Medstar National Rehabilitation Network

Medstar National Rehabilitation Network Employee Reviews

Very diverse, I love working and interacting with people from all walks of life
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Clinton,MdJune 11, 2015
I something different everyday in reference to Medstars spirit value and procedures as well as a typical day seeing between 75-100 patients which keeps us busy The hardest part of the job s standing on my feet for such long periods of time. The most enjoyable part are the patients because everyday is never the same.
Convenient for College Students
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 29, 2015
This is a great position for those who are looking into becoming a physical therapist. You will get tons of direct patient care experience that will make you very comfortable being alone with patients. The flexi pool position is a sacrifice of Saturdays but it requires sacrifice to get where you would like to be in life.
working hard
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 24, 2015
This is the kind of place that you can't trust anyone in a managers roll. they don't hold the right people accountable for their actions.
Ultrasound Tech
Registered Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Washington DCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: nice place to work.
Cons: paid parking
You did a variety of ultrasound and orthopedic xray studies. The physicians were nice. The patients were sometimes difficult to perform studies on due to being wheel bound. Parking is paid.
Very professional environment
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2015
I enjoyed assisting a wide variety of patient therapy needs.

Became quite familiar with ROM and gait expertise as pertains to treatment of patients.
Productive, positive, motivating environment
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great management, extremely organized, amazing employees
Cons: strenuous, emotionally draining at times
Within The National Rehabilitation Hospital, I learned a tremendous amount working alongside patients with traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, cardiac patients, stroke victims, amputees, and – more... more. In this setting, I learned how to transfer patients, check vital signs, and operate rehabilitation equipment. I also learned how to perform therapeutic exercises, construct wheelchairs, and create patient feedback forms for inpatients. The hardest part of my job was learning how to efficiently work with patients who suffered from cognitive deficiencies, and working through language barriers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being exposed to so much knowledge and innovation within one setting. I loved the positive environment of The National Rehabilitation Hospital and all of the amazing people within it. – less
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Chevy Chase, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: company culture
Cons: pay
Everyone is friendly, the management is top-notch.

The best part about working at medstar is the company culture. They do a great job of having orientations and parties for the employees and you really feel like a part of something bigger and better than just a out-patient clinic.
fun place to be
Special Police Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 14, 2014
I have been with Medstar for 10 years now. a typical day is coming to work, securing the building no problems. The one thing I have learned is expect the unexpected. The management is great. they are good – more... people to work for. My coworkers make it so you wanna come to work. The hardest part of my job is getting close to the patients and they end up leaving, weither its thru death or just leaving the hospital. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching patients come threw the doors not walking or talking but after intense therpy they leave the facility walking and talking. – less
Great place to get the good and bad of healthcare
Rehabilitation Care Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, decent pay, great experience for nursing students.
Cons: poor communication skills of managerial staff.
A typical day at NRH involves patient care of patients who partially or completely dependent of staff. It requires patience, compassion, and teamwork. I learned that even when the staff does not recognize – more... your worth or work ethic, the patients definitely see it. It is important to work as a team to complete some of your harder tasks - such as lifting a patient.

The hardest part of the job, is not being appreciated for the work that you have to put in every time you come into work. However, the best part of work is having a patient thank you for helping them when they needed it most. Sometimes all our patients may want is a warm blanket, a glass of water, or to be turned in their bed.

It is moments like these that make you continue to work at an establishment. – less
Excellent atmoshphere, quality employees.
Physical Therapist Assistant-PRN (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 27, 2014
I have enjoyed working as a PRN employee with NRH. My co-workers are friendly and we help each other for a true teamwork experience.
Travel Agency Clinical Nurse II
Travel Agency Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 16, 2014
Perform independent health assessments of individuals and families by evaluating their physical, mental, social and environmental health status; and provide nursing intervention based on need of assessment.
Patients Are First Priority
Material Support Manager & Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: fun team member events
Cons: promotion opportunities
The best part of Medstar NRH is working directly with the medical staff, to meet the needs of the patients while providing a fun therapeutic atmosphere to heal, learn, and grow.
State of the Art, professional environment, great team work.
rehabilitation/pain psychologist (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 19, 2014
Pros: highly professional, great team work, intellectually challenging
Friendly and professional environment. Great team work, challenging and fulfilling work experiences.
Old School
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: approachable doctors, parties
Cons: poorly functioning management, weak work culture, poor and inconsistent staffing
NRH will always hold a special place in my heart, but there are many things that they need to work on. Job culture is not very supportive. Many older nurses who are just worn out and resistant to change. – more... Evidence of seniority and favoritism everywhere; the old eat the young. Really needs an overhaul: Lazy, non-effective nurses need to be let go, administration should focus on improving work climate, improving staffing, and providing a clear clinical ladder for staff. Scheduling used to be flexible, but new management is coming in, so that may change. – less
Productive workplace.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2014
Overall good company, great benefits and opportunity for growth.
Fun Work Environement
Admission Representative (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2014
A great place to work staff is excellent here. The people who work here are great and we have such great customer friendly service to everyone including staff and customers
work environment is not accommodating
PRN (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 28, 2013
Pros: co-workers interaction and holiday benefit
Cons: does not accommodate staff needs regarding time-off request
Management is not pro-staff, does not accommodate the needs of staff.
A productive Medical Records Department
Medical Tech II (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 28, 2013
Pros: awesome cafeteria with affordable prices
Cons: contract work
I was responsible for handling the medical records for the patients . I filed, made notes, performed data entry duties , and corresponded with various offices within the hospital. Oftentimes, I delivered – more... charts to different departments and on a daily basis, I picked charts up and dealt with them respectably.The management team was full of energy and very professional. This job was fun to report to on a daily and was full of new experiences. Unfortunately, it was contracted out and job security was at risk.I learned that people in the healthcare profession are very compassionate.I enjoyed the workplace environment very much and wasn't displeased with anything. The hardest part of the job was getting there. – less
Patient Finance Dept
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 1, 2013
Great place to work...........................................................................................................
It is nice to work there with a good benefits
Diet Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 23, 2013
Pros: some of the benefits has a good health insurance
Cons: there are shortages of workers and the work is overloaded on the other workers on the weekend
I learned many things such as team work and patience when dealing with patients. The co workers are organized and hard workers. The hardest part of the job was working on the weekend because many workers are off on these days and the workload is upon the individual workers The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the patients with good meals.

About Medstar National Rehabilitation Network

MedStar National Rehabilitation Network provides the very best in rehabilitative services, including: Award-winning inpatient – Read more