Mednax Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Credentialing (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLFebruary 28, 2017
The credentialing department at Mednax is the worse department I have ever worked for. The management would bring in their friends from previous employment and promotes them with 2 months before the veterans. I don't appreciate the favoritism that they show to their friends. They refuse to pay more so therefore I had to find new employment. The old management interacted better with everyone and was fair but they moved on themselves to something better. I don't think Credentialing will get any better as long as the director is in charge.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and no promotion
Great company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 18, 2017
Seems people leave bad comments when they don't get their way or like negative environments. The management really has brought a good atmosphere to the credentialing department. They have made a big difference by creating a teamwork type of place. It is fun with all the things they do. The training is so much better and so is the way the work is given. The lies about this department is from people that are never happy. if you work hard you will have a great career in this company.
Pros
Great teamwork and Management
Cons
Negative employees
Once A great place to work, NOW HORRIBLE
AR (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 4, 2017
When I started 10 yrs ago this was a AWESOME place to work. Management was great from Upper Management to team lead. Since our Director retired and the new one came on board, the Raleigh office has become a HORRIBLE place to work. The New director and the 2 managers that the director has hired bc she knew them are TOTALLY unqualified and incompetent of the anesthesia billing process, and REFUSE to learn, from the employees who have done this work for the past 5-20 yrs. The moral, communication, and everything about the Raleigh office has gone from awesomeness to heartbreaking. The Director and the 2 Managers in the AR department seem determined to tear down the department. The communication we once had is now DEAD, along with rules of protocol, which have been taken over by favoritism, from this new management team. I hope Mednax will began to CLOSELY screen candidates for Directors and upper management going forward.
Benefits
Cons
MANAGEMENT
looks good on the outside but beware of unethical mgmt
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2016
On the outside the job looks great, benefits are good, etc., but they really could care less about your onboarding. Frequently I had to follow up, the manager did not want to be bothered and they could care less that they did not pay me on time and then lost my check- it took me 10 days past pay day and numerous phone calls to get my first paycheck! Then my manager was mad at me even though it had nothing to do with me at all. This is what I am referring to- they will not take any responsibility for their actions, and resent you if you ask questions or try to do the right thing.

The management is always trying to find ways to write up the reps and it is sad to watch how scared all the employees get- they rule through fear, bullying and intimidation.

The pay is not that great either and they are incredibly cheap about everything. You can do better- stay away.
Benefits
Cons
Management, culture, pay is very low
Ignorant incompetent managers and regional managers
RCM Department (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 5, 2016
Decisions change on a daily basis. Upper Management does not appear to think things thru completion. New management has no experience in the specialty. Your co-workers will stab you in the back will giving you a kiss. Higher management encourages employees to complain about their supervisors and encourages gossip.
company appears great in the eyes of the stock holders and public. Work being outsourced outside the country.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work live balance
Not a good place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 21, 2016
Culture is horrible. Management is quick to point the finger but will not admit to their mistakes. Individuals who have been with the company for many years use their power for intimidation because they know they are not going anywhere. Low pay yet given many projects above pay grade.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Culture, management
Nice Place to work for
Revenue Cycle Mgmt Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 3, 2016
Expensive Benefits, Great work life Balance, I have a great manager. I cant speak for anyone else....I have noting more to say about the company
No job security/ rude regional coordinator
Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 26, 2016
I worked as a hearing screener for a year and the company sucks. The regional coordinator is very rude and tried to intimidate ppl. She never comes to help out when we're short staffed they have the poor coordinator working it all and of course making us work every wkend. They do not give you enough hrs and they lie to you about it in the beginning to keep you. It's way to much work for little pay and no hours and of course no benefits. And they hate the fact you are going to college to try to better yourself.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
Poor decision making by management
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  NCJune 8, 2016
Not a professional environment and poor communication with staff about all matters. Very unorganized. Bad decisions by management to outsource work to India; and force employees to look for other work in other departments or leave.Forced to work mandatory overtime because they have unrealistic expectations . Poor management all around.Staff has tried for years to communicate the problems to HR department with no help.
Benefits
Cons
Outsourcing our jobs; poor communication; poor management
Run from this company if you have a choice
Credentialing/Risk (Former Employee) –  SunriseJune 18, 2016
This company can care less about its employees, it only cares about enriching themselves and their shareholders. Do not think that you will have an opportunity to advance, you will not-- as the majority of top-level positions are held by incompetent employees who are (and were) promoted because of who they know/their connections (including nepotism) and tenure. These employees will be Vice-Presidents, Directors, etc., but worse, will make decisions and will never give you the opportunity to advance inside your department or move to another department. And these same employees will do the least amount of work, and dump all the responsibilities on you-- to the point that your health will pay the price. There is no work/life balance-- good luck taking your vacations or any time off. HR policies are weak, and decisions are influenced by upper-management. Sad to say that there are a lot of good people that go to work there, but leave as soon as they can. Attrition level is almost at 100%, and management can care less. If you have no choice or need an entry level job, take it and run as soon as you can. But do not leave your current job to come to this company, you will regret it.
No place for job advancement or salary increase
CRNA (Current Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYNovember 19, 2016
Company was recently taken over by mednax. Lazy entitled drs expect to get paid for not working. Benefits include, no reqired overtime or weekends. Job is salary and there is no compensation for working over 40 hours per week. Salary is below aveerage. Enough said
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Low pay
Excellent for students
Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 14, 2016
Great company to work for especially if you are a full-time college student or have another job. I have been working with Mednax over a year now part-time and they pay their employees very well. There is little room for advancement but if they had a full-time position where I am currently living at, I would never leave. Usually, I worked alone which was perfect with minimal supervision. Only con was having to work with rude nurses or CNA's that are employed by the hospital that I was working at. I enjoy my job very much and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a part-time stress-free job.
Pros
Hospital experience, stress-free environment, work alone
Cons
No full-time positions available
Worst company
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 12, 2016
Mednax seems to hire inexperience management. They are horrible and extremely biased. They only communicate with their favorites instead of being professional.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Revolving door
Worst place to work unprofessional
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2017
The Physicians are rude. Special preference to some staff members. Outreach clinics so far. The mileage pay does not help because always late 2 months out.
Overworked, underpaid, and treated like a child
Biller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 16, 2015
The company as a whole is a good company but the office I'm located at is the worst. Promotions are awarded to the popular, the clueless, and those who keep tabs on their coworkers and report them. The work is tedious and can be overwhelming in its large volume, to the point that it seems as if 8hrs a day, five days a week is not enough time to complete your work. Unfortunately management does not value intelligent employees and new ideas, they see it as a personal challenge and will become hostile towards you. Its a great place to work if you don't have any small children and love office high school drama. Its sad when coworkers are bullied and even worse when superiors participate in it.
Pros
bonuses, health benefits (but only if you have no dependents)
Cons
management
Management was inspiring
HRIS Administrator (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 13, 2016
I really enjoyed my team. We worked well together and respected one another. When ever there was a task we all put our heads together and challenged it.
need better management
Hospital Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston TXOctober 16, 2015
Resigned from a job of four years to work for Mednax one of the worst mistakes of my life. While in training for several weeks previous work was not being kept up. When completed training management expected me to catch up previous work plus work that was coming in 7 days a week. When asked for help was ignored then they assigned me another facility. Put in my two week notice on a Friday morning that afternoon before leaving they told me they would not need me for the two weeks. Management for that department spiteful and no compassion. It's all about who has more power and not about empowering the employees.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management unsupportive in helping employees be successful for the company
Competitive company with rapid growth
Manager, Clinical Systems (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 19, 2015
Mednax has experienced significant growth mainly by acquisition and the rapidity of the growth has caused stress within the organization. The benefits are competitive and vacation policy is primarily based on physician plans. A significant portion of management's background comes from within the medical community so there is little mentoring and everyone is expected to work extra. Life balance does not come during the regular work week.
Pros
Vacation and other benefits
Cons
Lack of strategic direction and little mentoring
Good at first
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 4 years. But one day I had enough and I quit on the spot. The hours are all over the place. I worked New Year's Day 2015 and I had 30 babies to test not including NICU. I went in early knowing that I was alone that day and I worked 12 hrs! I tested every single baby that day. It was exhausting. When I first started I had a nice caring manager. Then I got moved to another hospital and well things took a turn once I moved and one day I just snapped. And I don't regret it at all!
Cons
Hours vary
Hearing Screener
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 13, 2015
When I first started I absolutely loved the job. I loved helping families and working with newborns. The job is very simple and straightforward. The pay is reasonable the only problem is that you never know how many hours you will be working. You can go in one day and work 8 hours or 10 minutes. The last months I worked here I started to dread going into work. The specific hospital I worked in had the rudest nurses, nurse practitioners, and doctors I have ever met. They will act superior to you, say that your job is not important, and if you ever have a question they will ignore you or make a snarky remark. It got to the point where they didn't care if they treated you this way in front of parents. It was not only disrespectful but extremely unprofessional. I only met with the regional coordinator once and she was just awful and clueless. A new coordinator was hired that was in charge of the hospital I worked for and she was very nice but also clueless. If you needed her help her response was always to call the help desk or she was busy. If the management was improved the company would do a lot better. And hospitals need to treat everyone with respect regardless of what their role in the hospital is.
Pros
Easy, reasonable compensation
Cons
no set hours, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mednax. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8