Medtronic

Medtronic Employer Reviews

Great place to learn and grow
Senior Therapy Associate - Government Accounts (Former Employee), Northridge, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Management is transparent and shares high-level goals and company changes; they're accessible, and want to see employees succeed. Feedback from managers is a balance of constructive criticism and insight into your strengths, and provides clear direction on how – more... to continue to develop.
Being part of innovative medical advancements
Design Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Mounds View, MNFebruary 3, 2014
A work-place filled with highly talented people, who work greatly as a part of cross-functional teams. Everyone is so self-motivated and they inspire you to put in your best efforts and help the team and the company grow.
A great place to work and apply your knowledge and talent in a creative and enjoyable team environment
Support staff (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: company sponsored team seminars with free lunches and team awards
Was a rewarding and enjoyable place to work until 2013
Hybrid Principle Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: dedicated production team working to make peoples lives better.
Cons: production cost reductions not shared by management.
Although a great work environment, good benifits, pay and great team mates, the company is struggling with reducing production costs to be more competitive by reducing workforce and expecting remaining workforce to pickup the work load of 2 to 3 layed off employees for each employee still employed and held to goals that are not sustainable because of – more... unpredictable work day work loads. Employees are under constant pressure to do more work to make up for the reduction in workforce. Management has taken all the pleasure out of being a part of a team that make's peoples lives better by making the production work force take the brunt of the responsiblity for reducing production costs. – less
A really neat working environment. Professionalism was certainly present amongst it's employees and staff.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: i love the international environment.
Cons: great place, that requires a sterile environment.
I found Medtronics to be an exceptional company, with cutting edge technology. The possibilities are endless. A great company.
Challenging and rewarding exoerience in R and D and Quality Engineering enironment
Engineering Consultant, R & D (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: excellent company culture
A consulting assignment to complete characterization and design verification protocols
Nice place to work
Executive Assistant, Vice President Marketing (Current Employee), Northridge, CAJanuary 22, 2014
I enjoy working at Medtronic. The company is interested in having healthy and happy employees.
Excellent place to have a career
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Mounds View, MNJanuary 22, 2014
Exciting challenging work environment. Each day was different.
Great mission but difficult to advance skills because the company is resistant to change
Senior Principle Verification Engineer (Current Employee), Fridley, MNJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: working at home, great benefits
Cons: very slow advancement. don't expect any new ideas to be adopted
Company has a great mission statement centered around helping others but because of the culture and regulatory environment, the company is extremely resistant to change and is still using old technologies. Your advancement will based on how well you know the current product, not how good you are in your field. Constant layoffs are poorly executed.
Good Place for learn in a new area
Incoming Inspector (Current Employee), PRJanuary 21, 2014
A day start looking the priority of manufacture to be inspected by us. Then the partners an me look the top priorities and distribute the work in the way that we can bring the material needed as soon as possible mantaining quality.
Great place to start a career!
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Warsaw, INJanuary 16, 2014
At typical day of work at Medtronic Involves inspecting parts to ensure they match the measurements on the blueprint. To check the parts dimensions a various array of tools are used such as micrometers, calipers, gages, comparators and EFI machines.
I have learned how to follow a quality standard, and the gravity my job has on someone else's life.
The – more... management is very knowledgeable on the product and the processes. When a question arises they always have an answer and don't rely on another co-worker to answer it for them.
The hardest part of Quality Control is the wait time on the computer software used to track progress on the order being worked on.
The most enjoyable part of the job is every day I walk in or out, I know that the difference we make in lives lasts a lifetime. – less
Hard work / shifts
Clinical Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: team environment doesn't exists
Depends on the Territory mine was mess up with a poor rep who do whatever she wants and management accepts it. too much pressure, decent slary
Great area to work at
Principal Technician (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great area to work, management are friendly.
Cons: upper management lack of communication to their workers
i work for extrusion department where we extrude tubing using polyurethane plastic and build from it, I have learn a lot of things from extruding to building and testing also i enjoy working with the people in my area, management are friendly and supportive on anything we want to accomplished, i enjoy every moment and every work i've done .
Fantastic Experience!
Quality Assurance & Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Mounds View, MNJanuary 2, 2014
I worked at Medtronic for close to ten years and it was the best experience of my life! I worked with great people and learned a lot during my years there.
What I learned at Medtroni
Loaner Processor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: company /employee relationship is great. advancement is good.
I have learned the importance of accuracy and how to be more detail oriented
independent job with lovely people
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNDecember 21, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: the hot sweat suit
a typical day at work would consist of me dressing in a clean room suit, and taking my projects to my stations. i would inspect and assemble different medical devices and parts. i learned how to do tedious repetitive work in a timely fashion, i learned how to sanitize in between breaks and how to work in a clean room environment. management showed great – more... leadership, and always did their part as a team member. my co workers were really helpful, and we were all like a family in a sense. the hardest part of the job was the outfit because it was really hot. the most enjoyable part was the fact that i could work alone, and they trusted me to do my part – less
Interesting entry level position
Technologist (Current Employee), Goleta, CADecember 18, 2013
Working at Medtronic provides a great opportunity to learn about corporate culture, quality management and component production. This facility places an extremely high value on engineering degrees and without one there is very limited opportunity to advance. That being said, I have learned a tremendous amount about Agile, FDA readiness, quality management, – more... and communications both with suppliers and internal assets. – less
Confused,wasteful, and anti-people.
worker bee (Former Employee), CODecember 16, 2013
Pros: the employees are good workers.
Cons: poor project follow through.
Out of balance on sales, product development and follow through.
Always pushing you to strive to achieve your best.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2013
Pros: bonuses, incentives, great cafeteria, lounge /game/break room, benefits, work from home program
Cons: overtime often, changing products often
I enjoyed working here and management made the job fun. We had bonuses and incentives for productivity. I once won a 100 $ gift card, won free lunches from the cafeteria numerous times, and gift cards to Target and HEB. The environment is much like a typical call center but you are assisting patients with their medical supplies for treating diabetes – more... and there is a level of knowledge required regarding the supplies and diabetes. I really liked my co - workers and remain friends with many of them. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers who may not have had their needs met. I learned that most of those customers just want to speak and if you listen attentively and help them , they become calm and happy. I felt good helping people and this was the most rewarding thing I did. I also found it very enjoyable to meet new people from all over the country through the phone and make them satisfied with the level of service I gave them. – less
Fantastic Job
Customer Service Home and Office Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2013
Pros: i had great insurance and 401 k, all the overtime i wanted, great pay
Cons: had to deal with insurances and customers irrate about not getting supplies asap .
I was in charge of inbound and outbound calls to help out customers with diabetes, I had to call insurances and doctors and also work the order to the fullest to get all the information needed for the patient to get their supplies. The hardest part was listening to the bad attitude of the customers when they waited till the last minute to order then – more... expect right away or they will die they would say. I loved helping the people and also I was able to work at home and get all the overtime that I wanted. – less

About Medtronic

Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell – Read more