Meineke Car Care Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work environment.
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed the time I was employed at Meineke Car Care Center. I learned a lot about cars and industry standards in today's advance technology in the automotive repair industry.
Unsafe
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 19, 2017
Manager does not invest in maintaining equipment. Alignment rack drops unexpectedly with vehicle loaded. Overcharges for work and parts. Fired for no good reason.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to learn.
Cons
Combative work environment
Bunch of great guys
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIMay 5, 2017
Great place to work, mechanics are fun to work with. If your good with customers it makes it easy. Hours are long but it goes quick. Owner is a great guy.
great
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDApril 24, 2017
first thing I like to do when I get to work early is to assess what the workload is before I actually have to work. then whatever job I get analysis the situation for what it is
Pros
free invironment
Cons
management
not a good place
Mechanic responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 6, 2017
this place is a job. pretty much how you have to look at it. they dont do anything for the employees and also the management sucks there. always have when i was there. they don't care
good job / good work place
Exhaust/ Brakes (Former Employee) –  District Heights, MDApril 4, 2017
Work there for twenty two years. 1994- 2016 Learned a lot. about cars / welding / exhaust/ brakes/ shocks always wanted to work for metro subway sense I was younger
Pros
Free lunch / good experience
Cons
No overtime
Franchise Commitment
Franchise Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 3, 2017
Less than I expected, Concerned about fees rather than future business relations.
Lack of competent contacts
No consistent point of contact, multiple change of support without notification.
Pros
National recognition
Cons
Lack of local needs, Information cookis-cutter rather than local market.
Very Stressful
Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 29, 2017
they are always replacing, relocating, and firing employees. No one ever works there longer then about 9 months on average. Management is always changing how they want things done, with little to no warning. There was no balance between work and life.
Pros
I got a pay check, but it was not good
Cons
They need to figure out what they want the company to do and stick to one thing without changing it.
Fun place to work
Manager/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 26, 2017
A typical day would consist of opening the store and making sure that the shop was ready for the customers and then making sure that the customers received a higher than average experience with us
Productive and fun
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 22, 2017
I find it very useful. I have had success with it in the past. A down fall is all the bogus calls and emails you recieve from other people. Can honestly do without all of that. But all in all it is good. Would advice others to use it.
starts by opening the shop
Class B Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMarch 1, 2017
talking to costumers about the car or truck they had advising the problem ordering parts and preforming the task brakes, exhaust, oil changes, anything and everything..
Pros
busy
Cons
short or no lunch
Great Opportunity To Serve Community
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCFebruary 28, 2017
Had the absolute pleasure to serve the Wake Forest community with an automotive service that was exceptional and greatly appreciated by customers. Was rated one of the best managers to do business with by numerous customers due to the timely and professional manner that their vehicle was serviced.
Pros
Great store hours
Cons
No benefits at all, paid as 1099, very unprofessional operation by owners
Helping people with their car
Manager (Current Employee) –  Comstock Park, MI, Holland MIFebruary 24, 2017
I mostly enjoy learning more about the industry, Everyday you get to meet new people. The most difficult part of the job is telling someone that their car is not safe.
Pros
Learning many new things
Cons
Only one running front most days
Excellent Repair Center
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelby, MIFebruary 20, 2017
I always got along great with the staff of Meineke. I feel the store has very friendly service staff and the owner is a great guy. The shop itself is one of the cleanest and well lit i have ever worked in. Great place to work.
productive
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSFebruary 13, 2017
loved the work, enjoyed working there. lots of hands on training. cleaning was crucial. great equipment that i enjoyed learning. supplies and demand were high but as a crew we always pull through.
Pros
great crew
Cons
unsafe work practices
Trust Meineke for all your car care needs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 13, 2017
Meineke is the most recognized name in auto repair. There are over 900 locations, which makes them the largest car car provider in the world. Trust the experts at Meineke for all your car care needs.
not the best place to work
District Manger (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Upper management likes to talk bad about its employs if you like being belittled every day then this is the job for you and if you like going to cash your pay check and find out you cant because there's no money in the account

With that being said all Meineke are franchises it all depends on the Owner of the one your working for.
Pros
The employs at the store level are veryhard working and onust
ok place to work for but no room for advancement.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 10, 2017
it was an ok place to work but we went through several store managers who knew nothing about running an automotive shop before they finally let a technician move up to the position then only as a temporary promotion at first until they figured out they couldn't find anyone better so no room for advancement but if your fine just staying a tech then not a bad place to work but also not the best.
Pros
$8 an hour safety if your not getting enough work to make a flat rate check.
I was the asst manager and I was the only one there ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDFebruary 6, 2017
The pay was only commission, and the Owner never showed up. we never had money to pay for the parts to fix the customers vehicles, Let alone accounts set up eit the parts stores. I used money from the till, and then had to put money out of my own pocket to make the till right. I worked 6 days a week 10-15 hr days with no lunch.
Shop Location in Irmo offers nothing to their employees not enough equipment to do the job.
Manager, Overseen all shop operations (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 6, 2017
Would not recommend working for the Meineke Irmo location poorly ran by the owner that owns it. No overtime pay paid only straight time only has 3 employees to run the shop. Owner does not support Corp. at all.
Pros
Cons
No benefits or vacation time nothing offered and no overtime pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meineke Car Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5