Meggitt Employee Reviews

Upper management is a joke
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYDecember 14, 2017
No opportunities for advancement unless you're friends or family. Low morale. High turnover. Expected to compensate for management failures. Upper management doesn't listen. Bad business practices.
Pros
Leaving everyday
Cons
Everything else
Its a job you can grow in and a great place for experience
PRODUCTION PLANNER (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORDecember 5, 2017
you can grow in the company and you can always work overtime day swing or weekend. the employees and staff is a good vibe to be around, the management needs to be a lot more strict but I feel like the roles need to be more specific and manageable
Pros
theres alot of overtime avaliable
Cons
the pay needs to be a bit better
Not a viable long-term option
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 31, 2017
Lack of vision and transparent communication. Big company that operates as a dysfunctional small company. Processes are not up to date. Co-workers are good to work with.
Fun
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAOctober 5, 2017
I loved it my manager was very nice the pay was wonderful and the benefits were amazing everything about them was amazing I didn't want to leave but has to due to health.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Some of the people
worst newly appointed management ever
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 4, 2017
This company used to be a great work place with a wonderful work environment up to last year in late 2016. The work culture was relaxed and production was good.

Until it was appointed new management, they didn't care if they lost employees. That's when it all went bad real quick. The company lost most of its long time talent and replaced them with temps whom didn't have any experience and caused multiple failures and losses.

The new cite leadership team caused more chaos and created high stress and tension amongst the employees, which was the reason most left.

Shame though, it was once an ideal workplace, thanks management.
Pros
Its in Irvine
Cons
Management, poor management
Stressful Work Environment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Troy, INSeptember 29, 2017
My direct Manager was very pleasant to work for. However the Machinist who was in charge of training and overseeing the work done was very derogatory. I take pride in the ability to be a team player and work well with anyone. I felt that I never achieved successful work. I was spoke to in a demeaning manor. I followed chain of command and went to my direct manager with my concerns however the manager was unable to implement any change in who was training.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
management, training
Not to good
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2017
I was so much that People are just not happy with what they did. Its hard enough to have to do ( 5S ) They try and make a new thing called 6s were you cant even have water by your side. NO music only people in the office can have head phones. They want you to work 7pm - 5am with only 2 other people that are not even in the same building.
Company is going through a growth transition and reorganization.
Director Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2017
Meggitt is in the process of reorganizing by combining responsibilities and management replacement. The outcome is stacking of positions and a considerable amount of position eliminating which is resulting in a morale downturn.

As always mentoring my employees and working together is always a pleasure.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Longer work hours
Meggitt
Senior Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJune 19, 2017
Leadership had difficulty with any new ideas on processes.
No change was the motto.
Antiquated systems of operation.
Compensation was OK.
No possible way of job advancement with the leadership that was in place when I worked there.
Culture was a workforce of fear of job loss at all times.
Benefits
Cons
Listed many in my review.
I Love the work that I do supporting the war fighters
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2017
You never know what to expect day to day. I have learned how to best work on composite materials. Good managers. Good workers always wanting to do the best job possible.Hardest part of the job is paperwork. Knowing that the parts we make help and support the war fighters of our country.
very bad place to work.
Test Supervisor/Test Manager (10+ years) (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 12, 2017
its a lousy place to work. people are very unhappy. Mainly management doesn't seem to care about whether the employee stays or goes. I can not stress enough that this company isn't worth the trouble of giving a review.
Worst managed place I ever worked for. Senior leadership team is a joke
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 2, 2017
Management is tearing this business apart. They lie to employees as well as the customer. No wonder they don't have work. Meggitt need to unload the Baltimore plant or bring in management they may be able to save it.The need to pull a undercover boss on this building. It's a real shame that the hourly people will be out of work from there actions.
Pros
Money ok
Cons
Bad management
Good work place
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 17, 2017
Nice people and hard workers. had the night shift made my life easier. Clean location with respectful managers and supervisors. Would work there again
Pros
Hard workers
Cons
No permanent hire
Meggitt Baltimore needs to find their identity!!!!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 4, 2017
No one in senior leadership can tell you any short/long term site or company wide goals. They deploy band aide methodology to address problems that previous band aides did not solve. The SLT makes commitments to customers without knowing the ins and outs of what's involved then turnaround and scapegoat the very team that should have been consulted when the dates slide unfavorably. Meggitt Baltimore has some very talented and intelligent engineers/ technicians but it has amount to nothing due to mismanagement and incompetence. Don't take my word for it........ask any of their customers.
Pros
Every other Friday off
Cons
Incompetent senior leadership
High stress environment
Bonder/assembler (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMarch 22, 2017
Must be able to work at a high stress level everyday and be available whenever they need you to work, wether it is 5 or 7 days a week. must be available to work from 8 to 12 hours without notice
Cons
Short breaks, benefits not good, vacation time very limiyed
Molder
Molder Operator (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 27, 2017
Basic logistical company that works with molding/fabrication.
Pay & Benefits are fair based on area of business. Friendly people and positive work place.
Floorworker (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAFebruary 16, 2017
It is a great place because you have room for advancement. The people are very helpful. You are always doing something different and not the same thing.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very strict
great place to work at
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 1, 2017
friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff. everyday everyone comes in with a great attitude for work. very clean building. they take safety standards very seriously.
You can make a living at Meggitt,
Industrial Engineering Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GADecember 15, 2016
There is no advancing in this company. Meggit pays just enough to live on but not enough to get ahead and the benefits keep getting worse with each passing year.
Pros
Location and hours
Benefits
All of the confusion of a start up, with none of the energy or drive
Management (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 12, 2016
I worked at the Akron, Ohio office with some great people. There were so many broken tech and business processes in place from 2014 to 2016 all over. It took a month to get purchase orders approved, no automated processes were online. They use a PDF for every kind of process in HR. This is the worse on-boarding experience you will ever go through. I had to fill out 20 forms to get on-boarded. HR was in disarray most times. You have to wait a week or more to get a response to a simple question. It took IT a week to get a laptop and 5 days for a phone. All processes were written for a formal and mature Fortune 500 companies, but they were executed at a small business level with chaos and terrible results. Expectation for job success were vague and undefined most times. No negotiation on starting salary either take it or leave it. Interviews were skewed to make you think you'd be doing one job, then day one, you get a different title! Most people in management were struggling just to keep their heads above water. Projects were always being delayed by UK for one reason or another, usually no funding. Robbing one projects funding to replace another's was common. No money to replace anything, but the infrastructure was crumbling all around.
Pros
Smart people here, but scattered, not organized
Cons
Lack of opportunities, too many policies, unreal, unclear expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meggitt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9