MEINEKE

MEINEKE Employee Reviews

Hours
Service Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 29, 2015
Pros: great owners
Cons: long travel
Nice environment long hours and pay was not as I was used to. Worked every weekend. Loyalty was a plus. Moved on due to new job being closer to home and more pay.
Laid back shop environment
Shop Foreman/Lead Technician (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILMay 13, 2015
Pros: Friendly shop environment
Cons: No benefits, no time off, very long work week.
As is typical of any automotive repair garage, the overall atmosphere is fairly laid back. I personally worked over 70 hours a week, 6 days a week, and much of my tenure there was spent as the only employee, which placed all work tasks on my shoulders. I was also never offered any benefits.
fun and interesting
G.S. technacion (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXMay 12, 2015
Service managers who give advice and help where needed also service techs who will assist those who are willing and eager to learn.
Challenging
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee), Fair Lawn, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no health benefits, 401k and not enough staff .
The job overall is second nature to me and is what i am use to and familiar with . I say the job is challenging because there is no steady work flow . The buisness it's self is a constant roller coaster some weeks are more busy than others . I love the challenge and love when I accomplish meeting my own personal goals when I am able to speak with customers and enlighten them with my knowledge of vehicles . I love to build healthy relationships with the customers and meet their needs of having someone trust worthy to service their vehile .
I have learned to be more paitent when it comes to running a buisness . I fully understand it's not easy to build a buisness from scratch . I have worked here for five months and I have built many strong trust relationships with customers concerning their vehicle needs . The hardest part of the job is being paitent with customers walking in the door . The most enjoyable part of the job is when customers do walk in the door and I am able to greet them and make them feel welcome in the facility .
loved this job
Daily mechanic work (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 4, 2015
it was just disappointed that they promotions didnt happen within.

I was taught alot about things that I questionsand the co-workers were awesome and helpful

The hardest part was leaving
worked there and it sucked!!
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the more cars you bring in the more miney
Cons: sucked at pay, no lunch break, tried screwing people on cars
worked there for 3 months and they started screwing me on my paycheck!! each paycheck was missing like 4-500 bucks. working there was good i had alot of cars come in and make alot of sales but they let me go and wouldnt tell me why! i think because i said something about my pay to my manager and the owner found out and they didnt tell
me why!!
Standard Big Chain Automotive
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Metro AtlantaDecember 15, 2014
Mainly untrained employees. NO Benefits. No brand awareness. Corporate structure is no help.
The owners are the most wonderful people one can ask for
Lead Technician (Current Employee), Modesto, CASeptember 23, 2014
Despite having the most wonderful, compassionate, and professional owners (whom unfortunately, do not live in Modesto to oversee the business), this location needs a more professional team. Based on my previous jobs and the work ethics, I need to move to a different shop.
Offered full repair services
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 23, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: nothing
Diagnosed problems on vehicles and estimated cost to customers. Advised customers on manufacturer recommendations, cashed out customers, and answered any questions about the work done. Maintained full accountability of all parts, tools, and equipment
its a job to support family
Mechanic (Current Employee), Loves Park, ILMay 11, 2014
Pros: deal on parts
Cons: hostile work area
co worker is easy goin management is very moody/bipolar and has temper/anger issues
not a great place
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 12, 2014
Cons: not paid enough to work there
job really was under paid , and manager did not like beards so he was always on the 2 guys that had face hair to shave , but the owner had a full beard , and he did not care , other things was the job was very under paid
fair
Express Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: automotive experience
Cons: poor management
poor management and unorganized scheduling i would come in at 9am and would send me home at 10am because its slow when we close at 6pm. i ddnt like that
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee), Salem, NHFebruary 5, 2014
Same as Husson motors, just with more help. There was a lot of down time.
It was an ok job
Store Manager/ Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSSeptember 12, 2013
Was a good paying job but they are just after people's money and not quality.
NO BENEFITS OR TIME OFF
Shop Manager (Current Employee), Webster, MASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: my name on a bussiness card
Cons: 62 hours a week no time off
I HAVE COME IN TO SAVE THE STORE BUT HERE TOO MANY HOURS A WEEK AND CAN'T GET TIME AWAY, I HAVE BEEN GIVEN NO AUTHORITY IN SHOP AND CAN'T MAKE THE DECISINS NEEDED TO GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL. I CAN SAVE ANY SHOP BUT COMPENSATION IS MINIMAL TO WHAT THE JOB CALLS FOR..
overwork, under pay
Automotive Technician (Current Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 21, 2013
Cons: lots
This company hires everybody flat rate so that they can work you 50-65 hours a week and only pay you for between 30-40 hours a week. Management doesn't care about the employees, they only care about themselves and getting bigger bonuses. Over all a bad place to work.
auto mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXAugust 18, 2013
Pros: good friends that manage the store
Cons: the owner was the way he is
well working there was not a good thing the owner of it lets people go for no reason.
Good place just not enough hours
Technician (Current Employee), Lake OswegoAugust 7, 2013
Pros: fantastic managment
Cons: flat rate pay
good place but no benefits

flat rate pay but hours not guaranteed
Technician at meinkeke
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 9, 2013
Worked as a master ASE certified automotive technician responsible for all business operations including customer relations, diagnostics and service delivery.
Busy garage with little to no hostility.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLJuly 3, 2013
Pros: hired with no degree
Cons: couldn't get far without a degree
I found that my time in Meineke, may have been short but was enjoyable as the owner was an understanding man and rarely caused any trouble. The same could be said about the other mechanics. They were all very willing to help me learn the trade that I was working in. They were all surprised at how fast I learned and how quickly I had my work finished when they took atleast twice as long as I did. The hardest part of the job was late in the day when all the work that has been done gets to you and you begin to notice the aches and pains you've developed through out the day.

About MEINEKE

Meineke offers a variety of automotive services for exhaust systems, brakes, air conditioning and much more.

MEINEKE Salaries