MEDSTAR Employee Reviews

Flexible and a fun atmosphere
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 13, 2016
I start off with clocking in, Do a daily inspection of the vehicle clean as needed, check engine, overview daily route and start to first destination, driving clients to programs or appointments, handling wheelchair bound and walker bound clients and knowledge of wheelchair lift and tie-downs. call into dispatch with each departure, and call in when all clear meaning I've dropped off my last client. Go back to yard and finish up paper work and clock out.
Pros
casual work environment, meet some good people
Cons
no health care
A wonderful place to work at
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 4, 2016
Medstar is a great place to work and the focus is training and safety for the patients and sfaff also the president of Union Memorial is very approachable for the Leaders and associates.
Pros
reasonal fee for parking
Particularly The Damascus MMG
Psc (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 14, 2015
You do not want to work at this site. The employees are clique oriented! Everyone complains about everyone! The staff can be rude at times in addition to no respect on certain levels! The surface will make you think they do a wonderful job however, behind the scenes needs detail tramendously! WorK here at your own risk!
Pros
Doctors are very nice
Cons
Staff is rude!
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDOctober 29, 2015
Work with a great team. Love assisting customers & patients with their medical needs. I have worked here over 20 years. I maintain patient confidentiality and adhere to all company policies. Great place to work but not for the faint at heart.
Pros
Cafeteria & gift shop discounts.
Cons
Not enough employees to process all the work required, Can no longer pay my bill thru employee payroll, Billing and payroll have moved from this site and is very frustrating getting answers.
healthcare
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 26, 2015
A typical day at work would include a overwhelmed amount of work with no proper equipment needed, but with the tremendous help of teamwork gets the job done.
Pros
great staff
Cons
No equipment or supplies
Fun environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDJune 28, 2015
Fun place to work at. Something exciting everyday and always new employees the job more exciting. Enjoy my co-workers and management.
Pros
safe environment
Cons
need salary increase
Job stability and working conditions are getting worse each day.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2015
Typical work day consists of nursing shortage which in turn causes hazardous working conditions. I have had a lot of opportunity to work with complex patients and their families but didn't feel safe at times with working conditions. Management has changed hands 5 times since I have been working there. Co-workers are all in agreement that the nursing patient ratio is unsafe for a labor and delivery unit of this size and complexity. The hardest part of the job is the nurse staffing. I work on a unit that should be staffed with 13 RNs at all times and on an average day there are only 7 to 9 on the floor. I do enjoy my patient population.
Cons
sometimes no breaks on a 12 hour shift.
Great environment to work
Evironmental Aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2015
Patients are put First by all staff, Doctors are very interested in the patient needs and family members concerns. All staff are respected in the work environment.
Pros
friendly and professional
Cons
working on weekends
Busy System
Primary Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Ran 16 calls in 12 hours in a very busy 911 EMS system. Very strict medical protocols and medical control doctor. This is the Best EMS system in the United States.
Pros
excellent protocols
Cons
very busy.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Company was transferred to Practice logix, Server installations, SQL database troubleshooting. Install, and train new clients. Support clients over the phone or at locations. Troubleshooting remotely, and sometimes at the clients office. Used Sales Force to track tickets.
Pros
great enviroment to work
Cons
very long hours
Fast paced orthopedic office
MEDICAL SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2014
Worked there for 10 years, taking care of patients from check-in to check-out, verifying insurance, collecting co-pays, reconciling balance sheets, uploading and downloading transcription from a share file software program. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the patients and the doctors.
Pros
doctors were great; very supportive
great place to work
clinc director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2014
very exceptional work environment, no cons that can come up , great experience doctors to learn from
Pros
paid vacation, full benefits
good place to work overall
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMay 27, 2014
management always had open door policy, company cared about there employees. we had lunch meeting and they always bought lunch. they also did barbeques and gave holiday gifts
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
manage did hjave favorites and it was obvious and plant manager didnt care
fast paced workplace
CMA (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 19, 2014
A typical day here would be busy. Depending upon what specialist your with would depend on what you do that day. You work with 28 orthopaedic doctors in one practice. You may not work with all of them but you work with most of them. The hardest part of the job is lack of administration here. When there is an issue, it normally is never dealt with.
Pros
nice lunches, nice pay, no traveling
Cons
bad management, benefits a little expensive
Job was fun at times. Learned a lot of different skils
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2014
Job duties varied and allowed for a lot of different and fun experiences.
Pros
flexability of duties.
Cons
you never knew where you really stood with management in terms of job security.
Fast paced clinic with good organization
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Franklin Square Medical CenterMay 5, 2014
Worked in an outpatient setting for OB ,GYN patients in a clinical atmosphere.Worked with twelve residents,eight ob attending physicians, and twelve nurses in an out patient setting.I learned a lot of medical terms related to ob prenatal care and normal testing during prenatal visits. There were friendly staff that worked together in a professional setting.. The hardest part of working in this clinic was that it was very busy and I had to be fast when patients were getting discharged so that there were no patients waiting a long time.I have been with Medstar for twenty-five years and I enjoyed going to work no matter what was in store for me that particular day .I have had a great learning experience and I would do it all over again if I had to.
Pros
good benefits, holidays off and weekends off
Cons
a lot of times we worked with minimal staff
very understanding with work schedule alowing you to get as many hours as you need.
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDFebruary 12, 2014
arrive to work at 6am sign in to desktop sign in to all programs needed also make sure that you go over any new information after that answer phones at your help desk then trouble shoot and help all customers to the best of my ability help my co-workers and provion faxes and all walkins you recieve until im am relieved.
Pros
work is fun and i love feeling usefull and helping others.
Cons
the drive was far
Enjoyable, Fulfilling
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with Special Ed Clients. My Co-workers are all great.
Pros
annual bonus / employee holiday activities
Cons
no healthcare
Productive and great place to work
Off Site Practice Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  South Miami, FloridaOctober 2, 2013
This is definitely a wonderful place to work. You are given your tasks and duties and are given the opportunity to complete them your own way. That is definitely a plus. I learned a lot of new skills and was able to advance quickly. Co-workers are great and helpful. It is definitely a team working environment. Flexibility is great; was able to work from home when needed after a few years there. Workload is definitely large but you are given ample time to complete it.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
workload is heavy
Feels good to help people
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 16, 2013
Good to meet variety range of people and personality
Feel the need to help those that unable to help themselves
got a great appreciation from each client
Pros
there are so many good people out there that needed help
Cons
not enough people to help