Melaleuca Employee Reviews in United States

Negative, oppressive place to work.
Processor I/Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 4, 2016
The production department is considered the ugly step child of this company. The equipment used is out dated and substandard for the level of productivity that is expected. The employees are managed with negative reinforcement, and are rarely given praise for what is done. There is no efficiency in how production is run. Suggestions of how to improve efficiency are discounted and excuses are given as to why the suggestions cannot be implemented.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poorly managed, very low pay, long hours.
Call Center experience with healthful benefits
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 24, 2016
This company has many products that are beneficial and providing that opportunity to others through order taking was successful. Not so easy was upselling items you knew the person didn't want or need. Advancement for women not encouraged.
Positive work environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 29, 2016
Melaleuca has a positive work environment for a call center. They have good benefits for their employees. Working in the call center is fun when you get to talk to people from all over the country.
overall a good company to work for
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 11, 2015
great company values, excellent work environment and benefits but low raises and difficult to advance outside of current department
Pros
benefits and schedule
Cons
low pay
It's all about who your friends are, not your qualifications
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDSeptember 4, 2015
The hours are long with little to no breaks. Management doesn't care about employee relations, just about playing games and taking care of themselves.
Pros
Product check, some what flexible with school schedule
Cons
No room for advancement unless you suck up to management, and become their best friends, The people in charge hold grudges, and don't care about how qualified a person is.
Exceptional company with exceptional products
Marketing Executive / Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2015
Contact people on a daily basis to tell them about the exceptional products.

I have learned that we can live healthy productive lives in all aspects without compromising our lives by eating, drinking and applying wellness products.

The CEO and Presidnet of Melaleuca is a very kind, honest and modest person.

We have the best co-workers because we all have one main goal.

The hardest part of the job is having to set everything up because we have to make sure we do not forget anything that goes with doing a presentation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people all the time and the compensation we receive for working hard like vacation trips all over the world.
Excellent temporary employment
Sales/ Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 18, 2016
Great place to work if you are a college student. It would be nice if they could facilitate moving into other fields in the company but HR has no connections/ interest in helping you moving to say product management, engineering, manufacturing. so in the end people end up leaving because there is no room to grow in the company.
Pros
flexible schedule, lots of incentives
Cons
short breaks, long hrs on month end
wonderful company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 20, 2016
Melaleuca is such a great company I learned and saw so much being there. I was there for 8 yrs. There really isn't anything I can say I don't like about this great company.

The atmosphere there is great. The customers are great along with the co-workers.

I am proud to say I worked there.
Pros
insentive, prizes, people, work with your schedule.
Cons
Wish in Rexburg had a cafertia
What I learned
Direct Referral Agent/IBO (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2016
As an IBO fo melaleuca I learned how to overcome my shyness and how to build a business from the ground up. I always learned that it take real decision making on how you run a fully functional prosperous organization without fail.
Pros
Time freedom
Cons
Commission based
fresh products
Independent Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 8, 2016
It is always a pleasure to show a family how to live toxic free with consumable goods that a green, safe for your family, safe for the environment, and saves you time and money, delivered to your door.
Pros
products
Cons
remembering to order
Collection of Angry, Bitter Old Women and Freaks
Distribution Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN.June 12, 2015
Repetitive, mind-numbing factory work in a noisy environment with freakishly-odd and intellectually-challenged coworkers. Management is shockingly third-rate. The hardest part of the job is dragging yourself back into work day after day to your loser job. If you stay for any length of time you will lose your soul. Seriously.
Pros
benefits, nice campus.
Cons
danger of losing your soul.
Customer Service Associate Call Center (Former Employee) –  Idaho FallsOctober 24, 2014
Good place to work. Amazing benefits. For those with little or no education looking for an entry level position you won't find a better paying job. The upper level positions are often payed slightly below national averages, but the benefits more than make up for it. Lots of room for advancement with lots of inside hires, however this sometimes creates a situation where incompetent and unqualified employees move up the ladder into management positions simply because of their longevity with the company. Overall one of the better places to work that you'll find.

As a side note: there are many reviews done by Independent Marketing Executives. It is important to note that they are independent promoters of the company and have a very different experience than Melaleuca employees.
Pros
great benefits, lots of advancement opportunities
ok job
Spanish Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 12, 2016
Great work environment co-workers are amazing; when it comes to work around your schedule or being understanding with your situation they don't seem to be all about their employees.
Clean and Organized Work Environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 13, 2016
Long days, good pay, great benefits, friendly work environment. Learned how to run machinery quickly. Hardest part was constant speed of production.
Great College
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 19, 2016
Great company to work for. Not really a way to climb up or grow personally. Working for melaleuca has been a great growing opportunity
Very organized.
Director II (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 11, 2014
1 Make a contact list.
2 Make appointments.
3 Make presentations.
4 Close sales.
5 5 day follow up then once a month.
6 Prospect for new contacts
7 Celebrate success.

The hardest part is surviving financially while learning a new career.

Management needs to solidify their training.

I learned that sales is no more than helping a customer shop for what he/she is already going to buy.

The most enjoyable is the entire cycle of mingling.
Calling family members, old friends and the making of new friends.
My co-workers are always up-beat and optimists.
Pros
the career education does not fit with a broke individual.
Cons
once the networker learns how, and does. his compensation is awesome.
One of the best call center environments.
Customer Service, Wellness, and Enrollments (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IdahoNovember 13, 2014
Melaleuca has two call centers. One in Rexburg, Idaho and another in Idaho Falls, Idaho. They were very accommodating to my college schedule. The management team is incredibly supportive. We are always encouraged to ask questions. They work with employees to help them when they are struggling with work. It is a very positive environment. They gave 1-hour long lunches to full-time employees when I worked at the call center. They reward employees for striving to do the best on each and every call. The only downside I would say is that it is of course a call center and this job is not for everyone. That being said, they do have many positions within the call center to which people can apply. On a full-time schedule employees will get about 19 minutes in total each day that they can be off the phones. There are small downsides, but many good benefits.
Pros
great management, good benefits, and generally great employees
Cons
short breaks
Great schedule flexibility
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2015
A great place to work. The only issue was that compensation was based solely on commission. The most enjoyable part of the job was the support of the co-workers. The worst part of the job was only being able to make money based on sales.
Political, Religious, and Overall Cheap
Regional Sales (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 9, 2012
Unless you're Mormon and graduated from BYU, don't plan on climbing the corporate ladder here. Pay sucks, benefits are okay, but the employees are constantly stabbing each other in the back and morale sucks. Their products are overpriced and the majority of their "marketing executives" pushing their business are spending loads more than they ever make. I've seen it time and time again...
Pros
benefits were fair
Cons
pay, politics, overly religious mormon ceo & management
low pay but great benifits and atmosphere
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 10, 2015
Low pay but was allways treated well and given opportunities for growth and advancement. The ceo was always willling to show appretiation for his warkers.