MedSpring Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Urgent Care Physician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2017
Great and hard working employees, team mentality. Patient satisfaction is a priority and sets it apart from competitors. Competitive compensation, benefits are good.
Balance of work and home life
Medical Assistant/X-Ray Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 7, 2017
The company is great. Management works well with you to take any time that is needed for yourself or others in your family. Time requested off doesn't have to include PTO time. The schedule can always be rearrange to accommodated anyone needs.
Pros
Cons
three day work week
Very heavy work load at times very little management support
Provider (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
They are all about their outward appearance. They want fast patient turn around with little support. They monitor surveys and do not care what employee says or how hard they are working its all about cya and talk behind your back. They provide very little training or guidance for any new venture they decide to take. Compensation is inadequate and they have a very high turn over due to this and due to lack of career development on their part.
Pros
organized envoirnment
Cons
Lack of support and career development
awful
Radiologic Technologist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MASeptember 23, 2016
awful terrible disgusting ridiculous. do not ever ever work here. you will be treated like cheap slave labor. i dont want to even was 20 words describing this company but the website is making me.
asks too much from employees
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2016
it expects employees to be on call almost every week and they will call you for sure, it expects employees to never call in or they will get a write up
Urgent care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2016
This company is true fast and convenient health care. They are well organized and allow opportunities for everyone that works there. I recommend this company to anyone that is searching for a good experience with the health care world.
Okay Pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2016
Long hours and badly paid and 4 days on and 4 days off are okay and lunch will be provided some times and mangement are horrible there and dont treat everyone the same and can pick the hours they work
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Hours
Fancy Window Dressing...but....
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2015
So, this is NOT the place that anyone with experience needs to even apply to. They are much more concerned with herding patients in and out in under 45 minutes. There is no on site management- good luck contacting someone that responds.
This is the type of facility that rookies need to go and learn the ropes of their professions, but don't stay long! It will suck the life right out of you.
The training is a laugh. 5 days and you are on your own. You literally may work by yourself with just a doctor-you never know.
Turnover and morale is RIDICULOUS! There are SO many people that call off, they have to close offices because they cannot staff them. Corporate is much more concerned about opening new offices than making sure the current ones are actually functioning ok.
They also dangle the 3 day work week in front of you like a piece of candy. Forget it- it never is only 3 days a week. Your days off are interrupted constantly by corporate begging you to work on your days off....learn to shut off your phone like I do!
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
Everything else!
Great Place Depending on the Department
Clinical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2015
MedSpring has the potential to be an amazing place to work but is experiencing some growing pains with lower level management. A lot of the employees are very nice and helpful. They have regular socials to try to foster a positive environment. The pay in entry level positions is a little low, but if you can stick it out the company is growing so fast there is bound to be opportunities. The CEO is really nice, too.
Pros
Approachable CEO, Growing Emphasis on Company Culture
Cons
Poor Lower-Level Management, Overworked, Underpaid
Great company with flexible hours
RT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2015
Medspring is a great company to work for. They are quickly expanding and the management is easy to work with. The downside to working here is that the compensation is not that great and they regulations or company policies can be somewhat exhausting. They do provide support if you are struggling with these policies.
I loved working at Medspring.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2015
Medspring Urgent Care is a great place to work. I believe the best thing about Medspring is working 3 days a week and 4 off you have time to take care of personal affairs with out having to take off.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
No lunch breaks
co workers were helpful, most of them.
RT(R) MA, Facilities, billing, ins, gopher. (Former Employee) –  illJune 23, 2015
I have been in healthcare half my life, and I've never experienced an organization like Medspring. My training was 5 13 hour shifts in a row. Who can learn when your exhausted? Not me. I am an RT and took a $7.00 an hr cut in pay cuz the 3 days a week seemed doable at first, but the honeymoon was very short lived. I was reprimanded by management I spend too much time with the patients. Sorry, I'm old school. Pt quality not quantity. I was told 5 minutes to triage, that's impossible. No breaks is the norm, and you see HR and Director walking to Portillos, not asking would you like something. As stated above, RT's aren't schooled and o give injections or dispense meds. That's a Pharmacy course, I know anatomy. I learned to give a shot by grabbing here and hit it. Really?? The 1st injection I gave the poor patient know what hit him. It was hard, really hard. I gave an incorrect injection to a patient due to being really really busy and alone. Written up, fine. I had no clue. And one important thing. If your really injured or in terrible pain, don't bother coming to Medspring. They're strongest pain med is Tylenol. Omg.
I'm sure management knows who is writing this, and maybe that's a good thing. Learn from this Management, and maybe get more staff or an occasional RN, xray people dont like giving shots. If we did we would be Nurses!
Pros
that i no longer am employed there.
Cons
i miss most of my peeps, and i promise you they will follow me out. Miss my Docs, but thankful im gone.
Very fast paced
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 26, 2015
Med Spring Corporate office could really be a GREAT place to work if they had some TRUE ORGANIZED TRAINERS!!
Also there are too many "Chefs and not enough Indians". So if you think about going aboard with the "Corporate Office" be aware of that. Other than that the actual urgent care facilities are the BEST in the Urgent care world. Fun friendly people and great clean atmosphere.
Pros
3 day on - 4 days off
Cons
ONLY 3- 15 minute breaks on a 13.5 shifts EVERYDAY!! NO LUNCHES
Great place to work with fun staff
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2015
I loved working at Medspring. I worked with a lot of great and funny people who were very smart at their job. There was a lot of support here.
Worst Place To Work
Xray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2014
This company treats RTs (xray techs) really bad. The pay is way below the area average & you do the work of an RN, RT, secretary, insurance specialist, & janitor - just to name a few. I agree with the other reviews on this site, the negative ones that is, because they are completely accurate. The old HR lady quit & the new girl that replaced her is completely clueless. The on-boarding experience after I received a job offer was horrendous & she couldn't even get my offer letter right. They have such high turnover for xray techs & that's why they are listing this job opening again. That's a big sign! I would never work here unless I was starving & desperate to keep a roof over my head. There are far better, higher paying companies to work for in this area. The area director Rachel said she would have our backs & would not let anyone mistreat the RTs but that's not true. Read the job posting again, they want you to be the main clinical person & administer medications. This is outside of the scope of an RT's license & they should be hiring the proper personnel to do specific job duties instead of making the RT do everything. You get no breaks & it can be hard to even go to the bathroom. You work 13 hours plus some & run back & forth from the front desk to the back taking care of patients. Most days it's just you & the doctor. Cannot say it enough! Do not be fooled by Rachel or HR! Worst place to work as an xray tech that I've ever encountered.
Pros
3 Day Shifts (but they still call you all the time on off days to work because everyone is quitting)
Cons
Being a MedSpring employee. Horrible!
Horrible Place To Work
RT (Former Employee) –  HoustonDecember 7, 2013
The positive reviews are from corporate and customer service, who aren't at the facilities.......ever. In order to be successful at this company you have to be selfish. Whether it's towards your patients, or your coworkers. A couple of people are team players, but for the most part it's a lot of CYA. The company treats patients like cattle wanting them to be in and out in under an hour. Which is difficult at times when there is only one person in the back. One person to do vitals, screening, coding, collect payment, collect surveys, and discharge every patient. That person must also do labs, eye exams, xrays, drug screens, IVs, blood draws, draw and administer immunizations, and breath alcohol testing as needed. Sometimes there will be two in the back, but they will call as soon as there is a slow period and send whoever is going to get overtime that week home. 5 centers in Houston with only 3 people willing to be a center leader, and the HR lady quit recently. I could go on for hours, but you get my point.
Pros
13 hour shifts
Cons
Your 13 hours is spent at MedSpring
Medspring
Customer Service Representative here (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2013
A day on the job was great I love the experience of helping patients with their needs and wants and just to be able to multitask, and work fast to get the job done in under 2 minutes is a great experience.
Pros
Great pay, great work schedule, great bosses
Cons
Co-worker are very militant towards each other
RT (Former Employee) –  HoustonMay 6, 2013
I must say that i agree, there is no misleading information in that review. majority of what was said is true. As Clinical staff, this job can almost be unbearable. Breaks are not guaranteed, ever, the RT does in fact do 80+% of the work in the back office (thats if you have an excellent host with you if not, 90% of work) and that DOES include everything listed in 1 of the previous reviews. Also CLINICAL staff most days does consist only of an RT and DR, no matter what the volume of patients may be for that day (sometimes MAs). That does mean majority of patients will recieve they're shots, IVs, flu shots etc from an XRAY tech. Theres no discussion, the truth will come out eventually. Ask staff turn around rates and thats a definite answer to whether a company operates well.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Short/No breaks, Management
Great company, great culture
corporate employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasMarch 22, 2013
Company really cares of about doing the right thing for employees and patients. You can tell that the people here like each other and enjoy coming to work. While the company has grown, it still has a "start-up" feel with lots of energy and a willingness to take chances on people and try new things.
Love it
Host (Current Employee) –  AustinMarch 22, 2013
The centers and co-workers are great. It is hard work, but very rewarding.