Mednax

Mednax Employee Reviews

Competitive company with rapid growth
Manager, Clinical Systems (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: Vacation and other benefits
Cons: Lack of strategic direction and little mentoring
Mednax has experienced significant growth mainly by acquisition and the rapidity of the growth has caused stress within the organization. The benefits are competitive and vacation policy is primarily based on physician plans. A significant portion of management's background comes from within the medical community so there is little mentoring and everyone is expected to work extra. Life balance does not come during the regular work week.
OVERWORKED, UNDERPAID, AND TREATED LIKE A CHILD
Biller (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 16, 2015
Pros: bonuses, health benefits (but only if you have no dependents)
Cons: management
The company as a whole is a good company but the office I'm located at is the worst. Promotions are awarded to the popular, the clueless, and those who keep tabs on their coworkers and report them. The work is tedious and can be overwhelming in its large volume, to the point that it seems as if 8hrs a day, five days a week is not enough time to complete your work. Unfortunately management does not value intelligent employees and new ideas, they see it as a personal challenge and will become hostile towards you. Its a great place to work if you don't have any small children and love office high school drama. Its sad when coworkers are bullied and even worse when superiors participate in it.
Great company with potential with correct management
Practice Integration Coordinator (Former Employee), Sunrise, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Travel
In my previous position my typical work would be traveling to new practices helping to establish them within the MEDNAX family.
Great Place to work
Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 7, 2015
Fun, easy, loving atmosphere to work in. Management is wonderful. Management is very considerate to personal life. Very flexible scheduling.
productive, great place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), sunrise, flMarch 5, 2015
Great job, billing specialist, great employees, hard workers, push for excellence. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who is looking for work in the medical field.
My day would be as follow , inputting , data entry, productivity report, batches, verify insurance, claims
Credentialing Departnment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Busy Busy Busy Place. Constant changes and volume of work continues to rise. Secure job. Co- workers are nice. Learned a lot of acquisitions and new hires process and flow.
Productive, but limiting
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: working in the hospital
Cons: not being able to use my skills
I felt that my skills were under utilized.
I had a difficult time remembering that there was so much of what had always been my 'job' that I was no longer allowed to do.
It was very limiting.
I enjoyed being in an office with another co-worker, even though I have mostly worked in an office by myself.
QA Analyst (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good health benefits, 401 k match and emplyee stock plan
Cons: lack of training and courses.
It's a great company to work at , excellent work environment with great benefits. Very stable company with great management.
Interesting Environment
Project Manager (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLDecember 3, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: lack of leadership and processes
The culture and atmosphere does not promote growth or an appreciation of new ideas and advancement towards better technology.
Hearing Screener
Hearing screener (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasOctober 29, 2014
Absolutely the WORST job I have ever had. I wanted to get into this for some medical experience but this was the worst company to try that with. They do not stand behind there employees & management was HORRIBLE. We could never get any new people to stay. Overworked & underpaid. Stay away from this company.
Great Company
Associate (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 2, 2014
Pros: mednax's mission for their patients is exceptional
Cons: mednax does not value their employees
Great company that started small and is growing but losing employees at the same time. Mednax has to take better care of their loyal employees, no incentives and very little pay.
Moral is low and getting worse. Would recommend in the past but Never now

Current Employee 18+ years
Great workplace
Billing Specialist/ Analyst (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 25, 2014
At my current job I enter patients demographics into our system called Medsuite from the hospital portal. I also enter patients insurance and make sure it is correct and accurate. However, if there is an issue with the insurance I either call the insurance company to work out the issues or if need be I will call the patient. Not only that, but I work realmed edits which is what rejects on our end, and I have to figure out exactly why the insurance rejected. In some cases I call to collect payments form insurance companies
Bad Place to work
Collection Administrator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: little pay for what they want you to do
They are to set on the productivity of the employee's and aren't worried at all about Collecting money
Not a good dept to work for
Customer services (Former Employee), SunriseJuly 22, 2014
America Anesthesiology part of the comp is not good big time poorly management not a true leader. Follows Gossips of other employees on the floor. That dept has ghetto people working there just to name a few. If you want to be unhappy. It's the place for you.
Good to work but pay is low
SQL Developer/.NET Programmer (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 18, 2014
Pros: relaxing atmosphere
Cons: low on pay scale.
Good place to work however pay is on the lower end of compensation, they would rather save money then keep people who know what the business needs.
awful place to work, stay away
MA (Former Employee), FrederickNovember 15, 2013
Pros: dr.hodor
Cons: everything, management, co-workers
The management is incompetent and two faced, you will never have job security, and the co-workers at least at the Frederick location are the worst, they have turned that office into a soul sucking venomous pit of hell..unless you enjoy dying a little inside each day, stay away from this middle school drama filled hell!!! Just a warning, it is treacherous:/
Great Place to Work
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLAugust 11, 2013
Great atmosphere to work in, Great employees and moral, wonderful opportunity for individuals looking for growth and stability in the administrative side of healthcare.
Overall very advanced and progressing company
Information Specialist - QA Automation (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMay 18, 2012
Everyday work was very challenging which exceled my skills in automation and manual testing. Management and co-workers were very nice to work with.

About Mednax

MEDNAX, Inc. is a national medical group comprised of the nation's leading providers of neonatal, anesthesia, maternal-fetal and – Read more

Mednax Salaries