MEDSTAR

MEDSTAR Employer Reviews

Fast paced orthopedic office
MEDICAL SECRETARY (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: doctors were great; very supportive
Worked there for 10 years, taking care of patients from check-in to check-out, verifying insurance, collecting co-pays, reconciling balance sheets, uploading and downloading transcription from a share file software program. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the patients and the doctors.
great place to work
clinc director (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: paid vacation, full benefits
very exceptional work environment, no cons that can come up , great experience doctors to learn from
good place to work overall
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Yakima, WAMay 27, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: manage did hjave favorites and it was obvious and plant manager didnt care
management always had open door policy, company cared about there employees. we had lunch meeting and they always bought lunch. they also did barbeques and gave holiday gifts
fast paced workplace
CMA (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 19, 2014
Pros: nice lunches, nice pay, no traveling
Cons: bad management, benefits a little expensive
A typical day here would be busy. Depending upon what specialist your with would depend on what you do that day. You work with 28 orthopaedic doctors in one practice. You may not work with all of them but you work with most of them. The hardest part of the job is lack of administration here. When there is an issue, it normally is never dealt with.
Job was fun at times. Learned a lot of different skils
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2014
Pros: flexability of duties.
Cons: you never knew where you really stood with management in terms of job security.
Job duties varied and allowed for a lot of different and fun experiences.
Fast paced clinic with good organization
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Franklin Square Medical CenterMay 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits, holidays off and weekends off
Cons: a lot of times we worked with minimal staff
Worked in an outpatient setting for OB ,GYN patients in a clinical atmosphere.Worked with twelve residents,eight ob attending physicians, and twelve nurses in an out patient setting.I learned a lot of medical terms related to ob prenatal care and normal testing during prenatal visits. There were friendly staff that worked together in a professional – more... setting.. The hardest part of working in this clinic was that it was very busy and I had to be fast when patients were getting discharged so that there were no patients waiting a long time.I have been with Medstar for twenty-five years and I enjoyed going to work no matter what was in store for me that particular day .I have had a great learning experience and I would do it all over again if I had to. – less
very understanding with work schedule alowing you to get as many hours as you need.
Help Desk (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: work is fun and i love feeling usefull and helping others.
Cons: the drive was far
arrive to work at 6am sign in to desktop sign in to all programs needed also make sure that you go over any new information after that answer phones at your help desk then trouble shoot and help all customers to the best of my ability help my co-workers and provion faxes and all walkins you recieve until im am relieved.
Enjoyable, Fulfilling
Driver (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: annual bonus / employee holiday activities
Cons: no healthcare
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with Special Ed Clients. My Co-workers are all great.
Productive and great place to work
Off Site Practice Billing Manager (Current Employee), South Miami, FloridaOctober 2, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: workload is heavy
This is definitely a wonderful place to work. You are given your tasks and duties and are given the opportunity to complete them your own way. That is definitely a plus. I learned a lot of new skills and was able to advance quickly. Co-workers are great and helpful. It is definitely a team working environment. Flexibility is great; was able to work – more... from home when needed after a few years there. Workload is definitely large but you are given ample time to complete it. – less
Feels good to help people
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: there are so many good people out there that needed help
Cons: not enough people to help
Good to meet variety range of people and personality
Feel the need to help those that unable to help themselves
got a great appreciation from each client
Highly productive workplace
Electronic Cash Processor (Former Employee), Nottingham, MDSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: co-worker teams
Cons: no room for advancement; favoritism for advancement.
I have enjoyed working here, especially with my team. A few of us worked well together as a whole yet there were others who have not worked at all. They were usually friends of those in management and over time were advanced themselves. The hardest part of the job was training friends of management promoted above me.
Overall excellent health care system to work for!
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Franklin Square HospitalSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: very generous benefits and salary
Cons: a bit less close-knit than in earlier years due to size and scope of organization.
I've worked for MedStar for a very long time. This healthcare organization offers a beautiful campus, excellent benefits, tuition reimbursement, career advancement and excellent salary.
Sometimes good.
Paramedic (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2013
Overworked, underpaid, management had flaws, but this was several years ago.
Caring and clear expectations presented to all employees.
Part Time Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2013
Pros: enjoyable place to work., all levels of care were one cohesive unit with patient satisfaction as ultimate goal.
Cons: unit was disbanded due to financial not medical decision. physicians were upset at closing.
Management and co-workers were caring, supportive individuals on all levels from practice manager, physicians, medical assistants, clerical and support staff. Work place atmosphere was friendly and patients always came first.
Hardest part of the job was leaving due to closing of unit.
Performed deployment of new office computer systems
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 22, 2013
Pros: knowledgeble and cooperative team members
A typical day would be to confirm client is prepared for system upgrade. Then deploy, setup hw/sw, confirm network connectivity.
Friendly place with dedicated staff
Radiology Call Center Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: inspiring and motivating environment
Cons: unpredictable
Typical days here depend on the season and schools being in session. However, it's not wise to say that this is the norm. The management here is fair and the directors are understanding. The hardest part of the job is the absence of patient contact. The most enjoyable, the comradery of the employees.
Excellent Company to work for
Pilot in Command of a medium (Current Employee), Indian Head, MDFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: honest, professional company to work for
Good training, excellent leadership and benefits. Great work schedule, and up front with it's employees. Wish there were more companys like METRO Aviation. Enjoyed working for them.
Fun job not really made for longevity
paramedic (Former Employee), Belleville, ILDecember 11, 2012
Pros: fun coworkers
I loved working here, the mgmt was typical and the hours were stressful but really paid well and had a fun time
A positive workplace with great employees and a very management.
Medical Biller (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 19, 2012
I enjoyed my time with Medstar very much. We were a small extended family. We worked hard but also enjoyed our time during the day. I learned about billing for an OB/GYN practice and was given the opportunity to work on other projects that helped me grow in this field.
Large system with lots of opportunity
Manager, Recruitment (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 13, 2012
Pros: advancement opportunities
This was a great place to work with lots of advancement opportunity, I held 3 positions over 13 years from Recruiter to Recruitment Manager. I can easily recommend Medstar as a great place to work and grow as a professional.