Medstar National Rehabilitation Network

Medstar National Rehabilitation Network Employee Reviews

Relaible place to work
RN BSN (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2016
Rehabilitation hospital taking care of pediatric population with traumatic brain injury, Patient with stroke , Cardiac and spinal cord injuries.Patient nurse ratio is between 3 to 6. Continuous inservice for staff and managements.Team work and good interpersonal relationships encouraged. NRH is a diverse institution from different country background admitted their patient from all country including middle east and from Africa.
Pros
good health care benifits
Cons
parking is charged
great
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAAugust 15, 2016
Great job with friendly people. Mature people that give you respect. Company is very organized and knows what they want in every associate. Anywhere you go whether its dc or maryland or VA they are happy to meet you and treat you very welcome. The team members all value what the companys stands for and their beliefs.
Cons
trainning was far
Customer services
housekeeping support to patients and workers (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 17, 2016
My most typical day at work I leraned how make different sauces I managed to get it all done in a timely manner my co workers where surprised on how fast I learn the most hardest part was me tasting it all & thinking it would'nt come out right the most enjoyable part was they loved my sauces.
Unit Clerk in the Emergency wing
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2016
Dealt directly with patients

Worked as the communication line between patients and nurses

Data Entry of patient data and procedures such as labs and X-Rays

Complied to HIPPA laws and Regulations.
Pros
Night Shift
Very Productive
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2016
This job gave me the ability to be around people who are physically challenged like myself. It taught me some much about how to overcome challenges and to use my skills to my advantage. Without NRH I don't think I would be as confident in myself like I am now. I learned that regardless of your condition that you can do anything in life and that nothing is impossible.
Pros
Great Benefits
Good place to be
Patrol Officer First Class (PFC) (promotion) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2016
my co owrkers are the best.The team rapport we have makes work at lot easier to handle. When we work together as a team it makes our workm load a lot easier and effective.
Fast paced no slowing down making time fly by
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 31, 2016
I would typically open the clinic in the morning for the ear, nose and throat Doctors to see all patient scheduled and into the rooms after they all were triage. I had lots of willing coworkers ready to lend a hand in the busy Parkland Health System.
Cons
I had to pay for my daily parking that was super costly daily. NO employee spaces
Face pace enviroment, with all round opportunity to learn
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 6, 2016
Good place to work for balance between work and personal life. Limited mobility for those wishing to have entry management experience. Most enjoyable part of job was my encounter with our clients. The company's reputation makes it a much sort place to for rehabilitation.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Limited upward mobility
good experience
Research Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 2, 2016
I have a good working relationship with Medstar clinicians. I worked on a multidisciplinary group with physical therapists that helps stroke patient, They are very helpful on providing me insight on stroke rehabs.
Productive clean work environment
Rehab Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Washington DCFebruary 28, 2016
I have worked with Medstar for over 10 years and the environment is Clean, Productive and very professional. The staff are all very supportive of the patients care and wellbeing.
Very exceptional place to work
Rehabilitation Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the people who entered the facility who were extremely sick, recover to near normal state
Cons
12 hour work shift
Different Environment
Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2016
A typical work day as an assistant manager is atypical. No two days are the same. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with the patients and working with some of the nurses, who are amazing.
Pros
pay
Cons
no 12 hr shifts for management
Never do Fulltime.
Acute Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 16, 2015
The Company does not have enough parking for its employees and makes you park in MD. There are only 3 techs for 50 therapist. The working environment is horrible. Employees never stay longer than a year in the Rehab Dept. I've been with the company for five years and the benefits are great, however, the rehab dept not so much.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Parking, Management, Compensation, Respect
Progressive Healthcare organization with great culture
Vice President and Chief Philanthropy Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 31, 2015
Fantastic place to work and your build career. Terrific culture with accountability and recognition for the work you do on the team.
Pros
Great culture
A very comfortable and homely environment to work
Registered Nurse (Clinical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 4, 2015
A typical day is to assist patient to get back to their normal life routine or near to normal. The nurse- patient ratio is at most 1:7 and the least ratio is 1:4 when the census is low. Your co-workers are very understanding and cooperative most of the time. The hardest part of the job is when your patients refuses care and their is nothing you can do to convince them to get the care they need. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a patients who were incapacitated on admission, walk and do things for themselves that they were unable to do on admission.
Pros
healthcare, benefits
Cons
unable to make once schedule
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2015
Cleaning and making sure projects was taking care of before the end of the night. Management was lazy couldve been better, no help at all. The hardest part of my job is when we was short staffed and everything still needed to get completed
It is productive and fun
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Whashington, DCSeptember 10, 2015
It us a very exciting place working in multicultural environment make the day go fast, they have a big gym and observing all different physical and occupational therapy give me an idea to how to deal with patients with disabilities
Good Company
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MdSeptember 8, 2015
I currently work at the Bethesda location. Fun atmosphere, but VERY BUSY Location. The patients are friendly at times, I'm real close with certain co workers. Great company since it has a lot of locations in the area for patients that can't be seen or anything.

Management sucks, no room for advancement. You have to know someone to move up or be the right "color" if you know what I mean.

Pay is average. Benefits are awesome.

Your off on major holidays. Wish we would close early on Fridays like normal doctor offices would and also receive free lunch, don't see why we can't.
Benefits
Provide secretarial duties
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2015
NRH is not the greatest place to work. The energy is off it was not easy to work in a environment where people do not say hi. I would say patients are given great rehabilitation activities to assist with recovery. Over all it was not a healthy place to be a employee
Excellent work culture and fostering of growth
Clinical Affiliation (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2015
Staff at NRH, Medstar in Washington, DC are friendly, personable. Management is there to foster growth and promote a patient friendly environment.
Cons
Large patient population, resources limited by hospital setting.

4.2