MedStar Harbor Hospital Employee Reviews

Nice place to work at times, but can be busy too.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 29, 2014
The typical day at work was to stay busy and do the job that suppose to be done. Doing vital signs, patient care, feeding if needed and other duties as follows. Learning to deal with all types of nationality and backgrounds.Hardest part of the job is working with several patients with different types of medical problems. Some co-workers was hard to get communicate with, but I did it the best of my ability. The enjoyable part was working with young and old people and learning about them and dealing with them to be fun loving patients.
Pros
it was a busy place to work for and active. kept the facilities cleaned.
Cons
sometimes their was short breaks or none at all
A good place to work with very fun-loving staff who wanted to learn
Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 18, 2014
Gave me many opportunities to do different activities; hardest part of the job was the fast paced development of educational programs; for the most part management did an okay job; most of my career was learned at MHH, because I was there for 38 years; the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with patients and teaching staff in-services, etc. and working with nursing students in their clinical placements/mentoring.
Pros
variety of opportunities given to me
Cons
not always listening closely to their valued employees
challenging, productive, informative with fun loving co-workers.
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 19, 2013
A very challenging, busy place to work, especially when we have our post-op patients, admitted to the floor, everyday is an exciting day meeting different kinds of people, & to learn different cultures & backgrounds, be exposed to advancement of modern technologies in dealing patients care,& being around with knowledgeable people who are willing to help,acknowledge, and encourage you with your improvement.
Pros
staff periodical recognition -spirit awards
Cons
working with shortage of staff/ cutting hours.
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2015
A typical day at work as a Phlebotomist Tech is very challenging, I learn new system changes everyday, there is supportive management in my description of work, my coworkers are very likeable and very good to work with, the hardest part of my job is the turn around time challenge, I enjoy the patient interactions and the fact of me as a phlebotomist being the most requested.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
teaching hospital
Telecommunication & Clerical (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 7, 2014
very busy and fast pace, meeet and greet all types of and interact with patients, patients families and co workers. also learn about the codes and proper protocols...help assist and directs patients and visitors. also switch board with calls from doctors, interns nurses and administrators..
its ok
E.R Technician / ICU Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2015
its and ok place to work at if you are starting out as a CNA or GNA its give you thr basic skills to learn what i means to really take care of someone and how they really depend on people to help with the activity of daily living that we take for granted
Med/Surg., Stroke, Telemetry
Registered Nurse - Telemetry/Stroke/MedSurg Unit (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Enjoy the team support. I have gained a lot of different types of experience during my time on the unit, I have also been Charge Nurse, new nurse preceptor and handled as many as six patients.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Education /Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 14, 2015
Working 6am-6pm.Delivering patients food tray for breakfast ,lunch& dinner.Working with about 30 to 40 patients a day.The most enjoyable part of the job is just seeing the patients smle.
Over all it is a great place to work and build a wonderful career.
Multi-functional tech (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, MDApril 27, 2013
Over all it is a great place to work and build a wonderful career. i am looking forward to an advancement in my career path while staying a part of the Medstar team.
productive work place
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Balltomre, MDAugust 28, 2015
Great company to work for. I would highly recommend Medstar for a place of employment. The company is very family oriented and strives to make their employees and patients happy

Want to know more about MedStar Harbor Hospital?

Ask a question
Very high standards and work ethic
Senior Cytotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2013
Everyone is a pleasure to work with. Continuing education is provided. Supervisors are very professional.
Pros
great supervisors
Cons
would like more hours
Very trying, busy fast pace place to work
Multi-Functional Tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2013
Triaged patients coming from ambulance, blooddraws, vital signs etc...
Pros
12 hour shifts were the best
Cons
not alot of teamwork and respect
good co workers and relax enviroment
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2013
overall its great learn alot and you can move between all medstar hospitals
Pros
insurance benifits
Cons
low wage
Good work experience
Sitter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore mdAugust 1, 2013
Okay job but if your looking for career advancement this organization not a good option
The hospital was a great value employment.
Sitter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2014
overall, the work was challenging but an awesome experiences.