MedStar Georgetown University Hospital

MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great learning experience during residency year
PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Resident (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2015
This is a one-year residency position in which I rotated through different specialties in the hospital, including oncology, critical care, ambulatory care, internal medicine, transplant, anti-infective management, research, project management, and more. It was a great learning experience for me and prepared me to work as a clinical pharmacist.
Patient Registration Asscociate
Patient Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 5, 2015
Good place to work, good benefits. Great hospital environment. Decent pay if you have the experience in the field you are applying for.
Love this hospital
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2015
This hospital is educational, fun, and exciting to work for. Many great nurses and doctors and I will be sad to leave but need something closer to home.
Productive and fun place to work. Great eclectic people.
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington D.C.October 18, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a teaching hospital.
In the basement of MedStar Georgetown Hospital, very nice chemistry amongst the radiation therapy team and patients
Radiation Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2015
I had a great time interning with the different radiation therapist, and had a great time interacting with the patients.
Pros
Gained a lot of knowledge about radiation therapy and caring for patients of different cultures
Cons
N/A
Basic Administrative Position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2015
A typical work day consists of various administrative tasks: answering phones, faxing, copying, scanning, scheduling of appointments, and message triage to physicians. In this position you learn to be patient dealing with different types of people. My co workers are fun and everyone for the most part, are team players. The hardest part of the job is speaking to irate patients and the work load, since the patient load is large. The most enjoyable part of the job is the medical benefits and being able to take off when you need to.
Call Center
Dispatcher/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2015
Learned alot about customer service and how it is important to please you customers. My hours were flexable and I was about to commute in the DMV area.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No bennifits
Shipping clerk
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 1, 2015
Gave me experience in material management. There are many shipments and materials that come into a hospital that have to be distributed to the appropriate locations and departments.
Great co-workers, Horrible Management
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2015
Employees create a comfortable and family environment. In an admin position, I gained lots of clinical knowledge. Nurses were happy to educate admin and we all worked as a great team. Management, however, remained the elephant in the room. They fail to continue their education on the ever-changing healthcare system and wait for information to trickle down from executives which creates a slow, outdated work environment. Oh- and information can NOT trickle up. I will always remain good friends with many of my coworkers and hope to return to Georgetown once they complete re-engineer their organization.
Pros
Great people to work with
Excellent workplace
Patient Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2015
Very nice organization, tons of wonderful people(patients, and employees). Capability of growing within the organization.
Magnet hospital and a fun place to work
Linux System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington DCAugust 20, 2015
My typical day at work starts with me checking my email and the ticketing system, then I program myself to schedule myself to do the relevant jobs.
I have gained a host of IT related job experience, which will be relevant in my career advancement.
The management is very effective at listening to employee problems.
The hardest part of the job is on a day when there is so my ticketing jobs or deadlines to be met.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you put a smile into peoples face by meeting their needs.
Pros
Good benefits, and wonderful co-workers
Cons
Can't think of any now.
Place to grow
Office Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 12, 2015
- Place to grow
- good benefits
- good work hours
- nice and friendly work environment
- respect your needs
- run by a big company
alright
phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  3800 reservoir rd nw washington dc 20007August 3, 2015
very crowdwed andunorganized, management does not appreciate employees. but on the other hand this hospital have good benefits to employees but have not seen any future plan for employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no appreciation to employees by mangmt
I loved working in the hospital the job was very rewarding
Patient Accounts Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
The management was not a good fit for me. Yet, the job itself was very rewarding. My co-workers were great and the hospital staff all around were a delight.
Pros
Helping people
Very Nice place
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2015
Great opportunity to advance in your career a and get a job and in job ! Very educational place to learn and study! Co workers very smart!
Pros
career advance ment
Cons
short breaks
Great Place
Clinical Oncology/Research Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DCJune 18, 2015
Greatly enjoyed working at Georgetown. The pharmacy staff was extremely friendly, and easy to work with. It was a great team, with a great management staff.
Love the work I do.
CLINICAL NURSE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2015
Love what I do and the patients I serve. Awesome doctors, nurses and techs. Every new patient is a new adventure, even if I'm doing the same procedure. Cutting edge technology and the best doctors surrounded by a strong team. However, there is a lot of administrative changes that do not benefit, but hinder the work flow.
love the work place
Inventory Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 29, 2015
love it and have no complaints. best job i ever worked at. love the staff the management teams and best of all the benifits
Pros
teamwork
Cons
parking
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington DCMay 28, 2015
Good corporate culture.
Shared information through meetings, emails and publications.
Excellent co-workers, we all get along well
Constant stream of patients but that is a good thing.
Pros
Annual increase, gift cards, good insurance
Cons
Parking space
Employee moral in the gutter
Provider Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2015
First, let me say that I am not a disgruntle worker. I am speaking nothing but the wholehearted truth. I have worked in the billing department for many years and in all my years of working I have never experience such un-professionalism, favoritism, cut-throat unethical place of employment. Don't be fooled by the name "Georgetown". Since Medstar bought Georgetown it has gone down hill. I gave my two week notice before finding another job because I value my health and sanity over a paycheck. It is utterly disgusting to say the least.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Medstar bought out Georgetown

MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Reviews by Location