MedStar Georgetown University Hospital

MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Employee Reviews

Great co-workers, Horrible Management
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Management
Employees create a comfortable and family environment. In an admin position, I gained lots of clinical knowledge. Nurses were happy to educate admin and we all worked as a great team. Management, however, remained the elephant in the room. They fail to continue their education on the ever-changing healthcare system and wait for information to trickle down from executives which creates a slow, outdated work environment. Oh- and information can NOT trickle up. I will always remain good friends with many of my coworkers and hope to return to Georgetown once they complete re-engineer their organization.
Excellent workplace
Patient Financial Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 21, 2015
Very nice organization, tons of wonderful people(patients, and employees). Capability of growing within the organization.
Magnet hospital and a fun place to work
Linux System Administrator (Current Employee), Washington DCAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, and wonderful co-workers
Cons: Can't think of any now.
My typical day at work starts with me checking my email and the ticketing system, then I program myself to schedule myself to do the relevant jobs.
I have gained a host of IT related job experience, which will be relevant in my career advancement.
The management is very effective at listening to employee problems.
The hardest part of the job is on a day when there is so my ticketing jobs or deadlines to be met.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you put a smile into peoples face by meeting their needs.
Place to grow
Office Medical Assistant II (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 12, 2015
- Place to grow
- good benefits
- good work hours
- nice and friendly work environment
- respect your needs
- run by a big company
alright
phlebotomy (Former Employee), 3800 reservoir rd nw washington dc 20007August 3, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no appreciation to employees by mangmt
very crowdwed andunorganized, management does not appreciate employees. but on the other hand this hospital have good benefits to employees but have not seen any future plan for employees.
I loved working in the hospital the job was very rewarding
Patient Accounts Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Management
The management was not a good fit for me. Yet, the job itself was very rewarding. My co-workers were great and the hospital staff all around were a delight.
Very Nice place
Nursing Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 7, 2015
Pros: career advance ment
Cons: short breaks
Great opportunity to advance in your career a and get a job and in job ! Very educational place to learn and study! Co workers very smart!
family friendly environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 22, 2015
The opportunities given to me, have allowed me to grow in the professional environment. I have thoroughly enjoyed the time with my co workers, superiors and doctors,
Great Place
Clinical Oncology/Research Pharmacist (Former Employee), Georgetown, DCJune 18, 2015
Greatly enjoyed working at Georgetown. The pharmacy staff was extremely friendly, and easy to work with. It was a great team, with a great management staff.
Love the work I do.
CLINICAL NURSE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 16, 2015
Love what I do and the patients I serve. Awesome doctors, nurses and techs. Every new patient is a new adventure, even if I'm doing the same procedure. Cutting edge technology and the best doctors surrounded by a strong team. However, there is a lot of administrative changes that do not benefit, but hinder the work flow.
love the work place
Inventory Management Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 29, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: parking
love it and have no complaints. best job i ever worked at. love the staff the management teams and best of all the benifits
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee), Washington DCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Annual increase, gift cards, good insurance
Cons: Parking space
Good corporate culture.
Shared information through meetings, emails and publications.
Excellent co-workers, we all get along well
Constant stream of patients but that is a good thing.
Employee moral in the gutter
Provider Enrollment (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 26, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Medstar bought out Georgetown
First, let me say that I am not a disgruntle worker. I am speaking nothing but the wholehearted truth. I have worked in the billing department for many years and in all my years of working I have never experience such un-professionalism, favoritism, cut-throat unethical place of employment. Don't be fooled by the name "Georgetown". Since Medstar bought Georgetown it has gone down hill. I gave my two week notice before finding another job because I value my health and sanity over a paycheck. It is utterly disgusting to say the least.
Great managers I ever worked with, empowering.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 20, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Busy and emotionally tasking
Always be empathetic and focused towards my patients.
Helpful in the day to day activities of the unit.
Team work and good relationships
Emotionally tasking
The collaboration of care.
Poor work home life balance
Interventional Radiology Nurse Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 2, 2015
Our days our busy and we are floated throughout the Radiology department which has been great for learning a variety of procedures. I enjoy the physcians and support staff who I work with. Unfortunately we work long hours and call as well. We also are not allowed to plan vacations more than 3 months in advance which has been disappointing. I enjoy the patient population and the work enviroment however the vacation restrictions and long hours have become problematic.
Review Summary
BMES II (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 13, 2015
Daily rounds, repairs.
Learned how an organization should work through witnessing trial-and-error.
Management could be more clear on how operations are running.
Co-workers are set in their ways and are not open to change/innovation.
Hardest part of the job is not quitting on the spot.
Most enjoyable is going home.
Provides excellent medical care to patients.
Full-time Intensive Care Unit RN (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 11, 2015
Georgetown University Hospital was a great place to work- I really enjoyed working with all the staff and doctors. The atmosphere was devoted to providing superior medical care to patients.
better management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 30, 2015
very high turn over in the department of surgery
underpaid for the position , management not supported
and does not help to solve the overall problem
People Oriented Oranization
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: The organiation gives everyone a $10 to spend at the cafteriea for their birthdays, a picnic in the spring and giant gift cards in the fall.
Cons: the gap between physicians, VPs and general staff is by far the largest. It is the have and the have nots.
The organization is people and customer oriented, which is a plus. Typical day is working to keep the flow of paperwork going and answering questions of employees and customers who call. Management are great people to work with and co-workers are mostly professional as well.
GROWTH WAS UNLIMITED
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: EVERYTHING
Cons: NONE
I started at Georgetown as a agency worker. Within @ weeks time I was pulled for a full time position. Administration was heard loud and clear yet very approachable. I enjoyed my opportunity with Georgetown very much. They became my @nd family. I had a family member in every department. IT WAS THE BEST PLACE TO WORK!