Medix Employee Reviews

Competitive Work Enviroment and Long Hours
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  AnonymousNovember 14, 2017
Coming in from a previous sales role, this can be more than what is expected with high expectations of metrics based touchpoint, can often be micromanaged and feels more like scraping by at times.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Work Life Balance
Medix Staffing
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 13, 2017
They provided a good rate of pay and jobs that fit your experience, but lack in caring about the employee as a person. I would work for them again because they pay well but since this is a temp agency it was unlikely to become a permanent employee.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor employee relations
Enjoyable temporary position
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2017
I was on a temporary assignment. I happily went to the client to work until the position ended. It was a good workplace culture, I felt included by the department from day one, it was hard to leave.
Pros
food trucks at lunch time
Cons
I had hoped the position would have continued on, but it did not.
Good Agency
HEDIS Nurse (Former Employee) –  NHOctober 30, 2017
Very professional and always able to reach them. I was given all the information I needed to make a good decision with them. Would work for them over and over.
Decent Work place
Recruitment Advisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 26, 2017
Over achievers hit the ceiling pretty fast. Decent salary plus commission. Easy job. Not a great training program, but they try to hire intelligent people who don't really need one.
Intern summer
Technical Recruitment/Consultant Internship (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 25, 2017
Worked there for a summer and their internship program was not defined and did not really know how to use us. Great people to work with and a really great environment though.
Where did they go?
Temp prospect (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
I met with them and it was a great interview. For awhile, they worked really hard for me, trying to find the right fit and being as encouraging as possible, then the contact became less and less frequent, like I was forgotten about because I'm no longer part of their metrics as far as talent. It's been 3 weeks since my last interview and I have not heard from them at all. I think I'm going with another recruiter who, who, while I know I;m just a number to, will at least get me in more interviews without red tape.
Pros
Very nice in the beginning
Cons
Vanished after a month
Temporary staffing agency
Surgery Scheduler, Front and Back office float (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 5, 2017
Temporary staffing agency that provides placement for companies that are looking for temporary staff. once the position is completed they will find new placement for you.
Pros
Temporary staffing agency
Cons
Temporary staffing agency
Loved my job and my company!
Professional Recruiter II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 2, 2017
The culture at Medix is tough to beat, everyone is so supportive and management really cares about your professional AND personal growth. It's definitely a grind, but very much a what you put in, you will get out type of company!
met the need
RN Utilization Review (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2017
Staff was attentive, efficient. Temporary staffing agency, so job security is nonexistent. no benefits, if you don't work, you don't get paid, even though the office you are working in is closed, and you don't have any options of working.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no benefits, no job security
Fire you for speaking up
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJSeptember 25, 2017
I worked for medic for 2.5 months as a process technician. After asking for my shift differential that I was promised when starting the position it was approved and I was let go without cause in the same week. I tried communicating with recruiters and they say they have no work available for me but keep posting adds online that they need people for my line of work. Do not recommend unless your desperate.
Pros
Decent pay if you're a man.
Cons
Have to tolerate being treated unfairly since you're a temporary employee.
Great account manger found me opportunity in Orthopedics .
Orthopedic X-ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Worked several clinics with good co-worker at fast orthopedic clinic, paid weekly and was able to get parking covered.Got to learn office front and back duties setup patients charts, pull their films images for surgery follows, room patient, take patient history,remove cast splints, clean patients rooms.Follow diagnostic imaging of upper and lower extremities, chest , spine studies.
Pros
All Jobs assignment were very good it helped me too saving money to return to school.
Cons
Temporary assignments only lasted a couple of weeks or more.
should asign Temps to perment case worker and have back up.
Insurance Medical Billing and Collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2017
working temp position, was fun great assignments. fun peoples.
Once assignment ended. Person handling my assignment, had personal engagement. Had to wait till return in 3 months. No one to assist at the time. Found other employment.
Pros
always delivered check on time.
Cons
Didn't have next assignment available.
Somewhat supported
Mail Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I worked as a Mail Clerk, but instead was put to work data entry for the health plan I was working at. I didn't mind because I like to work on data entry. There were some issues with another employee and myself with lead for me to be removed from job. I was never given the extra week promise, to work on my data entry errors. Supervisor at the health plan was mad because I went above her level about the situation. My reason for going to higher personal was because the supervisor was on vacation.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 18, 2017
I would have to say Lunch is the most enjoyable part of the day. This is a very stressful company to work for as the person they have train you will tell you the 1st day of employment why someone got fired. She is a micro manager and is only the Sr Sales Rep. She tells you to quit talking and get on the phone and then turns around and does exactly what she told you not to do. Upper management should really talk a look at the turnover rate in the sales department.
Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 14, 2017
The staffing agency is really bad to work for they don't care about the people they place at these sites. Once they get fired from the locate someone is at they don't offer to look for another job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything bad
Relocated
Advocate SRCO (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 11, 2017
I worked with Advocate thru Medix and they were just centralizing all of their billing offices which left ii a little unorganized while they were still figuring things out. The Manager had employees she had previously worked with which made it hard for the new comers.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Already established work relationships
Great Company Limited Job Offerings
Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2017
Very well-run organization but with few professional opportunities. They possess the technical finesse needed to run a contracting organization but lack the business connections to provide continued ongoing employment.
Pros
Great employees at the corporate level
Cons
Poor benefits and lack of professional jobs
great temp staffing service
McKesson - A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 3, 2017
medix is a temporary service that pays extremely well and is very good for placing you in a position that you are qualify for. They are also very friendly and professional.
Great Staffing Agency
Member Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
Nice people and always available. I have nothing negative to say about medix. I would recommend them to anyone that needs job placement...............