Medstar National Rehabilitation Network

Medstar National Rehabilitation Network Employee Reviews

Good place to work overall
Rehab Care echnician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2017
The well being of staff is important . Belief that a happy worker also makes a happy patient. Encourages growth and advancement in your carers. Good benefits.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Great Place to work
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2017
Great place to work in providing pastoral care in a hospital environment. Great place to learn about yourself and the people you serve in a hospital environment. Excellent staff to work with across all levels. Great place to fellowship and learn from the hospital patients and people from different religious backgrounds.
Pros
The learning experience.
Cons
24 hour duty, on-call duty.
No Overtime
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2017
Plan on staying late checking patients in after your work time. Wonderful patients and lots of in office events. A lot of checking in and really no downtime. Managers love to micro manage
The hardest part of the job
Administrative Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2017
This place you have to be perfect. No mistakes are aloud. They are quick to write you up for the smallest mistakes. This is not a place I can grow. When promotes are available they don't give everyone a chance to apply.
A job that develops great team-oriented environments but "insinuated requests" demand way too much for little pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 28, 2017
The company has a strong basis around being Team-oriented and management miraculously manages to select employees that all work exceptionally well together. The company benefits are greater than most comparable positions with other companies which is usually the difficult part about separating ties with the company. The downside comes into play when big important "tasks" require a strict deadline, there is never any support or authorized time to complete these tasks outside of normal business expectations other than "doing it for the team" and pulling on the heart-strings and loyalty of fellow staff to "stay later", a lot of times for free.
Pros
great medical benefits
Cons
understaffed unbalanced work load
productive and fun workplace with room for advancement.
Rehab Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day involves patient care and interaction. as this was a rehab we didn't have too many codes, rapid responses, or deaths. I worked her for four years and learned A LOT! I learned about different medical condition, how to work under pressure, and was able to figure out what career I wanted to pursue. the staff and patients were all diverse and from all walks of life. I never really had a hard time while working here. I only left because I couldn't handle working in a hospital setting when my mother passed. I needed to take a step back and regroup. I appreciate the way the staff supported my decision to leave and helped me through what could only be described as the most difficult time in my life.
Pros
great learning environment. great staff. felt like family.
Cons
sometimes the work is hard on your body.
I got some good experience there
Statistician (Former Employee) –  DC, DCFebruary 20, 2017
The university has been making huge progress in recent years and has built solid reputation in almost every aspect, I had worked there as a RA to assist some professors there,.
Intern
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2017
Great experience as an intern, many opportunities, hard to get into there full time after an internship. Everyone was very nice. Great opportunities and great projects.
Protective Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2017
Every day this place makes miracles happen from kids not being able to walk, to adults not being able to speak. This place is great be at because you get to meet a lot of people and difference cultures.
Teamwork
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2017
I work with an interdisciplinary team to coordinate and plan for our patients safe discharges home or to another level of care. I assess patients’ support system, needs, and barriers to discharge. I provide timely clinical reviews to third party payers for continued authorization and coverage of services. I educate patients and families about the rehabilitation plan of care, estimated length of stay and recommendations for continued care needs.
Great team of coworkers
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2017
Having a great team makes the job fun and easier. When you start you meet and immediately know the chain of command, which is great because you are informed of who to contact for what reason. Medstar always puts the patient first.
Position
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 9, 2017
They offer me the position and then took the position back stating that my Medical Assistant wasn't current. If you read the job description it states that they looking for someone that has a phlebotomist certification. I met all the requirements and they took it back two days before orientation. And the pay wasn't all that
Pros
Never again
Cons
Never again
good place to learn and enjoy doing what I love which is caring for my patients.
CLINICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VADecember 28, 2016
Every day is fresh, planned and carefully managed to maintain our patients safety and perform according to established policies and procedures. I learn what it takes be there for our patient really means on my daily interaction.
Pros
learning opportunities
it was fun to work there
Nursing assistance and Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  3 Ease, 2 West, Children unitNovember 4, 2016
enjoy working with my team member. learn about good customer service. the customer, the patient and there family. the hardest part is when a co-worker or patient die.
Relaible place to work
RN BSN (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2016
Rehabilitation hospital taking care of pediatric population with traumatic brain injury, Patient with stroke , Cardiac and spinal cord injuries.Patient nurse ratio is between 3 to 6. Continuous inservice for staff and managements.Team work and good interpersonal relationships encouraged. NRH is a diverse institution from different country background admitted their patient from all country including middle east and from Africa.
Pros
good health care benifits
Cons
parking is charged
great
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAAugust 15, 2016
Great job with friendly people. Mature people that give you respect. Company is very organized and knows what they want in every associate. Anywhere you go whether its dc or maryland or VA they are happy to meet you and treat you very welcome. The team members all value what the companys stands for and their beliefs.
Cons
trainning was far
Customer services
housekeeping support to patients and workers (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 17, 2016
My most typical day at work I leraned how make different sauces I managed to get it all done in a timely manner my co workers where surprised on how fast I learn the most hardest part was me tasting it all & thinking it would'nt come out right the most enjoyable part was they loved my sauces.
Unit Clerk in the Emergency wing
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2016
Dealt directly with patients

Worked as the communication line between patients and nurses

Data Entry of patient data and procedures such as labs and X-Rays

Complied to HIPPA laws and Regulations.
Pros
Night Shift
Very Productive
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2016
This job gave me the ability to be around people who are physically challenged like myself. It taught me some much about how to overcome challenges and to use my skills to my advantage. Without NRH I don't think I would be as confident in myself like I am now. I learned that regardless of your condition that you can do anything in life and that nothing is impossible.
Pros
Great Benefits
Good place to be
Patrol Officer First Class (PFC) (promotion) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2016
my co owrkers are the best.The team rapport we have makes work at lot easier to handle. When we work together as a team it makes our workm load a lot easier and effective.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medstar National Rehabilitation Network. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2