Medline Industries

Medline Industries Employer Reviews

No Life. All over the place.
employee (Current Employee), lithia springs gaSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks, long hours.
They work you to death. Long hours. Management is poor and all over the place.
Not a fun place to work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Middletown, NYSeptember 16, 2013
Management is all over the place, they play favorites, a lot of the time they are clueless and make decisions that are obviously wrong and make no sense and hold business up
Productive and great folks to work with
EDI Coordinator (Former Employee), Mundelein, ILSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: great co workers
wroking the errors for all production issues, creating and designing new transactions, including EDI mapping into the ERP systems. Monitoring communication connections in regards to AS2.
Working with hospital leaders and staff across the country to share Medline's Clinical Programs and Solutions related to Hospital Acquired Conditions.
Senior Vice President & Chief Nursing Officer (Current Employee), Full Time TravelSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: meet wonderful and passionate health care leaders
Working with an outstanding sales team to support the clinical needs of hospitals and post acute care providers. My co-workers are fantastic and their level of service and support to their customers is by the best in the industry. The best part of the job is having the staff and leaders engaged in clinical priorities and seeing patient care improve – more... with the use of our Clinical Programs. – less
Great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: college classes paid for that pertain to my job.
I could always count on support from upper management. Co-workers were a pleasure to work with. Sales reps could be a little intolerant. Great benefits.
Great place to advance and they also promote good health
Department Captain/Operations Assistant (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 30, 2013
Great place to advance and they also promote good health I like to talk to people and help them solve the problems they may be having with the
company. I spend time researching the company and its policies and practices, allowing me the ability
to refer out and/or get to know other sources that could help the people I am dealing with.
Great Company
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Mundelein, ILAugust 28, 2013
Medline promotes within and cares about their employees.
Management very easy to talk to about all issues.
Ok.
Forklift driver, Electric (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2013
Get to work was told what to do, then we would get to work. The co workers were not that friendly due to i was a temp. I quit after my 90 day due to them not wanting to hire me on full time.
Challenging and Gratifying
Product Manager (Current Employee), Mundelein, ILAugust 16, 2013
Pros: new health club on-site
There is a tremendous spirit of doing what it takes to improve every aspect of the business for customers, whether they be clinical, operational, or budget-focused.
Get involed
Machine Operator/Selector (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2013
Get out on the floor an be involed with the changes that are being made from time to time
You always stay busy, and we have a pool table and a couple ping pong tables.
Havre de Grace MD (Current Employee), Havre de Grace, MDJuly 31, 2013
Pros: great bonus opportunities if you perform well, good enviornment, good people
Cons: back breaking work after a while
Always have a good time with my co workers even when I'm in a bad mood. The day goes by fast because we are always staying busy with work. Management is very understanding and fair. The hardest part of the job is picking up other peoples slack(such as new hires unfamiliar with the job duties).
Excellent company
Senior Production Control Manager (Former Employee), Mundelein, ILJuly 29, 2013
Medline is a great organization to work for and has many opportunities for growth and movement within the company. It also has great benefits for the employees.
great new industry with newest technology good start up facility
Maintenance electrician (Former Employee), lithia springs, gaJuly 18, 2013
Pros: new cutting edge machinery, open office policy
Cons: only drawback was shift changes, but the managment team had to find the best mix for productivity
the hardest part of the job was aquiring parts, the facility was new and the machinery was foreign. i learned a great deal about different plc coding and was exposed to different plc brands. I really miss my coworkers and managers because we were a front line hands on people. My mangers didnt just sit in the office and say make it happen, they helped – more... make it happen. I really miss working there and only left for relocation purposes. – less
not a good experience
Product Spe (Current Employee), Mundelein, ILJuly 10, 2013
management poor, unclear direction, not professional. You have to work for a micro-manager who has another "manager" do his dirty work. Also it seemed like very few of my coworkers wanted to assist me when needed and that could be because of high turnover.
Worst accounting organization ever.
Accounting (Former Employee), Mundelein, ILJuly 8, 2013
Pros: nice office.
Cons: no leadership, no direction, plenty of backstabbing
I had the worst professional experience of my life working for the accounting department at Medline. There was absolutely no teamwork, no leadership, nothing. There was more backstabbing than in any other organization I had ever been with in more than twenty five years. Although the salary and benefits were commensurate with other companies of this – more... size, I would urge all finance and accounting types to look elsewhere. It is a very dysfunctional financial organization particularly in the senior management ranks. – less
Boring
QA Tech (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJuly 7, 2013
Work is not challenging. Do not promote from within, or promote those who are work hard.
Every dept claims they have so much work to do, yet things never get done. Each dept/person for themselves, no team work, no willingness to help others.
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee), Alamo, TNJuly 2, 2013
I ship all Branch Transfer and Freight Order. I stay busy all the time if I do not have work on the Shipping Dock I go pull Cases for order or go and pick orders I do anything to help out wherever need.
I love the shipping dock it is a fast past job with a lot of mental work to keep everything straight but I love it very much.
A learning expereince taken to the top
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TennesseeJune 21, 2013
Pros: there were lots of things that i was taught that could be used to my advantage in the future.
Cons: not really easy to get a permanent position at the company.
A typical day at work for me was a learning experience everyday.
I learned a lot of skills from the jobs that I worked including better customer service skills that can prepare me to do the best at my next position. The different co-workers that I have worked with were terrific, at Medline we all became a family working together to help achieve the – more... best service for the company and most important the customers. Also, I would say the hardest part of one of my jobs was working 14 hours a day and the most enjoyable part of my job was learning about different tools, machines, and other things that could be used to develop my personal skill level. – less
Your experience depends heavily on your manager
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Mundelein, ILMay 23, 2013
Pros: free shuttle from city, free shuttle from metra station, free gym, good cafeteria with discount on food, good team feeling in most divisions (especially quality)
Cons: bonus is considered part of your salary but is not gauranteed, work-life balance is not so balanced (getting better every year though), heavy work loads, experience is very dependent on managers
I have read a lot of negative reviews but must say I truly enjoy my job. I am lucky and am in a good division who cares deeply about their employees and is at the forefront in the company for improving work-life balance, increasing pay for those who deserve it, and developing great employees.

I do understand the negative reviews though. Many of my – more... friends have had terrible managers who will throw them under the table in their zeal to advance, or who are just horrible managers in general. Also, pay starts low because of the bonus program. You can get heavily bonused but they consider your base and bonus as your whole salary; when comparing your salary to the industry standard, it will be lower, but your bonus will put you on the high end of the range. Depending on your position your bonus could be in your control or not at all, so be careful. The higher you get in the company, though, the more incentives you get, so if you can stick it out and move up they will really make it worth your while.

Overall it's a good company where you can go far in the right situations. I learned more in my first year here than in any of my other jobs combined. As a whole they are making strides to be more balanced, but it will take time to change the culture of work first, life later. – less
Voted one of the top 100 places to work by the Chicago Tribune
Executive Assistant to CFO (Former Employee), Mundelein, ILApril 30, 2013
Medline provides products and clinical solutions to all markets across the continuum of healthcare.

About Medline Industries

When health care supplies are on the line, Medline Industries goes toe-to-toe with the big guys. With more than 125,000 products, – Read more