MedSpring Urgent Care

MedSpring Urgent Care United States Employee Reviews

Worst Place To Work
Xray Technologist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: 3 day shifts (but they still call you all the time on off days to work because everyone is quitting)
Cons: being a medspring employee. horrible!
This company treats RTs (xray techs) really bad. The pay is way below the area average & you do the work of an RN, RT, secretary, insurance specialist, & janitor - just to name a few. I agree with the other reviews on this site, the negative ones that is, because they are completely accurate. The old HR lady quit & the new girl that replaced her is completely clueless. The on-boarding experience after I received a job offer was horrendous & she couldn't even get my offer letter right. They have such high turnover for xray techs & that's why they are listing this job opening again. That's a big sign! I would never work here unless I was starving & desperate to keep a roof over my head. There are far better, higher paying companies to work for in this area. The area director Rachel said she would have our backs & would not let anyone mistreat the RTs but that's not true. Read the job posting again, they want you to be the main clinical person & administer medications. This is outside of the scope of an RT's license & they should be hiring the proper personnel to do specific job duties instead of making the RT do everything. You get no breaks & it can be hard to even go to the bathroom. You work 13 hours plus some & run back & forth from the front desk to the back taking care of patients. Most days it's just you & the doctor. Cannot say it enough! Do not be fooled by Rachel or HR! Worst place to work as an xray tech that I've ever encountered.
Horrible Place To Work
RT (Former Employee), HoustonDecember 7, 2013
Pros: 13 hour shifts
Cons: your 13 hours is spent at medspring
The positive reviews are from corporate and customer service, who aren't at the facilities.......ever. In order to be successful at this company you have to be selfish. Whether it's towards your patients, or your coworkers. A couple of people are team players, but for the most part it's a lot of CYA. The company treats patients like cattle wanting them to be in and out in under an hour. Which is difficult at times when there is only one person in the back. One person to do vitals, screening, coding, collect payment, collect surveys, and discharge every patient. That person must also do labs, eye exams, xrays, drug screens, IVs, blood draws, draw and administer immunizations, and breath alcohol testing as needed. Sometimes there will be two in the back, but they will call as soon as there is a slow period and send whoever is going to get overtime that week home. 5 centers in Houston with only 3 people willing to be a center leader, and the HR lady quit recently. I could go on for hours, but you get my point.
Medspring
Customer Service Representative here (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 19, 2013
Pros: great pay, great work schedule, great bosses
Cons: co-worker are very militant towards each other
A day on the job was great I love the experience of helping patients with their needs and wants and just to be able to multitask, and work fast to get the job done in under 2 minutes is a great experience.
RT (Former Employee), HoustonMay 6, 2013
Pros: schedule
Cons: short/no breaks, management
I must say that i agree, there is no misleading information in that review. majority of what was said is true. As Clinical staff, this job can almost be unbearable. Breaks are not guaranteed, ever, the RT does in fact do 80+% of the work in the back office (thats if you have an excellent host with you if not, 90% of work) and that DOES include everything listed in 1 of the previous reviews. Also CLINICAL staff most days does consist only of an RT and DR, no matter what the volume of patients may be for that day (sometimes MAs). That does mean majority of patients will recieve they're shots, IVs, flu shots etc from an XRAY tech. Theres no discussion, the truth will come out eventually. Ask staff turn around rates and thats a definite answer to whether a company operates well.
Great company, great culture
corporate employee (Current Employee), Austin, TexasMarch 22, 2013
Company really cares of about doing the right thing for employees and patients. You can tell that the people here like each other and enjoy coming to work. While the company has grown, it still has a "start-up" feel with lots of energy and a willingness to take chances on people and try new things.
Love it
Host (Current Employee), AustinMarch 22, 2013
The centers and co-workers are great. It is hard work, but very rewarding.
Not A great place to work for, wouldn't recommend to anyone unless in serious financial bind
Rad tech (Former Employee), AustinDecember 5, 2012
Pros: 3 days a week (even though they call you on day's off constantly)
Cons: everything else
Severely under staffed, over worked, under paid, the main (only) clinical staff in back is rad tech and dr. Meaning rad tech does EVERYTHING for every patient, ex: vitals, X-ray, iv, Medication administration, discharge, billing, coding, supply and inventory, payments, even check in and insurance. literally everything. No NURSES!!!! (would you prefer a RN or a Xray tech giving your 2 year old a shot?) most patients are unaware So all staff is titles "clinicians". I've been told they recently added few MA's floating between several locations. Most days no breaks because there's no coverage for clinical staff, no leaving for breaks, at all for clinical staff. Also frequent changes to schedule without prior notice or discussion.

April 9, 2013

I am an employee, not any kind of management, of MedSpring and there are several misleading statements in the comment above. All staff has their title on their name badges, they state if the individual is a RT, RN, MA, MD, etc. This can be seen by anyone that visits one of the centers. Also, there is always a staff member that is working the front desk to welcome in patients and obtain the needed information, while there is dedicated clinical staff in the back. All the items listed above as a responsibility is not performed by one person and one person everyone. MedSpring is a team and responsibilities may shift, be you are never alone. The items listed above are quite an exaggeration of the whole. The support system is amazing. I have worked front desk in medical offices for over a decade and I can tell you that if you have ever worked the front, you would be shocked at how much support there is for the team.

May 6, 2013

there is no exaggeration to that review. Totally true> Truly overworked, understaffed, under paid RTS. that other person must be host or management. they even denied the truth like "management" does on the website, same avoiding the subject wording. ha