Medtronic Employee Reviews

Outstanding Company
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2017
As a employee at Medtronic, my job is to get different types of healthcare providers registers for different events hosted by Medtronic. I am also responsible completing and correcting missing data reports as well as building contact record for any healthcare provide that needs to attend an event but doesn't have record in our system. To conclude with my every day task, I am also responsible for completing evaluations daily.
Pros
Very great company to be apart of.
Cons
I am a 2 year contractor and my job isn't promising.
Great company. Particular role? Not so much
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 23, 2017
Not a particularly fulfilling position, but the company is great and takes care of its people really well. The company has a great mission and is patient-oriented.
Poor management and slave drivers.
Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNMarch 23, 2017
Had a bad experience there on a project basis. When you interview, they withhold information you will find out somehow later that affects you and you job. They will give you more work than you can stand and have departmwnt meetings all the time so you can't get your work done and nothing ever gets accomplished from those meetings. You can work yourself to death, and they expect more from you. They will always be quick to tell you what you did wrong but, not right just to make themselves look good.
They hire some bad people with bad habits and management won't take corrective action to make a better work environment.
Cons
Playing favorites among employees whether contractor or not.
Knowledgeable People
Lead Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 23, 2017
Lots of politics but learnt a lot from some of the best minds in the industry..

Worked as contractor and was not happy that even after 3 yrs of working didnt offer me a full time job there..
5 Stars
Memphis Returns Center Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2017
The mission to improve access to healthcare globally is something we are all very proud to work hard toward achieving. Great people, fun atmosphere, big city salaries in the North Bay. The CEO is fantastic - he is a very clear communicator of the mission and is truly dedicating his life to achieving it.
Fun working place with excellent co workers
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTMarch 21, 2017
Its great place to make a career. This place give opportunity to learn new things everyday. Management is great always ready to help new employee and give brief explanation regarding situation.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
None.
Perform electrical and mechanical tests upon request from Engineers.
Principal Technician (Former Employee) –  Mounds View, MNMarch 20, 2017
Set up test bench and performed electrical and mechanical tests. Conduct and monitor test and inspection data results to ensure product conformance to specifications in development, characterize and DVT phase. Develop and document test methods in collaboration with test engineers.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Only contract for 2yrs
24 hour technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2017
Super friendly people in every department. Good advancement opportunities! Great cafeteria area with amazing food! Always having fun and always smiles
Depends on your manager
Principal Financial Analyst, Finance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 17, 2017
Depends on the manager you have. I had a horrible micro manager who did not believe in work/life balance. If I didn't have such a micro manager, I would have rated the company a lot higher.
Pros
good benefits, pay is competitive, respectful work environment
Cons
work/life balance not good, high expectations with no advancement opportunities
Logistics Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 16, 2017
Medtronic was a good place to work. I worked for the company for 24 years and was in many different roles during that time. I developed good relationships with many different people that helped make the process flow more easier.
Great company to work for, I love my job.
Senior Operations Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Medtronic houses a great work life balance. They offer tuition reimbursement, career planning and great health insurance. They understand that people have lives outside of work, and that these lives might sometimes impinge on their time and attention.
Must be committed
Case Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2017
There is no typical day. You must be willing to work 24/7. I learned a lot about the social dynamic in an OR. The management taught me what I know. They take their work very seriously and helped me along the way.
hired as temp
Data Entry analyst (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTMarch 15, 2017
I was hired temp with the thought I would go permanent. They then told me that I cannot get a permanent job because I don't have a bachelors and my current position doesn't exist as a permanent position. I am constantly begging for work. There is not enough to do. I feel that I am not needed.
Good company
Sr. Product Builder (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2017
Medtronic is a good company to work with great benefits. I had good relationship with my co-workers who were very friendly and helpful and the management were well informed to the employees what were the upcoming status of the company.
Pros
Pleasant to work with people around me
Cons
short breaks
great place
Principal Packaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 13, 2017
good place to work. Like any place not perfect but lots of good things to balance. Learned a lot while i was there. Would recommend to my friends. great mission.
Fast paced.
CLINICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 12, 2017
The company is fast paced but offers superior training. It is very diverse and each day has can be different. The employees are helpful and create a positive environment.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
fast pace
Medtronic
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2017
I really don't have much to say, The job was easy, Really wasn't any good culture, It was everyone for they self, Hard to move up, Felt like you had to kiss butt to move up and it shouldn't be off of favorites, The most enjoyable part, Was making sure the customers were satisfied. Hearing you save a life made my day, Hardest part was advancing or being recognized.
ToastMasters at Work
Sr. Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 12, 2017
I learned to be a public speaker thru the Toastmaster's at Work lunch club.

I learned a wealth of information about the disease of diabetes and the wonderful products that Medtronic makes to help people face the day to day challenges of living with Diabetes.

The workplace culture became very young-as Medtronic transitioned the sales team from being mostly outside to being more of an inside sales team. Many job fairs were held at various colleges across the country.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that had complaints about products and services- mostly training issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to tell people that they were qualified via their insurance and that they would be receiving the cutting edge technology that Medtronic provided.
Pros
Gym on the premises and Yoga class after work.
Cons
Changes in titles-managment-organizational chart-constantly.
I Do not Recommend working in the 24 HR Helpline
Sr. Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with the patients and providing them with outstanding technical and medical support. The hardest part of the job is being a robot and court reporter while trying to take care of the patients. The 24 HR Helpline is the most underpaid department in the San Antonio facility and gets treated with absolutely no respect from other departments and this department is clearly the retention department for the Medtronic Diabetes Sales Department. There is absolutely no job security in this department and or room for advancement. Once you are here you are stuck here because no one wants to work in this department.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Marginal Outlook
Assembler 1 (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 9, 2017
Lots of overtime
Management only advances favored employees
Backstabbing
Management doesn't side with people they don't favor
Outlook for advancement low unless your salaried or in management or engineering
I don't enjoy my job
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Too Much Overtime, Backstabbing, Management advances only those they favor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.

84%