Medtech

Medtech Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place with Residents
REGENCY OF EVERYGREEN VALLEY ASSISTANT LIVING (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Enjoy working at a senior living, however I am looking for morning/day shifts. While working at the senior living facility I was able to get more knowledge on lots of medications. The down fall of the position is that I work mostly PMs.
Loved the students
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 31, 2015
Teaching at Medtech was a mixed bag. Interacting with the students was wonderful and the per-hour pay was great. However, there is no chance for advancement of full-time employment, communication is terrible, and you are only paid for time in the classroom (no-prep).
Good school to attend
student (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 21, 2015
I enjoyed attending this school because of the staff but they are overpriced and will let just anybody attend. It was hard to focus with all the distractions.
Great atmosphere, goals driven, and professional
Financial Aid Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 16, 2015
The culture of Medtech is amazing. The staff, faculty and management team do what they can to make sure the employees and students remain happy. The management team is among the best I've ever had the pleasure of working with. The admissions team is on point and the instructors are very knowledgable. Great family like atmosphere yet very professional
This work place was mainly a learning experience
Assisted Phlebotomy instructor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2015
A typical day here was mainly office administration. I learned the basic office task meaning phone calls , mailing and assisting whenever needed in a timely manner.
Job Security, Poor Work Environment
Supervisor of all care staff (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 26, 2015
Overall a good place to work at.
Not the greatest work environment; lots of unwanted drama in the workplace.
Lacks a sense of professionalism
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Poor Work Environment
Learning
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 19, 2015
This was a temporary position during a high census time. Prepared lesson plans and delivered the information accordingly.
Not much help from administration
Pros
4 hours 2 days per week
Cons
nights
Having Fun While Changing Lives!
Director of Career Services (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2015
Great Co-workers, enjoyable atmosphere, flexible work schedule.

Team Environment. The most enjoyable part is helping to change a students life and seeing the student transition to employment.
Pros
Flexibility
I've learned a lot
Externship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2015
It was a great experience for me, they teach us important things that we are going need to know in this field. This school helped me a lot because I've always wanted to work in a doctors office.
Pros
the teachers are helpful
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work for
Medical Program Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2015
Busy most of the time. we work 10-11 hours a day. Coworkers are great. We enjoy helping the students to make their dreams come true
Pros
Support, flexibility and benifits
Cons
More training is required, clear strategy is lacking
Productive with little dis-organization
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2015
Great place to work but management needs training. The day to day task was not ran smoothly and was very disorganized. This was a good starting job with the possibility for advancement
Enjoyed working with people providing care
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 12, 2015
Resident care is my typical day of work, I learned how to work with all types of residents from different ethics. Hardest part of my job is observing residents with no family. I love making a client feel safe and willing to call me for assistant at anytime.
Good learning environment
Allied Health Instructor (Current Employee) –  Falls church, VAMay 18, 2015
A typical day at Medtech is awesome. The students are phenomenal and shows proper attitude to work. The staff are friendly and willing to help out.

The hardest part is going the extra-mile for students to pass through a class. A feat discouraging commitment and diligence by the students.
Pros
Free Instructor resources
Cons
We took being extraordinary too far.
Great place to work.
File Clerk/Work Study (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2015
Flexible schedules for students and staff. Friendly staff with great attitudes about their jobs and the towards the company. Very helpful in on the job training. Great management.
Pros
Free lunches and pitch ins.
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
Nice company
Waltonwood Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Canton MIMay 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at Waltonwood due to the residents that resided there. They made my day a lot of the time. The company is very nice scenery wise but the management isn't all that great. They were very racial and if you don't kiss up to them and tell everything then they dislike you. the room for advancement is to a minimal.
Pros
great benefits not to costly
Cons
management is horrible
Bad Focus
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INApril 28, 2015
Students are not the number one priority. Feelings are worn on sleeves and are easily hurt.

Students are misled by multiple departments that are supposed to assist the students with important life decisions.
Exciting and Challenging
Crime Scene Technician (Current Employee) –  Northwest regionApril 16, 2015
I enjoy working for MedTech and I am constantly learning new things. It gives me comfort in helping families in such tragic times and hard times
Pros
Get to travel
Excellent Career Opportunity
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 20, 2015
being able to teach students and see them learn and grow in the field they have chosen is a great reward. Medtech is a great place to work and full of people willing to go the extra mile for the students to ensure their success and my success.
Where I was certified
Student (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 19, 2015
BEcoming a phlebotomist is only one step in the direction I want to take my life and career. I want to further my education eventually to become a MLS.
Pros
getting to know the work equipment and proper protocol
Cons
finding the right glove size
Great place for both students and employees
adjunct instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoy working at Medtech. The students are there to learn and work hard to accomlish their goals. As an instructor, I work hard to help my students to achieve their dreams of a new career. The education is top notch and upto date on the technology used in the medical field. The school is constantly updating the text, teaching methods and technology so that our students are the best qualified for positions in hospitals, clinics or doctor's offices in the community. These changes often mean extra work to revamp lesson plans and teaching strategies on short notice to be able to start each quarter or mod off and running the first day.Fortunately co-workers are also competant, experienced educators that are willing to help and offer sugestions on the changes that need to be made.
Pros
worked the hour i wanted, challenging postion
Cons
constant changes to keep abreast of new technology in medical area