Meijer Employee Reviews

Found 4,534 reviews matching the search
Great environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJune 25, 2017
Very helpful in training an very relaxed an staff if pretty awesome most part the manager are very easy going very team operative an strict but enjoyable environment
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Non
One amazing job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJune 25, 2017
I loved working at meijer. The people are amazing. You gain such good friendship, skills, memories. The management is amazing. When you walk into meijer its like family
It's ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIJune 25, 2017
Fast paced, no move up, minimum wage with not much of raises available, customers are usually unhappy, and the management really doesn't care how you feel. Okay discounts.
Overall good place to work
DIR PROCESS ANALYTICS AND MERCHANDISE PRESENTATION (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 25, 2017
Overall, Meijer is a good place to work. There are issues like any other company, but they are not significant enough to steer someone away from the company.
Pros
Balanced workload
Cons
Lower than average pay.
Not enough hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 25, 2017
I love working at Meijer because everyone is so friendly and it is a relaxing job compared to the job I worked at before. The only reason I would not recommend a friend to work here is because they wouldn't be able to pay their bills with only 20 hours a week
Pros
nice people, good breaks, good benefits
Cons
not enough hours/money
Decent work environment that tries to give workers unique benefits.
Warehouse Auditor / Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 24, 2017
Working for Meijer offers a number of unique on the job challenges. Daily tasks differed day to day and allowed the development of various skills from working heavy equipment to using a number of receiving computer systems. The workplace culture is positive but lacking consistency in regards to its engagement and can seem to favor one shift over another. The upper managements only concern is meeting metrics so they can seem prudish or disconnected from the work floor which is the cause of a lack of accountability in the building. Most of the personnel management is handled by direct supervisors who make the work environment bearable for the hourly workers.
i loved working for meijers
GM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIJune 24, 2017
i was a great place to work and they help with so many availability differeces and management was wonderful. the work place was wonderful, i loved the people i worked with
Pros
understanding of availability needs
Cons
i dont know
Stressful envirement
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 24, 2017
Overall meijer is a great company, but my store has kinda strayed heavily from fred meijers original values.. Managment is crooked, they dont take into account their employees wellbeings at all. Ive been pushed around alot and put down alot by blue shirts and line leaders along with the store directer who treats everyone like trash.
Pros
Good healthcare, easy work
Cons
Bad managment
Short time i was there.
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJune 24, 2017
I only worked there a week due to not being able to perform the job properly. I have a disability that keeps me from standing on my feet too long. The short time I was there the store was clean and the people were friendly.
good team to work with
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIJune 24, 2017
I worked for three different Meijer locations and was able to accomplish a lot of on the job training. They not only allowed on the job experience, but also offered training for different things.
Pros
able to advance in job
Cons
physically demanding
Busy and productive
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 23, 2017
Enjoyable for the most part. You keep busy for your entire shift but not too overwhelming. There is always something that you can do and co-workers to help you out.
deli clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILJune 23, 2017
I would cut meat and cheese for customers and kept a positive attitude. I learned always keep positive attitude and smile. I love interacting with the customers and keeping a smile on their face.
This Is Unnecessary
Visiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIJune 23, 2017
i worked one day in the entire year for free as a part of the Bring Your Kid To Work Day event. all i did was help my dad and his coworkers do their jobs and see what the work environment was like. I loved it, and i really want to work there for real, but the only reason i listed that for previous experience is because i have not yet had a paying job in my entire life. i will be removing this job from my resume when i actually have something noticeable to list, unless it's relevant.
Pros
good enviornment, nice employees, really nice deli food.
Cons
the store keeps making dumb decisions.
balanced work place
Tableau Developer (Former Employee) –  USJune 22, 2017
It has good work place environment and i have learned many technical aspects.
The management is well and good and their support towards employee is good
While working here, I had pretty awesome co-workers; we had fun while working
Store Trainer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJune 22, 2017
While working at meijer, I experienced several job opportunities all in one fantastic place. I started as a cashier, then training cashiers, then all store training while conducting new hire orientation classes. I was part of a team that was responsible for and participating in meijer community outreach programs, such as National Night Out, Special Olympics, job fairs, and in store community involvement programs like Saturday activities for kids and family, and Senior Bingo. In all of this, I still had time to work in my department sometime. I learned to juggle all of these programs, and have lots of fun while, making it all come together.
At the time when involved in all of these programs, I had a great management team throughout the store, and worked with some great people throughout the community as well as store employees.
The most enjoyable part of my job was those I worked with and the programs we were involved in.
As with a lot of businesses, meijer has a turnover in management; with so many other situations, new management brings about change.
Pros
I was fortunate with the opportunities afforded me with this company
Cons
I rather not say
Productive and great place to work
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 22, 2017
I love my job at Meijers it was a new experience for me,the people where friendly,helpful,honest...Great customer services,great benefit,manager help in the floor,everyone is a team
Pros
Great benefits
Great work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 22, 2017
It was a great working experience. Never had any problem with team leads or supervisors. The store director greeted every associate and was very friendly. The work is good, simple and easy.
Pros
Nice team leads, awesome store director.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIJune 22, 2017
at the time i work there both the employees and customer were rude but that was long time ago. I don't if some of those employees is still there. the store manager was nice.
Pros
discount
Cons
i don't know
Unsatisfactory
Deli and Bakery, truck unloader and cashier (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OH 43512June 22, 2017
I worked all over the Defiance Store, made sure I knew every job I could get my hands on. Excelled, filled in, helped out. Was passed over for every advancement I asked to be considered for. Was suffocated by the horrifically toxic environment, it was constant misery. There were definite instances of abuse and harassment from several members of management even as a union store. I do not typically jump jobs my two plus years at Meijer were the worst, the one job I would never go back to. Serious problem w like 75% of the management staff at that store.
Pros
Cons
unsympathetic scheduling, deceitful and abusive management
Meijer was a Michigan chain department store with better and higher standard quality food and products for customers better than Walmart
3rd Shift Stocker (Former Employee) –  Washing township, MichiganJune 22, 2017
Loved working here ! I worked 3rd shift in the bath and bedding dept. I stocked merchandise made sure stuff was in place, ordered stuff that needed re ordering cleaned isles and made sure the dept looked good during middle of the night ( trust me people were up shopping at 2am) and it was better to do bulk ordering on things needed for the dept at nighttime instead of in the middle of the day. I did help people in other departments that were near me as well when I was done with my stuff..it was just usually me in the dept in the middle of the nigh ( it was slow at 2am) so I'd be done by 3 and want me to stay till 5 am so I'd help out stationary that would be right across the isle from me. Hey everyone needs help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meijer. Our community is ready to answer.