Medstar National Rehabilitation Network

Medstar National Rehabilitation Network Employer Reviews

Great place to get the good and bad of healthcare
Rehabilitation Care Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, decent pay, great experience for nursing students.
Cons: poor communication skills of managerial staff.
A typical day at NRH involves patient care of patients who partially or completely dependent of staff. It requires patience, compassion, and teamwork. I learned that even when the staff does not recognize your worth or work ethic, the patients definitely see it. It is important to work as a team to complete some of your harder tasks - such as lifting – more... a patient.

The hardest part of the job, is not being appreciated for the work that you have to put in every time you come into work. However, the best part of work is having a patient thank you for helping them when they needed it most. Sometimes all our patients may want is a warm blanket, a glass of water, or to be turned in their bed.

It is moments like these that make you continue to work at an establishment. – less
Excellent atmoshphere, quality employees.
Physical Therapist Assistant-PRN (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 27, 2014
I have enjoyed working as a PRN employee with NRH. My co-workers are friendly and we help each other for a true teamwork experience.
Travel Agency Clinical Nurse II
Travel Agency Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 16, 2014
Perform independent health assessments of individuals and families by evaluating their physical, mental, social and environmental health status; and provide nursing intervention based on need of assessment.
Patients Are First Priority
Material Support Manager & Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: fun team member events
Cons: promotion opportunities
The best part of Medstar NRH is working directly with the medical staff, to meet the needs of the patients while providing a fun therapeutic atmosphere to heal, learn, and grow.
State of the Art, professional environment, great team work.
rehabilitation/pain psychologist (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 19, 2014
Pros: highly professional, great team work, intellectually challenging
Friendly and professional environment. Great team work, challenging and fulfilling work experiences.
The hospital is very supportive
Unit Clerk (Medical Secretary) (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 17, 2014
Pros: growth and advancement, also plenty of overtime
Cons: that i had to relocate
The Nurses and other allied staff are helpful , also HR. Each day you learn something new and there is rom for growth and advancement
Old School
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: approachable doctors, parties
Cons: poorly functioning management, weak work culture, poor and inconsistent staffing
NRH will always hold a special place in my heart, but there are many things that they need to work on. Job culture is not very supportive. Many older nurses who are just worn out and resistant to change. Evidence of seniority and favoritism everywhere; the old eat the young. Really needs an overhaul: Lazy, non-effective nurses need to be let go, administration – more... should focus on improving work climate, improving staffing, and providing a clear clinical ladder for staff. Scheduling used to be flexible, but new management is coming in, so that may change. – less
Productive workplace.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2014
Overall good company, great benefits and opportunity for growth.
Fun Work Environement
Admission Representative (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2014
A great place to work staff is excellent here. The people who work here are great and we have such great customer friendly service to everyone including staff and customers
work environment is not accommodating
PRN (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 28, 2013
Pros: co-workers interaction and holiday benefit
Cons: does not accommodate staff needs regarding time-off request
Management is not pro-staff, does not accommodate the needs of staff.
A productive Medical Records Department
Medical Tech II (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 28, 2013
Pros: awesome cafeteria with affordable prices
Cons: contract work
I was responsible for handling the medical records for the patients . I filed, made notes, performed data entry duties , and corresponded with various offices within the hospital. Oftentimes, I delivered charts to different departments and on a daily basis, I picked charts up and dealt with them respectably.The management team was full of energy and – more... very professional. This job was fun to report to on a daily and was full of new experiences. Unfortunately, it was contracted out and job security was at risk.I learned that people in the healthcare profession are very compassionate.I enjoyed the workplace environment very much and wasn't displeased with anything. The hardest part of the job was getting there. – less
Patient Finance Dept
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 1, 2013
Great place to work...........................................................................................................
It is nice to work there with a good benefits
Diet Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 23, 2013
Pros: some of the benefits has a good health insurance
Cons: there are shortages of workers and the work is overloaded on the other workers on the weekend
I learned many things such as team work and patience when dealing with patients. The co workers are organized and hard workers. The hardest part of the job was working on the weekend because many workers are off on these days and the workload is upon the individual workers The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the patients with good meals.
Working0
Sales (Former Employee), Washington DcApril 11, 2013
Pros: love free lunch
Cons: short breaks
I will love to work at this lovely job I'm very educated and love to work.
Great atmosphere to facilitate effective patient care.
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Pasadena, MDAugust 19, 2012
Medstar National Rehab Network in Pasadena was one of the best outpatient facilities I've been a part of. I was able to have a manageable patient caseload day to day, state of the art modalities, and excellent and friendly coworkers. I was able to improve on my knowledge of manual therapy techniques, and effectiveness of various modalities. The toughest – more... portion of the day which occurred very infrequently, was completing paperwork for initial evaluations when your caseload for the day was full. During these instances, I felt I've improved significantly in my time management skills. The best aspect of working at the Pasadena office was being able to collaborate with other therapists to improve on treatment techniques/ideas for complex patients. – less
a great work place
Hostess/ Food Prep/ Cashier (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 26, 2012
Pros: free lunch, healthcare, dental
Cons: short breaks
this had to be my favorite job yet, due to management. All mangers was understanding, and most of all fair. My co-workers became my friends, and it was just enjoyable place. I learned that everyone i management does not have the strong head, and favoritism.
NRH is a great place to work
HR Generalist, Data Quality & Systems (Former Employee), Human Resources DepartmentFebruary 29, 2012
The National Rehabilitation Hospital makes a tremedous difference for those needing rehabilitation treatment. The atmosphere is friendly, open and encouraging. I would recommend this facility for any person needing rehabilitation services. The live up to their objective of "Patient First".
Awesome Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 24, 2012
Pros: free lunch, short commute, friendly people
Cons: short term position
If the position wasn't for the sole purpose of on-the-job training, I would have loved to work there full time. The people were friendly despite some of their situations, it was very inspiring.
Over all i enjoy working here as I like the short hours but would like to get more pay as i think the job deserves a bit more.
Receptionist for Spinal Injuries Ireland (Current Employee), Rochestown avenue, Dun Laoghaire Co. DublinSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: short hours
Cons: not enough pay for the standard of job.
The National Rehabilitation Hospital is the only Rehabilitating Hospital in Ireland. I have found that over the years working there the staff are very nice, dedicated and loyal to there jobs and patients. I myself saw this and decided to follow like this.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patients from when they come into the hospital – more... and leaving fully recovered. – less

About Medstar National Rehabilitation Network

MedStar National Rehabilitation Network provides the very best in rehabilitative services, including: Award-winning inpatient – Read more