Founded in 1992, The Melita Group is an Employee Benefits Brokerage and Human Resources Consulting firm serving clients with a genuine commitment to excellence in service, innovative solutions, and market expertise. Our mission is simple: We help small and mid-sized companies achieve success by implementing and managing HR and employee benefits programs focused on the well-being and productivity of their employees.
We are partnering with our client, European Paving Designs in looking for a Controller to join their team in San Jose, CA.
Imagine you have the power to influence change in how we design and construct the aesthetics of our future. If this sounds interested, read on.
The people of European Paving Designs, Inc. are industry-leading experts with exceptional talents for innovation, education, and inspiration. We transform design concepts to reality through unparalleled craftsmanship. Our clients and colleagues motivate us every day to be fearlessly creative, nimble, and exceptional. We seek out provocative projects, thrive on challenging circumstances and value the most talented, committed individuals – that’s where you come in.
The Controller role has just been created as a result of Company growth and corporate strategic initiatives. This position reports directly to the COO/CFO and is instrumental in the success of the current and future growth of the Company. If you are the ideal candidate, you will possess the highest professionalism and ethics as well as a drive to innovate beyond the current status quo in the industry. In addition, as a keen analytical thinker and an exemplary communicator, you will thrive in professionally developing a staff of three while propelling your growth within the Company.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage month-end close, and generate internal and external financial reporting.
- Be proficient in key areas of accounting operations and able to back up: AP, AR, Job Costing, Job Billing, Contract Administration and Payroll/HR as needed.
- Interface with customers and vendors to create alliances for best practices in daily operations.
- Be the accounting liaison with Project Management to support cost control and risk reduction.
- Perform contract review and collaborate with Estimating and our customers for mutual satisfaction.
- Develop and manage a staff of three.
- Cash Flow management.
- Interface with external auditors for various compliance reviews.
- Work with COO/CFO on financial projections, financial modeling and sensitivity analyses.
- Participate in designing systems and controls which meet Company policy standards.
- Develop and improve accounting practices.
- Be integral in furthering the Company’s organizational development to support long-term growth.
- Eagerly participate in Company initiatives including facility improvements and systems analysis.
- Be able to self-manage with an eye toward professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business is required.
- Minimum of 7 years with progressively increasing responsibilities in accounting and finance management/supervision experience required.
- Experience with popular SaaS tools (Google Drive and SalesForce), MS Office Suite and ERP systems required. Experience with Intacct a plus.
- Must have proven experience in Project Management Best Practices, Construction industry experience a big plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Must be a ‘hands on’, proven, effective leader that garners trust and loyalty from subordinates.
- A team-oriented professional that is adaptable, solution-oriented utilizing experience and creativity.
- Excellent at cultivating strong relationships with inter-department peers and the Company network. By possessing professional verbal and communication skills, the right person is able to confidently and effectively communicate and establish themselves as the “go to” source for accounting and finance in the Company.
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively, delivering accurate results under tight deadlines.
- Must be a highly motivated professional with a keen sense of attention to detail and an analytical thinker.
- An open attitude and an eye for emerging technologies in the construction industry a plus.
If you have the experience we seek and the desire to add your talents to our growing team, send us your resume and include a vision of how you would influence the future success of EPD. Please submit to: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=oC1BXfwV&s=Indeed_(Sponsored)
European Paving Designs, Inc. is California’s oldest and most experienced resource for the design and installation of unit paving systems. They offer unique artistic and technical installations in a wide variety of products and designs. From the de Young Museum to the private luxury home, they strive to deliver the best customer experience, sustainable designs, and the highest quality installations. Please visit their website at www.europeanpavingdesigns.com.
Our client offers rewarding careers at all levels in project management, estimating, field operations and administrative staff. EPD is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a workplace culture based upon quality, performance, and respect.