MEDSTAR

MEDSTAR Employer Reviews

very understanding with work schedule alowing you to get as many hours as you need.
Help Desk (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: work is fun and i love feeling usefull and helping others.
Cons: the drive was far
arrive to work at 6am sign in to desktop sign in to all programs needed also make sure that you go over any new information after that answer phones at your help desk then trouble shoot and help all customers to the best of my ability help my co-workers and provion faxes and all walkins you recieve until im am relieved.
Enjoyable, Fulfilling
Driver (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: annual bonus / employee holiday activities
Cons: no healthcare
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with Special Ed Clients. My Co-workers are all great.
Productive and great place to work
Off Site Practice Billing Manager (Current Employee), South Miami, FloridaOctober 2, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: workload is heavy
This is definitely a wonderful place to work. You are given your tasks and duties and are given the opportunity to complete them your own way. That is definitely a plus. I learned a lot of new skills and was able to advance quickly. Co-workers are great and helpful. It is definitely a team working environment. Flexibility is great; was able to work – more... from home when needed after a few years there. Workload is definitely large but you are given ample time to complete it. – less
Feels good to help people
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: there are so many good people out there that needed help
Cons: not enough people to help
Good to meet variety range of people and personality
Feel the need to help those that unable to help themselves
got a great appreciation from each client
Highly productive workplace
Electronic Cash Processor (Former Employee), Nottingham, MDSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: co-worker teams
Cons: no room for advancement; favoritism for advancement.
I have enjoyed working here, especially with my team. A few of us worked well together as a whole yet there were others who have not worked at all. They were usually friends of those in management and over time were advanced themselves. The hardest part of the job was training friends of management promoted above me.
Overall excellent health care system to work for!
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Franklin Square HospitalSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: very generous benefits and salary
Cons: a bit less close-knit than in earlier years due to size and scope of organization.
I've worked for MedStar for a very long time. This healthcare organization offers a beautiful campus, excellent benefits, tuition reimbursement, career advancement and excellent salary.
Sometimes good.
Paramedic (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2013
Overworked, underpaid, management had flaws, but this was several years ago.
Caring and clear expectations presented to all employees.
Part Time Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2013
Pros: enjoyable place to work., all levels of care were one cohesive unit with patient satisfaction as ultimate goal.
Cons: unit was disbanded due to financial not medical decision. physicians were upset at closing.
Management and co-workers were caring, supportive individuals on all levels from practice manager, physicians, medical assistants, clerical and support staff. Work place atmosphere was friendly and patients always came first.
Hardest part of the job was leaving due to closing of unit.
Performed deployment of new office computer systems
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 22, 2013
Pros: knowledgeble and cooperative team members
A typical day would be to confirm client is prepared for system upgrade. Then deploy, setup hw/sw, confirm network connectivity.
Friendly place with dedicated staff
Radiology Call Center Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: inspiring and motivating environment
Cons: unpredictable
Typical days here depend on the season and schools being in session. However, it's not wise to say that this is the norm. The management here is fair and the directors are understanding. The hardest part of the job is the absence of patient contact. The most enjoyable, the comradery of the employees.
Excellent Company to work for
Pilot in Command of a medium (Current Employee), Indian Head, MDFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: honest, professional company to work for
Good training, excellent leadership and benefits. Great work schedule, and up front with it's employees. Wish there were more companys like METRO Aviation. Enjoyed working for them.
Fun job not really made for longevity
paramedic (Former Employee), Belleville, ILDecember 11, 2012
Pros: fun coworkers
I loved working here, the mgmt was typical and the hours were stressful but really paid well and had a fun time
A positive workplace with great employees and a very management.
Medical Biller (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 19, 2012
I enjoyed my time with Medstar very much. We were a small extended family. We worked hard but also enjoyed our time during the day. I learned about billing for an OB/GYN practice and was given the opportunity to work on other projects that helped me grow in this field.
Large system with lots of opportunity
Manager, Recruitment (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 13, 2012
Pros: advancement opportunities
This was a great place to work with lots of advancement opportunity, I held 3 positions over 13 years from Recruiter to Recruitment Manager. I can easily recommend Medstar as a great place to work and grow as a professional.
Busy and a variety of work to do
Volunteer, Administrative Assistant/ 2D-Medicine (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 1, 2012
Pros: i was volunteer so i had my own hours
Cons: wanted to become full-time
All nurses were great to work with. I learned a lot and they were eager to show me. Dealing withn Occupational health was different because it is the people working for the hospital; rather than a customer walking in for a visit. Positive energy in the department.
Employee friendly and had great exposure to learn new skills.
Integration Analyst (Former Employee), ChennaiJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: employee friendly, good work culture
Cons: nothing to mention
Had a huge responsibility of managing things related testing at sign off time.