MedStar Georgetown University Hospital

MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Employee Reviews

Medical enviroment exciting place
Oncology Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 24, 2017
working in the medical field is fun and exciting and excellent learning place. I enjoyed the people and ive learn so much here its also a place were you can grow and move around in different departments.
Poor management, high turnover rate, nice staff, managable job
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2017
Your workload will be high because they are never fully staffed partly due to poor management and partly due to job related stress. Nice job security here though but chances are you wont stay long bc no one really does. They do alot of celebrations together.
Pros
Rewarding job just stressful, coworkers are pleasant
Cons
poorly managed and stressful job
Mguh
Histotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2017
Great place to work. Lots of bureaucracy. Great benefits. Pay is OK. Culture is great here. Lots of activities that engage employee involvement. Opportunity for advancement if you play their game.
Hr
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 5, 2017
Doesn't provide the balance for personal and professional life. Benefits aren't all that great. Love the job but not necessarily the management and structure.
Production/Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2017
I had an ok time there the schedule wasn't very flexible. I was doing well until there was a reduction in force. Which made it very hard to have a work life balance.
N/a
Work in diet clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2017
It's been a pleasure. I'm a people person who loves to interact with patient and people. The hospital is amazing in itself. I would recommend other people to work at the hospital.
One of the best places to work at
LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20007May 13, 2017
Love working here and will recommend it for anyone who wants an opportunity to learn and grow. Good coworkers and friendly environment. I'm just looking for other opportunities to grow more and learn new things.
Patient Registration Associate- Radiation Oncology (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 10, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help. Great place to learn more about the medical word even if you're an admin assistant.
Great experience.
Psychiatry Resident (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 4, 2017
Great experience. I learned how to take care of patients well. 6 months of Psychiatry Residency, 4 months of Internal Medicine Residency, and 2 months of Neurology Residency.
Horrible Experience
Environmental Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2017
A typical day at this facility was always a hectic one that required a considerable amount of patience and understanding just dealing with the staff itself.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
No respect for the employees
Great managment
Executive Assistant I- Gastroenterology Department (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2017
Great experience because I was lucky to have great management. The reason for leaving was a career opportunities but when the opportunity presents itself I will return to working there.
Very supportive environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 8, 2017
MedStar Georgetown is a wonderful place of work. I enjoy the working environment and the supportive staff. Management is fair and open to new ideas.
Not bad
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2017
This is good place to work. Most of the employees have been there since the beginning of time which can be a good thing. the workplace culture is good.
Claims Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2017
I'm a claims processing specialist. I deal with alot of paper. Theclaims i deal with are for various insurance companies in which I distribute and/or process. I've learned alot about time management because we do have deadlines to meet in a day and all claims must be distributed and processed correctly before the end of th day. I would say management is ok,some fair, some not but that's expected. The most enjoyable part of my day is when my work is completed and I've met all deadlines.
Productive Workplace
Case Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2017
A great place to be included in and give your abilities as well as work experience. The culture of the place is very interesting. The facility is warm.
Bitter/Sweet
Central Scheduling Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 14, 2017
This position was a great experience for me overall. I think the Medstar brand is great as well. The company offers many benefits and support for training and career building. Unfortunately, for me the department I was in was not manage well and it did suite my lifestyle and needs at the time.
Very interesting for learning and practicing healthcare
Pediatric RN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2017
Georgetown is a teaching hospital so it is a very good place to learn because of the availablility of teachers and students with a lot of knowledge to share. Work environment is competitive but there are a little to many people with large egos to watch out for.
Nice
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 1, 2017
I enjoyed working at Georgetown and improving my CNA performance. I enjoyed working with all the different nurses and doctors. I got great experience here.
Great benefits
Patient Scheduling Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 24, 2017
Great company to work for with good benefits, however work life balance is not achievable. Professional atmosphere with a culture of compassion, coordinated care and safety.
Charge Edit Correction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 22, 2017
Definitely a wonderful place work. If you are looking for advancement, this place is for you. They offer many benefits and ate truly flexible to help give you the best work experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Reviews by Location