Melaleuca

Melaleuca Employer Reviews

It's ok if you have the right support behind you
Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Really hard to grow if your coach does not help you, but again network marketing is not easy if you don't have the experience, skills, or patience. If you are considering the opportunity DO NOT QUIT YOUR DAY JOB. Start as a part-timer. Other than that products are excellent!
low pay but great benifits and atmosphere
Business Development (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 10, 2015
Low pay but was allways treated well and given opportunities for growth and advancement. The ceo was always willling to show appretiation for his warkers.
One of the best call center environments.
Customer Service, Wellness, and Enrollments (Former Employee), Rexburg, IdahoNovember 13, 2014
Pros: great management, good benefits, and generally great employees
Cons: short breaks
Melaleuca has two call centers. One in Rexburg, Idaho and another in Idaho Falls, Idaho. They were very accommodating to my college schedule. The management team is incredibly supportive. We are always encouraged to ask questions. They work with employees to help them when they are struggling with work. It is a very positive environment. They gave 1-hour long lunches to full-time employees when I worked at the call center. They reward employees for striving to do the best on each and every call. The only downside I would say is that it is of course a call center and this job is not for everyone. That being said, they do have many positions within the call center to which people can apply. On a full-time schedule employees will get about 19 minutes in total each day that they can be off the phones. There are small downsides, but many good benefits.
can work my own schedule
Account Executive (Former Employee), IdahoOctober 30, 2014
Pros: be avaliable for my family when they needed me
Cons: not a steady income at first
I was able to work from home when I wanted. No parties or inventory to keep on hand.
Customer Service Associate Call Center (Former Employee), Idaho FallsOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, lots of advancement opportunities
Good place to work. Amazing benefits. For those with little or no education looking for an entry level position you won't find a better paying job. The upper level positions are often payed slightly below national averages, but the benefits more than make up for it. Lots of room for advancement with lots of inside hires, however this sometimes creates a situation where incompetent and unqualified employees move up the ladder into management positions simply because of their longevity with the company. Overall one of the better places to work that you'll find.

As a side note: there are many reviews done by Independent Marketing Executives. It is important to note that they are independent promoters of the company and have a very different experience than Melaleuca employees.
Work
Marketing Executive (Current Employee), VirtualOctober 18, 2014
 Administered data analysis, trend identification
 Assist women with opportunities to work-from-home
 Manage product launches from conception to completion
 Provide health and wellness education and products to clients while maintaining multiple projects in an online capacity
Advancing and Growing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDOctober 1, 2014
Pros: very forward thinking company
Cons: difficult to communicate with management.
The daily function of office life is very positive and focused on the future. The workplace has a positive and productive feel that presents each employee with the opportunity to succeed and meet their goals. The motto of the company is "Improving the lives of those we meet, by helping people reach their goals. "
a
Material handler (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJuly 25, 2014
High school job no real advancement opportunity . created lasting friendships only because I was in high school then...
Great Company
Director/Marketing Executive (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJuly 12, 2014
Residual Income
Flexible Hours
Great teamwork
Supportive team
Online training available
Great Products
Eager to help customers and business builders
Marketing Executive (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 17, 2014
Pros: own schedule, marketing systems already in place, excellent support
Cons: you earn an income based on the work and time you put into it
Melaleuca offers direct-to-consumer sales of high-end, affordable products that people use every day. It makes sense to use quality, affordable and healthy cleaning products and cosmetics, so joining this company as an independent marketing specialist was a no brainer.

My team not only provides the tools necessary to build your business but also meet the needs of your customers. There is no need to "re-invent the wheel".
very busy environment, time passed quickly
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Idaho Falls IdahoApril 11, 2014
answering inbound sales order calls and customer complaints/reviews
Good products.
Marketing Executive (Former Employee), Branch, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: cheaper prices as a member
Cons: monthly requirement and billing
difficult monthly requirement and cancellation, but the products work and are very good.
Fun Work from home experience
Independent Marketing Executive (Current Employee), North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: being able to work from home
Cons: learning to say no to people
Working from home showed me how hard it was managing work life with family life. Once you are able to find that balance, everything becomes so easy! The hardest part of the job is keeping my 4 year old out of the room while doing a live online presentation. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to reach out to others and show them how easy it is to get safer products in your home and be able to earn income at the same time!
Very organized.
Director II (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: the career education does not fit with a broke individual.
Cons: once the networker learns how, and does. his compensation is awesome.
1 Make a contact list.
2 Make appointments.
3 Make presentations.
4 Close sales.
5 5 day follow up then once a month.
6 Prospect for new contacts
7 Celebrate success.

The hardest part is surviving financially while learning a new career.

Management needs to solidify their training.

I learned that sales is no more than helping a customer shop for what he/she is already going to buy.

The most enjoyable is the entire cycle of mingling.
Calling family members, old friends and the making of new friends.
My co-workers are always up-beat and optimists.
Melaleuca is great home-based business
Network Marketing - Sales (Current Employee), HomeJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: time flexibility
Cons: network marketing requires a lot of selling
A typical day is cold calling for two hours. Two hours of training for those in your group who need guidance. The goal is to invite as many people to webinars as possible to show them how they can extra income. Most of the time is spent on the phone or in a meetings. The most enjoyable part is work flexibility. The hardest part is bringing in new customers or business builders. I learned how to manage a team, advertise and train.
Good company
Business Development (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDOctober 9, 2013
Pros: products
Cons: sitting too long
Love the products and philosophy. Good energy and friendly environment. Very pro-employee and customer.
Stable company
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 19, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay
Melaleuca has been an awesome experience for me, I've been fortunate to grow my skills and learn new things in several different areas of a production standpoint.
Network Marketing Rep.
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Franklin, MAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: taught me to take initiative and the ability to handle rejection.
Independently set up appointment with clients, made in-house presentations, and closed sales.

Here I learned a lot about the psychology of selling techniques and have established several working relationships with clients.

Learned how to take rejection and the values to be learned from failure.
A fun place to work at some of the time but needs improvement.
QA Tech (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 2, 2013
Pros: chose your own break times
Cons: manager never there
When we first come in the in the morning, we have to pull a report & do some checks on bottles to make sure they are the correct size, color & depth. Then we would pull samples for the lab to run tests. We would also check things like caps, sprayers, & even food that would be brought from another company. Our job was either to approve the item or reject depending on if they meet the requirements. My favorite part was having the freedom on my own to work but that was also the problem. I learned that they needed to further their training periods. That is where the management lacks the most.
Love the products
Marketing Executive (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDMay 10, 2013
Such a great company to work for! So much support from upper management and the products are amazing. I loved working with customers and my business peers.

1 2 3

About Melaleuca

Melaleuca grows its sales from the ground up. Deriving its name from the tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia), the company is a leading – Read more