MedStar Health Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, hard working.
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJanuary 22, 2018
A typical day for me as a Team Coordinator/Medical Assistant was to make sure every morning huddle/communication is done. Make sure all controls and daily checklist is complete. Have facility ready and safe for staff and employees. Make sure Providers have all the tools for the patients. Make sure staff take their lunches. Inventory is checked and order supplies.
Pros
Operationally strong
Cons
short breaks when very busy
Very Intersting
(MD) - Medicaid Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  White march, MJanuary 21, 2018
A place to get a great start and advance. I have no more input for this section. I do not like to be put in situation where I must write something about someplace.
Pros
Activitivies
Cons
distance
It's okay for a stepping stone
Clinical Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2018
There's a lot of micro managing, we don't get paid enough to deal with the things that go on daily, operation managers implement changes that don't help the patient flow because they don't take the time to talk to the employees to find out what is really needed.
The number of calls were electronically keep and compared to others in the call center group.
Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJanuary 18, 2018
Call concerns would have to be forwarded to an in house employee to research. They would have to get the answer before you could call the customer back. Sometimes it took a long time to get the answer.
Pros
Vendors came in periodically to sell their wares.
Cons
too far away
TeamWork
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2018
You work as a team...everybody respect each other. Management listen to your concerns and suggestions. Titles are left at the door during meetings. Every company has issues but I enjoy workng here
Pros
Healthcare, Company Gatherings
Excellect
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2018
Overall a great place to work and grow. It is the ideal place to learn in just about any field. My time at Medstar was definitely one I will not forget.
Non compliant with medicare
Patient Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2018
Management at PUBS undertrained, no billing and coding experience.

Offices sends erroneous billing, they need external auditors to review their billing.
Patient Accounts Specialist II
Patient Accounts Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJanuary 14, 2018
Manger does not speak up for employees. NO room for advancement in office. Office is very unsanitary. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Overall, office should be closed and employees should be sent to PUBS. Offices has dirty carpet, mouse droppings in the kitchen, water spots on ceiling, mold on the refrigerator, infestation of cluster flies. Never seen a Medstar office look like this.
Pros
no micro-managing, peacefuful
Cons
short lunches, office unsanitary, management does not speak up for employees, no room for advancement in the WHeaton Office
Stressful
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2018
Medstar Washington Hospital Center is a very fast paced setting and often understaffed. Staff often cover other units to ensure patient care. Working overtime is normal to ensure that the work is done.
Pros
The cafeteria is clean and the food is tasty.
Cons
Medstar Washington Hospital Center is often understaffed.
meh
Medicaid Department Team Lead (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJanuary 6, 2018
i am being required to write this so i am. honest to god, i have never been more ambivalent about anything in my life. i have zero feelings about this
Was ok only one or 2 small things didnt like about the job i waa doing
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJanuary 6, 2018
I enjoyed my short time there except my hours were 10 to 630 and i lived an hour away so cut alot of time away from family and the people were not team oriented when it came time to really having each others back and wanting to do things as a team.the work i had to do was alot different than what i was use to took time to get use to and they neex to update their system to be more user friendly.
Cons
Work hours in my department
Mental distress
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2018
My boss stopped my raise. She caused me mental distress. She let a KNOW co worker who is a bully repeatedly bully people. We can’t get set schedules. I was hired for Evening shift but my boss refuses to let me just work evenings.
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
Breaks should be an hour
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 2, 2018
Great organization, large system across the major metro Baltimore and DC markets, many opportunities exist. Overall nice people to work with throughout the system.
Very busy no support for their employees
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 27, 2017
Coworkers are nice
But the patient
Nurse ratio is 1:6 or1:5 which is too much ina telemetry unit. Adm has no plan to reduce the ratio . Instead they are more concerned how much money comes in than their employees welfare. Adm needs to take care of their employees for retention. Chargenurse has4 patients .Very busy.wont even able to take lunch breaks. Emergency dept thinks we are not doing anything and adm supports it .No support from the head of the unit.
Pros
Veryprofessional everybody does their job.
Cons
No breaks Youendup havingulcer nonstop work from 7 anti 8pm
medstar
Surfacide Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 23, 2017
Medstar is a great company to work for, with room to advance if you are Medstar employee. Im a temp with no room to advance. I would like to move around in different departments that will allow me to grow. I enjoy working at Medstar overall.
n/a
Research Data Manager, Oncology (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 20, 2017
Okay place to work. Benefits are good, pay is great. Would be better if they offered remote working from home to the list but maybe one day. Other than that ok.
Nice management
Behavioral Managment Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 4, 2017
I love working for medstar. Our bosses are super nice. The supervisors and everyone and the clients and their caregivers. Minimum supervision. This job is the best
Large complex health system
Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 30, 2017
Large multi hospital system with hospitals throughout Maryland and DC and other business distributed throughout Maryland, DC, and Virginia. Opportunities for professionals of all kinds.
benefits
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 29, 2017
medstar offers great benefits unfortunately the management does not follow as high of standards as they should for such a big company. I just felt they were not the right fit for me.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Excellent place to work
Payment Posting Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, WANovember 28, 2017
You have a lot of busy days. I learned a lot about the changes in the revenue cycle. Management was always nice an pleasant. The work place culture was good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Health. Our community is ready to answer.