Meeting Street Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Excellent place to work.
Marketing and Communications Consultant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 24, 2013
Meeting Street is a wonderful organization that treats their clients and staff with respect and is always encouraging personal and professional enrichment.
Great experience in learning and connecting with special needs population.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 17, 2012
I had to carry a very heavy oxygen tank on my right shoulder every time my high school student had to be transported to the bathroom ,other parts of the building, on a field trip or on the bus. I had to steady my client as well when walking or getting her out of her chair. I appealed to the management and the nurse raising a saftey issue and it was not dealt with. Ultimately, when I had the tank on I was left alone when I should not have been .My client fell to the floor and I fell ahead of her to break her fall lest she receive an injury. I had to leave the job because of a frozen shoulder and other injuries. This could have been prevented by repacing the heavy oxygen tank for a lighter one and having the teacher and other assistant remaining together as a class.
Pros
i enjoyed working with this population and we had fun in our activities.
Cons
management changes left gaps in communication and i felt there were safety issues.
great palce and friendly people
teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  providence,riDecember 21, 2011
ever person at meeting street are every friendly and helpful

Meeting Street Reviews by Location