Meineke Car Care Employee Reviews

Owner ran the business into the ground.
Lube Technician/Mechanic Trainee (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIDecember 4, 2016
I have no complaints about the job itself.
Daily work was typical of that of a Lube Tech.
Management was wonderful, minus the horrible owner.
Co workers were delightful.
The Hardest part of the job was dealing with the incompetent owner.
The most enjoyable part of the job was every day he was not there.

To clarify, the owner of this business attempted to pay me $6.70/hr for a 58 hour work week. Only until after a heated argument did he agree to pay me $10/hr for no overtime.

Eventually, after many horrible business decisions, he went out of business, and didn't give either of us any notice until the day of. Two of us had signed leases the within two weeks of learning we lost our job.
Pros
Free Lunch Fridays, Wonderful co workers.
Cons
Poor ownership, questionable morality.
A good automotive maintenance shop.
Primary welder/ General service technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 15, 2016
Equal opportunity employer.
I learned more about vehicles.
Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
The management was average.
Long hours.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Not a lot of business
ok place to work for but no room for advancement.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 10, 2017
it was an ok place to work but we went through several store managers who knew nothing about running an automotive shop before they finally let a technician move up to the position then only as a temporary promotion at first until they figured out they couldn't find anyone better so no room for advancement but if your fine just staying a tech then not a bad place to work but also not the best.
Pros
$8 an hour safety if your not getting enough work to make a flat rate check.
overall satisfactory
Oil Lube Technician/ Mechanic in training (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 20, 2016
most days fairly easy going, had busy days and slow days!
learned a lot from hands on experience at work seeing it with my eyes instead of a sheet of paper! management needs some improvement! boss has lack of noticing unfair treatment between employees. would play favoritism. they were fair, lack of respect and willing to understand others point of view. not feeling like your not as good as the other employees, a lot of negative attention when a honest mistake would occur. love getting hands on, love building and troubling shooting. seeing smile on customers face when job was accomplished! Had a very easy going boss, didn't let much affect their attitude.
Pros
local owner, easy going, awesome all around crew
Cons
favortism towards certain employees, not always willing to accept more jobs throughout the day
a lot of training provided i
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 16, 2016
I learned a lot about business and business management during my employment with Meineke. I was able to hone my skills down and was provided with a lot of good training. my co-workers and I made day to day operations successful and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job to me was being married to the company and not having any time to handle my own business or life considering as it was a Monday through sat job from 7 am to six pm every day and my only day off was on Sundays. So needless to say anything like hobbies I was not able to fulfill.
Busey
Technician/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work would be to come to work on time and work hard all day. I learned that practice makes perfect. Management is a position of authority and meant to be respected. Co-workers are those that I can help and also shadow them on things I do not know how to do, for my learning ability and the companies productivity. The hardest part of the job is having to pick up messes after co-workers, but I do it out of respect for the next shift and the look of the shop. The most enjoyable part of a job is making good money and being able to take care of my family comfortably.
Shop Location in Irmo offers nothing to their employees not enough equipment to do the job.
Manager, Overseen all shop operations (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 6, 2017
Would not recommend working for the Meineke Irmo location poorly ran by the owner that owns it. No overtime pay paid only straight time only has 3 employees to run the shop. Owner does not support Corp. at all.
Pros
Cons
No benefits or vacation time nothing offered and no overtime pay
not the best place to work
District Manger (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Upper management likes to talk bad about its employs if you like being belittled every day then this is the job for you and if you like going to cash your pay check and find out you cant because there's no money in the account

With that being said all Meineke are franchises it all depends on the Owner of the one your working for.
Pros
The employs at the store level are veryhard working and onust
Good people, but hard work
Inventory Associate/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 25, 2016
The hours were often long, and the work was constant.

Management was usually concise and helpful when needed, I learned plenty from them and it helped me develop more skills in the workplace.

The conditions aren't the greatest, but that is to be expected in a car shop.
Pros
Good camaraderie among staff and employees
Cons
Tough hours, condiitions
Great company with room for career advancement
Assistant manager & Automotive repair technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Great company to work for with plenty of opportunities for career advancement. Friendly work environment & knowledgeable automotive technicians on staff. Up to date diagnostic/repair equipment. Owner relationships to employees shows compassion & care.
Working at Meineke is fun but also stressing, overall its a great experience in which I have learned a lot in the past months.
Lube Tech/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lawndale, CANovember 30, 2016
A typical day at work consists of cleaning and organizing the shop. Besides cleaning and organizing we obviously work on customers vehicles. We drive them in and do a 32 point inspection before we start any work on the cars. I have learned a lot in the past 4 months working in a shop, many things on my own and many things from my co-workers. My co-workers are more like family, we all get along very well. Everyone is really professional and respectful and we make a good strong team. There is nothing I can actually say is hard in the job but sometimes I come around a situation or car that might be complicated but I always find a solution, either on my own or with the help from my team. The most enjoyable part of my job is of course working on cars but also working alongside my teammates.
Had very poor management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJanuary 5, 2017
Was a great place to work, other than management. Very busy, but the schedule constantly changed at the drop of a hat with no notice. Moved up fast and planned to be there awhile but it fell through
Pros
Good pay
Cons
hours were never the same
I liked getting them flag hours 💵
Automotive Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Always tried to learned something new everyday. Had a great team work while it lasted.Only thing was that management was replaced about 4 times in a 2 month period.
Cons
Health care
Good overall job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ferguson, MODecember 7, 2016
I open, run, and close the store without much input from any outside management. The customer base at this location is diverse and many just want to know what is wrong with their vehicle without any intent to have repairs performed.
good environment work place
Smog Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CADecember 8, 2016
Good coworker, owner treat fair to mechanics.Busy shop with lots of work make you work harder. work on variety make , model vehicle especially European vehicle give you more chance to learn.
Good company but no opportunity for advancement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 26, 2016
Meineke has a good customer service base, but lacks the opportunity for advancement and communication with employees. Especially since most location are franchised
Learned a wealth of knowledge
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2016
Enjoyed my time with Meineke as general manager of multiple locations throughout Georgia and South Carolina. Met wonderful people and learned a lot and taught a lot of useful knowledge.

Meet lifetime friends with this company and never had second thoughts about anything we all did there. Was saddened when stores sold and owner wanted to get out of the business.
We will all remain friends forever.
Jim Allen
Pros
Awesome people, wealth of knowledge.
Cons
Employee turnover.
I was the asst manager and I was the only one there ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDFebruary 6, 2017
The pay was only commission, and the Owner never showed up. we never had money to pay for the parts to fix the customers vehicles, Let alone accounts set up eit the parts stores. I used money from the till, and then had to put money out of my own pocket to make the till right. I worked 6 days a week 10-15 hr days with no lunch.
OK if you are a student.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTJanuary 18, 2017
Too much work not enough pay. Mangers don't care about there employees. It is a good start for a student. You can learn a lot but you get paid nothing.Dead end job.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
no weekends off no way to move up in the company.
productive
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSFebruary 13, 2017
loved the work, enjoyed working there. lots of hands on training. cleaning was crucial. great equipment that i enjoyed learning. supplies and demand were high but as a crew we always pull through.
Pros
great crew
Cons
unsafe work practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meineke Car Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5