MedRisk, Inc Employee Reviews

Good but not a Great Job
Customer Advocate Professional (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 4, 2017
People that deserved to get ahead didn't and favoritism blinded management. If you don't like advancing in your job or career than Medrisk is a great job for you!
Ok
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 20, 2017
My time at MedRisk there were a lot of changes. Management and staff. I liked the aspect of the job but there was no structure. The staff was great! Like Family to me.
Best Job I have ever had
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 10, 2017
Simply the best people and best boss I have ever worked for. I love this company, the owner, the president, my boss and all the people I work with. I cannot say enough wonderful things
Horrible work life balance
Clinical Advocate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 2, 2017
Employees are not valued unless you know someone. Favoritism is insane. Extremely high turn over rate. Work load is unreasonable for one person. Atmosphere is negative.
Latest management methods & tools, great people
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 30, 2017
I worked at MedRisk for 4 years. I only left because someone approached me from another company with my dream job. Lots of great hard-working people. Used the latest tools and methodologies and had awesome upper management support. Decent benefits and a low stress place to work. Highly recommend.
Pros
Using the best tools and processes, great people
Cons
Benefits could be better
Simple job but poorly managed
Senior Customer Support Professional (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 9, 2017
The job is easy, answer phones and input data, but the management is terrible. They do little to no work but will chastise you if you're not living up to their expectations. They will hire just about anyone and are reluctant to let anyone go who doesn't work out.

The people you work with are typically fine with little to no real drama in the work place, but the management level is an exclusive clique and if you're not one of them you're never going to be. Advancement to the management level involves sacrificing your own beliefs and goals to fall in line with what the manager or director expects.
Pros
Decent benefits, decent pay
Cons
Poor management, little advancement oportunity
Company is on the decline
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 19, 2017
The company is steady on the decline. Management has no clue of the day to day processes or workload of their workers. They do not listen to their employees.
Processes are constantly changing before seeing if they are successful. The focus of increasing revenue within/for the company is virtually null.

New employees are not trained properly- therefore do not know how to do their jobs properly. There is no management training for newly transitioned employees into management. So there is no guidance from Leads to their subordinates-the blind leading the blind.

There is blatant favoritism & nepotism within the company and in certain departments resulting in unqualified or under qualified employees getting promoted, special favors for "liked" employees while others are targeted.

The health insurance is designed for maximum out of pocket employee expense. It is not geared for an employee with a family. Only certain departments have good incentive programs for their group.
Pros
Casual dress, flexible working hours, nice people
Cons
underappreciated employees, high turn around rate
A real good place to work
Senior Business Analyst/ScrumMaster (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 9, 2017
A real good place to work. They invest in good tools for all their employees. Pay is reasonable. Nice casual work environment. Ability to wear jeans and sneakers.
Pros
Flex hours, good tools
Cons
Smaller sized company
Medical Billing Company
Electronic Claims Recruiter/ Network Coordinator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 9, 2017
Medical Billing Company that continues to grow and provides assistance to different insurance companies in regards to Worker's Compensation.
Great Work Environment
Anonoymous (Current Employee) –  AnonoymousApril 21, 2015
I love going to work every day. My supervisor is great! I have amazing people in my department. It's a really good rewarding job.
Pros
Great people, great culture
Cons
None!
Work flow good at the beging, went down hill the last 3 year
Bill Review Coordinator, Team Lead, (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 9, 2014
Not working at this time, layedoff 11-2-12

a typical day very busy

learned other jobs in my department so i can fill in when needed

work very close to my co-work being at MedRisk for 12 years we became very close like a family

the hardest part was when some people wouldn't pull there weight

the enjoyable time was when i help co-worker solve a problem and help the client with any issues they had
Pros
when MedRisk gave us free lunch, christmas party and bonus
Cons
when they laid me off after 12 years, out sort our jobs
Company no longer in business
Security Analyst/Infrastructure Change Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 11, 2013
Company no longer in business - business is and split into two separate companies.
Great work place
Data Entry Coordinator (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 6, 2013
Working for this company is great. Compensation / Benefits, Job Security / Advancement are great. There are a lot of friendly and outgoing co workers here at MedRisk.
Unprofessional Company
A/R Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 2, 2013
MedRisk is a terrible company to work for on any level. The collections department is the worst. They don't have any real trainers or the proper training instructional manuals, very unorganized and unprofessional. This a very cutthroat and uncaring company, and they will let you go in a minute, with out any notice. All they care about is how to use you for their short term purpose, then let you go when they fill like it. Do not work for this unprofessional place, stay far away. Collectively, we need to fight and organize around "At Will Employment." Companies like this use this tactic to let you go for any reason they deem necessary, unjustly or not.
Pros
nice building
Cons
very unprofessional, lack organizationa skills, and no clear visions
MedRisk Is Total Mess! Stay Away!
N/A (Former Employee) –  King Of Prussia, PADecember 12, 2012
MedRisk seems like a great company to work for during the first few weeks of being there, you quickly learn that is far from the truth. Management does not value their employees, the overall morale is just sad. There is no structure or accountability from executive management down to hourly employees. The computer systems they use are horrible, they crash and interrupt your work almost daily. Raises? Ha! Their max is 2% YEARLY. Promotions? Only if you know the right person...your qualifications have nothing to do with your success at this company. MedRisk has done a few lay offs and shipped those jobs over seas. Do your self a favor, stay away!
Pros
nice building, free parking
Cons
everything.
Busy and fun work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PaSeptember 17, 2012
My experience there was fairly ok. The staff were friendly, however the management weren't too nice. They weren't mean either but not very nice. The company has a high turn overrate, and I wouldn't recommend anyone to get too comfortable.
Pros
parties, fair compensation, healthcare benefits.
Cons
no growth
The largest managed care PPO of its kind in the Workers' Comp field
Mktg. Event Planner (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 25, 2012
MedRisk actively recruits the best and brightest talent to help keep its leader status in the Workers' Comp Industry.