Meijer Pharmacy

Meijer Pharmacy Employer Reviews

Good place to work, great people!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Anderson, INFebruary 20, 2015
Meijer Pharmacy was a great place to work. I worked part time while going to school. Great atmosphere to work in! You could work part time or full time. The resident pharmacists were very professional and put the emphasis on overall customer satisfaction.
Fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: able to leave when you need to ( to get water, food, shop, or bathroom breaks) and willing to work around your schedule
Cons: i'm only part-time so, i receive no benefits, low pay, and not enough hours
Meijer Pharmacy is a great place to work. Co-workers for the most part are easy to get along with and are willing to help when needed. This is a job where are always learning something new about medications, or about the job in general.
work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Jeffersonville, INJanuary 26, 2015
I arrive to work about 30 minutes early to start running out prescriptions and count them. This work environment takes a lot of teamwork to complete daily activities. The co workers are great for the most part, some do not perform at their highest so others have to pick up their slack. I love the patients.
Good Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 19, 2015
I worked at Meijer off and on for years. I appreciate the values that the company stands for, and the open door policy when it comes to the company's money and plans. The customers was the best part. Working in the pharmacy you meet a lot of different people, all with different problems. It was nice to be able to be a part of making their lives better.
Advance Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), South Bend, INDecember 16, 2014
Friendly staff, busy store, customer oriented employees. Great location and clean store.
Fast paced, multitasking environment
Pharmacist Technician (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 23, 2014
Pros: weekly pay schedule, benefits, opportunity for advancement
Cons: being in such a crammed area with several people trying to multitask at once
A typical day at work usually consist getting all EPS and computers up and running, emptying trash cans, stocking supplies, and stocking cash drawers. Upon opening, there is usually a line at the pick up and drop off windows (sometimes the drive thru also) so I begin to assist customers as needed, and on my down time there I usually go to the counting station, do return to stock, or unpack and scan in the shipments from our Central Fill Office. We rotate stations every 2 hours (Will Calls 1 & 2, Fill Station, Primary Processor, Secondary Processor, and Drive Thru). The duties I just performed are Will Calls 1 & 2, Fill Station and Drive Thru.

From there I usually go to Fill Station where I count and verify medications. At times I am required to partial the meds because of shortage in stock, at which time I am required to figure enough dosage for a 5 day supply. If NDCs don't match I have to make the proper changes using the computer system. I also answer the phone and assist customers, doctors, insurance companies and medical facilities as needed.

After my 2 hours there I go to Secondary Processor and begin to process prescriptions, communicate with insurance companies, customers and medical facilities to verify medications, dosages and instructions. I scan in prescriptions and match the proper NDCs.

Finally I return to either Will Call 1 or 2 or Drive Thru and end my shift there.

During a normal shift team work and communication are essential to doing our jobs to the best of our ability to satisfy the customers. Management is always near by to assist as needed, and supervise.

The hardest part of this job can sometimes be dealing with difficult personalities, and the most enjoyable part of this job is knowing at the end of the day I have helped someone, some family get through a rough time.
A professional work setting with responsibility
Entry-Level Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Bay City, MIOctober 6, 2014
Pros: the knowledge i took with me
Cons: the occasional unhappy customer
The job was very fast paced while most things took time to solve. Customers would become impatient but you had to find a way to keep them calm and explain what was going on which was a challenge I was willing to take. Co-workers were fantastic in helping with questions and teaching the correct way to do things. The hardest part of the job was certainly keeping customers level headed with patience while on the phone with their insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the multitasking with the amount of brain power and customer service you were exuding all at once.
Busy pharmacy with flexible scheduling
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 11, 2014
Working for this pharmacy has provided me with knowledge regarding pharmaceuticals and billing procedures.
Good Opportunity
Advanced Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Woodhaven, MIAugust 29, 2014
Job is extremely stressful that requires a person who is efficient at multi-tasking and juggling for than a few tasks at once. Paying attention to detail and accuracy are two very important skills to possess with this position. On the job training will secure your job placement and advance career.
typical retail
PHARMACIST (Current Employee), taylor, miAugust 27, 2014
typical retail. gets worse all the time. always put more work and stress on the pharmacist. similar to all retail.
Fast moving pharmacy with encouraging coworkers
Level 3 Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Lenox, MIJuly 8, 2014
A normal day at work included, typing prescriptions, working with patients to get the most cost effective educations for them, working with insurance companies to complete prior authorizations, and keeping quality inventory in stock for patients. My job was very fast moving and somewhat rewarding. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help the elderly patients reduce the cost of their very expensive medication. Even after every option they still had to pay high amounts for the medications they needed. The most enjoyable part was being able to help patients get what they needed and them being happy with my work.
Fulfilling job, coworkers awesome.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJune 26, 2014
Pros: patients and coworkers.
Cons: the really busy days and not enough help
Waiting on patients, filling scripts, inputting scripts, inputting ins. info. troubleshooting ins. info. I learned a lot about adding ins. and solving ins. issues for patients. The management was good. Loved working with my coworkers, they were the best. Hardest part was keeping up with the 600 plus script days. But those days went really fast. Most enjoyable was helping the patients and interacting with them, many long time patients are sorely missed now.
Interesting place to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILMay 15, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Meijer Pharmacy at Algonquin was a great place to work at. The co-workers were great to work with and really helpful.
Good environment, fast paced
Level III Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Midland, MIApril 30, 2014
Pros: fast paced, fun environment
Cons: low wages
Management works with schedule restrictions, high stress with customer service, fast paced
Great place to work with great people
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Florence, KYApril 18, 2014
Lots of ways to do more and get involved in patient care. Great computer system, caring management, and a family atmosphere! All around an excellent place to work!
friendly
tech (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIApril 2, 2014
do not ask questions while management team is busy!!! Even other techs who are higher leveled than you get moody when you ask questions
Busy pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: paid weekly, christmas bonuses
Cons: breaks whenever, sometimes even right before shift was over
A lot of communication problems. Management too busy to train accordingly.
Great family business
Staff Pharmacist, part-time (Former Employee), Highland, INJanuary 26, 2014
Did this on a part-time basis and really enjoyed it, but had to find something with more available hours. Great place to work.
Interesting, fast paced, was a Level 3 tech. Enjoy this type of work
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2014
Completed and received all the responsibilities for pharmacy tech.
great place to work
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Warsaw, INDecember 4, 2013
great place to work. private company that invests in their employees.

Meijer Pharmacy Salaries