Melaleuca Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment
Product Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 30, 2016
Melalueca as a company is a great company and care greatly on customer satisfaction. Working in the facility its self it extremely stressful and drains you of all energy. At month end when we get the most orders coming in, management is put under extreme presser by supervisors and not all of the coordinators handle it well. Some take there frustration out on each other and even associates creating a hostile work environment for all employees. Many ten hour shifts,Saturdays and double standards between each shift and between employees. Many associates that have been hired have no common sense, are lazy, and have to be babysat constantly putting more strain on the harder working employees. Lots of favoritism in all levels of management and unfairness.Be prepare to work your butt off while others stand around, have no life outside of melalueca and constantly be around people with bad attitudes.
Pros
90$ monthly voucher and decent products
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment, favoritism & small raises
If only the pay was higher..
Product Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  IdahoSeptember 21, 2016
As someone who hasn't been to college, working with Melaleuca has been a great job. I love being able to work in different areas to learn new skills and also socialize with so many good people.
Often they overwork us..10 hr shifts and Saturdays. They try to keep us happy with a free lunch, small gift cards, or candy.
I appreciate the $80 product check every month. My favorite is the 10 hrs paid vacation adding up every month! They also award longevity checks after 5, 10, 15, 20 and so on years.
However, with all that said the pay rate it terrible. Raises are nearly non-existent, with many people getting less than 10 cents a year. Management also has problems with favoritism. There are cases where people who have been working under five years make only a few cents less then people working close to ten years.
In this environment having a great work ethic and working yourself to death will only earn you more work, not more opportunities/money.

I've worked here a few years. I don't see myself staying much longer mainly because of the low pay rate.
Pros
Good insurance, paid vacation, comfortable environment
Cons
Low pay, horrible raises, favoritism
Melaleuca is fun
Processor (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 17, 2016
Ok place to work ,
Fun work enviroment.
Coworkers are fun to be around
I have to left 50 pound bags daily so this isnt fun
The benifits are good but can improve
Management can impove communication between departments.
I have learnd and impoved as a person thanks to my manager.
Negative, oppressive place to work.
Processor I/Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 4, 2016
The production department is considered the ugly step child of this company. The equipment used is out dated and substandard for the level of productivity that is expected. The employees are managed with negative reinforcement, and are rarely given praise for what is done. There is no efficiency in how production is run. Suggestions of how to improve efficiency are discounted and excuses are given as to why the suggestions cannot be implemented.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poorly managed, very low pay, long hours.
Great production job! Great Management
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 10, 2017
I worked for Melaleuca for 3 years before excepting my current position. Love the company, its products and management. If I had to I would definitely go back there and work again
very kind executives,
quality production specialist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 7, 2017
rated high only because of the executives. production supervisor was hostile. created bad environment. executive promised he would take care of it. finally some justice. otherwise super company to work for. even gives you free product.
melaleuca
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 15, 2016
Great company to work for. They provide a great work environment and make it fun. Compensation is terrible though. Not much more to be said about Melaleuca.
Was a fun place to work and very professional
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 31, 2016
I enjoyed this job a lot. If i could get a job here again doing what i did before i would love it. They treat their employees very very well here. Great benefits and pay. Exiciting new products, given opportunities to work in different areas of the company. Fun company parties. Lots of incentives here.
Pros
Good pay and chance to advance, monthly product check
Cons
Month end
Best wellness company ever
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I love this company every product and my makeup the vitamins, I love their skin care products and basically everything. It is the best company I would never leave melaleuca.
Pros
Free products by watching videos
Cons
Very busy customer service
Great company with excellent products
Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 28, 2016
I love this company and their products. The support and training within the company was top notch! Even though I no longer work for Melaleuca I still shop with them and use their products in my home everyday.
Pros
Easy to market products, great people
Cons
People are put off by mlm
my plan b is simply awesome
Product Advocate/independent marketing executive (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 27, 2016
there is nothing like enhancing lives to those you touch simply by helping friends and family achieve their goals. melaleuca is anamerican made manufacturing company whom provides me and you the opportunity to promote their products via word-of-mouth,....it is definitely my favorite way to advertise,
Pros
time and freedom while making extra $$$$
Cons
finding time to promote melaleuca after being a letter carier all day/evening(myplan a)
Great Productss
Director of Marketing/ Work from Home (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJanuary 23, 2017
The Products are great but they expect to much from their customers to purchase every month. You can advance quickly but it's hard to get people to purchase a min of $50 a month every month to advance.
Health and Wellness
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 6, 2017
Melaleuca is a Direct sales orgainiztion - on line health and wellness with a mission statement of "enhancing the lives we touch". 100% geared to living debt free, live balance and health!
Could be great
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 16, 2016
Melaleuca has great benefits and good compensation for employees. they appreciate employeed well. not so great with working with your schedule. especially when you have children
Amazing marketing job, make your own hours!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 1, 2016
Create your own hours and be your own boss. Work from home in your pajamas or host a fun party. Enroll customers in a membership to the online website. All natural organic products delivered to you. Great commission opportunities.
Good
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Idaho FallsMarch 5, 2017
It's a okay place to work. I want a job that I'm not disappointed to go to i want to be successful. People are nice there but I feel I don't get the respect I deserve.
Excellent temporary employment
Sales/ Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 18, 2016
Great place to work if you are a college student. It would be nice if they could facilitate moving into other fields in the company but HR has no connections/ interest in helping you moving to say product management, engineering, manufacturing. so in the end people end up leaving because there is no room to grow in the company.
Pros
flexible schedule, lots of incentives
Cons
short breaks, long hrs on month end
Productive, successful place to work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 14, 2016
Melaleuca is a great company to work for. The management is very professional. The pay just isn't where it should be. The hours bounce around
Customer Service Associate Call Center (Former Employee) –  Idaho FallsOctober 24, 2014
Good place to work. Amazing benefits. For those with little or no education looking for an entry level position you won't find a better paying job. The upper level positions are often payed slightly below national averages, but the benefits more than make up for it. Lots of room for advancement with lots of inside hires, however this sometimes creates a situation where incompetent and unqualified employees move up the ladder into management positions simply because of their longevity with the company. Overall one of the better places to work that you'll find.

As a side note: there are many reviews done by Independent Marketing Executives. It is important to note that they are independent promoters of the company and have a very different experience than Melaleuca employees.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of advancement opportunities
Very organized.
Director II (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 11, 2014
1 Make a contact list.
2 Make appointments.
3 Make presentations.
4 Close sales.
5 5 day follow up then once a month.
6 Prospect for new contacts
7 Celebrate success.

The hardest part is surviving financially while learning a new career.

Management needs to solidify their training.

I learned that sales is no more than helping a customer shop for what he/she is already going to buy.

The most enjoyable is the entire cycle of mingling.
Calling family members, old friends and the making of new friends.
My co-workers are always up-beat and optimists.
Pros
The career education does not fit with a broke individual.
Cons
Once the networker learns how, and does. His compensation is awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Melaleuca. Our community is ready to answer.

80%