MedStaff Inc. Employee Reviews

gifts
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2017
The job was relaxing, but the clients i work with did my work first then had time to relax and get to know the family. Was a special family with all mt clients
Pros
cups bags with job name
Cons
break when can
At home positiion
Recruiter / Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 12, 2017
Was a at home position that did not allow me to be successful at this position. Was thrown off by several projects that impaired my ability to perform day to day responsibilities.
Pros
at home
Cons
too many meetings
over all job opportunity for all
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CASeptember 9, 2017
I highly recommend this agency to work for if you are a person that needs to work and is willing to work. They give the opportunity to new grads and people that want to see different levels the nursing field!
Pros
work available to your needs
benefits
Lots of work opportunities, Very supportive
Registered Nurse/Travel (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL USAMay 10, 2017
MedStaff is an amazing US nursing travel agencies. They are one of the largest and truly support their nurses. I highly recommend traveling with them.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2016
Great company to work for. Always work available great staff. Helpful and family oriented. Home healthcare staffing but you always have someone to reach if you need assistance.
I got to make my own hours
PCT/ Telemetry Tech/ Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 1, 2016
Working with a staffing company was a little different at first but soon I became at home there. I got lots of work ranging from emergency technician to PCT in ICU at St. Joseph Hospital, Orange coast and Fountain Valley Memorial. I feel I got at lot of experience during my time there.
Fun place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAApril 22, 2016
It was a fun and busy place to work. The mentality was work hard play hard. Hard work produced generous compensation as it was a commissioned position. At the time I worked at MedStaff there was opportunity for growth. They have since been bought out by Cross Country Healthcare.
Pros
The people
Cons
Company downsized after Cross Country take over
Fun, Adventurous, Nice people to work for
PRN, RN (Agency) (Current Employee) –  California and PhoenixNovember 10, 2015
Med Staff helped me grow as a person and a Case Manager. They were able to find me opportunities that led me to a greater one.
Pros
good compensation and communication
Cons
Traveling nursing which can be exhausting
A great staff
Medical Records Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 23, 2015
All of the representatives were incredible, knowledgeable and proactive in finding positions that truly fit my skill set.
Pros
Great staff and market level pay
Cons
A typical day as a dialysis tech at Medstaff is exciting, demanding,important and I always feel needed.
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago,IlSeptember 24, 2015
Working for Medstaff has been a great experience considering this was my first time working for an agency as a dialysis tech its a demanding position help is always needed I've always felt important
for role in helping to maintain life. One of my dislikes working for an agency is the cancellation of your assignment.
Pros
meeting new people not having to deal with politics
Cons
short breaks, the cancellation of assignementsing
very accomidating staff
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 21, 2015
Staff is very helpful and accomidating always fullfiling job schedules and helping in any sort of way to provide us with execellent work inviorments.
Great 1st job.
Consultant Associate (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMay 17, 2015
Great 1st job out of school. Really taught me a lot about time management and 1 aspect of the healthcare business. Its under a bigger company, Cross Country Staffing, which seems very disorganized and because the bigger company seems disorganized the smaller branch offices look unprofessional. Overall pay for the first job does not suck, you just end up keeping in mind that you don't get paid that much to put up with some of the headaches. There really isn't a supervisor above you that is willing to help you out too much. Great work and personal life balance.
a great learning experience
Prolab Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Windcrest, TXApril 28, 2015
always loved going to work; interacting with patients and staff. great skills in a great field, loved traveling and co workers are always there to help!
Pros
great pay and rembursement
Cons
overnight shifts only
i dont know
C.N.A/Sitter (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMarch 8, 2015
medstaff is a great company I enjoyed working there. unfortunately o could not get enough hours ro stay with them
work with you on locaqtions
keep good record of all your hours
will help you in anyway if you need it
Days never ended
Accounts Manager/Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 2, 2015
I was on call 24/7. No matter what you did it was never good enough for management. Clients were happy with what I was doing but not happy with the way the corporation had me running things.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Sea Tac, WADecember 1, 2014
Assisted with receiving, put stock away, pulled from shelves for transfers to other stores for their stock, and packaged items and shipped orders out using UPS, USPS and FedEx. Cataloged orders in Excel. Maintained and updated filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer. Answered correspondence, and prepared outgoing mail. Operated office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers. Trained other staff members to perform work activities, such as using computer applications. Answered telephones, directed calls, and took messages
Pros
Cons
Low pay rate
FAST onboarding
RN NICU Level 2, 3 and 4 Minneapolis Children's (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 13, 2014
Did not take their housing or benefits, so cannot comment on that.

Great Pay, never a mistake on paycheck.

Facility was the best.

No problems at all.

Great communication.
Pros
Quick onboarding, great communications.
Cons
None, I only did one assignment with them
very good support of employees
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  1000 Van Ness Ave. San Franacisco Ca. 94103September 26, 2014
I was mostly working for hospitals when they were short staffed. The staff was good at supporting us workers. I was perfectly happy with my job assignments. the hardest part was commuting when I didn't have a car. But overall, it was a rewarding job experience.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
Financial Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAAugust 12, 2014
Very fast paced office, I love the fact that I can do such a variety of tasks.
Pros
Close to home, Love helping people
Cons
No benefits, no room for advancement.
Medstaff Travel Nurse
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAJune 19, 2014
There are so many things that I learned as a travel nurse, but by far the most important was to be a patient advocate.
As and ICU travel nurse the expectation is that you can float to multiple units, as well as non ICU floors. If I was unfamiliar with the patient population, I focused on giving the best care possible and speaking to the patients needs. This included being floated to a rehab unit. I was completely out of my element and feeling a bit flustered. A patient redirected my attention and changed my perspective of nursing.
I was nervous and unsure of how to transfer a quadriplegic patient. He said, "If you can get someones heart to start again, you can pick a guy off the floor if you drop him." This lesson taught me that patients are first and foremost individuals and that we are all vulnerable, making the nurse to patient relationship one of collaboration and advocacy.