MedStar Health Employee Reviews

Productive and Interesting Place to work!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2017
A typical day consisted of me assisting up to 2 Dr.'s a day with scheduling meetings, conference calls, and making flight accommodations to include domestic and international. I was also responsible for inventory of office supplies as well.

Management was great.

Great cafeteria working in a hospital.
Pros
Cons
The commute was outrageous
Great place to work.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 20, 2017
Slow paced office allows you to have a work life balance. Pay is great in comparison to other comparable positions. Upper management knows what they are talking about.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Workload
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 19, 2017
Great co-workers
Management, policies, and job security needs improvement
Flexible hours
Monday-Friday
Some holidays off( not all major holidays)
Multi-Specialty office
Pros
health benefits
Cons
Hour lunch break, great location if you live in southern maryland
Nice place to work
Team Supervisor and IS Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2017
Nice place to work, leading provider in healthcare, making changes to improve patient experience, vested in their managers, growing and expanding to include more facilities.
worst place to work
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDMarch 6, 2017
I will never go back and work at this place. The CBO in White Marsh. Management gossip about employees and about one another. They blame employee for their screw-ups.
Very supportive
Inpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2017
They support you with every tool you need to succeed, great management team and fantastic package and benefits. very friendly and processional staff. will go back there whenever given the opportunity
Pros
Great Management team
Family oriented facility
Supervisor Renal Billing (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDFebruary 28, 2017
Looked out for employees, they promote within. A lot of employee activities. Focus on month end close which needs to be done within a time frame.
Pros
Very employee oriented
Cons
n/a
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2017
My day consist of work with patients which I LOVE. I've working in this type of environment consist of PATIENCE. Management listens to you and that means a lot. Great workplace culture, the hardest part is seeing the patients when their not at their best. The most ENJOYABLE part is that I'm a part of a GREAT TEAM.
Pros
FREE PARKING
Great work life balance
Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 5, 2017
Too much micromanagement. Great flexibility on schedule. Pay increases could be better. The more productive you are....the more managers expect from you and rely on you more than team members who slack off. UNFAIR!!!
Great place to start
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 4, 2017
While working here it was great people staff management it was a good place and talking about advancement so many directions you could've went and chose. no complaints about working here. the only issue I had with this job was cleaning up on a daily basis everything is not for everyone. now that I think about it I should've just transferred to another dept. before going to work somewhere else.. Idea.. lets check their website....
Team oriented work environment
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2017
Working in a fast paced environment, angry patients/employees in hospital before they arrive into the pharmacy. You constantly have to be pleasant and try to pacify their experience before even saying hello. You have to be an excellent technician to excel because the system is outdated for a fluid workflow. Management doesn't work with your schedule so you must be very flexible even if you have a family (major turn off). The culture of my workplace is based on speed and accuracy, but first and foremost customer service... BUT...The hardest part of this job is staying motivated, if its not the pay or time off being denied, its the other employees complaining on you if they don't serviced before the patients!!!

Its a hard place to work for but they do provide free lunches once a month, and have a decent benefits package.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks, no overtime, pay (not competitive) hard to get time off
Great co-workers and opportunity
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2017
I continue to grow and learn every day I come to work. I would highly recommend this place for someone looking for growth opportunities.
revolving door
Paramedic/EMT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Want newer cheaper EMT's/medics to come in don't care about seasoned personnel. Mandatory OT constantly. Schedules not very accommodating. Its a great place to get experience that's all. It's so busy you see and do a lot.
Pros
unlimited OT
Cons
bad supervisors, don't care about EMT's/Paramedics
Hard working 3 weeks locums, worked with many other physicians.
Cardiologist, Inpatient-Locum Tenens (Former Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDDecember 29, 2016
I worked for Medstar Shah for a 3 weeks locums. I covered Medstar St Mary's Hospital 24 hrs a day covering 2 Cardiologists for vacation. It was overall a very friendly hospital. Typically I worked about 10 hrs during the day, but was frequently brought in after hours for reviewing a patient in the ER, which was a very busy ER.
Pros
Very good cafeteria supplying most of my meals.
Cons
None, too short, I had hoped to be brought back again.
No room for growth
Collections / Financial Assistance Specialist (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDDecember 10, 2016
I enjoy helping the patient's with their bills, which it the best part of my job. I also enjoy learning new things; in healthcare there is constant changes.

My main job function consist of processing financial assistance applications and making adjustments on patient accounts.

I have been in search of advancing within the company, but it's patient financial support services, which isn't the same as accounting (my educational studies); this makes it difficult to move around within this company.
Pros
Patient's and co-workers
Cons
Lack of advancement and compensation
Big hospital
staff and facilities (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2016
Fantastic benefits for the full time employees. Good group of people that I work with at a time of day where anything could happen. others having your back if something happens
Deteriating care environment
Clinical Nurse III (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 29, 2016
Rapid turnover of both Nursing directors and patient care managers during period of my employment.
Busy unit 6-12 fresh post-op admissions daily. Units combined remodeled and moved to poor layout without nursing input.
Pros
Good co-workers
MedStar
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2016
A typical day at work is 8-9 hours. You are aware of the expectations for your job and expected to fulfill them each day. Management is good at making sure the work is done, but does not handle conflict resolution and office gossip well. My co-workers are fine. The hardest part of the job is sometimes dealing with working with all women day in and day out. The most enjoyable part of the job is upholding the mission and spirit values on a daily basis. It's enjoyable knowing that what I do on a daily basis helps someone live longer and better.
Pros
Flexible schedule, tuition remission
Cons
Conflicts that aren't resolved
Friendly work enviroment with lots of support from management.
Quality Coordinator Nurse (contract) (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 28, 2016
A typical day t work began at 9:00 am. I learned how to improve my research and report writing skills. Management was kid and supportive to employees. My co-workers were friendly and respectful. The most challenging part of the position was locating and verifying the locations of providers.The most enjoyable part of the job was researching and investigating potential quality issues and generating a report to give to the medical director.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Cons
I cannot think of any.
Great opportunities for advancement. Excellent health benefits.
Patient Financial Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDNovember 21, 2016
Very pleasant place to work, many perks to being a Medstar Employees!
In. Few depts management doesn't lead by example. My Co workers are great, depart mentioned of 55 plus, and we all come together to work as one team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Health. Our community is ready to answer.