Meggitt Employee Reviews

Good work place
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 17, 2017
Nice people and hard workers. had the night shift made my life easier. Clean location with respectful managers and supervisors. Would work there again
Pros
Hard workers
Cons
No permanent hire
Meggitt Baltimore needs to find their identity!!!!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 4, 2017
No one in senior leadership can tell you any short/long term site or company wide goals. They deploy band aide methodology to address problems that previous band aides did not solve. The SLT makes commitments to customers without knowing the ins and outs of what's involved then turnaround and scapegoat the very team that should have been consulted when the dates slide unfavorably. Meggitt Baltimore has some very talented and intelligent engineers/ technicians but it has amount to nothing due to mismanagement and incompetence. Don't take my word for it........ask any of their customers.
Pros
Every other Friday off
Cons
Incompetent senior leadership
High stress environment
Bonder/assembler (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMarch 22, 2017
Must be able to work at a high stress level everyday and be available whenever they need you to work, wether it is 5 or 7 days a week. must be available to work from 8 to 12 hours without notice
Cons
Short breaks, benefits not good, vacation time very limiyed
Molder
Molder Operator (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 27, 2017
Basic logistical company that works with molding/fabrication.
Pay & Benefits are fair based on area of business. Friendly people and positive work place.
Floorworker (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAFebruary 16, 2017
It is a great place because you have room for advancement. The people are very helpful. You are always doing something different and not the same thing.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very strict
great place to work at
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 1, 2017
friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff. everyday everyone comes in with a great attitude for work. very clean building. they take safety standards very seriously.
You can make a living at Meggitt,
Industrial Engineering Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GADecember 15, 2016
There is no advancing in this company. Meggit pays just enough to live on but not enough to get ahead and the benefits keep getting worse with each passing year.
Pros
Location and hours
Benefits
All of the confusion of a start up, with none of the energy or drive
Management (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 12, 2016
I worked at the Akron, Ohio office with some great people. There were so many broken tech and business processes in place from 2014 to 2016 all over. It took a month to get purchase orders approved, no automated processes were online. They use a PDF for every kind of process in HR. This is the worse on-boarding experience you will ever go through. I had to fill out 20 forms to get on-boarded. HR was in disarray most times. You have to wait a week or more to get a response to a simple question. It took IT a week to get a laptop and 5 days for a phone. All processes were written for a formal and mature Fortune 500 companies, but they were executed at a small business level with chaos and terrible results. Expectation for job success were vague and undefined most times. No negotiation on starting salary either take it or leave it. Interviews were skewed to make you think you'd be doing one job, then day one, you get a different title! Most people in management were struggling just to keep their heads above water. Projects were always being delayed by UK for one reason or another, usually no funding. Robbing one projects funding to replace another's was common. No money to replace anything, but the infrastructure was crumbling all around.
Pros
Smart people here, but scattered, not organized
Cons
Lack of opportunities, too many policies, unreal, unclear expectations
Very Helpful Co-workers
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Suwannee, GASeptember 23, 2016
Friendly environment. Great camaraderie between co-workers. Everyone pitches in and lends a hand. Some departments are overworked and burn out due to huge amounts of mandatory overtime when large projects have to be pushed through. However, once it is over, there is definitely an understanding to take time off and decompress.
Pros
Friendly environment, free coffee, most times lunches and leftovers for the workers
Cons
Crazy busy during major contract deadlines., Then gets very slow when projects are over., No balance between crazy busy and dead stop on projects.
Fun place
Composite tech 2 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2016
Always a good place to work at but gets slow once in a while did a lot of over time my job tittle was composite tech 2 did lay up and demold and worked on l loading and unloading from autoclave.
Great Ideas for Manufacturing Improvement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORAugust 12, 2016
Great site for manufacturing improvement, but lacked updated equipment, and had large employee turnover.
Competitive management salaries, but balance between work and home/family was far from even. Production employee salaries lacking.
Pros
Employee interaction
Cons
Work balance, production floor salary
although the heats was bad the jobs is needed
final repair (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJuly 12, 2016
the hardest part about working there was because the fuel tanks had to stay tempt.regulated the heat would be unbareble at times
Pros
the money
Cons
the heat
Beware of Management
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJune 3, 2016
Great co-workers. Good engineering work. Impressive floor workers. Most workers do their best. Work load is heavy. Good job satisfaction. Good challenges. Management is usually not qualified. Even senior management is poor. Frequent personnel changes. Frequent manager changes. Many good engineers have left. Management is often more concerned with keeping their job rather than doing the job right. I'm sad to report that. You could eliminate some managers and would never know the difference. The company has made more than its share of bad hires (i.e. of Directors...) due to quotas, or friendships....
Pros
Good challenges. Responsive work force.
Cons
Many upper and middle managers are not qualified to do their jobs
Not organized
SYSTEMS ADMIN/HUMAN RESOURCES/PAYROLL (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAApril 11, 2016
Manage the daily workflow between orders and plant, process payroll and accounts recievable and payable. Process Purchase orders for company
Pros
little or no supervision, work at own pace
Cons
not much time off or breaks
Good Job
Accounting Clerk Sr. (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAApril 9, 2016
Good place to work at.
Co-workers are really great to work with.
Work hours are good and pay was good.
Management are good to work with you.
Extremely frustrating, poor working conditions
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Millwaukie, ORMarch 30, 2016
The OECO site in Milwaukie Oregon was very frustrating to work at. No processes or procedures, senior leaders and directors change and are out the door every 3-6 months, limited resources and no prioritization of projects and objectives. Everyone is massively stressed out and leaders and stakeholders are hostile. Requests from engineering and sales are unreasonable which has led to significant supply chain problems. 30 plus people have been laid off or voluntarily left since beginning of 2016. Worst working conditions I've experienced in my 24 year professional career. Especially in operations and supply chain. Recommend do not work here unless a gluten for punishment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work/life balance, draconian leadership, no recognition for contributions, hostile environment
Good product base and company history
Prototype Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMarch 17, 2016
The company has been around a while, and through all the various mergers with other companies and mixed product types, the overall atmosphere at the company is muddled and slightly hostile - way more noticeable than other companies I've worked for.
Friendly company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAMarch 13, 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Meggitt.
I was there for 18 years and had hoped to be there longer but unfortunately the company decided to out source our jobs so a few of us had to be let go.
I miss my job there. I had made many friends over the years.
Good personal in all departments, easy to work with while doing my job.
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day at work was full with documents to review and update/type as needed. After 2:00 p.m.I went to the Metallurgy Lab for the part file documents to be scanned to my drive for electronic placement into the designated part numbered folders for the engineers, clients, and trade compliance officer to view, print, and/or fax.

I learned how procedures are to be written, what the Metallurgy lab was, how when parts were made which ones needed to be forwarded to the Trade Compliance officer. This is just a little of what was learned in the time I worked for the company.

The Management personnal always had a lot of work to do and didn't hesitate to ask for my help with their different projects from time to time. I also liked meeting people from different cultures around the globe as they came into the plant for one reason or another.

I got along with everyone I worked with on the factory floor and the 18 different Department Managers I met with from time to time.

The hardest part of my job was chasing down the writers of the procedures, forms, and work instructions when finished with the scrubbing of the newly written or re-written documents for errors then re-typing for approval. I either had to leave and come back for the document at a later time or wait for a rewrite to be done, make the changes then return them for signatures again.

The most enjoyable part of my job was I was constantly learning something new about what Meggitt/Thompson Aerospace & Defense did, how they did it and being a world wide business, I learned about ITAR, Trade Complience, FAA
  more... complience, and what the DOD required for making of parts for their military watercraft or planes. Always something new and interesting to be learned.  less
Pros
Good working conditions, easy to follow proceedures, work instructions and forms to be filled out.
Cons
Sometimes the communications between departments is not clear on what is needed.
Good pay, work hours and benefits
Stock Clerk for Aerospace parts distributor (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, Ca.October 8, 2015
I liked my work shift hours in the morning and my hourly pay.
We were able to work overtime Monday thru Saturday if we were available.
We had good medical and dental insurance.
Our 401K plan was great
Pros
Holiday days off with pay