MegaPath Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 20, 2016
As a broadband company, MegaPath Cloud had to be able to react quickly to market demands and government rulings regarding broadband to continually meet customer needs while serving the business goals.
Good launching point into career
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 6, 2015
Management is very strict on goals but does not offer assistance in achieving them. High employee turnover. Broken processes and systems.

Good place to jump start a career for short period
Pros
Free lunch at end of month
Cons
Thoughts and ideas go unnoticed
Working with Big Cable and Telecom
PC Test Technician/Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 5, 2015
Was laid off after a corporate take-over - they do not honor their promises. The workplace was alright, it was close to my home, but there were no decorations, and nobody talked to each other - they would just come in, put headphones on and work all day.
Great environment, flexible times and large responsibility.
Advanced Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2015
I worked in Megapath for 14 years, a really successful IT company, where we provided internet backbone service, installing and maintaining services from DSL, T-1, OC3 and OC12 plus VOIP. I was in charge of installing and maintaining all equipment on all NE Florida. My typical day would be: Checking my work log and emails, looking for trouble tickets and new installations and a daily conference call. I would dispatch out to either Central Offices, where I would maintain the overall network or follow a problem down the line all the way to a customer and either fix or install new services. The job was satisfying enough to move myself and family to Jacksonville and take over a region that had 6 technicians to be the sole tech for the past 11 years.
Pros
Company provided vehicle, computer, internet and cellphone.
Cons
24/7 on-call
Long sevens years of rough seas working the internets
ACT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, txSeptember 10, 2015
getting pushed to do better than the tools provided, forced to work weekends, had people leave us to go work for others making more than me, the super.....
Cons
weekends, long hours
Good place to gain the necessary skills to move on!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anywhere USA! Go Seahawks!July 2, 2015
Having been through several mergers and acquisitions - it can become a little hectic to work in this particular environment. If you are generally good and productive you can move up in this structure. It is a little about who you know as well. Management can be good but sometimes are very shortsided in departments other than "Voice" . It is really a telecommunications mindset first all others must stand in line. Megapath is going through many changes all the time as the owner likes to grow revenue through acquisition. However the issue is in the transition as the tools and data are not integrated so you have many home grown applications and separate environments that do the same thing. Co-workers are great - mostly smart and talented people. Hardest part of the job is the communication barrier between all management and workers.
Pros
Decent work for decent pay.
Cons
Lack of communication and overall movement. Too many hands in the jar!
Fast Growing Start Up Company
Director, Security, Risk and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Austin TXMay 22, 2015
A Fast growing Managed Services Company, It is going through a lot of M & A. and Need to improve process to integrate new companies.
Pros
Reliable Company
Cons
Funding
Disorganized Place
Noc Tier 2 Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 18, 2015
A typical work day was coming in and enjoying being yelled at by customers. I learned different technologies types, about routes, vip's, vrf's, redbacks, shadow routers. Management is reactive in nature and does not pay a lot of attention to the employees until something blows up in their face. Most of the co-workers played around instead of doing work. The hardest part of the day was doing things that were not in our job description, such as helping other departments with their problems.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
small company with large ambitions
Premier Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 5, 2015
MegaPath is a result of a merger in 2011 of Speakeasy, COVAD, and MegaPath. I started with Speakeasy in 2010 and they were successful as a VoIP Specialty company.
The merged companies objective was to deliver VoIP, internet broadband and SSL to large and medium size business customers nationwide. They were to be a formidable competitive CLEC.
Unfortunately, after 4 years the merger was not a success and all companies disbanded and were sold off to other companies. I think the passion was there but for whatever reason it didn't make enough money to sustain itself. Good people to work with though.
Very Relaxed Work Environment
Advanced Services NOC Support Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 30, 2015
The first company to gain PCI compliance. End-to-end VPN management with other managed services offered.

Exposure to all different types of technology and network architectures. MegaPath services 50,000+ end points for enterprise customers alone in the food, retail, government, medical, and educational sectors.

Management will let you know when it is crunch time though they do not regularly micro-manage individuals. Co-workers are friendly and interested in helping all others provide good support.

Things are currently changing per the resent acquisition of MegaPath by GTT. New ticketing systems, new monitoring systems, new company!

The most enjoyable part of the MegaPath culture would probably include their annual interdepartmental ping-pong championships.
Pros
Regular OT, free food on holidays, and often on other days as well
Cons
Difficult to get a raise

Want to know more about MegaPath?

Ask a question
Telecom Provider
Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2015
MegaPath is a leading provider of voice, data, networking, security, and cloud services for small, medium, and enterprise businesses nationwide. MegaPath solutions help businesses lower communication costs, increase network security, and improve business operations and productivity.
Austin MegaPath office is like high school in an office setting...
Service Delivery Department (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2015
This company offers competitive pay for its new hires, but that's because there are quarterly layoffs (Friday evening phone calls that tell you not to come back, after your keycard has been deactivated). I was at this company for years, and I repeatedly watched my honest, hard working coworkers (typically the ones that made the most money due to their position or longevity with the company) fired for no apparent reason... only to be replaced with cheaper fresh meat that slowed down productivity (which we were punished for) when the rest of us had to be pulled to train them. The company outsourced most of our jobs to Bangalore India... and instead of valuing the employees here, it laid off a substantial chunk of the workforce yet expensively carted off a manager for a trip to India to train their replacements. Sound familiar? This is OUTSOURCED in real life.

I learned a lot in this job, but the constant stress we all gained from the never ending IS-THIS-MY-LAST-DAY? feeling that never went away simply wasn't worth it in the end.

Many people tried to tell me that the drama I experienced at MegaPath is everywhere and that I would feel the same way about my next role, but I've worked several jobs since then, and I have NEVER been as miserable anywhere else. There were managers who threw parties (off campus, of course) where employees got drunk and high together, and happy hour gatherings after work where people were inappropriately touched or propositioned by those in leadership, only to be shunned by HR when they addressed those issues. Everyone who ever experienced these violations
  more... either quit when they realized that the company did not care or was fired for other negligible failures that otherwise would have never been an issue. I've never seen management change so frequently due to people "moving on" to better positions, elsewhere. It was always the same story, too ... They come in with MLK-like speeches about how they have a dream and a direction for the company and that "change is gonna come," but after 6 months, they always realize that the company does not want to change and that they will be greater valued elsewhere.

Megapath believes in one thing: numbers. People and employees do not matter, and the gap between the hard working peons and the management administration is astronomical. Unfortunately, they don't see that creating a positive job culture and fostering the success of a true team that believes in its organization would do so much to improve the company morale AND reward it with numbers.
Pros
weekly provided lunches, gadget rewards for productivity contests
Cons
random layoffs, penalization for failures when there is no job description
We are a family
Sr. Sales Support Manager, Wholesale (Current Employee) –  Remote WorkerJanuary 7, 2015
Having been at the same company for 14 years, I have gotten to know my colleagues very well and we all are like a family. Everyone helps each other out and there is no infighting at all. We all have our duties and work well together.

Managers communicate company objectives and are always upfront with information.
Medicore work place with no definate methodologies.
CPE Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San JoseNovember 24, 2014
Lots of thing to learn and explore. No enough time and people.
Good place, bad work tools.
Help Desk Tier 1 (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 20, 2014
Although satisfied with the personnel, I think for a company as big as they seem to be, their applications for the employers are outdated. Most of the applications are redundant and sketchy on when they actually work correctly. They have claimed that it will change by the end of 2015 and the ticketing system by 2016, but that makes them very behind the curb.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
bad applications
Productive & supporting
SR. TEAM LEAD/SR. JAVA DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2014
Its pleasure working
Team was very supporting
Ambience was very nice
Close to downtown Seattle and the waterfront
Sales Quote Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2014
Team oriented with well around staff to work with. The teams are well rounded and the other departments are willing to assist.
New to Megapath
NOC Tech Tier 3 (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2014
So far so good, nice people to work with, I was showed how Megapath supports many clients with many types of devices and services.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2014
Face paced technology sales environment.
Phones sales focus spending much of your day on the phone talking to your customers and prospective clients.
Interactive sales floor working closely with your co-workers and management looking to improve sales stratagies and help support each others success.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
senior leadership, product in the marketplace is slipping
Sales Support Specialist
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 28, 2014
My typical day includes but is not limited to the following..

1. Checking existing cases to see the status of them, and when they will be resolved.
2. Checking in with my reps to see if they have any urgent matters that might be preventing them from completely the sales quote for the customer.
3. Prioritizing my work
4. Multitasking .. working cases, reports, phone calls, and reps approaching my desk with questions.
Pros
i love problem solving, and every account is different and challenging!
Cons
there is not a lot of room to advance here.