Medtronic Employee Reviews

Spinal Cord Stimulator and other interventional treatments
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 11, 2016
Very Interesting job. Loved seeing the patients progress. Many were able to obtain their quality of life back. The hardest part of my job was seeing patients who did not get the expected results. Worked directly with physician to see patients progress after surgery.
Pros
Seeing technology grow
Cons
When prodicted results did not occur
Sr. HR Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAJune 14, 2016
This company recently acquired Covidien. Medtronic is a large company, but unfortunately the culture is very slow and the technology in place is about 5 years behind what Covidien was
Great people and great products
Packaging Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mounds View, MNJanuary 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Medtronic uses a contract-to-hire system that makes it easy for them to drop people that aren't the very best. This means all your coworkers will be very intelligent and hard working.

Only downside is work life balance can be a little off. If you're a workaholic there's nothing to hold you back from working too many hours.

The products are very interesting and there's definitely a satisfaction with working on products that help people.
Pros
Great people and great products
Cons
Work life balance
Sr. Configuration Assurance Admin (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 25, 2016
Don't sign up as a contractor. You will not get hired. Two year contract ends they are quick to let you go and hire on new staff. No clear management involvement to ensure tasks are closed. High contractor turn over.
Pros
great employees
Cons
no clear path to promotions
Just another day at the office
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work is very conventional. I learned how to navigate through SAP system to better prefect my job. Customer Service department is not usually involved in company perks.
Pros
Parking garage
Cons
VERY short breaks...
Good Company
Principal Development Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 16, 2016
Good Company to work for.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were helping people in need.
I worked with great people!
Great Pay Poor Company
Loaner Dept. Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 8, 2016
Great pay but poor management lead to the closure of the NJ Distribution center that was open for only 5 years. lots of good people lost their jobs.
Good work enviroment , with overtime available
Quality Associate (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJanuary 26, 2016
work day starts off at 06:30am and we proceed directly to work
when we take over the daily tasks of producing product we take breaks every 4 hours 30 minutes each until the end of the day which is at 6:30 pm which makes this a 12 hour day.
Management is ok , but I believe their more concerned about the product than the employee.
co workers are great , just not enough time to intermingle and get to know them all personally
hardest part of the job is the long hours which make your personal life very hard to maintain
best part of the job knowing that I'm producing a product that is going to help someone in need
Pros
great company to start out in
Cons
leaves no real time for a personal life
Had good project experience at Medtronic
Salesforce Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 9, 2016
I had excellent experience as salesforce developer in my project, excellent opportunity to explore my experience and a very good team .
Fun place to work
Architect/Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MinnesotaSeptember 24, 2016
Working with Medtronic.
Ample opportunity to learn new technologies.
Management is good supportive.
Friendly co-workers.
Pros
Long working hours
like helping
Program/Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 8, 2016
I was working as the Professional Program and project analysis. I worked 6 days a week several time a month I wanted to ensure the company was getting all goals accomplished
Pros
PMP
Cons
na
Great Company
Global IT (Current Employee) –  Mounds View, MNApril 21, 2016
Its mission (To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life) defines this company.
A Good Work Enviornment
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  PRJanuary 21, 2016
The Medtronic company in Villalba, PR has a good work enviornment. Everyday at work there is an output of production which has to be done. You learn to have pasience as the day goes by. Management and co-workers work together to accomplish that goal everyday. The hardest part of the job is when special orders come in bulk quantities od different medical devices which all have a leave time. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you know that it's not just a job, but a responsibility to produce medical devices that can prolong and save a life.
Pros
benefits in general
Cons
cafeteria meals somedays are not satisfying
Medical Company invented the Heart Pacemaker
Sr.Executive Assistant/ Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minnesota Lake, MNFebruary 24, 2016
This was a great position in that the fast paced environment was enjoyable. The managers were easy to work for. They moved our office from Seattle, WA to Minnesota and I could not relocate at that time unfortunately.
Pros
Experienced Sales Force
Cons
Relocated
kept busy
Sr. Incoming Quality Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 10, 2016
There was a lot of fear of layoffs every year and it allowed a culture of favoritism in the department I was in. The focus was not on the quality of work but on how much you pushed through.
Pros
kept busy
Cons
lack of job stability
Medtronic is a Great Company that Guarantees Stability
Software Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 17, 2016
I really appreciate working at Medtronic, however, you have to conform to the company's culture, dress code and schedule, it is not a startup-like job.
I learned a lot about the life cycle of a software product. I learned how to communicate with management and co-workers, who were extremely easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job is conforming to the schedule and constantly learning new things. The most enjoyable part of the job is making great friends and meeting smart people.
Pros
Great Food, Job Security
Cons
Conformity
First Real Job
Diabetes Therapy Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2016
Gave me all the tools, knowledge and values to be successful and grow. Position I was in had great work life balance and have a lot for growth and development.
Productive and great place to learn
Onshore test lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2016
Had a great team which helped in successfully delivering the project to production without any issues.
Received support from the project team whenever needed
Student
Packaging and Quality coop (Former Employee) –  Villalba Municipio, PRJune 17, 2016
Nice internship with great pay and experience. Challenging projects and flexible schedules. Great co-workers and managers that are always willing to help you.
Manufacturing Contingent (Current Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRSeptember 16, 2016
Productive Work, Balance Work, good co-worker, You learn a little of everything, a job not so strong, in a typical work day, it works well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.