MegaPath

SR. TEAM LEAD/SR. JAVA DEVELOPER (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 17, 2014
Its pleasure working
Team was very supporting
Ambience was very nice
Close to downtown Seattle and the waterfront
Sales Quote Consultant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2014
Team oriented with well around staff to work with. The teams are well rounded and the other departments are willing to assist.
New to Megapath
NOC Tech Tier 3 (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2014
So far so good, nice people to work with, I was showed how Megapath supports many clients with many types of devices and services.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: senior leadership, product in the marketplace is slipping
Face paced technology sales environment.
Phones sales focus spending much of your day on the phone talking to your customers and prospective clients.
Interactive sales floor working closely with your co-workers and management looking to improve sales stratagies and help support each others success.
Sales Support Specialist
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: i love problem solving, and every account is different and challenging!
Cons: there is not a lot of room to advance here.
My typical day includes but is not limited to the following..

1. Checking existing cases to see the status of them, and when they will be resolved.
2. Checking in with my reps to see if they have any urgent matters that might be preventing them from completely the sales quote for the customer.
3. Prioritizing my work
4. Multitasking .. working cases, – more... reports, phone calls, and reps approaching my desk with questions. – less
Keep up or get left behind
Activations Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: new tech
Cons: we got bought out
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Since 1996 MegaPath has been the largest privately held end-to-end,
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 25, 2014
Since 1996 MegaPath has been the largest privately held end-to-end, facilities-based provider serving small, medium and enterprise businesses. MegaPath leverages its wide selection of data services, Voice over IP (VoIP), Cloud, and Security technologies to enable businesses to lower costs, increase security and enhance productivity.
2010, three national – more... brands—Covad Communications, Speakeasy, and MegaPath—came together to form the new MegaPath. The combination of Speakeasy’s voice expertise, Covad’s enormous network footprint, and MegaPath’s sophisticated portfolio of MPLS and managed services now gives us the power to serve all our customers better than ever. – less
The pay is decent
Client Account Sales & Business Sales Executive (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 18, 2014
Pros: Base salary, benefits at 90 days, and 401k. The trainers are great the employees are great; and if you are there on the first Thursday of every month wearing the themed tie you get to enjoy Happy Hour with the Executives in the conference room. Pretty cool I guess.

Cons: No one takes accountability for customer issues. Certain managers prefer – more... not to train new hires, micromanage, and scrutinize metrics without proper instructions. If you are out on PTO they will also call you twice a day on each day out of the office; this also includes vacation time. I would not recommend working here. – less
Amazing work environment.
Technical Support Representative II (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 13, 2014
Pros: ability to grow knowledge wise
Cons: not enough room to move up in management/higher tier positions.
This company has allowed me to work on every single type of technology the company has. I have been able to expand my knowledge base significantly due to the managements encouragement.
Good Place to work
Enterprise Billing Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 2, 2014
Overall a good place to work... Workers are expected to do much more that assigned duties.
frustration with this company after the merge
Field Service / Transport Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: co vehicle, benefits, bonuses, work alone w/ limited supervision
Cons: too much micromanagement atmosphere, no clear direction from management, salary lower than the national average.
management is faulty,unprofessional,and unfaithfully targeting the employees..
realigning mangement will improve the success of the company and lift all employees morale..
Great Employees, smaller telecom with robust services
Channel Manager/Business Account Executive (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: free orca card, great employees
Cons: installation process and quota
Great place to come in and enjoy your time with your fellow co-workers. The product offering is vast and progressive. I've seen 3 different VP's pass through these halls in my time, which says a lot about the direction of the company. (In my humble opinion)
The product offering is great, however the installation and follow through processes are a nightmare. – more... Literally we lose sleep over this stuff because we care, but feel helpless to fulfill our clients needs. As a 3rd party vendor, we have so little control over how the installations go and it's the most customer effecting part of our company. Which makes getting paid even harder, we get paid when our stuff installs. It's a tough gig. You have to have a tough skin and need to be able to balance creating new relationships, keeping existing relations alive and happy, as well as customer support and order tracking. Multitasking is an understatement for this place. You wear many, many hats on a daily basis. On top of that they keep lowering the price of our products to be more competitive, but keep the ridiculously high quota! – less
horrible management
NOC Technician (Former Employee), austin txAugust 21, 2013
Pros: cheap vending prices
Cons: supervisors and reasoning behind business practices
seems the only way to the top of this company is that which i do not agree with. Honoring customers and taking your time to explain issues and resolve customer concerns is not what their drive is.
Internship
New Service Development Student Intern (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTJuly 18, 2013
Interviewed customers to uncover problems with services
• Developed marketing plans
• Effectively worked on a cross-sectional team
Fun place to work with...
Technical Support Tier 2 (Current Employee), Denver,COApril 30, 2013
Troubleshooting and working with end users, partners, ILECs to resolve network connectivity issues.
Good people but complicated processes
Technician Tier II (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 13, 2013
Pros: casual dress and relaxed enviroment
Cons: to many processes, not enough communication, and not enough compensation.
Company has recently merged with other companies. They are still working to streamline processes and fix cross departmental communication. Overall this aspect makes the job more complicated then necessary.
Customer service issues
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2013
Megapath has continued to be unable to resolve post installation service issues.
Hostile Atmosphere - Toxic Culture
Business VoIP Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: co-workers were fun to work with, no filter on the internet.
Management needs restructuring and employees need to be held accountable for the quality of the work they do.
Awesome environmental that can be a little rough around the edges
Supply Chain Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 5, 2012
As with any place you work, there are individuals here that don't give the 100% needed to get the job done. This is still a growing company and they have a lot of great idea's that sometimes get lost with all the work to be done. I would definitely recommend this job to someone who likes to fix problems, both within and outside the company.
A good place to work with very good people
Technical Specialist II (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 14, 2012
Perform installation and repair of managed networks at the customer premise and in a central office environment. This includes DSL, loop testing and repair, premise wiring router configurations. Perform central office maintenance, installation and upgrades of DSL equipment, perform turn-ups of T1 and T3, installation of wireless equipment, cable installation – more... and very familiar with DSLAMS, routers and voice/data carrier facilities. Install, troubleshoot, and maintain high-capacity (broadband) transmission equipment and work with other providers of transmission capacity to resolve problems with circuits and work on an on-call basis. Perform additional duties as required including but not limited to the installation of fiber jumpers and associated supporting structure, fiber equipment and installation of some DC power equipment. Perform management of multiple site installations, site surveys and CO audits. Expertise in VoIP and voice services as well as knowledge of alternating current installations. – less

About MegaPath

MegaPath blazes a trail through the US communications landscape. The company provides managed Internet protocol (IP) services, – Read more