Medline Industries Employee Reviews

Best and Worst Job I've ever had
Director of Field Services (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILJune 27, 2017
Overall, the company had lots of energy and vision; however it depends on your immediate manager as to how well you succeed. There is a dog-eat-dog culture on some teams. Met and worked with a lot of great people, just a lot of decisions are made for short term gains.
Pros
Benefits, Vision of business success
Cons
Change is constant with a lot of back stabbing
Good paying job but management is poor and favoritism is at worse.
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CA 95377June 22, 2017
It's a good paying job but management is poor. Newly hired were not even introduce to the team and playing favorites is the worse that I have experienced.
Pros
good paying job
Cons
poor management and favoritism is at worse.
Work hard, play hard mentality
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILJune 21, 2017
Being an associate product manager was extremely rewarding. I was able to grow sales in several categories while still supporting 150 sales reps. I also had the opportunity to field travel with several of the reps which often time turned into additional sales for both the rep and Medline.
Pros
field travel
Is it really worth it?
operations (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 21, 2017
Medline is a good company but like most it has the wrong people in management and they don't know how to treat the employees. They speak to you any kind of way and act like you are supposed to eat, sleep, and drink Medline. Medline comes first and life is last. They claim they have an open door policy, but whatever is spoken in confidence isn't. If you want something done you have to go to corporate, and then you're labeled a trouble maker.
benefits
Cons
You can't have a life working at Medline.
Drama
Customer Service Specialist / Processing (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJune 20, 2017
Drama favoritism mgt don't care pay sucks Don't want yo do this would like a decent job that pays better so don't work holidays
Bullying don't follow rules
Pros
Desk job
Cons
Pay
Highpaced environment with a determination to succeed and learn
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahJune 18, 2017
A typical workday at medline was wonderful, it was always a challenge and everyone was upbeat . Everyday was a different learning experience, I learned to work with a variety of different people and they taught me their skills as well. the hardest part of the job was knowing where my place was withing the warehouse, I guess you could call that my work title. the most enjoyable part of working for medline was the daily meetings before each shift so we had out daily focus and goals fresh in our mind and as a team
Pros
Able to get forkfift certrified
Cons
Favoritism
productive
Forklift, Order picker, Dockstocker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2017
Awesome work place very helpful employees to get the job done well and in a safe manner . managers excellent at what they do and goals are set to achieve
Money is great, everything else? Not so much.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJune 15, 2017
I have worked for this company for about a year now. They start at 1pm and sometimes I am not off work until 1-2am, this wouldn't be a problem if they disclosed this information when they hire you. Initially they tell you you will be working normal second shift hours (3pm-11pm) but that all ends after your week of training. Their shift hours fall in the worst possible part of the day, especially if you have a family and children like i do. All in all, the pay is great and the job isn't hard, you just have to be accurate in your order picking. It is a decent place to work for the money but everything else about this job is sub-par.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
you never get to take your vacation hours, the hours are ridiculous.
Fast paced, exciting environment
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 14, 2017
Lots of hours (65+) in a wonderful industry with solid product line. Medline has a tremendous line of products and solid pricing to help secure customers.
Pros
money and solid prouct line
Cons
hours and family life are tough to manage
Productive good work space.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Route 6 middletown nyJune 13, 2017
Very good company to work for. Great benefits. Good breaks good people to work for. Goog customers and great employees who care about the customers who love to provide great customer service.
Pros
Good lunch breaks.
Cons
Long hours.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 12, 2017
Medline was a great company to work for. Benefits were great. I had a 2 hour time fluctuation every other night that was hard. 2 days a week I was on a dedicated Idaho route. I never missed a day or took a sick day in 3 1/2 years.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours
Great ! Company to work for
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 12, 2017
Inspect material, Set up and program equipment and machinery for operation, and document log and data entry. Upon working in production as a Line Lead I learned to disassemble and sanitize reassemble Fillers and Tanks and Pipe Lines. Safe, Quality and Productive was our objective always we were like family as one I don't recall nothing harder than not making quote.
Pros
Safety, and Production Bonus as well as the repore with one another.
Cons
The company closed.
Busy place not for everybody
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 10, 2017
It`s a great place to start your career, But not too many people left here more than a year. Hard work and mandatory overtime/ Plus they got a really big problem with management.
Pros
if you work hard you got a lot benefits
Cons
weak manegement
I enjoyed working the front desk and other duties with it.
Branch Office Administrator, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDJune 10, 2017
It was a good company to work for. I enjoyed the many tasks I was assigned to perform. I had many responsibilities that included assisting employees with payroll, attendance, job performance reviews, filing, etc.
Hard work
Acting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 7, 2017
When this company was open in the area, the work was very difficult. We worked very hard, and had very long hours. The bad thing about it is that we didn't have enough people to help out during the day.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Great place for learning!
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJune 5, 2017
Great place for learning and friendly atmosphere!! Great leadership and benefits! I would suggest to anyone wanting to start a career in the healthcare industry.
Great Company on Paper... not so much in real life...
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Northfield, ILJune 5, 2017
Good ol' boys club to the fullest - so much that the executives play poker during lunch (and on weekends) together, ZERO career development and support from management, unorganized chaos, no divisional strategic plans.... HR is poor and will not support you.

Great place for Millennials that want to learn fast and leave. Seems to be the age/target they are hiring these days.

Don't let the new gorgeous facilities fool you.
Pros
Nice work place, gym, cafeteria, great co-workers
Cons
Upper management, no career advancement
Typical day at work
Homecare Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mundelein, ILJune 3, 2017
Typical day at work is hostile work environment. I learned about the HIPPA concerns. The management is poor and very unprofessional.
This is an hostile work environment, employees are not team players. The most enjoyable of the day is getting of work.
Pros
get paid every other Friday
Cons
no breaks, short lunches, unprofessional managers
Fast paced, fun, and always busy.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILMay 31, 2017
I was in accounts payables/disbursements, so I got a lot of exercise. I enjoyed the team I worked with, they were always helpful. I'm especially proud of how many relationships I had built, from admins, up to division presidents.
if you want to make money here it is.
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 30, 2017
really fast paced, depending on what was rolling out is how well you got trained or had the one on one to tell you what to improve on. there are al ways pluses and minuses if you want to make money and keep your mouth shut this is the perfect place.
Pros
pay and hours
Cons
hours and work home balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medline Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9