Medtronic Employee Reviews

Reduction in Workforce
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAFebruary 22, 2017
Looking to reduce workforce year over year. Always look to show your worth to as many people as possible. Self promotion is a mandatory skill to continue employment.
4 month temp recyclement
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 22, 2017
I have worked many warehouse jobs, but none as un-ethical as this one. Management was horrible. They require you to work a minimum of 52 hours a week including weekends to be considered for hire which is a 4 month temp position. As a temp you will be doing majority of, if not all of the work. While the very few hired employees stand around and socialize and provide you with no help or understanding. I caught on quick, helped new employess, worked all required hours, kept a positive and helpful attitude, and did all job requirements efficiently and effectively while never missing a day of work. I was told on a sat morning when I came in to work a 6hr shift, that I needed to leave and call my temp service. I was then told on monday that they had discharged me, when I asked for the reason? I was told it was because I had a bad attitude!.. Mind blown.. I'm sure Kelly Services is aware of this issue, with medtronic recycling temps so as to keep hired pay and benefits to a minimum.
Pros
All the overtime you could want.
Cons
Poor company work ethics, management, and hirement.
Good environment, employees are friendly.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 21, 2017
I had a very good experience at Medtronic. I didn't want to leave the company but it was necessary for me to continue my education. This is a great company, good employees, and good benefits
Nice place to go and work
Product Engineer (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2017
Depends on the Boss you work for. Mostly people are good. Career growth is considered one of the crucial factors for an employee working there. Don;t have much benefits if you work as a contractor but if you are a full time employee you have lots of opportunities to progress.
Pros
Career gorwth
Cons
Monotonous work.
ok to work, but was a temp there.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Didn't have proper training and when I tried to contact the in-house reps for the temp agency I worked for, they where not around or would not answer my emails. The supervisors did not help the issue.
Management needs to work
Business Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Low pay, lots of work, lots of pressure, no incentives.
management needs work on getting everyone involved and to compensate fairly
Nice experience overall but not career worthy.
Desktop Support Specialist & Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAFebruary 14, 2017
Great company but retention and promotion are scarce.
The hours can be flexible and that's great but the roles feel like dead ends and stop being exciting after a while.
Pros
Flexible workspace
Great for Contrators rough for fulltime
Process Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 14, 2017
As a contractor here I get the best of both worlds. Project based tasks and responsbilities. Very little dialy grind and long term pressure.
However, my slaried colleagues are over stressed, overburdened and under resourced with convoluted inefficient procedures. Management seems whimsicle and unfocused.
However again I (and my Engineering team) are somewhat insulated from the these issues has our manager is one of the best i've had. There are lost of great talented people here, but they our hamstrung but procedural quagmire and fickle leadership.
I don't the warsaw plant long term sustainability.
Great time working here
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 10, 2017
Challenging projects
Great learning experience
Good exposure to various aspects of quality
Casual relaxed group
Fast paced work
Pros
Great team and manager
Cons
Fast paced
Great Company and Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 9, 2017
The company as a whole is a great concept to work for. Overall, the current position isn't too enjoyable due to everyday all day verbal communication with phone calls with sales representatives and buyers. Working in customer service isn't so much of a downfall, but interacting on phones daily isn't pleasurable. The hardest and frustrating part of the job is the constant add on of other job duties without training and still same pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is the company as a whole, the people I work with, and the benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and lack of respect
Productive and fun environment
Heart Valve Assembler (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 9, 2017
My experience working here at Medtronic was great. It was a very enjoyable work environment and I was able to blend in well and easily with my coworkers. They were also very productive with our work and always made sure our goals were met each day.
Incredible Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 8, 2017
Medtronic is a positive company with never ending growth opportunities.The only negative points I can make is that the company overall is lacking a work life balance plan and also promotes based on 1 managers feedback. There is too much "Corporate" cliche's occurring where competent, capable, and executing individuals are not being given the proper titles and/or levels of promotions based on outdated corporate policies.
i really enjoy working in this company
Medical assembler, (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I'ld like the way they trained people, people are very nice and kind, i really enjoy working in this company.I learned a lots of things & all about sensor how to detect senses such as diabetes.This company had a good benefits including holiday pay, they give bonus too.Medtronic give a good health insurance , vision, dental,Medtronic give accrued vacation n accrued sick leave.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
enough breaks
Company as a whole is awesome
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Some departments are not organized and have bad moral. Employees talking badly about other employees and requesting for new hires to go behind their bosses instructions. Very upsetting.
Productive working environment
independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2017
All of the employees that worked there were very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Everyone worked very efficiently and helped each other to complete any task that needed to be done.
Pros
Engaging work
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent
Associate Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNFebruary 2, 2017
Not a bad place to work. the benefits are excellent and the hours are great! i would recommend this place to anyone. the management is not bad.
Pros
lunch
Cons
contracts
Fun place to work
AskHR Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAFebruary 2, 2017
People are very professional, as a young female with not much experience I would love to say that I learned a lot in this company!
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Break was not paid and it is a little far unless you live in Massachusetts
Work Hard and Develop Further
Associate Product Quality Advocate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day day consists of running reports via salesforce.com, discussing decisions with others, and understanding product use in relation to patient safety. A lot of work is individualistic so it's easy to get lost in a large company, however; the site I work at has Friday workout afternoons, Toastmasters on site, and other career developing opportunities to pull you away from your cube. The hours can be long, but the work is rewarding.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
"Great Company"
Administrative/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  MAJanuary 31, 2017
I was an Administrative Assistant in the company for almost 2 years. I truly enjoyed my job until the site I worked at closed and corporate was too far to travel to.

PROS:

Excellent culture, wonderful coworkers, great benefits.

CONS:

Some improvement needed with structure.
Pros
Workplace Culture, Great benefits, Nice coworkers
Cons
Structure, Mergers.
Fun place to work not a lot of career advancment oppurtunities
Diabetes Therapy Associate, Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Overall Medtronic is a great company to work for. They are the leader in the Durable Medical Equipment industry. In the diabetes division there are not a lot of career advancment oppurtunities. Being a Diabetes Therapy Associate is fun and the work enviornment is fun and laid back. But we don't get paid a lot for all the work we do. Upper management also makes a lot of promises that they don't fulfill which has brought down the moral lately. This is a great place though as a stepping stone into the Medical Device Sales industry. Just know that it is only a stepping stone and not really a place for your career to take off in Medical Device Sales.