MedStar Washington Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Negative workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician I (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 4, 2017
Terrible management. Not at all nurturing and very hostile work environment. No catered to patient needs or the needs of employees. The initial orientation would fool you but please do not be mislead, this is a terrible and stressful work environment with terrible pay as well.
Pros
Cons
barely any breaks, harassment for things out of your control, no vacation time
Medical Informatics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 16, 2017
It was hard to work there with out having a parking space.I found it to be difficult to take the shuttle come back the other way.It is a great place to work and I enjoyed working there and learned a lot.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No parking for new employees
great rotation site
Student (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2017
Very friendly staff, but will also test your knowledge at every step. Very busy site and there is always something to do. Nearly every cardiac procedure is done at this hospital and they will let you observe/participate in most of them.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2017
Great work environment. Very Diverse employee structure. Excellent Tuition Reimbursement program. The hardest part of about the job was the ( 120 miles a day commute)
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
commuting from Baltimore to DC
Excellent opportunities to learn and grow
Patient Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2016
Medstar Washington Hospital Center is a great place to learn and grow. The senior management is friendly and invested in the staff members. The culture of caring definitely comes from the top.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Commute
I loved working for Medstar
Stroke Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2017
Good place to work and i really like the people. Hope you can find a good job there some are very intense while others are easier. Nursing is good, salaries are far.
Pros
People are great
Cons
Not much loyalty
Ping pong Table
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2017
Ensure that patients charts were ready for their appointments with the assigned cardiologist. I learned how to request patients documents from there primary care Physician
Pros
free parking
Cons
Short breaks
environmental service
Environment Services Technician (Contractual) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2017
the good was great. i loved the managers were awesome. they were really down to earth. i cleaned and meet new people. i loved the group meeting we had before each shift
Each day ia different
Logi- D Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 16, 2016
Management is very supportive. The hospital is really big about putting "Patient's First", I look forward to going into work, knowing that I make a big difference in a patients visit.
Pros
Endless network opportunities
Cons
N/A
It's a great hospital!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2017
I work on Mother/baby units & i love it. The units are well kept under control. everyone gets well along. I can definitely recomand this hospital for a GREAT birth experiance.
Worst Job Culture
Cancer Program Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 20, 2016
a typical work day with no motivation or encouragement from management. No room for creativity or self improvement. It is a very biased location with employee favoritism.
Lead Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2017
This is a great place to work. The management cares about the employees and the work load. Team atmosphere and everyone gets along with one anther.
i am unsure
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 20, 2017
Registering patients and greeting and assisting patients and visitors

I am unsure about this position. I will let you be the jugde .
great place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2017
I feel like this a great place to work. Alot of opportunity to move higher. i learned alot working in this position you should apply here.
Training and Management
Financial Clearance Rep (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 15, 2016
The position is great and co-workers are okay but no one is willing to train you for the task and that is a shame, it was really unfortunate that anyone gets hired at Medstar Washington Hospital Center and you are being told you came at the wrong time I felt terrible and like a third wheel out of place.
Pros
the benefits are great
Cons
the training and management is terrible
the overall experience of the job
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 28, 2016
the job was a very relaxed job the unit really makes the difference. but overall every unit is good and has there own strong points .
Patient first
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2016
Dedicated to patients and staff. Excellent learning environment for staff. Strong knowledgeable teaching provided to the patients. Very hard but rewarding job with great co-workers.
Pros
Supportive team work
Cons
Large amount of very sick patients with little or no treatment for a cure.
Interesting
Nutrition Assistant Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2016
My experience working here is ok. I feel that the mangers at this job doesn't really listen. I think its either there way or no way
Always something new in the ER
RN, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 3, 2015
Currently I work as a nurse in an inner city emergency room. I love the fast paced environment of the ER, but also open to other options. I am a quick learner - you have to be in the emergency room! I work well with others. I have learned so much during my time at WHC the past three years. I have seen everything from a sore throat to an aortic tear to gun shot wound(s). You never know what will walk (or be brought) through the door next. The most enjoyable part of my job is treating the critically ill and seeing their improvements. I also have amazing co workers and that always is a plus to have. I love it because if you ever have a bad day, you know that there are your co-workers there to build you back up.
Medstar
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at the facility, but there were too many employee changes within the practice (very high turnover). The last individuals were easy to work with, they were a great team. The management weren't so great. Most of the patients were very nice and respectful. Overall it was a good practice except for the treatment we received from some of the phycisians.
Pros
LOCATION, MOSTLY ENJOYABLE JOB
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, MISTREATED SOMETIMES

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Our community is ready to answer.

MedStar Washington Hospital Center Reviews by Location