Meijer Employee Reviews

Found 4,734 reviews matching the search
Not Very Professional
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 20, 2017
They don't believe things happen outside of work, favoritism happens at work, put my two weeks notice and dropped me on my last day without notice and bad a coworker tell me which is highly unprofessional.
Pros
Raise after your 90 day
Cons
Poor management, non-dependable hours, understaffed
Extremely stressful
Customer Service / Financial Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 20, 2017
There is no set schedule for anyone except store director and store administrative assistant, therefore you would work one day from 2:30pm - 12:00 am, then have to be back and work from 8:00 am - 6:30pm. Lunches and breaks were often difficult to take. Physically hard walking on concrete most of the 10 hour shift.
Benefits
Cons
No work life balance ever
Fast pace
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Easy going most days but the weekend is very fast pace. The customers and employees are enjoyable. There are great benefits with this position. Work hours are flexible.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MISeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Meijer and there was plenty of room for advancement. The pay was fair compared to the competitors. The work was easy and fair. Management was always supportive and fair with all employees.
Pros
plenty of room for advancement
Cons
hours and working weekends and holidays
alright start up job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 20, 2017
at the end of your shift they will come up to you and make you work for 2 more hours.manager was very nice and productive at what they did. great starter job.
Does not accomodate Disabilities
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 19, 2017
Meijer does not consider mental disabilities (such as PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression.) to be real disabilities. So in other words, an employee feeling safe, does not matter to this company. They also do not care about religious/family beliefs. Religiously my duty is to care for my family, Meijer makes it very hard to be there for my family.
Pros
Benefits. loads of advancement opportunities
Cons
unorganized, unwilling to provide even the smallest accomodations due to disability
good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Newport, MISeptember 19, 2017
Good paying job , you have a set time to get off that you probably are never going to leave on time. you leave when all the work is finished . No exceptions
fast pace busy store
Overnight Store Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Round Lake Beach, ILSeptember 19, 2017
fast pace busy store always on the go the night goes really fast to be able to keep the store full,clean and ready to go in the morning.We have opportunity to change display and built new features when the come in
Pros
great management
Cons
night life
great place
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, MISeptember 19, 2017
it all depends on manager at each store. some managers are better and some are bad but over all I loved working there just was my time to go move on..
Pros
union
Cons
have to earn full time status
Meijer
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 18, 2017
Fast paced environment, long hours and do not work with college students schedules. So, no room for education in ones future working there. Overall ok job.
Pros
certification
Promotions
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MISeptember 18, 2017
I was able to become a cart pusher, cashier, and produce manager in only five months. Showing initiative goes a long way in this job. I was in high school and the appreciated me working hard.
I enjoyed working for Meijer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for Meijer. The only reason I left was for personal reasons. Other than that I I would not have left. The customers are exceptional they love the store. My coworkers were awesome, it was a great place to work.
Good job, too much preference over some workers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILSeptember 18, 2017
The job was great but there was not very good management. Some workers had more preference and it interfered with the schedule. I got to learn about the different types of meats and cheese and I learned how to make pizzas.
Pros
Learn new things
Cons
few benefits offered
GM stocker
GM Stocker (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MISeptember 18, 2017
Things were out of place most things were either lost or stolen. animosity broke out between most employees and employers. money was good but managers were poor.
Had friends loved working their. Loved talking with coustomers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, KYSeptember 18, 2017
It is a nice plsce to work .I liked workung their especially during the Holidays. It gets busy and you meet all kinds of people that is what makes it interresting to work for Meijer.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Nice company
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 18, 2017
Good Place to work. Nice laid back work environment. Good people. The benefits are great. They pay on par with market. Only challenge is west michigan where number of jos are less.
Nice environment lack of hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2017
Good job friendly people but lack hours enjoyed being around co-worker and customer a nice place to shop in quilitay food has all your needs kid friendly
Pros
Friendly
Cons
No hours
Lack of career advancement
Planogram Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sussex, WISeptember 17, 2017
Don't get a job here expecting to move up in the company. If you're fine staying in the position you were hired into and happy with once a year low level raises, this is the place for you. Had three re-vamped management training programs in the YEAR I worked there. They only conduct them every six months or so and no one really has any idea what they are. Management is 50/50. They hire outside of the company and the results are usually catastrophic. Training is poor. Learned most of the job responsibilities myself.
Pros
Good 401K
Cons
Poor management, lack of advancement
Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marysville, MISeptember 16, 2017
Its a good job to start at to learn responsibility. The management makes sure you are trained for your job by experienced employees that will tell you the best ways to do said job.
Great place to get your foot in the door.
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norton Shores, MISeptember 15, 2017
Meijer is my first job, and I wanted to get into baking and pastry as my field of work. Working in the bakery isn't too bad, although we don't always have more than one person working a shift.
Pros
Decent pay, employee discount, friendly coworkers, healthcare, workers union
Cons
Scheduling, busy hours, often work alone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meijer. Our community is ready to answer.