MEI Employee Reviews

great pay but work is not always there
pipping foreman (Former Employee) –  White Castle, LANovember 17, 2016
fitting pipe,supervising crews,fixing issues.I learned the ability to solve major issues, run crews of 10 to 150 people,my coworkers were very good.management was great. very long hours shifts 14 to 16 hr shifts 7 days a week for monthes. and always out of state. the exsperiance, meeting new people learning new skills on the job
Pros
great pay good company
Cons
all work was out of state
Amazing if your not a temp
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHDecember 26, 2016
If your not a temp it's the best job, if your a temp= low pay, bad looks. Full time is amazing, wish I could be full time! I've worked here my whole life on and off several times, I can't do the 90days because the pay, but I'm still shooting and praying that I can get full time! MEI is an amazing place to work, if u want the hours and amazing coworkers got to CKD! I loved it and i know u will too!!
Pros
Pay, coworkers, benefits, your like a family
Cons
Temp pay!
Its ok. Pay rates could be better
Cycle Counter (Current Employee) –  East Liberty, OHJanuary 22, 2017
For the benefits not bad.but the pay rates could be better. Nice friendly coworkers. 8-12 hour shifts. Good work environment
Pros
Good benefits
Excellent Company to work for
Extended Boom/Flat Mask Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  White Castle, LAAugust 19, 2016
I worked on the Agrium project with this company and the management is professional. The owner of the company was working in the field with us everyday. Safety of their employees is their number one concern. It's a very friendly/family feel when on the job, Best company I have worked for by far!
Pros
Professional, Organized, Safe, 45 minutes to 1 hour lunch breaks, Couple of 15 minute breaks
Cons
No Direct Deposit
THere was no games to play
Millwright Welder (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 16, 2017
To whom it may concern

Over all a safe work place . Safety is what we the workers make it
Learned how to manage people to get job done safely . How to communicate with workers to get job done safely . Being nice to workers and treating them with respect will get you respect
Pros
From time to time would have free lunch as a safety bonus
Cons
15 minute breaks 30 minutes for lunch
Very tuff welds to make
Combo Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Lockport, LASeptember 29, 2016
Very tuff tube welds to make welding in a box,which I like very much . Competitive. An the money is very good. An the people that work for them are very nice
Really enjoyed this job. Great pay.
line tugger (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHJanuary 7, 2017
Was a line tugger in the east liberty location. Made good money with overtime opportunities but had to quit due to illness and on the job injury.
Productive work enviroment and rich in experience
Electrical technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VTNovember 19, 2013
I built and assembled 2 -3 door electrical cabinets, drilled and tapped every hole by myself. Personally wired the entirety of the corresponding panel, which included numerous PLC in and outputs, contactors, a wide variety of control relays, fuse holders, 3 phase transformers ect. I also learned to a professional level plastic welding, using materials such as polypropylene and PVC. I also was sent on the road to install 5 lines, each in a different state. The largest one sent to Santa Clara, CA where I reside for 3 months, the longest work week being 81 hours.
Pros
A lot of travel with expenses paid as well as friendly peers
Cons
No healthcare, No dental, and little advancement
Enjoyable workplace with a forward-thinking technology company.
Americas Gaming Sales Director (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 12, 2015
I had the opportunity to not only work wit a very strong and intelligent Manager but develop a productive and open relationship with the CEO in an environment without offices. MEI has been acquired by Crane.
Learning hydro testing
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  IowaMarch 1, 2016
Good experience
Learned - hydro testing

It was a good safe working environment and I got along well with other co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was working in freezing temperature.
Pros
work day hours
Cons
healthcare was expensive

Want to know more about MEI?

Ask a question
Senior Computer Tech, Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2015
I held the position of technical support representative and moved up the ladder to sr. tech support rep. and phone room supervision.

I also wrote several training manuals used at the corporate offices and in stores across the country to train our computer technicians and help desk teams.

A typical day my be handling 20 or 25 tech support calls. Logging calls in the database was, of course, part of the job. We had an extensive database of problems and resolutions.

Sr. techs, like me, spent time researching or recreating problems and finding solutions for those, then posting those solutions in the database for future reference. I have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, so this aspect of the job was particularly appealing to me.
Pros
interesting, though-provoking work.
Cons
At a desk the whole day, but, that's just part of the job.
Well paid company and safe environment.
A Helper (Former Employee) –  Wever, IAJanuary 5, 2016
Every day was different, I learned how to use basic algebra, trigonometry, geometry, and other mathematical abilities on the work site.
interesting, striving to be more than it is place
Vice President, Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2013
Good group of employees working hard to make a living. Met a lot of good clients who have become friends.
Pros
got to travel
Cons
owner is a micro-manager
Good Place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKAugust 21, 2014
I Loved working at MEI...Felt like home, though it was far, but great benefits, good pay and fun environment.
in charge of tennant buildout jobs
Project Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GaJune 17, 2015
Great place to work, normal hours 6 am to 2:30 pm. learned a lot about dealing with owners and property managers .All the office and field personnel are friendly and great to be around. project schedules can be tough sometimes.
Pros
stable company, great people, rewarded for your ability
Cons
insurance, no vacation
Easy going atmosphere that was also productive.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJuly 6, 2015
Family/friend based atmosphere. Wonderful tools to ensure that the job was done proper. Co-workers were helpful as well as polite. Face-to-face customer service was always pleasant and enjoyable.
great place to work
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 21, 2015
good work people and enviroment. travel and work different refinerys. its a good job and good work and good pay. if ur looking for work go with MEI.
Very entertaining co-workers
Purchasing Agent - Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 12, 2015
Full-charge of MRO, raw materials, and production services as required.
Large variety of daily activities left no room for boredom.
Many products to varied customers ; Iron ore processors, BNSF, NASA.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
no time to use vacation days
Loved the people there
Order puller (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJuly 1, 2015
Over all had a great time working there hours was great pay was great I would go back any time they would need me to. would say the hardest part working there was leaving.
Great job experience
Executive Assistant to the CFO (Former Employee) –  Keokuk, IAMay 21, 2015
Here I did entry level work. Filing, faxing, answering phones, and assisting anyone who needed the help. I would also assist gym members sign up for memberships or take monthly payments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MEI. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2