Medtronic

Medtronic Employer Reviews

Smart people, meaningful work
Talent Acquisition (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 26, 2014
Mission-driven company that truly values patients, employees and the community. Great benefits with one of the best overall retirement packages of any Fortune 500 company. Extremely smart people, very innovative and collaborative culture
Intensive sales job
Diabetes Therapy Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2014
High pressure sales work, but nice benefits and overtime is always available.

One Friday of every month is "month end" and everybody works 10-14 hour days to meet quotas.
Making a difference
Project Coordinator II (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2014
Pros: variety, my job allows me to do what i'm passionate about (event planning, analyizing data, and technical skills)
Cons: lack of promotional opportunties
My role is key in making sure employees have the tools and knowledge needed to bring our company to the next level. My position involves a variety of tasks from event planning, to technical business analyst, and provide data analytics for my department. I'm looking for opportunities that capitalize on my technical knowledge and positions that involve – more... data analytics. I am a people person who enjoys working in a team environment. I enjoy giving back to the community and I actively volunteer for charities sponsored by Medtronic. – less
Excellent place to work
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Mounds View, MNJuly 9, 2014
Pros: beautiful building, greet cafeteria, it
Amazing place to work. Smart and hard working people in this company.

It's no wonder this company continues to grow.
Productive workplace
SR Tech Specialist II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Logging into work first thing.Basically you are on your own from the get go but it is more about independence and not having management micro manage you as you do your job, There are plenty of pros and cons to the job but that is in every job. I enjoy this job do to the team work within our company.
Stimulating and rewarding work environment
Corporate Expert on STS Blood Management (Former Employee), Minneapolis MNJuly 2, 2014
Pros: freedom to work independently and great travel experience
Cons: some long days
Traveled the US providing support for sales force and clinical practice
outstanding company
Principal Scientist (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: largest medical technology company
Cons: could be larger
Medtronic is the world’s largest medical technology company, offering an unprecedented breadth and depth of innovative therapies to fulfill our Mission of alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life. Last year, more than 9 million people benefited from our medical therapies, which treat cardiac and vascular diseases, diabetes, and neurological – more... and musculoskeletal conditions. – less
good place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaJune 27, 2014
Provide great work-life balance program for employees. Good benefit package and very happy working environment
demand
Clinical Pump Consultant, Southern IN Region (Current Employee), Southern INJune 25, 2014
not a huge demand and wish I could pick up more pump starts, Love working with insulin dependent diabetes but not getting many referrals.
Productive Workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Danvers, MAJune 24, 2014
Pros: very clean environment.
Cons: chemicals from the coating started giving me nose bleeds.
Productive place learned a lot about heart catheters and the different types.
Related with all different type of management folks
Senior Store Planner / Project Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2014
Pros: used their health fitness center
Cons: good health care benefits
A typical day at work was surveying all the buildings in the complex.
Learned how to communicate with contractors an all diversified projects, great relationship with co-workers and there was not really a hard part of the job i enjoyed being part of Medtronic.
A call center that is quite above the rest of them out there.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, location close to home, co-workers
Cons: company metric expectations, lack of advancement due to favoritism
This type of industry to work in became real personal, in a good way, because of the product that they were giving to their patients. The co-workers for the most part enjoyed the job and the benefits were pretty good too.

The negative things about the job were the fact that they would reduce lunches without notice, and the company metrics were really – more... hard to reach because of the constant changes of their requirements.

Overall, it was a good company to work for. – less
Enjoyable, professional and engaging working environment.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJune 19, 2014
Great place to work at. Learned so much technically and professionally.
This is an excellent company
HVAC Técnico (Current Employee), Humacao,Puerto RicoJune 19, 2014
This is a great company and thank you for opportunity to work for many years with medtronic
I love Medtronic. I enjoy the people that I work with. I feel like I am helping to fulfill their mission. I feel like I cant take time off and succeed
Coronary Sales Representative (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 17, 2014
Pros: opportunity in skills and knowledge growth
Cons: not much work/life balance
I couldnt enjoy a job more then this. I need to be at home just a tad bit more. I find myself on the road 24/7 for 3 days a week bi-weekly and gone 10+ hours a day the rest of the time. I love it, but am realizing that I need a bit more balance. It has come to the point that it will require a pay cut. I feel that I can suceed, still give above and beyond, – more... but need to slow down a little bit. It doesnt mean that I cant give 110% somewhere else!! However, there are companies out there that require their employees balance and make that a mission within their culture, as I have worked for them before. It will be a transition, but worth it.
I get to sale the worlds greatest technology, in the most competitive environment. I sale to extremly intelligent doctors that challange me daily, I work with brilliant and the best sales people in the health care industry. The push me to be better and I challange them as well. We compliment each other. There is conflict between the group and we always resolve it and move on.
I love my team and my customers, but I have responsibilities that need to coinside with it. – less
Fast Paced
Supervisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 17, 2014
Great Company that tought me many things that I will never forget and would like to take these tools and develope myself more within another company.
High volume project
Quality Assurance Validation Analyst (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNJune 10, 2014
As a contractor, I worked on a short-term project. Validated script writing, testing, and auditing process.
Productive work place
Assembler (Former Employee), Brooklyn ParkJune 10, 2014
Pros: ping pong tabe
Cons: not enough places to park
It was a good place to work that I feel helped me with skills I will use later in my life.
Productive and challange work place
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), PRJune 10, 2014
Medtronic is a challange and active envirmonet for contious learning. Its daly activities keep you reasearching and executing while ehacing your knoledge.
Excellent company to work for, have been constricting over 4yrs
Regional Biologics Manager (Current Employee), Apollo Beach, FloridaJune 9, 2014
Pros: good compensation, excellent training, benefits great
Cons: instability in management
Great company to work for! Excellent training and compensation. The company has been constricting over 4yrs causing lots of instability in management.

1 2 3 4 5

About Medtronic

Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell – Read more