Meditech Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 11, 2015
This company provides excellent benefits and stability but the salary levels are low and become capped at a certain point
productive and fun work place
supervisor (Current Employee) –  MAOctober 13, 2015
fun work place and great management support team. I love that you can transfer into other groups or continue to grow and advance within your own group.
Good first job
Senior Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  canton maOctober 6, 2015
Meditech provides a good first job, with excellent job security. Meditech however has fallen behind the other medical software providers.
Pros
Good work/life balance, good health insurance
Cons
Pay is not great
typical day
Business and Clinical Analyst (Current Employee) –  westwood maSeptember 25, 2015
In my typical day I interact with management to help desing new templates for our BCA product and I travel a lot to hospitals all over the US to help train sites on the use of this product
Dont work here
Clinical Applications Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 26, 2015
Underpaid and overworked. There is no ability to advance your career as there are limited management positions. Raises are annually and vary from $0-4000. Very good bonus plan for those who stay more then 10 years.
Use it for 2 years professional experience and then get out.
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  WestwoodAugust 16, 2015
This is a great place if you have family and want to spend more time with them, or if you have ZERO ambition in life. Meditech only promotes from within, which means you have people with no management skills as leaders; they just outlasted everyone who quit around them, and still adhere to the same outdated policies. The pay is way below the industry standard, and they have no plans to make it better. They will lose tenured, talented staff who have been in the company for years, because they won't give a modest $6,000 raise that even with it, would keep the person's salary under the industry standard. The company uses the same methods and policies from 30 years ago. After 2 years of working there, you will reach a plateau in your career and your job growth will come to a halt. You might become a supervisor after 2 years that has no autonomy or decision making power, after 10 you might become a manager, and 20 a director.

Get what you can out of the company and then move on after a year to two. Anything beyond that is going to work against you and be a waste of your time, and you will miss out on opportunities that really could develop your career. I don't know why any programmer would spend more than a year at the company. If you have any skills that can be applied to other industries, RUN!

The company is also a sinking ship at the moment and doing horribly compared to its competitors. I'm willing to venture a guess that it's because Meditech has no interest in retaining talent.
Pros
Health Insurance is great, reduced lunches
Cons
No Human Resources, Middle Management is absolutely clueless on how to be effective leaders or motivate staff, zero imagination or innovation
Great place to start your career but really a stepping stone
Clinical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAAugust 6, 2015
Meditech is a great place to work but they will not pay you for what you are worth. They believe in affordable healthcare but this should be to only a certain extent. Payroll is one of your biggest expenses so there is no way around it. This place is very flexible with hours and also working from home. Management is great for me but I have seen terrible management as well. Overall a young workforce but most of the time people stay for a year or two and then move on.
Software Specialist
Software Specialist (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 21, 2015
Great company to work for, good management team , strong work ethic. Beautiful buildings and offices. Not a lot of room to move up in the company.
Adequate entry level position
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJuly 3, 2015
My team was very creative, leadership was relatively hands-off. "You're treated like an adult until you prove you can't be," was the mantra. Meddlesome upper management could be a pain at times, but organizational changes made that go away. The culture can be a bit inbred, and you can either bend to the Meditech way or get out.
Pros
Discounted lunch, make your own hours
Cons
Low pay relative to the industry.
Productive and fun work place
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Charles CountyJune 3, 2015
Wonderful Staff and an Ideal place to work. A family community environment Productive workplace. Definitely an ideal place to work and become apart of a great team.
Secure job, good benefits, weak management, bad pay
Specialist (Current Employee) –  WestwoodMay 5, 2015
The health benefits are great and the job is pretty secure once you land it. The day to day work is pretty reliable depending on which division you are in - service can have more demanding hours, development is pretty flexible, implementation you travel so its all over the place.

Turn over is high so management is pretty weak and inconsistent. Pay is low for the work that is expected. Normally folks start out here, leave after a few years for a job where they make $20k more a year doing almost the same job.
Pros
benefits, hours
Cons
pay
Not bad starting place
Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2015
This is definitely a decent place to work straight out of school in order to get your feet wet in the corporate industry. Many people have built careers here, but most of the younger people find that it's better to get a few years of experience and leave to find something else.
Great opportunities for growth
PROGRAMMER/ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 3, 2015
Meditech is an excellent company to work for. There are many opportunities for growth. Each day offers something new to learn.
Pros
Christmas feast
Cons
Long commute
Productive, Focused Working Environment
Applications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAMarch 3, 2015
MEDITECH offers its employees excellent benefits and compensation in a beautiful working environment. MEDITECH employees are focused and productive, as job advancement is often available for top performers.
Productive and fun place to work
Clinical Client Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 13, 2015
Great place to work. Management is great and the work-life balance is superb. Facilities are gorgeous and well maintained and subsidized housing is made available for the employees as well as dry cleaning service.
You'll end up doing the job of 3-6 people. Great co-workers but hot-bed for gossips
Applications Specialist, Advance Clinical (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAFebruary 5, 2015
For the first 2 weeks everything appears to be good. Then you notice that people are quitting left and right. Months after you finally realize why... If you have other job opportunities, choose the other.
Pros
discounted lunch with badge
Cons
some departments are terribly overworked. gossip culture
A strong foundation
Interoperability Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAFebruary 3, 2015
MEDITECH has been a great introduction into the world of EHR and Medical Software. A typical work day includes supporting the various implementations and upkeep of any number of NMI (Non-Meditech Integration) interfaces on the 5.x Client Services Division for 60 hospitals. These hospitals utilize one or both of the MAGIC and CS platforms. NMI Interfaces are the connections which enable MEDITECH to communicate with third party vendors and exchange patient and clinical information between the two systems via HL7 messages.

Basic responsibilities include working with our customers and sales team to deliver the correct interfaces for desired projects, completing internal setup for the numerous supported interfaces, holding conference calls to discusss implementations, and troubleshooting HL7 messages and a full range of associated issues in TEST and LIVE environments. I also support updating these interfaces to new releases and customizing the interfaces to meet specific needs of our customers.

Our interfaces touch numerous applications within MEDITECH, such as Radiology/ITS (Imaging & Therapeutic Services), Pharmacy, Admissions, Departmental/Order Entry, Laboratory, Microbiology, Pathology, Blood Bank, MRI (Medical Records), Nursing, and more. My current position has many moving parts and in order to effectively manage my workload, my prioritization, research, and trouble shooting skills are advanced.

I owe a lot of my knowledge to my co-workers. Although each specialist has their own customers to support, we constantly lend a hand and support each other in any way possible.
  more... It's a great feeling to be part of a team that really looks out for each other.

I have found the most difficult part about this job to be the workload. With numerous interfaces in various applications, you will not have a day go bye where you do not learn something new.
On one hand, I truly enjoy that. There is no such thing as a boring day. The time flies bye and I constantly find myself feeling like there just aren't enough minutes in the day. That being said, although I find the work I do interesting and enjoyable, I aim to find myself in a position where I can meet and exceed my personal goals and continue to advance professionally.
Pros
experience, benefits, coworkers
Cons
inundated workload, few opportunities for advancement
Meditech
Travel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 2, 2015
Great Benefits, great PTO and sick time. Relaxed office. Good management. All in all a good place to work if you are out of college. It's stepping stone company.
Great people
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Worked with great people. The company definitely does what it can to improve it's product for its clients. The advancement opportunities are slim to none. Opportunities for advancement only seem to come when someone higher-up leaves the company.
Great Place To Start Career
Financial Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 26, 2015
MEDITECH is a great place to start a career. You have the ability to establish professional relationships and build your network. There isn't much room for internal growth unless you are willing to stay for a long period of time (5-10 years). It is a great place to gain experience and look outside the company.
Pros
great coworkers, good work environment, annual bonus.
Cons
poor management, rapid turnover.