Megabus Employee Reviews

Easy Workplace
Bus Porter (Former Employee) –  West Oakland, CAJuly 18, 2017
Was very relaxed and overall an outstanding experience working for megabus! Like how they contacted me in such quick time back. Liked how they serviced me and taught me correctly.
Pros
Free Trips
Cons
gOOD bREAK
Good people to work with
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 14, 2017
Cleaning buses getting them ready to send out. Checking in customers getting drivers ready with all the things they need to take their trip. Checking log books ans paper work
Fun working place
Coach USA (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 30, 2017
One typical day is when a customer called in very upset about his bus not being on time. What I have learned about the situation is that professional is the key. The situation was verbally explained to the manager and it was handled very well on my part. Every one in the office pulled together to satisfy this customer even though the error was on his part. The hardest part on the situation was trying to retrieve the customer belonging back to him. the enjoyable part was that we got the customer to his traveling place.
Pros
good hours
Cons
traveling sometimes
If you like to work hard and get paid less this is the place to come to!
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2017
For all the work you had to do the pay should have been higher! Mind you your not driving a regular coach bus. Your a double deck coach bus with the weight of a truck! You can get as many as ten to eighty passengers on your bus. If you were driving nights you had help as far as if anyone got out of hand. On days you had no help! You had to be the customer service rep., driver, mechanic, loader in most city where you were picking and dropping off people at! You also had to be a weatherman too! This company likes to send you out doing bad weather too!
Productive and fun workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2017
pre trip bus pick up people , deliver them to diff. stops in state and out of state, people are great to work with .. ..enjoyed working here
great management also
Pros
good company
Cons
not enough money
A great place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day at Megabus includes interaction with the passengers that are traveling from city to city. You are responsible for checking reservations, loading luggage and driving the double decker bus.
Pros
Free food, per diem
So-So
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2017
So-So company. So-So salary. So-So atmosphere. Over promised and under delivered. Believes strongly in cutting cost in all possible categories so that quarterly numbers look attractive.
Unique technical opportunity in a new field.
Central Support Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 30, 2016
I worked here as a "land traffic controller" of sorts. It was a safety department. We oversaw thousands of busses outfitted with GPS devices and reported to senior management to insure FMCSA compliance.
Pros
The job, itself, was enjoyable.
Cons
Shift work disorder. Senior Management not with the times.
bus company
Coach USA (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 28, 2016
Safely driving and operating of a motor vehicle assigned on various charters or tours dispatched by the Company. Knowledgeable through studying maps and other materials of destinations, drivers cannot rely solely on GPS technology. You must be prepared for the unexpected. Performing a thorough pre-trip inspection.
Busy and Fun
Ground Crew (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2016
Mornings start off busy three buses back to back, usually slows down. Gets really difficult when the weathers bad; best thing about working get a lot of down time and other workers are easy going. Its outside physical work that I like keeps me constantly in motion. Management pretty decent.
Pros
Physical work keeps you moving
Cons
Not enough reliable staff for ground crew
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 11, 2016
Was a fun place to be. the major downside to it was they lied about the schedule the buses would arrive and that management made sure we had to do so. Meeting new people of different cultures was a nice addition.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
schedule
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 15, 2016
Being able to handle large amounts of customers on a daily basis was an interesting thing. the down side they lied to the customers on when the buses would arrive.
Coach Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2016
Management was great and always offered compensation whenever needed. My co-workers are an asset to the company and most everyone tries to work together. Really no hard part to this job. It's all about being able to get along with everyone riding the bus and enjoying what you do as I do enjoy being an asset to the company.
Pros
Comps and hotels when traveling.
OK pay, OK company
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2016
Ticket agent for MegaBus. Worked at the stop and rarely had interference from management which left a lot of down time for reading and whatnot but didn't always feel safe from some of the shadier passengers.
Pros
little involvement with management
Cons
didn't always feel safe at work
Challenging
Bus Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDJanuary 12, 2016
Assign work to mechanics order necessary parts, fill out daily reports,communicate with operations to ensure I meet their equipment needs, employee training, PM and repair audits, parts inventory, handle road calls, safety compliance, employee scheduling, payroll,
laid off 1st wk of jan 2016
bus driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2016
They gave us a 34 day notice of are routes being terminated witch put us out of work until further notice. Some of the drivers have kids car notes etc. They haven't offer no bonus or grievance pay due to the situation. A billion dollar company treat good employees like dead fish left in the sun.Loyal employees with clean mvr master thier jobs as a professional. This is a cold hearted business. They offered charter employment that pays 25 bucks per day to keep employees from filing unemployment. I believe they could have handle this alot better with a meeting not word of mouth. The chater work pay less then MCDONALD'S i never seen nothing like this in my life! Management suck i dont even no who to answer too!
Pros
Meet people of all nature and background good and bad it can be exciting or crazy .
Cons
no pay increase/ no holiday pay/ no paid time off/no bonus
Regular work place
Coach USA (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2015
Not a career place to retire from management isnt that great communication isnt that great I wouldnt tell anybody not to work here they have to found out on their own and have your own experince
Pros
Home every other day
Cons
best paying job i have ever had
shop supervisor (Current Employee) –  marylandJune 15, 2015
this job is the best i have ever had and it is not just the pay .my manager walk me up and down the training . and went to bat for me .i love my job and hope i can help make it a better company.
Pros
pay /management /co-workers
Cons
i have no cons
In need of improvement in many areas.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 11, 2015
Typical day - answering emails and phone calls
What you learn - about bus transportation services
Co-workers - amazing
Coach USA (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMarch 23, 2015
I have learned how to deal with customers and to maintain my composure. The hardest part is not being able to assist customers when I want to but cannot.