Medtronic Employee Reviews

Found 1,021 reviews matching the search
working at Medtronic
Project Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2017
while I worked there is was a really great company to work for. the work load wasn't bad at all. There were times that you had to watch out for some people budding up with Management to get what they want but I think that's in all jobs. as long as you did your work and was able to explain any mistakes you may have had it was good. I would still be there if I hadn't moved out of state.
Pros
was able to take lunch when I wanted to, work at my pace but also was able to meet any deadlines.
Not as good as it once was....
Machinist Operator (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 5, 2017
Overall it's a great place to work with some great people. Like everywhere else benefits get worse year to year and the cost goes up. With resent layoffs job security is not what it once was. Biggest issue is skilled labor is treated as unskilled labor and is made to feel we are replaceable at anytime. Managment is to blame for many problems but as the saying goes *stuff* rolls downhill. If we can get the right leadership in place the company will once again thrive.
Pros
Pay and fellow workers
Cons
Job security and direction of the company.
IT Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 3, 2017
Overall excellent company to work for. Good people doing good work for the patients they support. Lovely facility, lots of parking, zen gardens and on-site cafeteria with good food at a low cost.
Pros
Excellent Healthcare and benefits, on-site cafeteria, low cost to employees, theatre on-site, great people and great management
Cons
ambiente de trabajo de hipocritas
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 2, 2017
La empresa provee un ambiente de trabajo tenso a los em0leados temporreros.
Pros
cafeterria
Cons
no permiter que el empleado temporrero pueda diferrir.
Excellent workplace to growth
Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Villalba Municipio, PRAugust 2, 2017
A very dynamic culture with multitasking opportunities to grow, to know and to integrate with a manufacturing organizational trend. I learned how to deal with a daily hard agenda and be responsive with the demanding tasks.. It was a full intensive daily work. Deal with Changes it was a must to get the targets and results. Rapid growth push yourself to be creative, assertive and responsive.

The hardest part was run with a tide agenda and the enjoyable part was be an important piece of the team to see results and the well delivery of my work.
Pros
Benefits, Opportunities
Cons
Life Balance
Management/ Advancement was limited
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTAugust 2, 2017
The biggest problem with the department is a lack of management and not leaving room for advancement. The work is great but at times you want more challenging work.
Pros
nice people
Cons
favoritism
A typical day at work
Clinical Case Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 1, 2017
Before work day I would ensure that the sets needed for the case were at the hospital. Sometimes that would would mean checking in 10-30 trays a day or two before a particular surgery. Then the day of the surgery I would arrive 45 minutes before the start time to help the staff get the proper equipment ready. At times this would mean leaving my house at 4 or 5 am. The typical spine case would like 4ish hours, the entire procedure I am prepared to offer guidance and advice as needed to ensure a smooth operation. Once the produce is done I am then responsible for restocking the supplies used and getting the equipment re-ran for another case. Additionally I send out billing once I receive the PO from the hospital.
A great place to work!
Associate Chemist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNAugust 1, 2017
A great place to work! Would highly recommend others to apply. The culture is relaxed and organized. Employees are well taken care of and are treated with the up-most respect.
Pros
Employees treated exceptionally well.
Cons
None come to mind.
Great work place nice people nice environment
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 31, 2017
I love working for Medtronic it's a great facility. It pays well and it's a nice work environment I need a second job I just love to work and stay busy. I'm good with my hands and learn things very quickly. I'm always on time and I have no problem putting in a hard days work.
Pros
Cons
Can't leave facility until your shift is over
Working to create a difference
Sr. Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 31, 2017
Medtronic does a great job of making it about the patients and you see that in everything they do. Because it's such a large corporation sometimes it seems that things and people can get lost in the weeds. Promotions are harder to come by unless you're willing to relocate around the world.
Pros
Great atmosphere, plenty of campus activities, place to learn
Cons
Large corporation
Unsafe
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNJuly 30, 2017
Too many layoffs. Never feel safe and stressful environment. Micro-managing to the fullest. Working in customer service may be the issue..have heard much better otherwise.
Enjoyable products -world-class facility
Staff Engineer, Contract (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 28, 2017
Great place to be creative. New or improved products allow for patents. Many meetings that create a challenge to actually complete work. Many smart, intelligent people.
Pros
Creative atmosphere
Cons
Political competition among managers
Production line
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Villalba, PRJuly 27, 2017
The day begins at five o'clock with the preparation of the area and a meeting to discuss the goals and the expectations. Then we make the cables requires. At noon we made a couple of exercises.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
temporary employment with no benefits
Good work place
Catheter Balloon Medical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 27, 2017
Team work good
Break time is 10 minutes that is hardest part
Management system very good
Payment is no changes even you work there longest year like 4,5 year no changes
Pros
Free lunch in holiday season
Cons
Too short
Good Place with good benefits
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRJuly 27, 2017
It has good individuals with a team work oriented culture. The proffesionals that work in Medtronic had a good knowledge of what they're doing always thinking on process continuous improvement.
Good
Cons
To met with the objectives you need to work 12 hours per day
Ok
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 27, 2017
good place to work just alot of over time sometimes. not always boring but definitely make day go by. wish pay a little more then they are. but good place
Pros
people
Cons
pays
Great Place to Work
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 26, 2017
I have been at Medtronic for 7 years and can only say good things about this place. There have been some ups and down due to management and turnover, but things have stabilized and the business is only expected to grow even more.
Pros
Great relaxed environment and collaboration with Co-workers
Cons
Management changes often
IT Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 25, 2017
Long hours and red tape, but rewarding work and great impact on healthcare services space. Might be tough balancing the work/life elements, but in the end you know you're making a direct impact to patient lives.
fast paced, competitive, and hard to get in
Sales Education Representative (SER) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2017
Great company one of the best in the industry. Very ethical and set the bar high for the competitors. Lots of travel involved and on the road a lot but that is expected for this industry. I worked there for a year and was apart of reduction in force and my position was eliminated.
Insulin pump training
Certified pump trainer (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 23, 2017
This is on a need to basis to instruct patients on the use of insulin pumps. It requires knowledge on the functions and safety of using an insulin pump.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Some weekends and evenings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.