MedOptions Employee Reviews

Flexible and challenging
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTSeptember 13, 2017
This job provides flexible hours and a chance to work with challenging populations. It offers autonomy in practice with a chance to collaborate with other disciplines in your facilities, if you initiate that collaboration. There is a lack of communication between clinicians and management. Clinicians in the field are unaware of staff changes at facilities until the last minute. Management seems overwhelmed with the growth of the company as we take on new facilities and cannot keep up relations with current facilities. This job is for someone who can practice in the field independently and are confident in their skills as a clinical/medical provider.
Pros
Flexible hours, autonomy in practice, challenging and rewarding population to work with
Cons
Poor communication from management, management seems overwhelmed, 4 regional manager changes in 3 yrs.
Overwhelming workplace
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Old Lyme, CTSeptember 6, 2017
Workplace atmosphere was overwhelming and stressful. In my department of scheduling they assumed we could take on more than we could do because upper management thought our department was expendable. I would work off the clock from home just to get the work done and then they added more on my plate. It cause problems at home and in my personal life away from the job
Great flexibility
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTAugust 27, 2017
The job provides good flexibility and good experiences on consulting liason psychiatry. ............
....
Overall good job....
......

.....

....

...
previously reviewed
Clincal Director (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Previously reviewed, Regional manager made the difference. I heard that the CEO said those lazy nurse practitioners need to work harder and stop complaining
Be wary
LCSW (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 2, 2017
I worked for this company for over a decade. Throughout that time I experienced ongoing negative changes which impacted the care of vulnerable clients.
Sadly, facilities who contract with medoptions are unaware of how clinicians are paid creating conflict. As a result, this sets up clinicians to be unable to meet facility expectations. Importantly, Med options continually decreases unit pay/ salary while increasing the amount of units required. As a result,
it is impossible to do what's required and make a signifigant standard of living. Due to the culture I have personally witnessed Med options management use of a divide and conquer method to manage / manipulate clinicians. Due to the minimal communication between clinicians, and staff this style of management is calculated.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Everything else
Growing Company
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 2, 2016
I have worked for MedOptions for several years and have watched the company grow, admittedly that can be difficult at times, it has been a move in the right direction. Striving to become a world class company is not easy. This has and will cause growing pains. Overall, the growth the company is experiencing is exciting.
Pros
I find my work professionally satisfying and rewarding.
Cons
Inconsistent communication to staff outside the support center.
Flexibility and opportunity
Psychologist, Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Mid-AtlanticOctober 14, 2016
I have been with MedOptions for over five years, and have been impressed with increased commitment to clinical consistency across the company. As a parent, I have enjoyed the flexibility of not having set appointments at my facilities. I have enjoyed growth with the company and look forward to more opportunities as we continue to service nursing homes and assisted living facilities across the country. As a manager, I have been impressed with our mentorship and training programs, which is flexible enough to allow for varying degrees of training required across clinicians.

This is not work for someone who requires a great deal of "hand holding," however, clinical and administrative support is there whenever I need it.
Pros
flexibility, independence
Exciting compay to work for
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 12, 2016
Proud to work for a company that is making a difference in the lives of the elderly. We have an amazing group of clinicians who are passionate about the work they do. The company is growing within our current states and to new states which is creating a lot of new opportunities.
Pros
co-workers, clinicians, growth, stability
Cons
communication could be improved
Good Place to Work
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTSeptember 28, 2016
Posting Insurance, Facility and Patient Payments
Team Meeting once a week
Great Co-workers - hardworking
Using two computer screens for electronic posting
Having a Job
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Working to make a difference
Manager (Current Employee) –  Old Lyme, CTSeptember 23, 2016
MedOptions is a rapidly growing organization with great potential. The company is striving for clinical excellence and realizes we will not be successful without the day to day contributions of our clinicians and support staff. The company is prioritizing recruitment, retention, and technology. During any company growth spurt challenges arise and we are certainly not short on things to accomplish. Overall the company creates the opportunity to be part of a team with the goal of improving the quality of life for residents of skilled nursing facilities and to be the national leader in behavioral health services.
Pros
Willing to change and focused on clinician effectiveness
Cons
Have to improve technology
Too much change
clinician (Current Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTJanuary 6, 2016
Change in ownership/management a few years ago has resulted in too much change without evidence to substantiate the rapid changes and lack of communication with employees.
Provides a valuable service.
Productive place to work
President (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 27, 2015
The best part of the job is the ability of helping people with injuries. We service the workers compensation market assisting injured workers obtain the medical and ancillary services they needed.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Short breaks
Change for the worst
Clinician (Current Employee) –  CTOctober 10, 2015
MedOptions is a shadow of the company it once was, having been an anchor of long term care expertise for difficult & challenging behaviors. And so much more. Founded by a nurse practitioner with a huge personality & reputable ( at the time) investors.
It's no longer about the clinical care & collaroation with the customer than it is about the almighty dollar.
Without scruple, this CEO uses fear as a persuasion weapon. Volatile is an understatement. He may mean well but his interpersonal skills are seriously lacking.
The past 6 months have continued to spike with voluntary resignations & alarmingly fast & unthorough hiring of anything that breathes.
Growing too fast without a great leader at the helm. Crash & burn seems imminent.
Walk on by this company...
Pros
Wonderful & meaningful relationships.
Cons
All of the below...
If you are considering working as a clinician for Med Options
Clinician (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 1, 2015
I have only one piece of advice:

DON'T!!!!

Unrealistic work load.
Profit is the primary motivator - not patient care.

DON'T WORK FOR MEDOPTIONS.
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTJune 24, 2014
processing of medical notes. Process intakes for clinicians / allied health care workers, data entry for BHH management and front office, and intake referrals.
Pros
Being available to help in all areas of the company
Cons
no cons
comrodery is terrible. you are watched all the time. uptight management.
nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  ctOctober 31, 2013
The administration for this company is extreamly poor. They do not treat their employes with respect. The are not mindful that employees have life outside of the company. Micromanagement is overwhelming. I wouldnt recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
none!
Cons
many. management is cut throat, unfriendly, and will fire you if you look at them the wrong way.

Comment – May 28, 2014

I concure 100%. The CEO of this company is not only rude, he is an embarrasment to the company. There was a 70% turn over in this company in 2013.

Learned alot
Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTAugust 8, 2013
Very busy company with cash posting for PA and MD. Previous coworkers taught me so much that I will be forever thankful.
Pros
Very busy so days went by fast
Cons
Lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedOptions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9