Medtech Employee Reviews

Lack of communication and Leadership
Instructor (Adjunct) (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 4, 2016
Direct campus supervisors were great, the issue was corporate not knowing exactly what each job entitled and held the individual campuses back from prospering. Corporate did not allow the subject matter experts to handle their area to ensure the success of the campus/programs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students succeed in their field of study.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits
Cons
Long work hours, no work/family balance, Corporate level decisions, no stability: too many changes constantly that were more hurtful than beneficial to students.
Team Management
Program Director/Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 31, 2016
The culture was enjoyable. A team that worked well together through thick and thin with a single goal of helping young people achieve their educational goals. I loved the impact we had on the community through education, volunteerism and mentoring.
benefits
productive place to work
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2016
This company mentors its employees and offers opportunities for professional development and growth.

The faculty and staff are a very supportive group of people who value hard work and care about their organization.
Pros
Great benefits
Enjoy my job..
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my day is helping students with projects or papers. I do not enjoy the gossip or instability of the employer staff itself.
Pros
Students, some faculty
Cons
Gossip, No benefits
Working with many people and a good environment
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CANovember 10, 2016
I would say this job was one of the top jobs I like I had the weekends off that's a plus you have great hours you are able to get off work at a decent time to have your own time you work with great people and many different kind of people the only thing is you got to make sure that you do your job and not there to make friends you're there too work because you can't get sidetracked but you gotta remember that you're at work the manager is very nice person and was willing to work with you if you are a great worker but metal is a great place to get a job and would love to stay there
Pros
Come across a lot of ordinary objects
Cons
An hour almost lunch great people good hours
Beware of Orlando Campus....DO NOT RECOMMEND!
Allied Health Professor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2016
Medical Assisting and Medical Billing & Coding Professor in the Orlando campus for over two years. I worked the day and night class shift. I truly love what I do and have a strong passion for teaching and educating our future MA's and MBC's!! The first year with this company was OK as far as management, after that it went totally downhill especially after changing owners and staff. I would not recommend working here or going to school here!!! The last year I worked there was the worst experience I have had in my 25 plus years in the field!!! Beware and proceed with caution at your own risk!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
the company is closing soon so I don't feel like this is relevant
Director of Career Services (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 16, 2016
Mis management over the years and the onslaught from the department of Education is causing great proprietary school sto close their doors putting many students at a loss of choices of schools to get educated at.
Pros
our campus president cared about our students and staff
Cons
Upper management made many mistakes causing a financial downfall we could not recover from.
great opportunity to work with young people and help them plan for the future
Director of Medical Laboratory Technology Program (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 27, 2016
fantastic opportunity to help young people plan and work that plan for a successful future. Seeing your students graduate and move on was a very satisfying feeling.
Pros
being able to affect young people's lifes
Cons
incompetent management
A very student-centered teaching environment.
Instructor Licensed Practical Nursing Program (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 4, 2016
Faculty and staff at Medtech were very student-focused and staff-supportive. It was a very positive teaching and learning environment where faculty and staff worked together as a team to deliver high quality education to all students in all programs.
Pros
Supportive faculty and administration
Cons
school has now closed
Changing lives and making a difference.
Director of Student Services (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 11, 2016
Rewarding to change lives and make a difference. Working with students and staff to develop strategies to help students succeed. The team thrived on a collaborative environment. Listening and offering well thought-out solutions as Student Services Coordinator was challenging at times. However, seeing the students succeed with the life challenges that they faces was indeed the most rewarding part of the job.
Never get bored
Nursing Recrutiment/Care Management (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2016
Working for Favorite Nurses allows a nurse to explore so many different avenues in his/her career. I had the opportunity to work at many different places.
The students were great.
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2016
The school is closed due to Department of Education. The school was in violation of fraudulent towards the student's loans and financial aid. Due to the long period of lies and misconceive notions toward the student body, they were lying about graduation status and employment.
Pros
Students gave you a reason to be there
Cons
High turn-over of staff
small college
adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 22, 2016
Small college with small class sizes that trained students well. Teachers could work together easily for the benefit of the students.
Pros
small class sizes
Cons
employee recognition lacking
School
Phlebotomist - Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
I went to Phlebotomy school there and it was great hands on experience only thing I did not like was they did help with job placement at all .
For profit nursing college with multiple facilities
Nursing Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 28, 2016
College supportive of instructor initiative in teaching process but also provided strong NLN guidelines and directives for student benefit.
Good
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 8, 2016
Medtech is a place where all lives matter. The support from coworkers is a plus. The work day was very inspiring to students to move forward with their dreams.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Small, but Great
Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2016
There could have been better communication throughout, but all in all MedTech left a good impression on me. It was a friendly environment with staff and faculty dedicated to helping their students.
Family Oriented Work environment
Program Director of Allied health (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 13, 2016
Medtech employees are one big happy family. We work well together as a team! Always willing to help a student to be successful. We are part of team will to go above and beyond.
Not much in terms for advancement
Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 16, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Medtech. It was a good experience for me because I had the ability to advance unlike most people, which I would say is a bog flaw.
Great co-workers, down to earth and friendly management team
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 6, 2016
Wonderful place to work, Great co-workers, diverse and fun. The pay is not very high, but the students are wonderful and really remind you of the reason one loves to teach. Great location and atmosphere.
Pros
location
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtech. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8