Meditech Employee Reviews

Great environment, terrible pay
Software Development (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Worked in Atlanta. The environment is great. I loved the people I worked with. The health benefits and PTO benefits were great.
The pay is well below industry standard.
I feel like job security is very high, but there is very little room for advancement. There are just not many management positions, and tenure is a huge factor.
They offer flexible work hours and are very understanding of family needs. Overall stress level at the job is pretty low.
"Soul Sucking"
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 12, 2017
This is a below average salary for the industry. Only recommended for entry level and needing to boost resume. Management does not support you and leaves you plenty of extra work to make them look better and take credit for it. Customers will degrade and disrespect you, management allows and almost encourages it. Meditech can not keep the talented tenured employees because they treat everyone as replaceable. The individual application groups suffer greatly because of the lack of tenured people and management support. If you are lucky to get into a group that is low key, then you can watch YouTube all day while other groups (making the same lousy salary) get their soul sucked from this place. It literally becomes an unhealthy environment to work in. Bottom line: the immense stress is not worth the subpar pay and disrespect.
Benefits
Cons
Basically everything. Do not work here !!!!
Great Travel Opportunity/Entry Level, Little Advancement, Little Compensation
Clinical Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 30, 2016
Amazing Opportunities to travel and see the country.

Good Work Culture.

Unfortunately not many opportunities for advancement

Very low compensation compared to the industry. Great benefits, but not unheard of in the industry.

Slow product enhancement
Below average salary, but good work life balance
Senior Promotional Writer (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 10, 2017
Not a bad place to start your career. Co-workers and management team are fine. Not a lot of room for career advancement, although they only promote from within.
Pros
The people
Cons
Salary
Good Place to Start
Marketing Consultant - Sales (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJuly 2, 2016
MEDITECH can be a great place to start a career. If you are looking for an entry level position, they will hire you. Be prepared not to earn much though. If you are in Sales and have a decent territory then you can make a decent amount.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Salary
Slow to act with insufficient resources in place
Ambulatory Clinical Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAApril 5, 2016
A typical day in the office involves troubleshooting tasks submitted by customers or doing dictionary build work for our customers. A lot of the work is monotonous, tedious, and repetitious. Management is out of touch and keeps telling itself and its employees that things will get better without providing a real reason why. Lots of groups are overworked and have not been provided enough resources to succeed and there is currently no plan in place to address that issue. Management is too insecure to do any introspection.
Pros
Great health benefits. Company pays 90%.
Cons
Monotonous work, overworked with insufficient resources, stagnant pay, top heavy, out of touch executives
Balanced worklife, but low pay
Senior Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAMay 5, 2016
Management: 2/10
Everything else is ok, you also have the annual Meditech picnic but that is about it. A typical day at work is usually busy, working on own.
Pros
Free Soda, Time Flexibility
Cons
An old medical software company that takes advantage of hard working employees
Application Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2016
I started at Meditech in Atlanta while it was still considered Patient Care Technologies. After three months on the job I had learned enough of the proprietary software and language that I was the technical representative for the companies top clients. Typical work week was around 60 hours and once a month I would typically work at least a 24 hour shift while updating the enterprise system. I enjoyed working with my co-workers however the demanding schedule, lack of industry standard wages, and vulgar CEO. I would not recommend anyone take a position with this company.
A great place to work, learn and advance in a professional atmosphere.
Administrative Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 21, 2016
I was in a highly demanding position, responsible to meet a monthly sales quota, obtained from new accounts acquisition and the retention of existing ones. However demanding, it was a welcome challenge and a highly professional setting and culture.
Pros
Field work
Cons
Highly demanding at every level
Dont work here
Clinical Applications Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 26, 2015
Underpaid and overworked. There is no ability to advance your career as there are limited management positions. Raises are annually and vary from $0-4000. Very good bonus plan for those who stay more then 10 years.
Secure job, good benefits, weak management, bad pay
Specialist (Current Employee) –  WestwoodMay 5, 2015
The health benefits are great and the job is pretty secure once you land it. The day to day work is pretty reliable depending on which division you are in - service can have more demanding hours, development is pretty flexible, implementation you travel so its all over the place.

Turn over is high so management is pretty weak and inconsistent. Pay is low for the work that is expected. Normally folks start out here, leave after a few years for a job where they make $20k more a year doing almost the same job.
Pros
benefits, hours
Cons
pay
Good Money/ Bad Culture
Software Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 16, 2013
For a Company that must teach all it's employees everything and with a very steep learning curve, they are terrible at Teaching and composing lesson plans, mentoring is mediocre at best.

Do not express a contrary opinion than the mainstream or they will show you the door.

Management is stale, and mediocre in their leadership, the overall feeling coming to work is: Seriousness, no talking, no jokes, no politeness, work your but off for me and I will keep you around.
Pros
very flexible schedules. good reimbursement, great benefits
Cons
mediocre management, short company vision, they think they are the last coca cola in the desert.
Great place to work, awesome people
Software Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 12, 2013
MEDITECH is a great place to work. The best part about it the people you work with really do become your friends. I have met just as many close friends here as I did in college and high school

The work environment is very open and people are always willing to help. There are some staff that are a few difficult people but that comes with any job.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to see the money that I am making the company and am able to help those that work in my application solve problems.
Pros
cheap lunch, benefits, staff, job security
Cons
short lunch, low salary
Adequate entry level position
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJuly 3, 2015
My team was very creative, leadership was relatively hands-off. "You're treated like an adult until you prove you can't be," was the mantra. Meddlesome upper management could be a pain at times, but organizational changes made that go away. The culture can be a bit inbred, and you can either bend to the Meditech way or get out.
Pros
Discounted lunch, make your own hours
Cons
Low pay relative to the industry.
Great company so don't let low wages scare you!
Software Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MANovember 27, 2012
Meditech had a great culture and several benefits beside the norm such as several company parties, a turkey or ham on Thanksgiving, and internal sports leagues. It is an open environment with low cubicles dividers so one can see the whole floor of coworkers (and everyone's computer screens!). There was a cafe in the building that was subsidized so not bringing your lunch was a viable option. The downfall was minimal career advancement and low wages. I started as a software support technician. The advancement is then to programmer, senior programmer, and that was it. Some senior programmers stayed and some went into management, but their roles were still the same with no pay increase for promotions from several employees I befriended while employed. I quit because it seemed like a dead end career where so many talented people were just wasting their talents away with their head in a keyboard (but in hindsight I was wrong). I chose to make a career path which ended up being a poor decision. I'd go back in a heart beat if their policy wasn't to never hiring anyone back. Getting a raise each year would have taken a lot longer to reach my goal compensation, but job security was great - hardly anyone ever got fired - and the culture, benefits, and perks were unparalleled for such a small company. My advice - if you can get in, STAY.
Pros
open environemnt, perks/benefits, internal cafe
Cons
career advancement and wages
Good first job
Senior Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  canton maOctober 6, 2015
Meditech provides a good first job, with excellent job security. Meditech however has fallen behind the other medical software providers.
Pros
Good work/life balance, good health insurance
Cons
Pay is not great
A great job with terrible pay
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAAugust 25, 2013
Working at Meditech is a overall great experience. You get 5 cent sodas and subsidized lunch's. The company really tries to do what it can with their employees. Job security is as close to guaranteed as you can get with a private company.

The good part is it's hard to get canned. The bad part is a lot of people there should be canned. You will get stuck working with co workers that should of been fired years ago creating a frustrating experience.

The company is very conservative with there money. As a result you can't expect big raises. They will tell you raises are small this year while purchasing 2 new buildings with cash. If you get stuck in the Westwood buildings you can expect a very long commute as you will not be able to afford living in that area.

The good part of working at Meditech is management. They will let you work at home when you have no way of getting to work. You can use sick time (which you get a surprising 2 weeks a year of) to visit the doctor. You can leave work if you need to pay bills, pick up your kids, etc. You can also work out shifts where you need to leave by 4 by coming in a few hours early.

The only real downside is the pay. You will watch great employees leave for better paying jobs, the experience here can get a good paying job elsewhere.
Pros
Cheap lunch and sodas. Cheap health insurance. Overall low stress job.
Cons
Embarrassing pay.
Use it for 2 years professional experience and then get out.
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  WestwoodAugust 16, 2015
This is a great place if you have family and want to spend more time with them, or if you have ZERO ambition in life. Meditech only promotes from within, which means you have people with no management skills as leaders; they just outlasted everyone who quit around them, and still adhere to the same outdated policies. The pay is way below the industry standard, and they have no plans to make it better. They will lose tenured, talented staff who have been in the company for years, because they won't give a modest $6,000 raise that even with it, would keep the person's salary under the industry standard. The company uses the same methods and policies from 30 years ago. After 2 years of working there, you will reach a plateau in your career and your job growth will come to a halt. You might become a supervisor after 2 years that has no autonomy or decision making power, after 10 you might become a manager, and 20 a director.

Get what you can out of the company and then move on after a year to two. Anything beyond that is going to work against you and be a waste of your time, and you will miss out on opportunities that really could develop your career. I don't know why any programmer would spend more than a year at the company. If you have any skills that can be applied to other industries, RUN!

The company is also a sinking ship at the moment and doing horribly compared to its competitors. I'm willing to venture a guess that it's because Meditech has no interest in retaining talent.
Pros
Health Insurance is great, reduced lunches
Cons
No Human Resources, Middle Management is absolutely clueless on how to be effective leaders or motivate staff, zero imagination or innovation
Great Place To Start Career
Financial Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 26, 2015
MEDITECH is a great place to start a career. You have the ability to establish professional relationships and build your network. There isn't much room for internal growth unless you are willing to stay for a long period of time (5-10 years). It is a great place to gain experience and look outside the company.
Pros
Great coworkers, good work environment, annual bonus.
Cons
Poor management, rapid turnover.
Dream Job
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 7, 2014
At this time time of my career this was my dream job that utilized my healthcare management experience and natural sales ability. Huge international company that was based and founded in MA. I was hired as a sales consultant for the state of KS. My daily routine was working from the corporate headquarters as part of a sales team and each team member had a territory or state within the region. I would make my calls to set up appointments and then coordinate my travel on an e/o week basis which had me traveling 8-10 days a month. At this point in my life with a young family and small child that was chronically sick it put a significant strain on my home life. This is a company that rewards employees for their longevity and time of service. The sales cycle was 1-2years. I had managed to sign on accounts within 2 years and was just at the point of jumping to the next sales level when my son became ill so I had to make the decision that family vs career was more important and found something local to our home. This is a job that I loved and was great at but it just didn't mesh with my family life. I could probably swing this job now though as my son is healthy as a horse and I'm at a different stage of my life both personally and professionally. Great company that fully supported the success of their employees and it was a true team atmosphere and culture.
Pros
Free coffee and soft drinks at corp office!!
Cons
Demanding travel schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meditech. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9