Medstar National Rehabilitation Network

Medstar National Rehabilitation Network Employee Reviews

Very exceptional place to work
Rehabilitation Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the people who entered the facility who were extremely sick, recover to near normal state
Cons
12 hour work shift
Different Environment
Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2016
A typical work day as an assistant manager is atypical. No two days are the same. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with the patients and working with some of the nurses, who are amazing.
Pros
pay
Cons
no 12 hr shifts for management
Never do Fulltime.
Acute Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 16, 2015
The Company does not have enough parking for its employees and makes you park in MD. There are only 3 techs for 50 therapist. The working environment is horrible. Employees never stay longer than a year in the Rehab Dept. I've been with the company for five years and the benefits are great, however, the rehab dept not so much.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Parking, Management, Compensation, Respect
Progressive Healthcare organization with great culture
Vice President and Chief Philanthropy Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 31, 2015
Fantastic place to work and your build career. Terrific culture with accountability and recognition for the work you do on the team.
Pros
Great culture
A very comfortable and homely environment to work
Registered Nurse (Clinical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 4, 2015
A typical day is to assist patient to get back to their normal life routine or near to normal. The nurse- patient ratio is at most 1:7 and the least ratio is 1:4 when the census is low. Your co-workers are very understanding and cooperative most of the time. The hardest part of the job is when your patients refuses care and their is nothing you can do to convince them to get the care they need. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a patients who were incapacitated on admission, walk and do things for themselves that they were unable to do on admission.
Pros
healthcare, benefits
Cons
unable to make once schedule
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2015
Cleaning and making sure projects was taking care of before the end of the night. Management was lazy couldve been better, no help at all. The hardest part of my job is when we was short staffed and everything still needed to get completed
It is productive and fun
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Whashington, DCSeptember 10, 2015
It us a very exciting place working in multicultural environment make the day go fast, they have a big gym and observing all different physical and occupational therapy give me an idea to how to deal with patients with disabilities
Good Company
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MdSeptember 8, 2015
I currently work at the Bethesda location. Fun atmosphere, but VERY BUSY Location. The patients are friendly at times, I'm real close with certain co workers. Great company since it has a lot of locations in the area for patients that can't be seen or anything.

Management sucks, no room for advancement. You have to know someone to move up or be the right "color" if you know what I mean.

Pay is average. Benefits are awesome.

Your off on major holidays. Wish we would close early on Fridays like normal doctor offices would and also receive free lunch, don't see why we can't.
Benefits
Provide secretarial duties
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2015
NRH is not the greatest place to work. The energy is off it was not easy to work in a environment where people do not say hi. I would say patients are given great rehabilitation activities to assist with recovery. Over all it was not a healthy place to be a employee
Excellent work culture and fostering of growth
Clinical Affiliation (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2015
Staff at NRH, Medstar in Washington, DC are friendly, personable. Management is there to foster growth and promote a patient friendly environment.
Cons
Large patient population, resources limited by hospital setting.
Very diverse, I love working and interacting with people from all walks of life
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton,MdJune 11, 2015
I something different everyday in reference to Medstars spirit value and procedures as well as a typical day seeing between 75-100 patients which keeps us busy The hardest part of the job s standing on my feet for such long periods of time. The most enjoyable part are the patients because everyday is never the same.
Convenient for College Students
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 29, 2015
This is a great position for those who are looking into becoming a physical therapist. You will get tons of direct patient care experience that will make you very comfortable being alone with patients. The flexi pool position is a sacrifice of Saturdays but it requires sacrifice to get where you would like to be in life.
working hard
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 24, 2015
This is the kind of place that you can't trust anyone in a managers roll. they don't hold the right people accountable for their actions.
Ultrasound Tech
Registered Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 23, 2015
You did a variety of ultrasound and orthopedic xray studies. The physicians were nice. The patients were sometimes difficult to perform studies on due to being wheel bound. Parking is paid.
Pros
nice place to work.
Cons
paid parking
Very professional environment
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2015
I enjoyed assisting a wide variety of patient therapy needs.

Became quite familiar with ROM and gait expertise as pertains to treatment of patients.
Productive, positive, motivating environment
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2015
Within The National Rehabilitation Hospital, I learned a tremendous amount working alongside patients with traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, cardiac patients, stroke victims, amputees, and more. In this setting, I learned how to transfer patients, check vital signs, and operate rehabilitation equipment. I also learned how to perform therapeutic exercises, construct wheelchairs, and create patient feedback forms for inpatients. The hardest part of my job was learning how to efficiently work with patients who suffered from cognitive deficiencies, and working through language barriers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being exposed to so much knowledge and innovation within one setting. I loved the positive environment of The National Rehabilitation Hospital and all of the amazing people within it.
Pros
great management, extremely organized, amazing employees
Cons
strenuous, emotionally draining at times
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Everyone is friendly, the management is top-notch.

The best part about working at medstar is the company culture. They do a great job of having orientations and parties for the employees and you really feel like a part of something bigger and better than just a out-patient clinic.
Pros
company culture
Cons
pay
fun place to be
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2014
I have been with Medstar for 10 years now. a typical day is coming to work, securing the building no problems. The one thing I have learned is expect the unexpected. The management is great. they are good people to work for. My coworkers make it so you wanna come to work. The hardest part of my job is getting close to the patients and they end up leaving, weither its thru death or just leaving the hospital. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching patients come threw the doors not walking or talking but after intense therpy they leave the facility walking and talking.
Great place to get the good and bad of healthcare
Rehabilitation Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2014
A typical day at NRH involves patient care of patients who partially or completely dependent of staff. It requires patience, compassion, and teamwork. I learned that even when the staff does not recognize your worth or work ethic, the patients definitely see it. It is important to work as a team to complete some of your harder tasks - such as lifting a patient.

The hardest part of the job, is not being appreciated for the work that you have to put in every time you come into work. However, the best part of work is having a patient thank you for helping them when they needed it most. Sometimes all our patients may want is a warm blanket, a glass of water, or to be turned in their bed.

It is moments like these that make you continue to work at an establishment.
Pros
flexible schedule, decent pay, great experience for nursing students.
Cons
poor communication skills of managerial staff.
Excellent atmoshphere, quality employees.
Physical Therapist Assistant-PRN (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 27, 2014
I have enjoyed working as a PRN employee with NRH. My co-workers are friendly and we help each other for a true teamwork experience.