Medtronic Employee Reviews

Micro-managed incredibly that doesn't make a difference in my shipments
Diabetes Therapy Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2012
A typical day at work is me looking at leads that come in, review their insurance; coverage, benefits, deductible, authorization required, and then call the patient to go over it with the products on the order. I find out how much insulin they're using and pick the correct pump size, go over infusion sets with them and help them pick the correct one for them. I collect all the documentation I need from doctors offices and patients, such as the prescription, blood sugar logs, office notes, narratives, and lab results and submit them to their insurance for authorization. Once the authorization comes back approved if needed, or the patient decides to handle the balance themselves or is covered at 100% or is approved for financial assistance, we then ship out the pump to them. We have a specific number of shipments we must reach every month in order to reach 100%.

I've built great relationships with people at distributors that do the exact same thing I do just a different company. There are several companies that can process insurances that Medtronic is not in network with, so when that happens, I speak with the patient and let them know I'm sending their file to a distributor and they will verify their benefits. I am still working the file and say updated weekly on the status. I help collect documentation if needed or contact people.

While working at Medtronic, I've learned the whole history behind diabetes, how to verify insurance and work closely with a team to reach specific goals. It's been a great experience but the medical field is not necessarily my calling, but I would
  more... love to become and outside sales representative. At Medtronic it takes someone about 6 years to reach this goal and I'm a go-getter and I know I can become a successful representative now.

The management portion of Medtronic is different. We have a supervisor for my team who is amazing and we all respect him. Then we have our district managers, regional managers and the inside sales manager. There are about 250 diabetes therapy associates, which are broken up into regions, districts and individual territories. Lately there have been so many new "rules" that have come out that micro-manage us so much it's a bit much. The changes the make doesn't prevent or help us from doing our job correctly, it just creates so much more work for us to do that is tedious and unnecessary. The head of inside sales told us that he doesn't know how we do what we do, in regards to shipping pumps and CGMs. He has no idea how to work Centricity or the process we go though to ship out orders, which is not something you should tell your employees.

My co-workers are great, I have a great amount of friends at work. We all help each other out if someone has questions about anything. For the most part, every one is around the same age, give or take 5 years. The team I'm on, Michigan, is extremely helpful, any questions anyone has we either all try to help or go to the person that has the most knowledge for that question. There isn't a person on my team that doesn't help when asked and we all cover for each other if someone is gone for a day or is needing additional help with work overload of patients. I couldn't ask for a better team to be a part of.

The hardest part of the job is doing everyone's job that is included on the file and getting paid the least amount. As a DTA, we must know everything there is to know about the pump, the details and how to verify insurances and how to fix mistakes from the previous person. There are mistakes made daily by either the DTC or the insurance verification team or the territory manager that we must catch and correct. Some DTC's and TM's are more concerned about just getting a patient's file open because that's what they are striving for, but we must process the orders, in which we're striving to ship out. There is always lack of health information, the wrong insurances or benefits, or the patient has no idea about pump therapy. Therefore, we must collect the health information that should be collected before the file is opened, verify the insurance ourselves and send it back to be re-verified by the insurance team, and also sell the patient on pump therapy. The patient should already be sold on the therapy but that's not always the case. We'll spend hours on the phone going over all the details of pump therapy with patients explaining how it works. It's beneficial for the patient if they decide to move forward and are able to afford the pump and get authorization approved, but everyone I've talked to in my position all feel we deserve much more pay for what we have to deal with and correct. We are basically the core to the process, without our position pumps wouldn't ship out.

The most enjoyable part of my job is leaving there everyday knowing you are helping someone make a great change in their life and hear how excited they are to start pump therapy. And know that it could help put an extra 15 years on their life.
Pros
health insurance, 401k, free lunches, incentives, unlimited overtime.
Cons
micro-management, salary.
• Over 10+ years of professional Information Technology experience, with expertise in the field of Enterprise Data Warehousing, Data Integration.
Lead /Architect Data Integration - Informatica (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2014
SUMMARY
• Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements analysis, system analysis, design, development, documentation, training, implementation and post-implementation review.
• Experience in using Informatica ETL tool v9.1.0/9.0.1/8.6.1/8.1.1/7.1.3/6.2/5.1, Informatica PowerExchange 8, Informatica Developer 9.1.0, Informatica Analyst, Informatica Administrator with industry best practices and experience in Reporting tools like Business Objects and Cognos.
• Full life-cycle development experience in Data Warehousing and ETL/Data Integration projects.
• Experience in using Oracle RDBMS v11g/10g/9i with proficiency in writing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures.
• Worked extensively in Design and Development of Data Warehouse and Data Integration projects using ETL tool Informatica Power Center and Data bases like MS SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, Teradata and DB2 and is versed in PL/SQL.
• Experience in creating UNIX shell scripts and Windows Scripting.
• Experience in integration of various data sources from Databases like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and formats like flat-files, CSV files, COBOL files and XML files.
• Extensive experience in performance tuning and code optimization.
• Expert on various UNIX (AIX, SUN, HP - UX and SVR) systems and Scheduling tools like AUTOSYS, Tivoli & CONTROL-M.
• Extensive experience in SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures/packages, Functions, Triggers, Synonyms,
  more... Sequences, Materialized Views and other Oracle Objects and UNIX/Linux environments and Shell scripting.
• Possessing strong leadership qualities, good communication, strong interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, good team coordination and commitment to work.
• Having good Analytical skills in taking innovative decisions and providing solutions.
Leadership Experience:
• Demonstrated Strong Communication, Leadership, Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
• Involved in planning project tasks, estimating project size, scheduling and tracking tasks.
• Proficient in analyzing and translating business requirements to technical requirements.
• Guided the entire project team on the project’s quality process. Conducted variance analysis and defect analysis. Conducted causal analysis meetings and discussed with the project team on the causes and corrective actions and tracked to closure.
• Allocation of tasks to team and guiding team to timely completion of project work.
• Involved in effective reviews of code, test plans and guided the team in following the best code practices and creation of effective test cases.
• Involved in tracking the reviews and testing defects to closure.
• Managing the timely delivery of project work. Providing updates to senior manager on project progress.
• Involved in client status calls every week and provided updates on tasks. Involved in client interaction on any queries / risks in tasks and provided solutions.
• Defined number of process improvement to eliminate the person dependent approach
It's a good job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 17, 2015
I've worked for Medtronic Diabetes for about 8 years.

I started in the in-bound call center making $14.50, moved into order processing, insurance verification,etc. After 8 years I am making about $19.50 an hour with a great 401k plan and really good medical benefits.

Each role I was in over the years has had its common share of work stress but nothing unusual. Of course, there are things that annoy me but I didn't find myself feeling micromanaged or overworked. Some people did. Personally I'm not the type of person to get hyped up about new processes or decisions management makes that I don't understand. I just come in to do my job and leave.

MAJOR PLUS:

-You do feel good about working here because you really are helping people. Medtronic technology is truly life-saving and that's a definite motivator.

-There was almost always overtime available. I often did feel pressured to put in overtime on days that I really wasn't feeling it but...I sucked it up and in the end enjoyed the bigger paycheck.

-There's a Starbucks in the cafeteria at the Northridge location.

-You get quarterly or annual bonuses depending on which department you work in. They are usually around $500 every 3 months, even more for people who work in other departments like StartRight, Pump Order Services, etc. If your bonus is annual, it's a minimum of 5% of your total annual salary + extra if the company performs well.

There were so many around me who had worked for the company for even longer so even though we have a tendency to gripe about this and that, I think that speaks to the quality
  more... of the job/company.  less
Pros
401k is great, overtime is always available, you feel good about helping people improve their health, Starbucks in the building
Cons
Pressure to do overtime, management doesn't listen to good ideas sometimes
Great Hours, Mediocre pay and highly political advancement process
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 7, 2013
The Inside Sales office in San Antonio is basically a glorified call center. On the upside you learn the sales end of the Medical Technology industry on the business to consumer spectrum.

The inside sales positions are a composite of two different roles. The Diabetic Therapy Consultant which initiates contact with diabetic patients that either have never utilized insulin pump therapy, or are existing insulin pump patients and are now eligible for replacement. This position entails being on the phone with patients for 3+ hours per day discussing everything from health issues, to health insurance information. This role also communicates directly with the field team throughout the day to arrange new patient referrals.

The other role which is lower in the organization hierarchy is the Diabetic Therapy Associate. This role receives the leads, which have been opened by the Diabetic Therapy Consultant and then carries the order through to closure. Diabetic Therapy Associates send prescriptions to physicians, work with insurance companies to gain compensation for the orders, and then arrange the financials with the patients. The final stage of the order entails shipping the patients their medical devices.

What an employee will notice right away is that while this company's surface mission is to "change lives", the inside corporate culture could not be farther from the truth. Patients are numbers to this company. They are nothing more than customers. Both roles are highly micromanaged by several layers of management. There are several arbitrary performance metrics that employees are
  more... evaluated on throughout the day, month and quarter. Several times per day employees are given quota after quota after quota. That's not to say that one should be so naive to forget that this company is a business, but at the same time, it becomes obvious after working there for a short while that there is clear disconnect between corporate culture and the company's external mission/brand.  less
Pros
sales incentives
Cons
highly micromanaged.
Leadership Deprived
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 3, 2014
Medtronic is a terrific company that is attempting to navigate the ACA with first priority being to appease Wall Street and the shareholders. In my opinion, this approach may have some short term gain, but the company may suffer in the long term due to the loss and disgruntlement of many high performing employees.

As a sales representative for Medtronic in its Surgical Technologies, Neurosurgery, and Spinal and Biologics business units over the last 11 years, I have been primarily responsible for surgical case coverage, selling, and consultation, for intra-operative navigational capital equipment (Stealth/O-arm,etc.), and high speed drill capital equipment for Neurosurgery, spine surgery,ENT, and orthopedic procedures. Additionally, I was responsible for neurosurgery CSF management products (shunts, catheters, etc.), external ventricular drainage, cranial plating, the many disposables that were necessary to utilize the capital equipment, and the service contracts associated with the care, maintenance, and software upgrades for all the systems.

Over the last 15 years in my work with GE and Medtronic, I have worked out of my home office. Specifically, in medical device sales for Medtronic, a typical day would begin by getting out of the door and to the hospital OR by 6:30am. Most often I would greet any surgeon, circulator, nurse, or scrub assistant in order to fully display my energy and enthusiasm to provide any assistance needed to best take care of the patient entering the surgical procedure.

Although there was most recently a clinical specialist team put in place within
  more... Medtronic, the majority of my 11 years of service were performed by myself with very little direct management influence or co-worker interaction on a daily basis.  less
Pros
highly technical, high $ compensation
Cons
stress, very little teamwork
The Most Gratifying career I could have ever had
Dist. Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxDecember 26, 2011
A profession that provides better health, and extended life to others and you are a witness to it all. Earl Bakken, Co-founder of Medtronic, began the company in his garage in 1957. What started as a passion turned into a multi Billion dollar company. Earl never lost sight of the mission.
• To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.
• To direct our growth in the areas of biomedical engineering where we display maximum strength and ability; to gather people and facilities that tend to augment these areas; to continuously build on these areas through education and knowledge assimilation; to avoid participation in areas where we cannot make unique and worthy contributions.
• To strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products; to be the unsurpassed standard of comparison and to be recognized as a company of dedication, honesty, integrity, and service.
• To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations, sustain our growth, and reach our goals.
• To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
To maintain good citizenship as a company.
Pros
helping others to better health
Cons
the pros out weigh all the cons
Provide education and technical support to nurses and physicians in hospital or office setting.
Technical Service Representative and consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2013
Keep updated on new technology regarding pacemakers (and defibrillators for a short time). Show up early for operating room cases with analyzer, programmer, and implantable supplies. Hand off supplies while observing sterile technique onto the operating field. Work next to the surgeon, collaborating on placement of the atrial and ventricular leads, then analyze the implanted leads to the heart. Program pacemaker to the desired settings post-op. Other work settings: Follow-up of pacemakers in the physician office setting. Teaching temporary pacing device use to hospital nurses. I learned to be prepared for everything by using the "what if" rule. (What if this happens? What if that happens? What do you need, to be prepared?) The hardest part of the job was pulling a heavy handcart loaded with supplies up many icy stairs. Also, working with the occasional surgeon who was not meant to be one. The best part, was being able to call technical support by phone, for solutions to unforeseen problems (ie: replacing a foreign pacemaker). My co-workers -tho I didn't get to work with them except in training and to train them, were energetic and informative.
Pros
movement throughout new york city and long island. city life.
Cons
unpredictable hours and locations could be very exhausting.
Lots of talented people, lots of snakes - mixed bag
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Northridge CAOctober 24, 2012
I worked at the diabetes SBU for several years. What stands out is that the leadership team were more interested in career advancement than truly living the mission of the company. Lots of politics, lots of people stealing other peoples ideas and passing them off as their own (in hopes of advancement). The LDRP program was a joke, the company used this corporate based structure to staff their marketing department with 'free labor' which corporate paid for - the LDRP people would get there, not have a clue how to get things done in a business environment, not get anything done for a year or so, and move on to the next business unit as the 'golden children' because they had ivy league degrees...creating a revolving door in the marketing department, and ultimately leading to nothing getting done. And then, another LDRP person taking their spot, and so the cycle repeats...

Don't get me wrong, I learned a lot, met many great people, and enjoyed some of my time at the diabetes SBU; however, for the most part the SBU is a bureaucratic disaster, with a clique of Minnesotans running the company pretending they have a global enough perspective to effectively own a global title. In fact, I know of a Sr. Director with a global title who had never even left the United States...
Pros
great technology
Cons
bureaucratic mess filled with snakes
Fun "infusiastic" place to work
Tech Support Specialist/Helpline Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2014
Training was alot of fun and trainers really go indepth. it was an interesting experience all on its own. I learned so much. i went in not knowing anything about diabetes and left an expert. management was friendly and would make an appearance often. not like some places where you see only your supervisor and not really anyone else. The people who work there were also very friendly and enthusiastic about their job. every time there was a holiday of any sorts it was celebrated with tons of food. potlucks and they even put the superbowl on all the tvs for us to watch. they really care about you there. hardest part was the customers actually. Because it was technical support, the customer always assumed that it was the product that was the problem but when you are dealing with diabetes, there are so many factors that alot of the customers didnt want to see. they just saw it as your fault and it wasnt always something that could be fixed over the phone. it was often what they did to control it or messed with buttons because they never recieved the right training for the pump.
Pros
new building and parking garage, great atmosphere healthcare was also excellent.
Cons
working the night shift would get boring. shift bids werent that great either.
I love Medtronic. I enjoy the people that I work with. I feel like I am helping to fulfill their mission. I feel like I cant take time off and succeed
Coronary Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 17, 2014
I couldnt enjoy a job more then this. I need to be at home just a tad bit more. I find myself on the road 24/7 for 3 days a week bi-weekly and gone 10+ hours a day the rest of the time. I love it, but am realizing that I need a bit more balance. It has come to the point that it will require a pay cut. I feel that I can suceed, still give above and beyond, but need to slow down a little bit. It doesnt mean that I cant give 110% somewhere else!! However, there are companies out there that require their employees balance and make that a mission within their culture, as I have worked for them before. It will be a transition, but worth it.
I get to sale the worlds greatest technology, in the most competitive environment. I sale to extremly intelligent doctors that challange me daily, I work with brilliant and the best sales people in the health care industry. The push me to be better and I challange them as well. We compliment each other. There is conflict between the group and we always resolve it and move on.
I love my team and my customers, but I have responsibilities that need to coinside with it.
Pros
opportunity in skills and knowledge growth
Cons
not much work/life balance
Always pushing you to strive to achieve your best.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2013
I enjoyed working here and management made the job fun. We had bonuses and incentives for productivity. I once won a 100 $ gift card, won free lunches from the cafeteria numerous times, and gift cards to Target and HEB. The environment is much like a typical call center but you are assisting patients with their medical supplies for treating diabetes and there is a level of knowledge required regarding the supplies and diabetes. I really liked my co - workers and remain friends with many of them. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers who may not have had their needs met. I learned that most of those customers just want to speak and if you listen attentively and help them , they become calm and happy. I felt good helping people and this was the most rewarding thing I did. I also found it very enjoyable to meet new people from all over the country through the phone and make them satisfied with the level of service I gave them.
Pros
bonuses, incentives, great cafeteria, lounge /game/break room, benefits, work from home program
Cons
overtime often, changing products often
Medtronic
Sr Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mounds View, MNJune 20, 2012
The Medtronic stand is central to driving the goals and achievements of the company. It is very thoughtful and defines the purpose of Medtronic to alleviate pain and restore health and well being for those in need of and receiving its device therapies. Medtronic has an excellent benefits package, one of the best in my experience. I very much enjoyed working and partnering with colleagues in various departments and business units in striving for quality in everything Medtronic does. I learned a great deal from them and found a sense of fulfillment in achieving project demands with them. However, the culture was challenging in that there was little to no guidance/development for direct reports from their managers and the dynamics of project teams varied greatly depending on who lead them and who was part of the team. Development was essentially left up to the employee yet the employee was held to demonstrating development. Also, due to market challenges lay-offs have become common practice within the core business. To this end the review cycle was restructured to a quarterly cycle in order to better meet the needs of the company to meet market expectations of production vs. overhead. It was also challenging to maintain a meaningful work-life balance as a result of this.
Pros
benefits, diverse and dynamic work environment
Cons
culture
Management is never satisfied and they take it out on you.
Medical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2015
I've only been here a few months and it's already taking a toll on me.
You're busy from the moment you step in the room, and there's almost always someone from management breathing down the back of your neck just waiting for you to make a mistake.
Since I started I haven't heard a single positive thing from management. We beat our goal by over 100 parts two days in a row, and our supervisor was just mad that we stopped one minute early so that the next shift could set up.
I've worked at several medical companies, and this place takes scrap more seriously than any other I've been at. For every single dropped part you have to write a card explaining why you dropped it and what actions you're going to take so it never happens again. The first week I was there I was learning a new station and scrapped two parts in one day and my supervisor pulled me aside before lunch and asked in a very serious tone, "what's with all the scrap?"
I've heard that other Medtronics are much better to work at, but this place is just miserable.
Engineer, extensive knowledge, experience, and leadership
Senior Manufacturing Specialist R&D (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 21, 2013
● Coordinated logistics for the extrusion process resulting in a 70% increase in process efficiency and operational effectiveness
● Assisted with the development and implementation of training programs, modules and documentation; participated in high level problem solving teams
● Demonstrated leadership in anticipating, recognizing, and reacting quickly to training trends and needs
● Recommended changes to the Standards of Procedures, Process Improvements, and other relevant documents
● Maintained familiarity with all appropriate training documentation, required Equipment Manufacturing Controls (EMCs) and Equipment Manufacturing Qualities (EMQs) and maintained appropriate databases
● Responsible for training over 25 employees and ensuring that the appropriate documentation was completed
● Provided feedback and resolution regarding training issues to the Extrusion Training POS Team
● Set-up and managed extrusion lines, maintained records of extrusion products
● Performed trouble-shooting; complete product builds in manufacturing
● Instructed and trained extrusion apprentice as well as manufacturing in sub-assembly, main, and final assembly lines
● Responsible for leading new projects
● Responsible for validations torque testing, spring tension, and electrode testing
● R&D Test and release in raw materials department
● Managed implementation policy and procedures
● Completed production schedules and shift productivity improvements for staff
● Produced finished products in compliance with manufacturing requirements
Pros
solid corporation
Cons
unyielding conglomerate leaders
Most Fulfilling Job I Have Had
Team Leader/ Escalation Line (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 25, 2013
I can not say enough positive things about Medtronic.
Customer Service was among the best I have ever seen, always putting our customers first, myself seeing this first hand with being on the Escalation Line.
The management (even the call center director, Ed Monas) showed interest in you as an individual person and dropped by reps desks to see how their days were going.
Not only was the job supplying life saving products the most satisfying I have done in the customer service field, but the company as a whole wanted to see each individual excel in what they did.
A lot of incentives and recognition.
Unfortunately, upon leaving to Iowa with my husband, the company told me they were putting me on LOA and if I returned within 6 months I would have my position back, 4 months later I called to let them know I was returning and after 8 months of running around in circles, they never put me back into my position. So once in, don't leave.
Pros
great pay, incentives and recognition
Cons
false information in using loa
Fun and supportive company
Tech III (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 23, 2016
I have two very supportive supervisors.
When I work and support the production floor, my supervisor is always encouraging and helping me learn new job involvements. I maintain and calibrate equipment on the production floor and communication is very important.
When I am working in the Engineering Lab, completing tests for the engineers, I love being part of cutting edge technology. My supervisor here is very good. He encourages us to challenge our task on hand.
Honestly I really enjoy the supervisors, the coworkers are just as great. Our facility is a little family.
There is no "hard part" to my job, there is challenges. Once a small company and within 7 years been bought out several times to now a huge Medical Company, Overcoming challenges is rewarding.
The best part of my job... Philanthropy not just within our office within the Corporation globally. Giving back to our community is a fantastic part to my job.
Pros
Our facility is a family, we all look out for one another and help each other grow and expand in our lives and job
Cons
We were a small company and grew up too quickly, catching up on back paperwork and learning the new ways.
Great pay with helpful and kind upper management
Patient Registration Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNJanuary 5, 2015
I only worked at Medtronic for three months (July 28th--October 30th) due to being sick too often (has been taken care of now), and I have nothing but great things to say about my time there.

My schedule was structured at 8:00-4:30 Monday through Friday, and after a month, I was given the ability to start anytime between 7:00 and 9:00.

The program we used while entering/updating data seemed a little confusing at first, but the trainers were very detailed, polite and helpful when teaching us how to use it.

Note: I usually have standard Autumn allergies; for some reason, this year was worse than ever. However, I have seen a doctor and have a good one-two combo of medication to prevent this from being a problem in the future
Pros
friendly staff, great pay
Cons
workload can be repetitiave and bland at times
Great Learning Experience
Research and Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 15, 2013
Medtronic provided me with a great opportunity to see how engineering really works within industry. This internship was a valuable experience that highlighted the skills I have obtained throughout my education, and more importantly, allowed me to learn much more than any classroom could teach. I learned a great deal about using a 3D printer, programming a robot, and designing electrical systems and soldering them together. The management and my coworkers were very supportive, providing an atmosphere that was very conducive to my professional growth. A typical day consisted of researching and developing solutions to engineering problems, ordering the necessary materials, implementing a solution, and recursively improving upon the problem solving process. The hardest part of the job was learning to work autonomously with my piers, and thinking for myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing the progress I made in learning new skills, and becoming proficient in continuing to teach myself.
Pros
great chance to finally see engineering within the context of the real world.
Cons
it is only 12 weeks long.
Program Specialist
Program Specialist - Customer Education (Former Employee) –  Mounds View, MNSeptember 17, 2014
There was not typical day, however, we had customers in daily. We coordinated the entire visit (International and National). Which included:

- Customizing the agenda to meet the customer needs
- Working with Sales Force over the telephone to work with and make sure that all needs for customers are met.
- Coordinated, Flights, Hotel, dinners, transportation, technology that is needed for meetings and all meals and special request.
- Greeted customers and accommodated the meeting through out it entirety, which could be from 1 day - 1 week in length.
- Communicated with internal employees to make sure that we had people available to speak with our customers on our agenda items to learn about our products and therapies.
- Registered customers and all participating employees and other guest into database.
- Adjusted time of sessions, if needed and handled all other needs.
Pros
worked with executive leadership on a daily basis and met many people
Cons
you were on your feet all day, adjustments to the agenda we made it seemles, yet difficult at times to do, you did not have an opportunity to take lunch
Covidien (now a division of Medtronic) is not the place to work
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 17, 2015
Covidien has no Business Process or IT strategy, creating an environment where even the most basic tasks are complicated and cumbersome. The management culture aligns with the saying , "the flogging will continue until morale improves"

There is a great deal of potential in this company, but the leadership isn't interested in any real, significant, or long term change to improve the health of the company and bring a sense of job satisfaction to the culture. The focus is only on firefighting the emergency of the hour and the marketing organization has no respect for any other internal organization.

My rating is as high as it is due to the Medtronic acquisition, which has provided hope for positive change. Medtronic appears to be a fabulous company, but until full organizational integration occurs (which may take a couple years) this is not the best place to work. There has recently been an exodus of talent due to the disappointing culture created by top Covidien leadership.