Melaleuca Employee Reviews

Negative, oppressive place to work.
Processor I/Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 4, 2016
The production department is considered the ugly step child of this company. The equipment used is out dated and substandard for the level of productivity that is expected. The employees are managed with negative reinforcement, and are rarely given praise for what is done. There is no efficiency in how production is run. Suggestions of how to improve efficiency are discounted and excuses are given as to why the suggestions cannot be implemented.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poorly managed, very low pay, long hours.
If only the pay was higher..
Product Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  IdahoSeptember 21, 2016
As someone who hasn't been to college, working with Melaleuca has been a great job. I love being able to work in different areas to learn new skills and also socialize with so many good people.
Often they overwork us..10 hr shifts and Saturdays. They try to keep us happy with a free lunch, small gift cards, or candy.
I appreciate the $80 product check every month. My favorite is the 10 hrs paid vacation adding up every month! They also award longevity checks after 5, 10, 15, 20 and so on years.
However, with all that said the pay rate it terrible. Raises are nearly non-existent, with many people getting less than 10 cents a year. Management also has problems with favoritism. There are cases where people who have been working under five years make only a few cents less then people working close to ten years.
In this environment having a great work ethic and working yourself to death will only earn you more work, not more opportunities/money.

I've worked here a few years. I don't see myself staying much longer mainly because of the low pay rate.
Pros
Good insurance, paid vacation, comfortable environment
Cons
Low pay, horrible raises, favoritism
my plan b is simply awesome
Product Advocate/independent marketing executive (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 27, 2016
there is nothing like enhancing lives to those you touch simply by helping friends and family achieve their goals. melaleuca is anamerican made manufacturing company whom provides me and you the opportunity to promote their products via word-of-mouth,....it is definitely my favorite way to advertise,
Pros
time and freedom while making extra $$$$
Cons
finding time to promote melaleuca after being a letter carier all day/evening(myplan a)
Positive work environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 29, 2016
Melaleuca has a positive work environment for a call center. They have good benefits for their employees. Working in the call center is fun when you get to talk to people from all over the country.
Was a fun place to work and very professional
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 31, 2016
I enjoyed this job a lot. If i could get a job here again doing what i did before i would love it. They treat their employees very very well here. Great benefits and pay. Exiciting new products, given opportunities to work in different areas of the company. Fun company parties. Lots of incentives here.
Pros
Good pay and chance to advance, monthly product check
Cons
Month end
Call Center experience with healthful benefits
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 24, 2016
This company has many products that are beneficial and providing that opportunity to others through order taking was successful. Not so easy was upselling items you knew the person didn't want or need. Advancement for women not encouraged.
Excellent temporary employment
Sales/ Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 18, 2016
Great place to work if you are a college student. It would be nice if they could facilitate moving into other fields in the company but HR has no connections/ interest in helping you moving to say product management, engineering, manufacturing. so in the end people end up leaving because there is no room to grow in the company.
Pros
flexible schedule, lots of incentives
Cons
short breaks, long hrs on month end
wonderful company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 20, 2016
Melaleuca is such a great company I learned and saw so much being there. I was there for 8 yrs. There really isn't anything I can say I don't like about this great company.

The atmosphere there is great. The customers are great along with the co-workers.

I am proud to say I worked there.
Pros
insentive, prizes, people, work with your schedule.
Cons
Wish in Rexburg had a cafertia
overall a good company to work for
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 11, 2015
great company values, excellent work environment and benefits but low raises and difficult to advance outside of current department
Pros
benefits and schedule
Cons
low pay
It's all about who your friends are, not your qualifications
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDSeptember 4, 2015
The hours are long with little to no breaks. Management doesn't care about employee relations, just about playing games and taking care of themselves.
Pros
Product check, some what flexible with school schedule
Cons
No room for advancement unless you suck up to management, and become their best friends, The people in charge hold grudges, and don't care about how qualified a person is.
Exceptional company with exceptional products
Marketing Executive / Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2015
Contact people on a daily basis to tell them about the exceptional products.

I have learned that we can live healthy productive lives in all aspects without compromising our lives by eating, drinking and applying wellness products.

The CEO and Presidnet of Melaleuca is a very kind, honest and modest person.

We have the best co-workers because we all have one main goal.

The hardest part of the job is having to set everything up because we have to make sure we do not forget anything that goes with doing a presentation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people all the time and the compensation we receive for working hard like vacation trips all over the world.
To many hrs
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 27, 2016
they treat people vey bad, they would not let me get a drink of water when I was working 10 hrs I went to the kitchen after I let the restroom, and I was told I was not allow to get a drink
Pros
very few
Cons
No breaks, they dont treat you like a person
hot shot
SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 13, 2016
work at month end and take orders. It was nice learn about product but get the products to test and use at home. hardest part about the job is the long days at month end.
Pros
using product
Cons
on telephone all day
Could be great
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 16, 2016
Melaleuca has great benefits and good compensation for employees. they appreciate employeed well. not so great with working with your schedule. especially when you have children
fresh products
Independent Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 8, 2016
It is always a pleasure to show a family how to live toxic free with consumable goods that a green, safe for your family, safe for the environment, and saves you time and money, delivered to your door.
Pros
products
Cons
remembering to order
Productive, successful place to work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 14, 2016
Melaleuca is a great company to work for. The management is very professional. The pay just isn't where it should be. The hours bounce around
Customer Service Associate Call Center (Former Employee) –  Idaho FallsOctober 24, 2014
Good place to work. Amazing benefits. For those with little or no education looking for an entry level position you won't find a better paying job. The upper level positions are often payed slightly below national averages, but the benefits more than make up for it. Lots of room for advancement with lots of inside hires, however this sometimes creates a situation where incompetent and unqualified employees move up the ladder into management positions simply because of their longevity with the company. Overall one of the better places to work that you'll find.

As a side note: there are many reviews done by Independent Marketing Executives. It is important to note that they are independent promoters of the company and have a very different experience than Melaleuca employees.
Pros
great benefits, lots of advancement opportunities
What I learned
Direct Referral Agent/IBO (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2016
As an IBO fo melaleuca I learned how to overcome my shyness and how to build a business from the ground up. I always learned that it take real decision making on how you run a fully functional prosperous organization without fail.
Pros
Time freedom
Cons
Commission based
Clean and Organized Work Environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 13, 2016
Long days, good pay, great benefits, friendly work environment. Learned how to run machinery quickly. Hardest part was constant speed of production.
ok job
Spanish Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 12, 2016
Great work environment co-workers are amazing; when it comes to work around your schedule or being understanding with your situation they don't seem to be all about their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Melaleuca. Our community is ready to answer.