Megabus Employee Reviews in United States

Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 11, 2016
Was a fun place to be. the major downside to it was they lied about the schedule the buses would arrive and that management made sure we had to do so. Meeting new people of different cultures was a nice addition.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
schedule
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 15, 2016
Being able to handle large amounts of customers on a daily basis was an interesting thing. the down side they lied to the customers on when the buses would arrive.
Coach Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2016
Management was great and always offered compensation whenever needed. My co-workers are an asset to the company and most everyone tries to work together. Really no hard part to this job. It's all about being able to get along with everyone riding the bus and enjoying what you do as I do enjoy being an asset to the company.
Pros
Comps and hotels when traveling.
OK pay, OK company
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2016
Ticket agent for MegaBus. Worked at the stop and rarely had interference from management which left a lot of down time for reading and whatnot but didn't always feel safe from some of the shadier passengers.
Pros
little involvement with management
Cons
didn't always feel safe at work
Challenging
Bus Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDJanuary 12, 2016
Assign work to mechanics order necessary parts, fill out daily reports,communicate with operations to ensure I meet their equipment needs, employee training, PM and repair audits, parts inventory, handle road calls, safety compliance, employee scheduling, payroll,
laid off 1st wk of jan 2016
bus driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2016
They gave us a 34 day notice of are routes being terminated witch put us out of work until further notice. Some of the drivers have kids car notes etc. They haven't offer no bonus or grievance pay due to the situation. A billion dollar company treat good employees like dead fish left in the sun.Loyal employees with clean mvr master thier jobs as a professional. This is a cold hearted business. They offered charter employment that pays 25 bucks per day to keep employees from filing unemployment. I believe they could have handle this alot better with a meeting not word of mouth. The chater work pay less then MCDONALD'S i never seen nothing like this in my life! Management suck i dont even no who to answer too!
Pros
Meet people of all nature and background good and bad it can be exciting or crazy .
Cons
no pay increase/ no holiday pay/ no paid time off/no bonus
Regular work place
Coach USA (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2015
Not a career place to retire from management isnt that great communication isnt that great I wouldnt tell anybody not to work here they have to found out on their own and have your own experince
Pros
HOME EVERY OTHER DAY
Cons
MANAGEMENT
best paying job i have ever had
shop supervisor (Current Employee) –  marylandJune 15, 2015
this job is the best i have ever had and it is not just the pay .my manager walk me up and down the training . and went to bat for me .i love my job and hope i can help make it a better company.
Pros
pay /management /co-workers
Cons
i have no cons
In need of improvement in many areas.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 11, 2015
Typical day - answering emails and phone calls
What you learn - about bus transportation services
Co-workers - amazing
Coach USA (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMarch 23, 2015
I have learned how to deal with customers and to maintain my composure. The hardest part is not being able to assist customers when I want to but cannot.
nice place to work
Coach USA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
when you drive a megabus you feel like the king of the road . every car that rides by looks up every stop you make in a small town someone comes up and ask how do you drive something this big.But to tell you the truth it drives like a car.
Challenging and fun place to work
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2015
When coming to work you don't know what to expect. I have to prepare for the next day. As a manager I learned to except problem and not to be afraid to tackle the problem head on. It is a fun place to work with the co workers and drivers I have to deal with on a day by day basis. The hardest part of the job is when a bus break down in the middle of the night and we have to find drivers and prepare a bus to rescue the customers and driver. If that is not possible then we have to call other bus companies to help us with our situation. When everything is calm and goes as plan then we can do our job and relax afterwards.
Pros
working with nice and fun individuals.
Cons
have to sometimes eat your lunch while working.
OK place to work for
Motor Coach Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2014
co-workers are good to work with. passengers and management is the hardest part of the job and the double standards just don't work. They teach you some good Motor Coach driving skills. If you like to travel a lot well this might be for you.not much more to say
Unsafe place to work. Paid less than Atlanta drivers for same job
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLNovember 23, 2014
Horrible Company to work for. Unsafe working conditions especially if your a woman. A company that the manager is homophobic. Pay is horrible for being responsible for many aspects not just driving.
Very busy, on the ball job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2014
This job required us to manage over 160+ drivers. We had to provide a fleet report for buses going out hours prior to their departure so that buses were on time for their routes. We had to work with the shop/mechanics so that we knew when buses would be coming out of the garage and ready to go out. If there were legal problems with drivers and they could not pull their run, or for any other personal reasons, then we had to change the schedule and re-arrange drivers with enough time for them to have the legal amount of hours off and time to come into work.

Furthermore, other than managing, the other Operations Managers split the work. There are usually two per shift and when times got tough the atmosphere gets stressful fast.
The toughest part of this job was to create a fleet report for our outbound buses when there were buses in the shop, broke down out of state, and older buses that could not complete the longer routes.
Pros
sometimes free lunch, request time off was decent
Cons
no lunch break, not enough room for personal area like a desk, does not pay enough
Productive and Exciting workplace with great benifits.
Coach USA (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 9, 2014
I enjoyed working with the company as a ticket agent. I wanted to get promoted to a manager or supervisor position but due to my car accident and company pay cut I was laid off. Dealing with customers face to face everyday coming into the facility and leaving at scheduled departure times I would say it was very interesting and quite a challenging experience everyday and night that I was assigned to work.
Pros
bonuses, company lunches, traveling
Cons
healthcare
unprofessional
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  MDJuly 12, 2014
This job did pay the bills but you work long hours. The benefits were lousy so you'd better not get sick. My fellow co workers were fun but don't get too close. Management was a joke. They were so unprofessional. They made up rules as they went along. They tried to use intimidation to manage drivers. I worked there for 3 years and they were the longest hardest 3 years of my life. I only recommend working here if u have no family and need to make some quick money. They are crooks and they have the union in their back pockets.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long hours/no life/bad union
Good pay, away from home alot.
Decker Operator (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJune 3, 2013
Early starts, driving daily about 500 miles. Away from home up to 4 days at a time. People are nice, worker moral is low. Benefits are terrible.
Transportation
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 26, 2013
Has been very interesting place to work at.
I was hoping for a longer time to work there
but they are laying so many people off I am not
sure if they will close.
Pros
travel for free
Cons
long rotating shifts
And place to work if u like traveling
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2012
A lots of driving over the road.how to drive and coach bus and dealing with peoples and their issues.None.co.workers good people to work with.good team players.sitting for and long period of time.putting on and uniform looking professional.

2.4