Mednax Employee Reviews in United States

Bad Management
Pt hearing screener (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2016
If you enjoy being disrespected by nursing staff, and your own manager, because they are afraid of losing the contract with the hospital this job is for you.
I have never experienced working for a company that does not stand by, and support their own employees.
If there was a simple problem, they would not take your word, only the word of the snobby, discrimative hospital staff. The managers would smile in your face, but behind your back write you up, and provoke you by being aggressive and unprofessional.
Run, run, as far away from this company, as if your life depends on it! 2Thumbs down!
Pros
schedule
Cons
No support for part time workers, disrepectful managers
Great group of People
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 28, 2016
I truly enjoyed working for this Company while I lived in Waleska, GA for two years. I learned so much in the world of adult cardiology. I was able to interact with patients, doctors, technicians. I learned patient charting and dealing with insurance companies for clearance.
Horrible
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I worked there briefly and left after 6 weeks because the staff there is extremely unprofessional! I was hired as a "medical biller" and ended up doing "insurance verification" as well as everybody's gofer. Most of the women there are rude and not helpful
Good Entry Level
IT GUY (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 24, 2015
Good place to start your career and then move on. Long term / advancement will be difficult to do preferential treatment and weak HR policy.
very productive
billing specalist (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 22, 2015
My typical day at work is very busy and I get along with all my co-workers we are team players at everything we do at mednax a great company to work for.
Hearing Screener
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 13, 2015
When I first started I absolutely loved the job. I loved helping families and working with newborns. The job is very simple and straightforward. The pay is reasonable the only problem is that you never know how many hours you will be working. You can go in one day and work 8 hours or 10 minutes. The last months I worked here I started to dread going into work. The specific hospital I worked in had the rudest nurses, nurse practitioners, and doctors I have ever met. They will act superior to you, say that your job is not important, and if you ever have a question they will ignore you or make a snarky remark. It got to the point where they didn't care if they treated you this way in front of parents. It was not only disrespectful but extremely unprofessional. I only met with the regional coordinator once and she was just awful and clueless. A new coordinator was hired that was in charge of the hospital I worked for and she was very nice but also clueless. If you needed her help her response was always to call the help desk or she was busy. If the management was improved the company would do a lot better. And hospitals need to treat everyone with respect regardless of what their role in the hospital is.
Pros
Easy, reasonable compensation
Cons
no set hours, poor management
Not recommended
Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 6, 2015
Management has no idea how to manage. Bullying is commonplace. Little integrity in management. Growing too fast. Pay was average. Fairly good benefits.
depends on position and location -I love love love this job
Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2015
As a part time newborn hearing screeener, you have to be an independent worker who can solve your own problems. Tech support and employee manual is everything you need. - Your supervisor may not be able to respond immediately if she is busy.

Do not take this job if it is solely for pay, as hours can be inconsistent. My greatest reward comes from serving the families. I love working with newborns and new families at this amazing milestone in their lives.

Part time screeners hours may vary from 8-20 hrs per week which is dependent on the number of births and usually you must work every other weekend. After gaining sufficient experience, Hearing screeners may apply for a full time coordinator position (should a position come available)

Working environment depends on the hospital you are assigned to...there may be more drama and dissatisfied staff in some units but if you don't get caught up in what's going on with them- focus on your job and your families -you will be much happier.
Pros
Positive environment helping others, somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
Hours can be inconsistent
need better management
Hospital Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston TXOctober 16, 2015
Resigned from a job of four years to work for Mednax one of the worst mistakes of my life. While in training for several weeks previous work was not being kept up. When completed training management expected me to catch up previous work plus work that was coming in 7 days a week. When asked for help was ignored then they assigned me another facility. Put in my two week notice on a Friday morning that afternoon before leaving they told me they would not need me for the two weeks. Management for that department spiteful and no compassion. It's all about who has more power and not about empowering the employees.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management unsupportive in helping employees be successful for the company
Depending what department you are in will make the difference
Pediatrix (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 18, 2015
Mednax overall might be considered a good place to be employed depending which department the employee is in. The long timers tend do fine but will change departments when it is necessary to avoid disaster. Very little training if any, mentoring or guidance is slim to none. Job Work/Life Balance needs some review from HR in some departments.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work schedule out weighs the compensation

Want to know more about Mednax?

Ask a question
Professional place to work with the opportunity for advancement.
Medical Affairs Assistant (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 14, 2015
Mednax is a professional place to work with endless opportunities. My co-workers worked as a team and made my experience enjoyable. I was challenged in my position which was also rewarding!
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Healthy company, good work life balance
Corporate Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 11, 2015
Solid, smart organization. Competitive benefits and pay. Great people, family oriented, healthy culture. Overall nice place to work.
Not a good work environment
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 8, 2015
Sales tax and property tax daily
Learned PTMS, Akore and OnBase
Favors employees - Harassment charge against employee - person training me
Dealing with difficult employee
Learning PTMS
Pros
Learned PTMS
Competitive company with rapid growth
Manager, Clinical Systems (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 19, 2015
Mednax has experienced significant growth mainly by acquisition and the rapidity of the growth has caused stress within the organization. The benefits are competitive and vacation policy is primarily based on physician plans. A significant portion of management's background comes from within the medical community so there is little mentoring and everyone is expected to work extra. Life balance does not come during the regular work week.
Pros
Vacation and other benefits
Cons
Lack of strategic direction and little mentoring
Overworked, underpaid, and treated like a child
Biller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 16, 2015
The company as a whole is a good company but the office I'm located at is the worst. Promotions are awarded to the popular, the clueless, and those who keep tabs on their coworkers and report them. The work is tedious and can be overwhelming in its large volume, to the point that it seems as if 8hrs a day, five days a week is not enough time to complete your work. Unfortunately management does not value intelligent employees and new ideas, they see it as a personal challenge and will become hostile towards you. Its a great place to work if you don't have any small children and love office high school drama. Its sad when coworkers are bullied and even worse when superiors participate in it.
Pros
bonuses, health benefits (but only if you have no dependents)
Cons
management
Great company with potential with correct management
Practice Integration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 30, 2015
In my previous position my typical work would be traveling to new practices helping to establish them within the MEDNAX family.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
Great Place to work
Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 7, 2015
Fun, easy, loving atmosphere to work in. Management is wonderful. Management is very considerate to personal life. Very flexible scheduling.
productive, great place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  sunrise, flMarch 5, 2015
Great job, billing specialist, great employees, hard workers, push for excellence. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who is looking for work in the medical field.
My day would be as follow , inputting , data entry, productivity report, batches, verify insurance, claims
Credentialing Departnment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Busy Busy Busy Place. Constant changes and volume of work continues to rise. Secure job. Co- workers are nice. Learned a lot of acquisitions and new hires process and flow.
Productive, but limiting
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2015
I felt that my skills were under utilized.
I had a difficult time remembering that there was so much of what had always been my 'job' that I was no longer allowed to do.
It was very limiting.
I enjoyed being in an office with another co-worker, even though I have mostly worked in an office by myself.
Pros
working in the hospital
Cons
not being able to use my skills