Meditech

Meditech Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Westwood, MAOctober 9, 2014
MEDITECH develops cutting-edge software for Health Care Organizations worldwide
A family oriented, stable company.
Specialist group (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2014
MEDITECH always has clients' and employees' best interest in mind. Ample opportunity for growth once you have proven yourself. Salary isn't the most competitive but has a generous and consistent bonus program. A stable, family oriented company.
Fun work place. Little to no hope of advancement
Marketing Support Rep (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 14, 2014
Cons: bad wages, poor raises, no advancement
Fun work place. Little to no hope of advancement, low salary, low raises.
Good company to start at right out of college. Young employees.
PAPD Application Specialist (Current Employee), Westwood, MAJuly 10, 2014
Good company to start at right out of college. Young employees.
MEDITECH C/S NMI Programmer (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJune 19, 2014
• Responsible for designing, developing, customizing and maintaining Interfaces for most of MEDITECH’s Applications,
• Maintain Interfaces for 90 healthcare sites throughout the US, Canada and UK
• Work on a daily basis with MEDITECH Clinical module such as OE,RAD,PHA,LAB, ADM,MIS,EDI
• Enhancing software products and custom development projects based – more... on the MEDITECH Magic and Client/Server platforms.
• Documenting and developing of technical spec from functional requirements to guide programming activities
• Debug code, fix bugs and ensure database programs work properly
• Troubleshoot, test and prevent downtime through regular diagnostics, data backup and consistency checks.
• Experience with interfacing MEDITECH application code with relational database
• Provide training, support and mentored to new programmers – less
Working in a fast paced Environment
Application Specialist (Current Employee), Westwood, MAMay 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits, nice work environment
Cons: very demanding as a job
A typical day at work usually involves signing in and immediately looking if there are there are other tasks or requests opened by the hospital, make sure that any urgent tasks are taken care of, then the whole day is spend taking care of tasks, testing and solving problems that hospitals have encountered with the product. 2-4 hours of your day are – more... spend in preparing for presentations for seminars, other work training for other applications, or other meetings that will provide more knowledge about the products that I support. The work environment is very fast paced and very demanding.There isn't any moment where one can say " I have nothing left to do". It is a very demanding job, and since you always have work to do, one never feels satisfied. I enjoy that time passes by very quickly, but I also find the job very tiresome at times. The work environment, and co-workers are a nice part of this job, because everyone helps each other. – less
Stable job with college degree
Application Specialist (Current Employee), Westwood, MAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: job security, travel
Cons: boring, hard to advance
Meditech is a great opportunity to get professional experience and travel across the country without much required skills. It takes a few years to get promoted and promotions only come from within the company. There is a high turnaround, but the position is not very difficult and the company has an overall flexible atmosphere.
Conservative Company with No Layoffs!
Supervisor Development (Current Employee), Framingham, MAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: insular, pay is not competitive
They are a great place if you are looking for a company you can work at until retirement.
Applications Specialist
Supervisor, 6x Implementation, (Former Employee), Westwood, MAMarch 12, 2014
Already entered a review on this employer under Supervisor title
A good stepping stone
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee), Westwood, MAFebruary 17, 2014
Most people out of college come to work here because they flash money in your face and most of the time, you take the bait. It is a good stepping stone for learning the ropes in the healthcare world but if you spend more than 2 years here you will be here forever.
Dream Job
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee), Canton, MAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: free coffee and soft drinks at corp office!!
Cons: demanding travel schedule
At this time time of my career this was my dream job that utilized my healthcare management experience and natural sales ability. Huge international company that was based and founded in MA. I was hired as a sales consultant for the state of KS. My daily routine was working from the corporate headquarters as part of a sales team and each team member – more... had a territory or state within the region. I would make my calls to set up appointments and then coordinate my travel on an e/o week basis which had me traveling 8-10 days a month. At this point in my life with a young family and small child that was chronically sick it put a significant strain on my home life. This is a company that rewards employees for their longevity and time of service. The sales cycle was 1-2years. I had managed to sign on accounts within 2 years and was just at the point of jumping to the next sales level when my son became ill so I had to make the decision that family vs career was more important and found something local to our home. This is a job that I loved and was great at but it just didn't mesh with my family life. I could probably swing this job now though as my son is healthy as a horse and I'm at a different stage of my life both personally and professionally. Great company that fully supported the success of their employees and it was a true team atmosphere and culture. – less
Good Start
Applications Specialist (Lab/Micro/BBK) (Former Employee), Framingham, MANovember 26, 2013
Good start to the industry, don't pay their employees enough to begin but you gain a lot of knowledge.
A great job with terrible pay
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Westwood, MAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: cheap lunch and sodas. cheap health insurance. overall low stress job.
Cons: embarrassing pay.
Working at Meditech is a overall great experience. You get 5 cent sodas and subsidized lunch's. The company really tries to do what it can with their employees. Job security is as close to guaranteed as you can get with a private company.

The good part is it's hard to get canned. The bad part is a lot of people there should be canned. You will get – more... stuck working with co workers that should of been fired years ago creating a frustrating experience.

The company is very conservative with there money. As a result you can't expect big raises. They will tell you raises are small this year while purchasing 2 new buildings with cash. If you get stuck in the Westwood buildings you can expect a very long commute as you will not be able to afford living in that area.

The good part of working at Meditech is management. They will let you work at home when you have no way of getting to work. You can use sick time (which you get a surprising 2 weeks a year of) to visit the doctor. You can leave work if you need to pay bills, pick up your kids, etc. You can also work out shifts where you need to leave by 4 by coming in a few hours early.

The only real downside is the pay. You will watch great employees leave for better paying jobs, the experience here can get a good paying job elsewhere. – less
A depressing company to work for
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), MassachussettsAugust 13, 2013
Pros: some buildings are pretty to look at.
Cons: if you don't plan to work here until you die, you are wasting your time.
The culture at this company is awful - they refuse to pay their employees even at the industry average. The leadership acknowledges that the pay is too low, but they would rather that you just leave if you have problems with it.

Your first few weeks as a programmer will involve sitting around waiting for training classes, because they use a proprietary – more... language. The training classes are perfunctory and do not explain how different programming modules work or interact with each other.

If your co-workers are friendly they will help you with many tasks, but do not count on your supervisor getting involved, or your specialists to know anything about how programming works.

The bottom line is that their turnover is very high because of the lack of attention to new hires and low pay, so instead of addressing this, they have instructed supervisors to pay as little attention to them as possible, instead focusing on people that have been there the longest. (This is actually said in supervisor training documents.) – less
Great place to work, awesome people
Software Support Technician (Current Employee), Norwood, MAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: cheap lunch, benefits, staff, job security
Cons: short lunch, low salary
MEDITECH is a great place to work. The best part about it the people you work with really do become your friends. I have met just as many close friends here as I did in college and high school

The work environment is very open and people are always willing to help. There are some staff that are a few difficult people but that comes with any job.

The – more... most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to see the money that I am making the company and am able to help those that work in my application solve problems. – less
free soda and good benefits
Senior Application Specialist (Current Employee), Westwood, MAMay 22, 2013
Pros: free soda
Cons: not paid enough
requires troubleshooting, customer service and organizational skills. this is a good place to work, they just do not pay you enough
Review of Meditech
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Framingham, MAMay 8, 2013
Meditech is a great company to get your foot in the door for Health Information Technology. Perfect Entry Level position.
Great benefits, time for a change
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Canton, MAApril 8, 2013
Pros: great health/dental benefits and yearly bonus
Cons: no where in my department to advance to
I am responsible for day to day processing paperwork for leave of Absence, part time schedule requests, educational assistance, life insurance, maternity leave etc. Once a month I present the benefits portion of new hire orientation. I research projects for perspective benefits for the company. Processes health insurance enrollment and assist with open – more... enrollment. Prepare quarterly reports regarding company statistics. Process company fringe reports to keep monthly vacation and sick balances up to date. I would enjoy more of an opportunity to promote health and wellness to employees. The company does not embrace health and wellness programs and has not changed benefits in a long time. I want to help people more and less data entry. – less
Good Money/ Bad Culture
Software Development Specialist (Current Employee), Westwood, MAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: very flexible schedules. good reimbursement, great benefits
Cons: mediocre management, short company vision, they think they are the last coca cola in the desert.
For a Company that must teach all it's employees everything and with a very steep learning curve, they are terrible at Teaching and composing lesson plans, mentoring is mediocre at best.

Do not express a contrary opinion than the mainstream or they will show you the door.

Management is stale, and mediocre in their leadership, the overall feeling coming – more... to work is: Seriousness, no talking, no jokes, no politeness, work your but off for me and I will keep you around. – less
No day is similar. You are always kept on your toes
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Westwood, MANovember 28, 2012
Pros: 9-530 job, all travel points via airfare and credit cards are kept in your name, and a young co worker base
Cons: short breaks, low base salary not matter of experience
I have learned a lot while working here. You are required to start up and really just dive right in and teach your self how the software works. It teaches you the importance of preparation. It always gives you great experience to be out on the road while preparing for your presentation the next day.

About Meditech

Medical Information Technology knows what to prescribe for the operational disorders of health care information systems. The company, – Read more