The Insurance and Billing Representative is primarily responsible for all billing and accounts receivable functions for his/hers assigned respective client account(s). The position will work closely with the Operational and Compliance Supervisor, Billing Specialist(s) and or President on receivable reports and work with the assigned client(s) offices in obtaining accurate health, worker’s compensation, and auto coverage information from their patients. The billing representative must have good organizational skills with attention to detail, excellent telephone technique and customer/patient rapport, and computer knowledge.
1) Education: High School Diploma
2) Experience; At least two years experience in medical third party billing. A new graduate from a certificate course in medical third party billing with exceptional references will be considered.
- Customer Service Orientated
- Excellent telephone techniques and rapport
- Accurate typing skills
- Computer knowledge required
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent organizations skills
- Knowledge and adherence to all HIPAA requirements