament and fantasy football league
Cons
no 401k, paid monthly, strictly desk work
Excellent Software
EHR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJune 30, 2017
The company was very invested in employees and this investment paid off in the employees' commitment to the customers. For a large organization, they still had time for personal contact.
Meditech
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 29, 2017
It's a good company w/ very good benefits, but pays much less than the industry standards. Promotions are not consistent across the board and most management are promoted without any "management training." There is no conformity with management and rules are implemented by each individuals interpretation. Work/Life balance can be decent, depending on job title and responsibilities. Business Travel Expenses and Reimbursement is not handled well, and reimbursement can take up to 4 weeks. Good customer base, as far as long term customers go. Products are distributed prior to being fully tested and ready for deployment, resulting in RE-active work as opposed of PRO-active work. Flexible hours and remote/telecomm available depending on experience, job duties and division requirements.
Good starting point
Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAMay 22, 2017
This is a good environment for honing interpersonal skills, but you may tire of it quickly. Acquire as many skills here as possible and keep moving onward.
It is great to be working for an innovative leader who still provides an intuitive product
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAMay 3, 2017
My typical day at Meditech includes reaching out to a wide variety of C-levels, managers and end-users in prospecting new accounts as well as daily efforts in reaching out to my customer base. My objective is to build strong relationships before a search for a new HCIS begins. While I build relationships, I probe to find some of the pain my prospects face with their current system and build momentum toward bringing in a better system. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can build the trust of my prospect to agree to attend specifically tailored product demos and progress the sales cycle before the site considers putting the business out to bid.
The hardest part of the job is what I can not control. Meditech's upper management is slowly promoting managers with a more current marketing strategy as we are progressing towards starting to spend appropriate funds towards a harder hitting, wider range marketing plan.
Pros
Leading industry innovations, Employee healthcare benefits
Cons
Lack of wide ranging effective marketing, Inflexible in new business opportunities
Decent
Braces Consultant/Saleman (Former Employee) –  Las VegasApril 30, 2017
They are out of business now but it was generally good. The leads got worse over time but the manager was a good guy and the job paid well. Must be good with people
fun place to work, learned a lot, comprehensive training program
MIS APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 25, 2017
Meditech was a fun place to work and they treated their employees like family. I really enjoyed the Christmas party and July bar-b-que which was opened to family. A bonus was given out every February and that was always the highlight of working at Meditech.
Pros
Company parties and yearly bonus
Cons
Tough management - everything you did was entered on computers
Meditech
Senior Promotional Writer (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 19, 2017
MEDITECH offers very fair compensation and excellent benefits. The work/life balance is extraordinary. Management does everything possible to accommodate working mothers and fathers. I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a MEDITECH employee.
Benefits
Cons
Good entry level job for a programmer
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAApril 12, 2017
So, facilities at the Canton office were gorgeous, and my initial sense coming in the door was that the company had the pleasant sort of feel you might expect from a big software company e.g. cafeteria, orientation training and so forth.

However, the general consensus seemed to be that while this company hires on a large scale, many if not most of the new hires are subsequently cut loose within the initial 90 day window, with little or no justification, ostensibly to keep costs down (e.g. a smaller group of regulars supported by a "revolving door" cast of new hires).

This consensus was born out in my own personal experience, but I'm sure it is a nice place to work for those who make it past the initial "shark tank" gauntlet.
Pros
Nice facilities
Cons
Toxic atmosphere for many new hires
Challenging
IMPLEMENTATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAMarch 11, 2017
Lots of travel. Wonderful coworkers and environment. Lots of room for learning, growth and advancement. General willingness to help each other out and supportive coworkers.
Medical Software
SUPERVISOR APPLICATIONS CONSULTANTS (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAFebruary 26, 2017
Meditech was my first position after college and I loved it. I supported medical software and gained a lot of experience. Great culture and company. Highly recommend for someone right out of college.
A job where you can have an impact.
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAFebruary 20, 2017
I love working at MEDITECH. As an non-travelling support analyst, I have a typical 9-5:30 day, plus extra to accomplish projects or deal with critical customer issues. There are a lot of conference calls with other groups in the company, as well as with customers. My management chain has always been approachable, but I have been at the company for a long time. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the results of your labor.
Pros
Very family oriented, good vacation time.
Cons
Salary