MedStar Medical Group Employee Reviews

Challenging, rewarding job
Permanent Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Medstar medical Center at Franklin SquareOctober 6, 2017
Franklin Square offered tuition reimbursement and opportunities for growth in the nursing career. Great teamwork and management on the present unit I work on
Leadership lacking
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDOctober 2, 2017
I really enjoyed the providers I worked with. Management was another story. Did not know how to manage the staff. Director of operation was in our building and she didn't even get involved with working issues out. Was too busy being friends than directing and dealing with the staff. Did not address the drama and issues with the staff. Teamwork was lacking. No one willing to step in and help out and always short staffed. Patient care was not put first.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Drama, patient care lacking, bad management
emotional
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDSeptember 21, 2017
be prepared to see the same patients over and over every day, the relationships you build with patients are that of a life time. huge emotional attachments definetley form very easily and quickly
Worst Work Organization Ever
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDAugust 25, 2017
Very cut-throat work environment! Do not care for their staff or patients only care about volume & $. Do not stand by their mission and SPIRIT Values.
Pros
Paid Vacation earned
Cons
Leadership
Fair place to work
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2017
I am a member in the float pool which allows me to meet many people in the organization. Lovely people. I have been offered full time opportunities but was unable to accept because I am a full time student. Benefits are great.
Meet new and interesting people
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDJuly 25, 2017
Overall, my experience with MedStar Healthcare has been a positive one. Their commitment to patient care is outstanding. The teamwork in the office where I work is awesome.
Medstar Shah Medical Group
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDJuly 1, 2017
My typical day is providing care for all patients that come in. I take care of CT/ MRI Schedules and patients. I provide the schedules for the next day and make sure I have physicians orders and patients blood work and prior report pertaining the study for each patient. I have learned a lot about medical since I have been in this position. The hardest part of my job is the management. They criticize my work when I help every position in my office. I try my hardest to help my receptionist and other techs but it never seems to be enough for my supervisor. The most enjoyable part is working and helping ill patients everyday. I love to take care of those in need. and also my coworkers are amazing.
Pros
Taking care of patients
Cons
Managment
Great job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2017
I like working for this company. My co workers are great and the benefits packet is wonderful. I love the team work that we have and I couldn't ask for anything better.
Stressful, busy, work place at Medstar
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 2, 2017
This job is rewarding in different ways but very stressful as far as the patients and the demographics. There is also extra annoying issues as far as the system always shutting down and having to call the help desk for assistance.

I register patients, collect the copay, handle insurance information, monitor the phones and patient flow.
Management is awesome, the company works with your schedule for children if you have them and school.
Pros
Hours, coworkers
Cons
Busy and stressful, phones ringing constantly
stressful
PSC/Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2017
Want you to be professional and hold you to the SPIRIT values, but they don't practice what the preach. Employees are warn against even thinking about a union.
Have to work for what you want
Office Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDOctober 31, 2016
I started out at the bottom and worked my way up, however; each time I moved up I learned a lot from on the job experience. There is not much training that occurs for you to get a clear understanding of what it is that you need to do.
Benefits
Cons
No training when advancing
Huge company, no morals.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDSeptember 13, 2015
Management is horrible. The only enjoyable part of the job is the few friends made. Healthcare should be about quality, not quantity. Everyone is just a number and repeatedly informed we are replaceable. Any changes are last minute and thrown together with improper directions and many errors. Benefits are mediocre and there is no such thing as a pay raise.
I have learn to value teamwork and spirit more by working here
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJuly 26, 2015
The hardest part of the job would have to be you working in a teamwork environment and still not being rated as an individual. If one person fails you all fail.
I loved working here
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDJune 26, 2015
I loved working for medstar.It was the greatest externship i've ever been on. Thank you goes out to Fortis for sending me there.
Fast paced daily work flow
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2014
Working with medstar is exciting. It's fast past and the staff and my patients keep me motivated. From the moment I walk in, I great my patients with a warm smile and a positive attitude. I assist them to the room, get vital signs and assist the doctors when needed. My patient are always the highlight of my days. I love my co-workers and we work very well as a team. The hardest part about my job is mainly about pay. I've been with this company for 6 years and still not getting paid what I am really worth with an associates in CMA and certified. But, I love and enjoy what I do. My career has allowed me to grow and learn more about the medical field that is beyond fascinating. I love working with people when they are at their best and make them feel good when they are not. I am a proud Medical Assistant who is eager to learn more in live.
MedStar Medical Group
Externship (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2014
Working at MedStar Medical Group was an amazing experience. I learned a lot about different computer programs, etc. The management were a great help when ever i felt i needed it. There wasn't really anything hard about the job to me. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with different patients and getting to know all of them to provide the best care i could provide while assisting them
Pros
special occasion celebrations
Cons
sometimes there were very short lunch breaks
Strict work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laurel MDApril 11, 2014
We joined Medstar from just being a small private office. We were told nothing would change but great things. We were told the staff was all gonna stay, and that is why we had picked Medstar. They told two RNs that they had to retire. They re-did our whole Reception area and the patients nor staff liked it. They made the office uninviting when patients loved our office and staff. Patients are not happy, I know change is never easy but why fix something that isnt broken and was not an issue. We went from being able to take time off with notice to weather it was time w/out pay to paid time off. If we get sick we get written up, but they dont want us coming in if we are sick. If you leave work early you get an occurrence. If you do not meet 40 hours each week they will take from vacation, even if you have over-time one week and not the second. They do not pay overtime, but will take from your vacation rather than take from the OT. You may not get a full 30 minute lunch break, but if you dont clock out for 30 they will take 30 out anyways. If you call out they dont have anyone to cover you, so you are working your patients in and working another doctors patients in. The EMR is probably the only good thing about Medstar. It has made looking for a chart and accessing patients records very easy.
Pros
Friendly staff, get out early on Fridays
Cons
Please read review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9