Medtronic Employee Reviews

Awesome job culture
Bentley Contractor (Current Employee) –  Mounds View, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work, excellent management, treat contractors like real employees, collaborative environment with highly qualified employees that take pride in everything they do. I would highly recommend this company.
work culture
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 15, 2018
Medtronic is a fabulous place to work. The people, culture and products are outstanding. Highly recommend this company. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the variety of products in my bag. Everyone of the products helped a patient in some capacity.
very productive and a pleasant place to work
Accounting 11 (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 15, 2018
very productive and a pleasant place to work
posted cash from insurance company eobs. I really enjoyed the accounts receivable part of the job the hardest part was staying late on month end.the enjoyable part was balancing batches after done posting them
Pros
pleasant environment health insurance 401k
great place to work
Associate Assembler (Former Employee) –  Villalba Municipio, PRJanuary 15, 2018
medtronic is a great employers that cares for their employees and it has a ,great place to work atmosphere , also offer great benefits for employees ,
no work life... even through you were told there was
Team Lead for Clinical and Infusion (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNJanuary 15, 2018
with complaint handling and the number of audits from FDA, there were issues with what was called "Work Life Balance". Oh the VP, Director and Managers had a work life balance. However my staff and I did not. It was about metrics and making sure complaint were processed. Yet they changed a system and pushed to have everyone trained and NO errors. I would on average 10-12 hour days and went home and worked complaint buckets that were to close to causing issues with metrics.

Medtronic cared if you had a degree, yet 90 % of the staff had no clinical knowledge as to how the products worked in the real healthcare world.
Productivity Is the only Important Thing
Complaint Investigator (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 14, 2018
Medtronic is a good company with lots of great people. I worked long hours, was always productive and always willing to work overtime. However, I feel that employees are looked at as numbers. I never received paid vacations and by law only received 6 sick days per calendar year with a doctors note. My managers were great and did appreciate my hard work. However now that my contract will end soon they did not have the budget to hire me as a full time permanent employee which is the only reason I am looking for new employment.
Pros
Nice co workers and managers
Cons
No budget to hire permanent employees
Great place.
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 14, 2018
High paced clean room environment. High expectations in doing job properly per specific work instructions. Lots of opportunities to improve your status in the company, opportunities to move up internally.
Pros
Quality work environment
Its was a productive and a fun workplace.
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJanuary 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the good environment that you are working because your are most of your time in work and they become part of your family.
scattered management / loosely organized
Engineering support (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 12, 2018
This company was new to the industry in Portsmouth, NH and had very little managerial commitment to success within the medical device industry. The merging of two companies at that time had a very detrimental effect on employee coordination between two company goals and structure.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
no managerial guidance
Receptionist
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 12, 2018
At first going thru an agency I barely had training and most of it was self taught and management was OK, I feel like I was being taken advantage of because, I was young so they paid me less over the time of my experience they still did not consider changing my wage yet fired someone and gave me both jobs and didn't teach me how to do theirs and still haven't receive any advancement in raising my wage. But I guess that's what happens when you go thru an agency

Want to know more about Medtronic?

Ask a question
Relaxing work environment
Quality Analyst I / Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTJanuary 11, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of making phone calls to customers of Medtronic medical devices and products which consisted of hospitals and medical centers throughout the country. Job was very laid back but was a temporary position so there are no benefits, vacation days, etc.
Buen trabajo
Assambler (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRJanuary 11, 2018
Buena trabajadora se han portado bien con nosotros lo unico baja paga pero el patrono muy bieno
Pros
Seguro medico mas bajo
Cons
Ninguna
Good place to work although a lot of bureaucracy
Principal Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRJanuary 11, 2018
Stressful ambient. Good benefits. Difficult to implement changes. Disconnect between department due to different priorities. Good mission and vision.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Stress
Great coworkers, stable company
Associate Technical User Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 11, 2018
Great company and mission statement, friendly coworkers, and many on site facilities - full cafeteria, gym, showers, yoga classes, wifi.

The most enjoyable part was working with people in different departments that you felt were more like friends/neighbors.

The hardest part was the after hours support - you need to be there if something needs to be replaced at that moment. No compensation for after hours time worked.
Pros
Onsite cafe, sundries shop, competitive pay
Cons
after hours work is not compensated
Call canter- former employee
Call center (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Bad leadership. You have NO voice, management,very difficult to advance. Doesn't pay to go above & beyond. Would not recommend working there stressful
Pros
Nothing good about working there
Cons
Salary is below average, micro managed, pay raises less than 2% of annual. Depts are not treated fairly, very stressful environment
Awful racist terrible management
Asembly operator (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJJanuary 10, 2018
It was one of the worst places I ever worked the only plus was the pay. From the time I started I had a bunch of white people who talked about negatively treated me unfairly and refused to train me and when I complained about them nothing was done only was asked what I had done to make to treat me in such a way but no matter what they complained about me I was always reprimanded I had 3 managers in less than 2 years and none of them were willing to do anything about the culture although they claimed they wanted to. Me and other fellow black co workers constantly were degraded while doing a great job and given no credit or positive feed back while everyone else did what they wanted to do. Awful awful awful
Pros
Free lunch pay
Cons
Almost everything
Stable, somewhat regimented, competitive work environment
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Overall pretty good company. Competitive environment. Overall excellent benefits. Somewhat bureaucratic tendencies. Tends to be conservative in management decision making.
dishonest use of people
Usability and Technical Communications (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 9, 2018
I was lured to Covidien/Medtronic by the technical communications manager. I had permanent job at the time, and preferred not to go contract. The manager and his immediate sub both assured me that the department was growing and Medtronic would hire me. Foolishly, I only got their handshakes on that issue.

Five months later, due to lack of work in the budget in which I was hired, I was released, told "you were hired to document new product, and we don't have new product currently." Instead, I had been doing very good usability work and software documentation, but that is not what I was budgeted to do.
Pros
Great cafeterias
Cons
Terrible management
Great place
Helpline Technician (Former Employee) –  SAN ANTONIO TEXASJanuary 9, 2018
Awesome place to work. Very friendly environment. Team building, education, preparedness, just a few of the main focuses touched on in my time with the company
Good place but not so good management limited opportunities for advancement
VS buyer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Good place to work .. Nice coworkers . Difficult management. No decision making. No incentives . Low morale. Many have left to go work elsewhere and look for better opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.