MedStar Georgetown University Hospital

MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Employee Reviews

alright
phlebotomy (Former Employee), 3800 reservoir rd nw washington dc 20007August 3, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no appreciation to employees by mangmt
very crowdwed andunorganized, management does not appreciate employees. but on the other hand this hospital have good benefits to employees but have not seen any future plan for employees.
I loved working in the hospital the job was very rewarding
Patient Accounts Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Management
The management was not a good fit for me. Yet, the job itself was very rewarding. My co-workers were great and the hospital staff all around were a delight.
Very Nice place
Nursing Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 7, 2015
Pros: career advance ment
Cons: short breaks
Great opportunity to advance in your career a and get a job and in job ! Very educational place to learn and study! Co workers very smart!
family friendly environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 22, 2015
The opportunities given to me, have allowed me to grow in the professional environment. I have thoroughly enjoyed the time with my co workers, superiors and doctors,
Great Place
Clinical Oncology/Research Pharmacist (Former Employee), Georgetown, DCJune 18, 2015
Greatly enjoyed working at Georgetown. The pharmacy staff was extremely friendly, and easy to work with. It was a great team, with a great management staff.
Love the work I do.
CLINICAL NURSE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 16, 2015
Love what I do and the patients I serve. Awesome doctors, nurses and techs. Every new patient is a new adventure, even if I'm doing the same procedure. Cutting edge technology and the best doctors surrounded by a strong team. However, there is a lot of administrative changes that do not benefit, but hinder the work flow.
love the work place
Inventory Management Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 29, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: parking
love it and have no complaints. best job i ever worked at. love the staff the management teams and best of all the benifits
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee), Washington DCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Annual increase, gift cards, good insurance
Cons: Parking space
Good corporate culture.
Shared information through meetings, emails and publications.
Excellent co-workers, we all get along well
Constant stream of patients but that is a good thing.
Employee moral in the gutter
Provider Enrollment (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 26, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Medstar bought out Georgetown
First, let me say that I am not a disgruntle worker. I am speaking nothing but the wholehearted truth. I have worked in the billing department for many years and in all my years of working I have never – more... experience such un-professionalism, favoritism, cut-throat unethical place of employment. Don't be fooled by the name "Georgetown". Since Medstar bought Georgetown it has gone down hill. I gave my two week notice before finding another job because I value my health and sanity over a paycheck. It is utterly disgusting to say the least. – less
Great managers I ever worked with, empowering.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 20, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Busy and emotionally tasking
Always be empathetic and focused towards my patients.
Helpful in the day to day activities of the unit.
Team work and good relationships
Emotionally tasking
The collaboration of care.
Poor work home life balance
Interventional Radiology Nurse Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 2, 2015
Our days our busy and we are floated throughout the Radiology department which has been great for learning a variety of procedures. I enjoy the physcians and support staff who I work with. Unfortunately – more... we work long hours and call as well. We also are not allowed to plan vacations more than 3 months in advance which has been disappointing. I enjoy the patient population and the work enviroment however the vacation restrictions and long hours have become problematic. – less
Review Summary
BMES II (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 13, 2015
Daily rounds, repairs.
Learned how an organization should work through witnessing trial-and-error.
Management could be more clear on how operations are running.
Co-workers are set in their ways and are not open to change/innovation.
Hardest part of the job is not quitting on the spot.
Most enjoyable is going home.
Provides excellent medical care to patients.
Full-time Intensive Care Unit RN (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 11, 2015
Georgetown University Hospital was a great place to work- I really enjoyed working with all the staff and doctors. The atmosphere was devoted to providing superior medical care to patients.
better management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 30, 2015
very high turn over in the department of surgery
underpaid for the position , management not supported
and does not help to solve the overall problem
People Oriented Oranization
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: The organiation gives everyone a $10 to spend at the cafteriea for their birthdays, a picnic in the spring and giant gift cards in the fall.
Cons: the gap between physicians, VPs and general staff is by far the largest. It is the have and the have nots.
The organization is people and customer oriented, which is a plus. Typical day is working to keep the flow of paperwork going and answering questions of employees and customers who call. Management are great people to work with and co-workers are mostly professional as well.
GROWTH WAS UNLIMITED
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: EVERYTHING
Cons: NONE
I started at Georgetown as a agency worker. Within @ weeks time I was pulled for a full time position. Administration was heard loud and clear yet very approachable. I enjoyed my opportunity with Georgetown very much. They became my @nd family. I had a family member in every department. IT WAS THE BEST PLACE TO WORK!
Structured and helpful work environment
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 22, 2015
As a student worker, I was mainly responcible for organizing and updating paper work, documents for patients, and scanning and importing patient files. I maintained the files in all the clinics, making – more... sure ever drawer was stocked with necessary documents. I did clinical observations and conducted monthly hand hygiene checks for the clinical staff/personnel. The management was very helpful, and I worked not only with the office personnel, but the MD's nurse practitioners, and medical assistants. The job was not difficult, since I learn quickly. I loved the feeling of being able to help out, wherever I was needed even if the task was somewhat outside of my job description. – less
Ok job.
Health Information Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 12, 2015
I liked my job here. I enjoyed the work that I was entrusted to do. I enjoyed working with medical records and all that it entailed.
Fun, exciting and educational
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: reduced lunch, great benefits, conferences and seminars, great staff.
I worked in wound care and I was thrilled to go to work everyday. Although I was extremely tired at the end of the day I could not wait to go back. The management team sent emails every morning with things – more... we needed to know to effectively work together. There was a very organized system in place. I loved everyone of my coworkers and superiors. We had amazing benefits and a lot of after hour fun. Due to relocating I was not able to stay there and was hired through a temp agency. I'd recommend Georgetown university hospital to anyone. I learned how to removed sutures, assisted with Apligrafts and other skin grafts. I learned a lot about surgical instruments, I even learned how to apply a wound vac and tcc cast. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Workers' Compensation Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 2, 2015
Many experiences are gained by working at this hospital. This is a great teaching institution. Residents and nurse interns gain intense training and knowledge working here.