Meggitt Employee Reviews

All of the confusion of a start up, with none of the energy or drive
Management (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 12, 2016
I worked at the Akron, Ohio office with some great people. There were so many broken tech and business processes in place from 2014 to 2016 all over. It took a month to get purchase orders approved, no automated processes were online. They use a PDF for every kind of process in HR. This is the worse on-boarding experience you will ever go through. I had to fill out 20 forms to get on-boarded. HR was in disarray most times. You have to wait a week or more to get a response to a simple question. It took IT a week to get a laptop and 5 days for a phone. All processes were written for a formal and mature Fortune 500 companies, but they were executed at a small business level with chaos and terrible results. Expectation for job success were vague and undefined most times. No negotiation on starting salary either take it or leave it. Interviews were skewed to make you think you'd be doing one job, then day one, you get a different title! Most people in management were struggling just to keep their heads above water. Projects were always being delayed by UK for one reason or another, usually no funding. Robbing one projects funding to replace another's was common. No money to replace anything, but the infrastructure was crumbling all around.
Pros
Smart people here, but scattered, not organized
Cons
Lack of opportunities, too many policies, unreal, unclear expectations
You can make a living at Meggitt,
Industrial Engineering Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GADecember 15, 2016
There is no advancing in this company. Meggit pays just enough to live on but not enough to get ahead and the benefits keep getting worse with each passing year.
Pros
Location and hours
Benefits
Great Ideas for Manufacturing Improvement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORAugust 12, 2016
Great site for manufacturing improvement, but lacked updated equipment, and had large employee turnover.
Competitive management salaries, but balance between work and home/family was far from even. Production employee salaries lacking.
Pros
Employee interaction
Cons
Work balance, production floor salary
Extremely frustrating, poor working conditions
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Millwaukie, ORMarch 30, 2016
The OECO site in Milwaukie Oregon was very frustrating to work at. No processes or procedures, senior leaders and directors change and are out the door every 3-6 months, limited resources and no prioritization of projects and objectives. Everyone is massively stressed out and leaders and stakeholders are hostile. Requests from engineering and sales are unreasonable which has led to significant supply chain problems. 30 plus people have been laid off or voluntarily left since beginning of 2016. Worst working conditions I've experienced in my 24 year professional career. Especially in operations and supply chain. Recommend do not work here unless a gluten for punishment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work/life balance, draconian leadership, no recognition for contributions, hostile environment
Floorworker (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAFebruary 16, 2017
It is a great place because you have room for advancement. The people are very helpful. You are always doing something different and not the same thing.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very strict
Beware of Management
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJune 3, 2016
Great co-workers. Good engineering work. Impressive floor workers. Most workers do their best. Work load is heavy. Good job satisfaction. Good challenges. Management is usually not qualified. Even senior management is poor. Frequent personnel changes. Frequent manager changes. Many good engineers have left. Management is often more concerned with keeping their job rather than doing the job right. I'm sad to report that. You could eliminate some managers and would never know the difference. The company has made more than its share of bad hires (i.e. of Directors...) due to quotas, or friendships....
Pros
Good challenges. Responsive work force.
Cons
Many upper and middle managers are not qualified to do their jobs
Don't recommend
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaliforniaFebruary 15, 2015
This (Irvine location off Muirlands) just isn't the place to go to as a senior level engineer or above. Prepare to be severely micro-managed upon joining and then ostracized for not working independently enough. Expect to be abused and bullied by engineering management as a tool for their advancement and personal agendas. Turnover has been high among senior level individuals due to this recently. Expect long hours and subpar pay raises and advancements regardless of your actual performance. Expect to carry on the work of others who have learned to work the system to their advantage and watch them receive the credit.
Pros
Located in a nice area
great place to work at
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 1, 2017
friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff. everyday everyone comes in with a great attitude for work. very clean building. they take safety standards very seriously.
Great Benefits, Team Oriented Environment
Customer Service/Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORMay 22, 2015
Customer Interfacing was a daily exercise, as well as lead team meetings daily and monthly. Report to management key indicators regarding order book status, customer notifications, and forecasting.
Enjoyed leading a small team of customer service representatives and interacting with outside sales team. The company was very much involved in individual success and offered many types of training.
Pros
Benefits, team oriented, company activities
Cons
Constant Leadership changes, overtime
Fun place
Composite tech 2 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2016
Always a good place to work at but gets slow once in a while did a lot of over time my job tittle was composite tech 2 did lay up and demold and worked on l loading and unloading from autoclave.
Good pay, work hours and benefits
Stock Clerk for Aerospace parts distributor (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, Ca.October 8, 2015
I liked my work shift hours in the morning and my hourly pay.
We were able to work overtime Monday thru Saturday if we were available.
We had good medical and dental insurance.
Our 401K plan was great
Pros
Holiday days off with pay
All and all the attitude is good and people are willig to tolerate the bad and make the best of their jobs and make it home for them.
assembler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, Oregon 97222April 1, 2014
While doing my job I was being subjected to stray chemical vapors from other production lines and sensing a loss of breathing and headaches and nausea. No hoods for ventilation , respirators, or a way to contain the bad fumes for the workers. Long hours and poor scheduling by managers to get the product out.
Pros
bonus every quarter
Cons
heath benefits fair
although the heats was bad the jobs is needed
final repair (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJuly 12, 2016
the hardest part about working there was because the fuel tanks had to stay tempt.regulated the heat would be unbareble at times
Pros
the money
Cons
the heat
Good Job
Accounting Clerk Sr. (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAApril 9, 2016
Good place to work at.
Co-workers are really great to work with.
Work hours are good and pay was good.
Management are good to work with you.
Productive company with great benifits to work for
Production Specialist Set-Up G/L (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJune 9, 2013
Lead and train team member to distribute the work for maximum production and timely delivery.
Pros
Enjoyable envirnment, great benifits
Cons
Company moving closing the doors in NH
Not organized
SYSTEMS ADMIN/HUMAN RESOURCES/PAYROLL (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAApril 11, 2016
Manage the daily workflow between orders and plant, process payroll and accounts recievable and payable. Process Purchase orders for company
Pros
little or no supervision, work at own pace
Cons
not much time off or breaks
Good product base and company history
Prototype Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMarch 17, 2016
The company has been around a while, and through all the various mergers with other companies and mixed product types, the overall atmosphere at the company is muddled and slightly hostile - way more noticeable than other companies I've worked for.
ok
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 2, 2014
It is an ok place to work at, especially
if you know someone who works there.
benefits
Cons
favoritism
Day at Work
Floorworker (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJune 18, 2014
I built Fuel tanks for the Military, You had to be very careful at what you were doing.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
On kness alot
Friendly company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAMarch 13, 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Meggitt.
I was there for 18 years and had hoped to be there longer but unfortunately the company decided to out source our jobs so a few of us had to be let go.
I miss my job there. I had made many friends over the years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meggitt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5