Medix Staffing Employee Reviews

would recommend Medix to others looking for job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 9, 2016
Worked at CVS Specialty in Billing and Reimbursement Dept. as CSR. Shift was okay if you like to work until 8PM. Calls were not that difficult, had to speak with difficult patients. Computer system was not that difficult to learn. The coworkers were extremely helpful and would go out of their way to assist.
Pros
flexible, great team members
Cons
short lunches, difficult customers
Helping members with their medical plans & making sure all their needs are being met.
Customer Service Representative Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Overall a very diversified group of folks that want you to feel at home.
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
Very diversified group of individuals, free coffee w/sugar & cream.
Cons
not paying for benefits, having to wait so long to be paid when your off because of increment weather, or if call center is closed.
This is a Temp Agency, who didn't give me any notice when my assisnment was done.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 9, 2015
I've never met anyone from this company, due to the location of the company. This agency was able to get me an assignment very quickly, with good salary for where I currently live, but I wasn't given any notice that my assignment was over. I was called that Friday evening and was told not to go back.
Pros
Found work for me quickly
Cons
Didn't give me notice, so I could look for another job.
Benefits Investigator
Specialty Benefits Investigator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 8, 2016
More on the job training needed to be given for the assignment. Overall was not bad. A midday work schedule could not accomplish much with the long commute. Some of management at the assignment was unrealistic and not helpful.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Long Commute
Super friendly and helpful
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Medix staffing wants to see their employees succeed their super helpful in revising resumes and matching you with proper well paying employers its a great place to work
Insurance Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2016
Everyone is Eager to Help. Informative, My Account Mgr was ready & willing to accommodate my needs. I never had a problem with pay check.
Pros
Offer Medical Coverage
productive work place
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMay 9, 2016
Mercy was a good place to work. Employees are very friendly. There is room for advancement. I workout Mercy for 2 years. I will go back to work there again anytime.
This was a productive Staffing Company.
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2016
Medix was able to get me two job assignments back to back. Unfortunately the job assignments were not long enough and not permanent. A typical day of work at Cigna meant a very clean environment and comfortable work stations.
Management in the Enrollment Department was terrific. The Manager was very helpful in explaining what was expected of you. There was really nothing hard about the job and I was very happy helping the clients calling in to enroll them in their Voluntary Medical Benefits. It was quite rewarding.
The Intake Department was about the same, but I did not like the 6 minute time limit put on each phone call. This departments clients were calling in for enrollment in STD, LTD, and FMLA. If a client called in and was upset or even crying for such reasons as a family member had passed away or they themselves had just been diagnosed with cancer, it was very stressful to have to limit the phone calls to 6 minutes. In these cases the client is very distraught and doesn't always have necessary information available as the questions were being asked. I felt that more customer service skills and more time should have been allowed for this department. This job also was very rewarding when you felt like you had helped someone.
Pros
Job assignment at Cigna made it a very clean and comfortable environment to work in.
Cons
Job assignment means temporary work. Nothing permanent.
Horrible agency
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 11, 2016
I worked here and it was horrible! I was going from job to job with this agency nothing was ever steady. The last place I was put at have us no training and the supervisors ignored us. Not the best place.
Pros
Cons
All of it
work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2016
nothing good can come out of here except all the unsupervised overtime. To many smoke breaks. No supervision, to many clicks
AND ABSOLUTELY NO TRAINING GIVEN.
Pros
ALL THE OVERTIME YOU WANT
Cons
NO TRAINING
Great
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2015
Great staffing agency to work for. Has great health benefits even though its an agency.I would recommend this agency to anyone else.
Enjoying Helping patients
Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2014
• Completed the financial clearance process
• Created a first impression
• Able to articulate information in an excellent and professional manner with patients, guarantors and family members
• Completed the pre-registration, registration, insurance verification and certification
• Referral management, co-pay, collections and medical necessity check as well as interviewing patients and guarantors to obtain information to screen for financial counseling.
• Verified eligibility and corresponding benefits levels, coordinating benefits and obtaining treatment and authorizations.
Pros
loved the family i worked with
Great company!!
PRN Medical Coder (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Very flexible work schedules, friendly environment. The recruiter is very helpful and informative. There is nothing hard about the job, and my coworkers are nice and helpful.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short assignments
professional
accounts receivable (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 5, 2015
Medix staffing is professional and happy company to work for. I have learned quite a bit about medical claims. The hardest part of the job was being released without warning. It gave me PTSD lol. Every time the company would call I would freak out thinking that they were calling to release me. We were released from several different contracts without any knowledge of how we were doing.
Pros
professional
Cons
ptsd
Nice Place
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  NorwalkSeptember 30, 2015
I enjoyed working for Alta Hospital great people. management is very understanding great with people. Company was very help full and trust worthy. Commute wasn't so bad
Pros
Great atomshpere
Cons
Communcation
Horrible Communication
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2016
No communication from the staff on anything. Pay was ok, commute to work was good in proximity to my home but I will never work for this staffing company again. I've never felt more like a child than working for them.
Cons
Temp
quest diagnostics
Great Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLOctober 11, 2015
A typical work day would to enter the pt. into care 360 order their test, call pt. back to draw station draw their blood, take urine specimens, vital signs etc. when the blood specimens clot. put them into the centrifuge, when they are done I would take them back and process them into the system as being collected store them in the correct temps such as room temp, refrigerated and or frozen and then put the specimens into transit.
Great Culture, but no Career Opportunities
IT Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Great culture but no advancement above AE role, pay is enough out of college but don't see much advancement past the base salary
It was a good company to work at I would them 3 stars
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 8, 2015
Meeting the demands of the company was not a hard task to do. I learned a lot on claims with pharmacy's it was not difficult at all. Management was ok. Co-workers was very helpful. The hardest part of the job was not difficult at all. I was able to get all my worked completed on a timely manner.
Temp Work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 12, 2015
If you like temp work there ya go. No room for advancement no benefits and no job security. Not a great place to find a career.

2.8