Meineke Car Care Employee Reviews

Excellent Repair Center
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelby, MIFebruary 20, 2017
I always got along great with the staff of Meineke. I feel the store has very friendly service staff and the owner is a great guy. The shop itself is one of the cleanest and well lit i have ever worked in. Great place to work.
productive
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSFebruary 13, 2017
loved the work, enjoyed working there. lots of hands on training. cleaning was crucial. great equipment that i enjoyed learning. supplies and demand were high but as a crew we always pull through.
Pros
great crew
Cons
unsafe work practices
Trust Meineke for all your car care needs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 13, 2017
Meineke is the most recognized name in auto repair. There are over 900 locations, which makes them the largest car car provider in the world. Trust the experts at Meineke for all your car care needs.
not the best place to work
District Manger (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Upper management likes to talk bad about its employs if you like being belittled every day then this is the job for you and if you like going to cash your pay check and find out you cant because there's no money in the account

With that being said all Meineke are franchises it all depends on the Owner of the one your working for.
Pros
The employs at the store level are veryhard working and onust
ok place to work for but no room for advancement.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 10, 2017
it was an ok place to work but we went through several store managers who knew nothing about running an automotive shop before they finally let a technician move up to the position then only as a temporary promotion at first until they figured out they couldn't find anyone better so no room for advancement but if your fine just staying a tech then not a bad place to work but also not the best.
Pros
$8 an hour safety if your not getting enough work to make a flat rate check.
I was the asst manager and I was the only one there ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDFebruary 6, 2017
The pay was only commission, and the Owner never showed up. we never had money to pay for the parts to fix the customers vehicles, Let alone accounts set up eit the parts stores. I used money from the till, and then had to put money out of my own pocket to make the till right. I worked 6 days a week 10-15 hr days with no lunch.
Shop Location in Irmo offers nothing to their employees not enough equipment to do the job.
Manager, Overseen all shop operations (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 6, 2017
Would not recommend working for the Meineke Irmo location poorly ran by the owner that owns it. No overtime pay paid only straight time only has 3 employees to run the shop. Owner does not support Corp. at all.
Pros
Cons
No benefits or vacation time nothing offered and no overtime pay
Good store I liked working there
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 4, 2017
I like d working there it had a vey friendly environment. Also was a very strong store that held together well with work and employees and all.
Pros
Got to learn everything
Cons
To far to drive everyday
Mangement is terrible
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJanuary 19, 2017
The mangers altered my timecard and didn't pay me for the hours I was working so I quit the Manger also frequently narrowed money from me and didon't pay it back
Great company with room for career advancement
Assistant manager & Automotive repair technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Great company to work for with plenty of opportunities for career advancement. Friendly work environment & knowledgeable automotive technicians on staff. Up to date diagnostic/repair equipment. Owner relationships to employees shows compassion & care.
OK if you are a student.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTJanuary 18, 2017
Too much work not enough pay. Mangers don't care about there employees. It is a good start for a student. You can learn a lot but you get paid nothing.Dead end job.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
no weekends off no way to move up in the company.
I liked getting them flag hours 💵
Automotive Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Always tried to learned something new everyday. Had a great team work while it lasted.Only thing was that management was replaced about 4 times in a 2 month period.
Cons
Health care
Had very poor management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJanuary 5, 2017
Was a great place to work, other than management. Very busy, but the schedule constantly changed at the drop of a hat with no notice. Moved up fast and planned to be there awhile but it fell through
Pros
Good pay
Cons
hours were never the same
excellent facility
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 18, 2016
excellent place to work, new equipment relaxed comfortable place to work. wish it was still open, closed due to business expenses city wide taxes and fees.
Pros
excellent work conditions
A good automotive maintenance shop.
Primary welder/ General service technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 15, 2016
Equal opportunity employer.
I learned more about vehicles.
Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
The management was average.
Long hours.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Not a lot of business
Fun and great place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MODecember 13, 2016
I really enjoyed my job here. I loved helping our customers and building that relationship with them over the years. The only reason I left is they sold the business.
good environment work place
Smog Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CADecember 8, 2016
Good coworker, owner treat fair to mechanics.Busy shop with lots of work make you work harder. work on variety make , model vehicle especially European vehicle give you more chance to learn.
Good overall job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ferguson, MODecember 7, 2016
I open, run, and close the store without much input from any outside management. The customer base at this location is diverse and many just want to know what is wrong with their vehicle without any intent to have repairs performed.
Learned a wealth of knowledge
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2016
Enjoyed my time with Meineke as general manager of multiple locations throughout Georgia and South Carolina. Met wonderful people and learned a lot and taught a lot of useful knowledge.

Meet lifetime friends with this company and never had second thoughts about anything we all did there. Was saddened when stores sold and owner wanted to get out of the business.
We will all remain friends forever.
Jim Allen
Pros
Awesome people, wealth of knowledge.
Cons
Employee turnover.
job is awwesome
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 5, 2016
love it flexible hours came in not knowing what quickbooks was but learned very quickly how to use it and google sheets also how to type in an accurate manner all the information that was needed
Pros
good hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meineke Car Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5