Medstar National Rehabilitation Network

Medstar National Rehabilitation Network Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace with room for advancement.
Rehab Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day involves patient care and interaction. as this was a rehab we didn't have too many codes, rapid responses, or deaths. I worked her for four years and learned A LOT! I learned about different medical condition, how to work under pressure, and was able to figure out what career I wanted to pursue. the staff and patients were all diverse and from all walks of life. I never really had a hard time while working here. I only left because I couldn't handle working in a hospital setting when my mother passed. I needed to take a step back and regroup. I appreciate the way the staff supported my decision to leave and helped me through what could only be described as the most difficult time in my life.
Pros
great learning environment. great staff. felt like family.
Cons
sometimes the work is hard on your body.
I got some good experience there
Statistician (Former Employee) –  DC, DCFebruary 20, 2017
The university has been making huge progress in recent years and has built solid reputation in almost every aspect, I had worked there as a RA to assist some professors there,.
Intern
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2017
Great experience as an intern, many opportunities, hard to get into there full time after an internship. Everyone was very nice. Great opportunities and great projects.
Protective Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2017
Every day this place makes miracles happen from kids not being able to walk, to adults not being able to speak. This place is great be at because you get to meet a lot of people and difference cultures.
Teamwork
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2017
I work with an interdisciplinary team to coordinate and plan for our patients safe discharges home or to another level of care. I assess patients’ support system, needs, and barriers to discharge. I provide timely clinical reviews to third party payers for continued authorization and coverage of services. I educate patients and families about the rehabilitation plan of care, estimated length of stay and recommendations for continued care needs.
Great team of coworkers
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2017
Having a great team makes the job fun and easier. When you start you meet and immediately know the chain of command, which is great because you are informed of who to contact for what reason. Medstar always puts the patient first.
Position
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 9, 2017
They offer me the position and then took the position back stating that my Medical Assistant wasn't current. If you read the job description it states that they looking for someone that has a phlebotomist certification. I met all the requirements and they took it back two days before orientation. And the pay wasn't all that
Pros
Never again
Cons
Never again
good place to learn and enjoy doing what I love which is caring for my patients.
CLINICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VADecember 28, 2016
Every day is fresh, planned and carefully managed to maintain our patients safety and perform according to established policies and procedures. I learn what it takes be there for our patient really means on my daily interaction.
Pros
learning opportunities
it was fun to work there
Nursing assistance and Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  3 Ease, 2 West, Children unitNovember 4, 2016
enjoy working with my team member. learn about good customer service. the customer, the patient and there family. the hardest part is when a co-worker or patient die.
Relaible place to work
RN BSN (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2016
Rehabilitation hospital taking care of pediatric population with traumatic brain injury, Patient with stroke , Cardiac and spinal cord injuries.Patient nurse ratio is between 3 to 6. Continuous inservice for staff and managements.Team work and good interpersonal relationships encouraged. NRH is a diverse institution from different country background admitted their patient from all country including middle east and from Africa.
Pros
good health care benifits
Cons
parking is charged
great
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAAugust 15, 2016
Great job with friendly people. Mature people that give you respect. Company is very organized and knows what they want in every associate. Anywhere you go whether its dc or maryland or VA they are happy to meet you and treat you very welcome. The team members all value what the companys stands for and their beliefs.
Cons
trainning was far
Customer services
housekeeping support to patients and workers (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 17, 2016
My most typical day at work I leraned how make different sauces I managed to get it all done in a timely manner my co workers where surprised on how fast I learn the most hardest part was me tasting it all & thinking it would'nt come out right the most enjoyable part was they loved my sauces.
Unit Clerk in the Emergency wing
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2016
Dealt directly with patients

Worked as the communication line between patients and nurses

Data Entry of patient data and procedures such as labs and X-Rays

Complied to HIPPA laws and Regulations.
Pros
Night Shift
Very Productive
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2016
This job gave me the ability to be around people who are physically challenged like myself. It taught me some much about how to overcome challenges and to use my skills to my advantage. Without NRH I don't think I would be as confident in myself like I am now. I learned that regardless of your condition that you can do anything in life and that nothing is impossible.
Pros
Great Benefits
Good place to be
Patrol Officer First Class (PFC) (promotion) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2016
my co owrkers are the best.The team rapport we have makes work at lot easier to handle. When we work together as a team it makes our workm load a lot easier and effective.
Fast paced no slowing down making time fly by
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 31, 2016
I would typically open the clinic in the morning for the ear, nose and throat Doctors to see all patient scheduled and into the rooms after they all were triage. I had lots of willing coworkers ready to lend a hand in the busy Parkland Health System.
Cons
I had to pay for my daily parking that was super costly daily. NO employee spaces
Face pace enviroment, with all round opportunity to learn
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 6, 2016
Good place to work for balance between work and personal life. Limited mobility for those wishing to have entry management experience. Most enjoyable part of job was my encounter with our clients. The company's reputation makes it a much sort place to for rehabilitation.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Limited upward mobility
good experience
Research Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 2, 2016
I have a good working relationship with Medstar clinicians. I worked on a multidisciplinary group with physical therapists that helps stroke patient, They are very helpful on providing me insight on stroke rehabs.
Productive clean work environment
Rehab Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Washington DCFebruary 28, 2016
I have worked with Medstar for over 10 years and the environment is Clean, Productive and very professional. The staff are all very supportive of the patients care and wellbeing.
Very exceptional place to work
Rehabilitation Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the people who entered the facility who were extremely sick, recover to near normal state
Cons
12 hour work shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medstar National Rehabilitation Network. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2