MegaPath

MegaPath Employer Reviews

Very Relaxed Work Environment
Advanced Services NOC Support Specialist III (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Regular OT, free food on holidays, and often on other days as well
Cons: Difficult to get a raise
The first company to gain PCI compliance. End-to-end VPN management with other managed services offered.

Exposure to all different types of technology and network architectures. MegaPath services 50,000+ end points for enterprise customers alone in the food, retail, government, medical, and educational sectors.

Management will let you know when it is crunch time though they do not regularly micro-manage individuals. Co-workers are friendly and interested in helping all others provide good support.

Things are currently changing per the resent acquisition of MegaPath by GTT. New ticketing systems, new monitoring systems, new company!

The most enjoyable part of the MegaPath culture would probably include their annual interdepartmental ping-pong championships.
Telecom Provider
Employee (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2015
MegaPath is a leading provider of voice, data, networking, security, and cloud services for small, medium, and enterprise businesses nationwide. MegaPath solutions help businesses lower communication costs, increase network security, and improve business operations and productivity.
Austin MegaPath office is like high school in an office setting...
Service Delivery Department (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: weekly provided lunches, gadget rewards for productivity contests
Cons: random layoffs, penalization for failures when there is no job description
This company offers competitive pay for its new hires, but that's because there are quarterly layoffs (Friday evening phone calls that tell you not to come back, after your keycard has been deactivated). I was at this company for years, and I repeatedly watched my honest, hard working coworkers (typically the ones that made the most money due to their position or longevity with the company) fired for no apparent reason... only to be replaced with cheaper fresh meat that slowed down productivity (which we were punished for) when the rest of us had to be pulled to train them. The company outsourced most of our jobs to Bangalore India... and instead of valuing the employees here, it laid off a substantial chunk of the workforce yet expensively carted off a manager for a trip to India to train their replacements. Sound familiar? This is OUTSOURCED in real life.

I learned a lot in this job, but the constant stress we all gained from the never ending IS-THIS-MY-LAST-DAY? feeling that never went away simply wasn't worth it in the end.

Many people tried to tell me that the drama I experienced at MegaPath is everywhere and that I would feel the same way about my next role, but I've worked several jobs since then, and I have NEVER been as miserable anywhere else. There were managers who threw parties (off campus, of course) where employees got drunk and high together, and happy hour gatherings after work where people were inappropriately touched or propositioned by those in leadership, only to be shunned by HR when they addressed those issues. Everyone who ever experienced these violations – more... either quit when they realized that the company did not care or was fired for other negligible failures that otherwise would have never been an issue. I've never seen management change so frequently due to people "moving on" to better positions, elsewhere. It was always the same story, too ... They come in with MLK-like speeches about how they have a dream and a direction for the company and that "change is gonna come," but after 6 months, they always realize that the company does not want to change and that they will be greater valued elsewhere.

Megapath believes in one thing: numbers. People and employees do not matter, and the gap between the hard working peons and the management administration is astronomical. Unfortunately, they don't see that creating a positive job culture and fostering the success of a true team that believes in its organization would do so much to improve the company morale AND reward it with numbers. – less
We are a family
Sr. Sales Support Manager, Wholesale (Current Employee), Remote WorkerJanuary 7, 2015
Having been at the same company for 14 years, I have gotten to know my colleagues very well and we all are like a family. Everyone helps each other out and there is no infighting at all. We all have our duties and work well together.

Managers communicate company objectives and are always upfront with information.
Medicore work place with no definate methodologies.
CPE Test Engineer (Former Employee), San JoseNovember 24, 2014
Lots of thing to learn and explore. No enough time and people.
Productive & supporting
SR. TEAM LEAD/SR. JAVA DEVELOPER (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 17, 2014
Its pleasure working
Team was very supporting
Ambience was very nice
Close to downtown Seattle and the waterfront
Sales Quote Consultant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2014
Team oriented with well around staff to work with. The teams are well rounded and the other departments are willing to assist.
New to Megapath
NOC Tech Tier 3 (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2014
So far so good, nice people to work with, I was showed how Megapath supports many clients with many types of devices and services.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: senior leadership, product in the marketplace is slipping
Face paced technology sales environment.
Phones sales focus spending much of your day on the phone talking to your customers and prospective clients.
Interactive sales floor working closely with your co-workers and management looking to improve sales stratagies and help support each others success.
Sales Support Specialist
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: i love problem solving, and every account is different and challenging!
Cons: there is not a lot of room to advance here.
My typical day includes but is not limited to the following..

1. Checking existing cases to see the status of them, and when they will be resolved.
2. Checking in with my reps to see if they have any urgent matters that might be preventing them from completely the sales quote for the customer.
3. Prioritizing my work
4. Multitasking .. working cases, reports, phone calls, and reps approaching my desk with questions.
Keep up or get left behind
Activations Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: new tech
Cons: we got bought out
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Since 1996 MegaPath has been the largest privately held end-to-end,
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 25, 2014
Since 1996 MegaPath has been the largest privately held end-to-end, facilities-based provider serving small, medium and enterprise businesses. MegaPath leverages its wide selection of data services, Voice over IP (VoIP), Cloud, and Security technologies to enable businesses to lower costs, increase security and enhance productivity.
2010, three national brands—Covad Communications, Speakeasy, and MegaPath—came together to form the new MegaPath. The combination of Speakeasy’s voice expertise, Covad’s enormous network footprint, and MegaPath’s sophisticated portfolio of MPLS and managed services now gives us the power to serve all our customers better than ever.
The pay is decent
Client Account Sales & Business Sales Executive (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 18, 2014
Pros: Base salary, benefits at 90 days, and 401k. The trainers are great the employees are great; and if you are there on the first Thursday of every month wearing the themed tie you get to enjoy Happy Hour with the Executives in the conference room. Pretty cool I guess.

Cons: No one takes accountability for customer issues. Certain managers prefer not to train new hires, micromanage, and scrutinize metrics without proper instructions. If you are out on PTO they will also call you twice a day on each day out of the office; this also includes vacation time. I would not recommend working here.
Amazing work environment.
Technical Support Representative II (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 13, 2014
Pros: ability to grow knowledge wise
Cons: not enough room to move up in management/higher tier positions.
This company has allowed me to work on every single type of technology the company has. I have been able to expand my knowledge base significantly due to the managements encouragement.
Good Place to work
Enterprise Billing Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 2, 2014
Overall a good place to work... Workers are expected to do much more that assigned duties.
frustration with this company after the merge
Field Service / Transport Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: co vehicle, benefits, bonuses, work alone w/ limited supervision
Cons: too much micromanagement atmosphere, no clear direction from management, salary lower than the national average.
management is faulty,unprofessional,and unfaithfully targeting the employees..
realigning mangement will improve the success of the company and lift all employees morale..
Great Employees, smaller telecom with robust services
Channel Manager/Business Account Executive (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: free orca card, great employees
Cons: installation process and quota
Great place to come in and enjoy your time with your fellow co-workers. The product offering is vast and progressive. I've seen 3 different VP's pass through these halls in my time, which says a lot about the direction of the company. (In my humble opinion)
The product offering is great, however the installation and follow through processes are a nightmare. Literally we lose sleep over this stuff because we care, but feel helpless to fulfill our clients needs. As a 3rd party vendor, we have so little control over how the installations go and it's the most customer effecting part of our company. Which makes getting paid even harder, we get paid when our stuff installs. It's a tough gig. You have to have a tough skin and need to be able to balance creating new relationships, keeping existing relations alive and happy, as well as customer support and order tracking. Multitasking is an understatement for this place. You wear many, many hats on a daily basis. On top of that they keep lowering the price of our products to be more competitive, but keep the ridiculously high quota!
horrible management
NOC Technician (Former Employee), austin txAugust 21, 2013
Pros: cheap vending prices
Cons: supervisors and reasoning behind business practices
seems the only way to the top of this company is that which i do not agree with. Honoring customers and taking your time to explain issues and resolve customer concerns is not what their drive is.
Internship
New Service Development Student Intern (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTJuly 18, 2013
Interviewed customers to uncover problems with services
• Developed marketing plans
• Effectively worked on a cross-sectional team
Fun place to work with...
Technical Support Tier 2 (Current Employee), Denver,COApril 30, 2013
Troubleshooting and working with end users, partners, ILECs to resolve network connectivity issues.

About MegaPath

MegaPath blazes a trail through the US communications landscape. The company provides managed Internet protocol (IP) services, – Read more