Medtronic Employee Reviews

Found 1,024 reviews matching the search
very nice people
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJune 23, 2017
my over all experience with the company was very great. breaks could have been a bit longer and not all mangers used good communication skills but most did and was awesome.
Pros
knowledge all the great work i done
Cons
some management communication
Not a good place to work unless your looking for contract work with no intention of being hired as a employee
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 23, 2017
Most of the people who are hired or contractors. If you get hired as a contractor most likely you will not become a full time employee. The company is barely hanging on by a thread when it comes to the new pump and they will end your contract just as quickly as they started it. They say you will have a contract anywhere from 3 months to 2 years. If you are not hiring by the company in 2 years they will let you go. One of the managers I worked under did not like the fact I questioned them, some of the departments are not managed well and the vibe of the whole company is a white collar everyone is just here for a paycheck. Be very careful and make sure you have a back up plan for when your contract suddenly ends. One huge perk is there is a cafeteria in the building that serves delicious food. Its very nice to go get breakfast, lunch or snacks during work hours.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Contract Only, No Advancement, Bad Vibes, Management is Awful, Lie About Hiring, Employees are Mistreated
Great Company
Senior Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2017
I have worked for Medtronic for almost 3 years. Medtronic has a very positive culture, it offers flexible hours and excellent compensation. I would highly recommend working for Medtronic.
Pros
Excellent Compensation & Work/Life Balance
Cons
Large-Scale Annual Layoffs
Management needs improvement
MFG TECH III/Automation Tech (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJune 22, 2017
Management should be people that worked thier way up in the company, not brought in from other places or companies.

Culture needs to be more employee/family oriented instead of 'numbers driven' & sales/order quotas.

Have learned many new skills & procedures about their type of MFG & Packaging machines.

Very diverse group of people who work there.
Pros
decent pay for hrs worked
Cons
hard to get time off
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2017
Medtronic is a fantastic place to work. The benefits are top notch and the corporate culture is very positive. Opportunities for advancement are plentiful.
Pros
Healthcare, relaxed, work-life balance, pay
Good team enviroment
Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 20, 2017
Job required large team cooperation, documentation for any work is very challenging and not always easy to complete. Working with production can be very challenging.
Fast paced, patient focused
SENIOR ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 19, 2017
I have been with Medtronic since I was out of college - 16.5 years. It has grown astronomically since I started in November 2000. The best part about working at Medtronic is the patient stories and how the products help and change lives for the patients. Depending on the manager, it was very flexible in a work/life balance. I was fortunate to be able to work with some awesome people in my years at Medtronic and made some very long lasting friendships. I was able to work with many different areas of our business and was assigned to many different kinds of projects that let me branch out and able to experience many different aspects of Medtronic.
Diabetes Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2017
Hard days work helping diabetic patients. The job can tough with long hours and difficult doctors and patients. The sales team, and dcm are enjoyable to work with
Management is horrible, they do not value their employees, do not work for the Chanhassen branch
Medtronic Care Management services. (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJune 16, 2017
Management is ridiculous on all levels, they love patting themselves on the back for the hard work they do while treating the people who actually do the work like they don't matter. My team is great and works hard and we are losing good people because of incompetent managers.
Receiving Clerk/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 14, 2017
Medtronic was a great work place. They paid well and was always giving gifts for us doing a job well done. The only thing was the people. That is probably at all warehouse jobs, but you will never get acknowledged by certain supervisors and managers which is bad.
Pros
Free lunches when offered
Cons
No acknowledgement
there's a lot of work
Project SEARCH Intern (Former Employee) –  Mounds View, MNJune 13, 2017
I headed to second floor and I go straight to my desk and I get started working what my supervisor wants me to do like inventory, shipping, labeling and lot of excel spreadsheets
Pros
yes they have lunches but expensive
Cons
and i get 30 min break
Job Security
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 13, 2017
They have made many changes recently to cut back on the amount of manpower that they will need in the near future by creating 'cells', which only 2-4 are needed to operate in each department in Memphis Manufacturing. So therefore I would not recommend anyone to waste their time here.
Pros
Break every two hours
Cons
Job security, Training
Great Place to Work
Machine Operator IV (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 13, 2017
Medtronic is a great place to work, however its outside of my personal goals. I'm in need of a better shift and a job in a field i'm passionate about such as computer technology. I have a lot of experience in computers and communications and would love to obtain employment in a field as such.
Pros
Not a mandatory requirement that you where uniforms
Cons
All shifts are not available and it takes years to get to desired shift
Sales Education Representative
Sales Education Representative (Former Employee) –  VariousJune 12, 2017
Medtronic is a great company and I enjoyed my time there. I was negatively affected by a reduction in forces, which are frequent with the company. My immediate supervisors were excellent. If you get a chance to work for the company, I would recommend it. Just keep your resume updated.
Few career advancement opportunities
Manufacturing Assembler I (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJune 12, 2017
There are few opportunities to move within the company if you start at the bottom. For those that begin higher up, their experiences may be different.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Few career opportunities
Enjoyable job with great benefits
PFS Credit and Collector III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2017
Fast paced job with high expectations. There were many aspects of the business to learn however once you grasped what was required you could advance within the company.
Pros
great supervisor
A productive employer with a wonderful work facility.
Startright (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 12, 2017
Medtronic was a good job. The location was fine for me, due to the proximity of being located close to home.

The work environment was nice. I feel it could have been better. However, while I was there, the company was in the middle of vast growth, change and logistical transition.

The program I was hired to work in for the initial roll out lasted 1 year. While performing in this program, contractors such as myself were treated well and provided a good salary.
Pros
Set schedules, location, facilities
Cons
senior level management unsettled, lack of training.
boring job
Associate Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJune 12, 2017
lots of overtime for those that love to work but with the COS implimentation and the future of this company the pay is not worth the work. More worklaod for same pay is not worth it.
Pros
overtime
Cons
work more for same pay
Challenging
SOS - Senior Sourcing Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Villalba Municipio, PRJune 11, 2017
Ship parts on time to another sister facility. Demanding and challenging. Negotiations skills. Suppliers visit. Visit different facilities. Accurate work environment. Safety. Training. English language a must, bith out spoken and written.
Pros
Free lunches, employee activities, recognization
aaa
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRJune 9, 2017
Very competitive and busy days of many challenges. Many priorities to come to fruition and continuous projects arising to the new changes that are emerging so that the company aims to align with the new demands of the market.
Pros
extent
Cons
hourly paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medtronic. Our community is ready to answer.