MedStar Medical Group

MedStar Medical Group Employee Reviews

Have to work for what you want
Office Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDOctober 31, 2016
I started out at the bottom and worked my way up, however; each time I moved up I learned a lot from on the job experience. There is not much training that occurs for you to get a clear understanding of what it is that you need to do.
Benefits
Cons
No training when advancing
Huge company, no morals.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDSeptember 13, 2015
Management is horrible. The only enjoyable part of the job is the few friends made. Healthcare should be about quality, not quantity. Everyone is just a number and repeatedly informed we are replaceable. Any changes are last minute and thrown together with improper directions and many errors. Benefits are mediocre and there is no such thing as a pay raise.
I have learn to value teamwork and spirit more by working here
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJuly 26, 2015
The hardest part of the job would have to be you working in a teamwork environment and still not being rated as an individual. If one person fails you all fail.
I loved working here
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDJune 26, 2015
I loved working for medstar.It was the greatest externship i've ever been on. Thank you goes out to Fortis for sending me there.
Fast paced daily work flow
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2014
Working with medstar is exciting. It's fast past and the staff and my patients keep me motivated. From the moment I walk in, I great my patients with a warm smile and a positive attitude. I assist them to the room, get vital signs and assist the doctors when needed. My patient are always the highlight of my days. I love my co-workers and we work very well as a team. The hardest part about my job is mainly about pay. I've been with this company for 6 years and still not getting paid what I am really worth with an associates in CMA and certified. But, I love and enjoy what I do. My career has allowed me to grow and learn more about the medical field that is beyond fascinating. I love working with people when they are at their best and make them feel good when they are not. I am a proud Medical Assistant who is eager to learn more in live.
MedStar Medical Group
Externship (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2014
Working at MedStar Medical Group was an amazing experience. I learned a lot about different computer programs, etc. The management were a great help when ever i felt i needed it. There wasn't really anything hard about the job to me. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with different patients and getting to know all of them to provide the best care i could provide while assisting them
Pros
special occasion celebrations
Cons
sometimes there were very short lunch breaks
Strict work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laurel MDApril 11, 2014
We joined Medstar from just being a small private office. We were told nothing would change but great things. We were told the staff was all gonna stay, and that is why we had picked Medstar. They told two RNs that they had to retire. They re-did our whole Reception area and the patients nor staff liked it. They made the office uninviting when patients loved our office and staff. Patients are not happy, I know change is never easy but why fix something that isnt broken and was not an issue. We went from being able to take time off with notice to weather it was time w/out pay to paid time off. If we get sick we get written up, but they dont want us coming in if we are sick. If you leave work early you get an occurrence. If you do not meet 40 hours each week they will take from vacation, even if you have over-time one week and not the second. They do not pay overtime, but will take from your vacation rather than take from the OT. You may not get a full 30 minute lunch break, but if you dont clock out for 30 they will take 30 out anyways. If you call out they dont have anyone to cover you, so you are working your patients in and working another doctors patients in. The EMR is probably the only good thing about Medstar. It has made looking for a chart and accessing patients records very easy.
Pros
Friendly staff, get out early on Fridays
Cons
Please read review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8