MedStar Georgetown University Hospital

MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Employer Reviews

Learning in itself
Catering Service Employee (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: when school is closed, the adavntage is dietary employees stay home as well.
Cons: policy states children are noot to have two meal in one setting within the meal program.
This was my first employment where I was not mature in the begining. I've learned to maneuver as others and caring for children, how to be responsible in a timely fashion while diligently handling all types of personalities.
Clean friendly environment
Medical Assistant Thoracic and General Surgery (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free 30 minute break
Cons: commute and parking, and high parking fee
The most enjoyable part of the job is the diverse co-workers make it a friendly environment.
productive and fun
Pre-certification Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: long breaks fun atmosphere
Cons: health care
great time learned a lot hdshdvsvsvbsfvsfvsvsvsuhvszfvsfvfSvfvfvvvkbhjvlhbv/LSJvh?Lhn?Lhn?LSjnvfdbnvD?NJbvlbnjdlfnbzljnbvl
Love my co-workers. I work in a small office and get along great with the other employees.
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great location for me
Cons: management
Overall it is a pretty good job. However, I find it difficult to have a great work/life balance. I'm at work at 7:35 in the morning and don't leave sometimes until 8 pm at least 3 days/week. I also feel like management does not appreciate the time I dedicate to this job.
Productive and fast paced work environment with massage chair
Central Scheduling Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 28, 2014
It takes a strong individual to be apart of a call center "family!"
Exciting career
Suite Attendant (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great diverse group of employee that work as a team to get the job done effiicently.
Cons: inconsistantcy and too many bosses that are not qualified
Working in the operating room had expanded my knowledge in the healthcare industy and inspired me to pursue a career as a nurse in the operating room. At Medstar Georgetown University w'ere like family and work together to accomplish our number one goal, which is ensuring that the patient has a safe procedure and quick recovery.
Arlington location should be reported for unfair labor laws
Claims Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 5, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers, great health benefits, generous compensation
Cons: poor management, unrealistic quotas, more work than employees can process
The Hospital and the Billing Offices are at two different locations and the atmospheres are two different worlds. The billing offices are all about quotas. The quality of your work does not matter only the quantity. I can't count how many employees have left the billing offices to either join the hospital staff or find a new career all together. Management does not take the time to properly train you but you are still expected to perform accurately. They don't take into consideration that some processes take longer than others to complete; all they want to see is that their numbers were completed. They want you to make up any time that you take off from work even if you have accumulated the leave hours. I was marked as unscheduled leave when metro closed due to the snowy weather and so many hours of unscheduled leave gets you a write up. Metro was my only way to work so I should not have been punished for that. They all around abuse their power. Apply to the hospital in DC not the billing offices in Arlington VA.
Productive and People working together.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch or dinner. good healthcare.
Coming in to the organization ready to be productive though out the day. At that time I learned how to cook and have even better eating habits. My management team at that time was very helpful and knowledgeable. Always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of my day was seeing the sick young patients. And the most enjoyable was working with my patients.
awesome
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Arlington, VANovember 21, 2014
love the company great place to work. management is really friendly and understanding.
very productive
Patient Finical Associate (Former Employee), washington d.cNovember 19, 2014
The receptionist is often the first person a company’s customers and clients meet or speak to. As well as being the face of a business receptionists are often responsible for a range of administrative tasks.

What does a Receptionist do?
Welcome visitors to a company, answer phone calls which come through to the office, manage meeting room bookings, maintain relationships with suppliers and order supplies for the smooth running of the office in conjunction with the Office Manager.
How did your career progress and what training or requirements do you need?
Training and belief in customer service skills, ability to work autonomously, and a solid work ethic are imperative. Personality attributes such as being polite and quick to act are also a major asset.
Describe a typical day...
A typical day at reception starts with getting the client facing side of the operation up and running. Next comes opening and delivery of mail, meeting room overview and allocation, switchboard operation, minor office management and admin duties such as fault reporting, filing/uploading data and ordering of supplies. Most of the day involves warmly welcoming client and candidates, seeing to their needs, taking them through paperwork and providing refreshments. As a receptionist, you are the go-to person for everyone in the office from the director to the cleaner, and facilitate all sorts of things that all have a big impact on the seamless running of the business!
What is the one piece of advice you would give to someone who wants to get into the field?
My piece of advice is to treat the role of receptionist as a profession. A great receptionist is an asset to a company, and we are often promoted to team administrators, secretarial and sometimes HR, and eventually to office managers. Create and manage your own networks and demonstrate the values of the company and you will be taken seriously and looked after.
Helping people in need is always rewarding
Patient Financial Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: helping people, higher pay compared to area hospitals
Cons: outdated facility, some department management, limited growth
Hospital work isn't for everyone. Upside saving lives, downside as a financial associate I would have to turn away (non critical) patients if deemed unable to pay.
Life as an OB Tech
OB Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: wonderful staff
Cons: have to pay for parking as an employee
As a current OB Tech working at Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, I have come to grow and love some of the most wonderful people I work with. The entire staff is very caring and put the patients and their families first and foremost in every decision that they make.

We work as a team and every effort is made to make sure that the patient's safety and the safety of her newborn child is accomplished.

As an OB Tech, I work side by side with the nurses and doctors. I help obtain vital signs and help in assisting with other needs when asked.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to have that one on one connection with the patient and her family. I can start off by helping in the delivery of her baby and then continuing with her care when transported to the Mother/Baby Unit. You get to the parents and the families and a bond is created. I may play a small part, but when you get a hug and they say thank you, it makes my small part seem huge.
productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 2, 2014
Its a great place to work and I am able to give our patients a caring experience within our department
This "Culture" isnt for everyone
Patient registration assocaite (Current Employee), washington, dcOctober 22, 2014
Pros: the great co-workers you may meet.
Cons: all about a name, nothing else matters.
I started working here in 2011. At first it was okay but then you started to see the reall Georgetown. Besides the name, there is nothing. Most of management is only into belittling their employees, especially most of the doctors. The staff I met is the only thing that keeps me around, and even that is on ice. The teamwork isn't there and we have many unsatisfied patients do to the lack of following up. This is a culture where there is no diversity, if you have an opinion you can say it, but it doesn't matter anyway, and about its employees and looking good on the outside. Bottom line, anyone with a strong persona, do not work here.
My Profile
Central Scheduling Associate/Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 17, 2014
Detailed-oriented, organized administrative professional with solid experience in the medical field seeking an advanced position to utilize my analytical skills and problem solving ability. Career advancement and company growth are of my highest priorities in my next role
NICE PLACE TO WORK
INSURANCE ANALYST/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), ARLINGTON, VASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: job security
NICE PLACE TO WORK, GOOD BENEFITS AND 40 HOURS A WEEK OR MORE. LOCATION CLOSE TO METRO STOP
My experience
MRI Technologist (PRN) (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 23, 2014
Pros: great job/life balance, compensation is good and fair, good management that is willing to help and train you where needed
Cons: really can't think of any
I loved working there, overall good management, good staff and opportunities to grow. Only resigned due to health issues
MGUH
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 18, 2014
MGUH is a very fast pace environment. There are so many thing to learn. The staff is excellent to work with.
fun place
Hyperbaric Chamber Operator (Current Employee), DCAugust 15, 2014
lloked forward to going to work everyday. Great co-workers
Nice area
Director Biomedical Engineering (Current Employee), Washington DCAugust 13, 2014
Great place to work, workers are engage with day to day operations.
Graet doctors and nurses.

1 2 3 4 5

About MedStar Georgetown University Hospital

MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in – Read more