This position will report to the Manager, Transfer Agency/MAS/MRP Operations. This position will primarily be responsible for trading and maintaining accurate bookkeeping of client information for the Transfer Agency and MAM/401(k) Retirement Plan participant accounts and for answering customer service telephone calls. This position is responsible for the management of all Retirement/401(k) Plan Sponsor communication related to contributions and account set up, including but not limited to new Retirement Plan participant account set up and working with Plan Administrators of plans. This position is primarily responsible for processing and maintaining accurate bookkeeping of Broker Dealer transactions clearing through DTCC. This position is also responsible for database testing on the Transfer Agency and Retirement Plan record-keeping system.
- Report, communicate and process daily Retirement Plan participant contributions, including accurate bookkeeping of Fund allocation percentages for participants (working with Investment Operations).
- Process new Retirement Plan participant accounts.
- Process Broker Dealer transactions clearing through DTCC daily with at least a 95% accuracy rate.
- Report and manage broker dealer and financial advisor activity through DST FanMail.
- Verify prior day’s Net Asset Values and post prior day’s mutual fund and retirement plan transactions.
- Primary person responsible for monitoring and reporting transaction activity to ensure Blue Sky law compliance.
- Relied upon to answer customer service calls promptly (back-up), resolving issues in an expedient & efficient manner, including problem-solving related to electronic access & online banking for customers while protecting the identity of shareholders.
- Serve as a back-up for Managed Participant Account processing and Transfer Agency processing.
- Report cash and share activity for proprietary mutual funds to Funds’ custodian and Fund Accounting Department.
- Process & manage daily dividend accrual reconciliation for 5-6 Funds between Fund Accounting, custodian bank, and the Transfer Agency.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining accurate bookkeeping of spreadsheets and allocations for each Retirement Plan participant (approx. 2,000 accounts)
- Follow all compliance rules and SEC regulations (Anti-money laundering, Identity Theft procedures, Code of Ethics) related to mutual funds and investment advisory services.
- Report large trade activity to management, upper management, and sales department.
- Manage Target Date Portfolio accounting for Retirement participants, including quarterly rebalancing.
- Produce various Reports to Sales to be used in client meetings
- Process Quarterly Fees for retirement plans.
- Create, reconcile and distribute monthly, quarterly and annual Retirement participant reports, by plan, to Plan Administrators so as to process 5500 Tax Forms for the participants.
- Responsible for developing successful third party vendor relationships (Retirement Plan Third Party Administrators and plan sponsors).
- Primary individual responsible for database testing of the Transfer Agency record-keeping system.
- Calculate and credit applicable accounts for monthly e-delivery activations, including registering and communications to new users.
- Quarterly reporting and due diligence to 50 States to comply with Abandoned Property Laws
- Create and transmit a quarterly lost shareholder file to a 3rd party vendor, ensuring compliance.
- Quality control Meeder Asset Management Retirement Advisory daily processing.
- Creation of daily, monthly and quarterly statements for Meeder Funds shareholders and Advisors.
- Primary associate responsible for all database testing to eliminate any negative impacts to production.
Critical Success Factors
- Passion for the industry within an Operations and call center environment.
- Professional and accountable with high degree of ethics and integrity.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task. Ability to prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to provide leadership qualities in position.
- Ability to work under pressure. Works independently
- Accountable, reliable and dependable.
- Willingness to stretch for excellence each and every day.
- Extremely detail-oriented and extremely diligent to ensure proper documentation and recordkeeping notes.
- Processes with high level of accuracy (99% accuracy level and above).
- Excellent problem solving skills, critical thinker, reconciliation mind-set, and ability to find “outside the box” solutions.
- Strong knowledge of and adherence to compliance responsibilities
- Must consistently exceed agreed upon deadlines.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Driven to be a subject matter expert in position and consistently shows improvement. A quick learner driven for results.
- Flexible and open-minded. Team player.
- Communicates and processes work proactively.
- Works well in team environment, and with Management, Plan Sponsors and Plan Administrators.
- Willing to work extra hours to meet the objectives of the Transfer Agency/MAS/MAM Ops.
FINRA Series 6 License required or must be able to obtain within 1 year
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Proficient at Microsoft Office suite of products (Specifically Word, Intermediate to Advanced Excel required)
Basic understanding of mutual fund industry and financial services
Experience in retirement plan operations a plus.
Typing proficiency and high degree of accuracy in typing (use of keypad, calculator)
Excellent technical skills
Meeder Financial, an Ohio based money management firm with over $6.0 billion in AUM/Advisement, is seeking a Marketing Director to lead the...